This could be Brady's finest season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

This could be Brady's finest season

I have not seen Brady grind out yards and the clock like this since 2001-2003. There are no safety valves for him. He can't use an empty backfield and throw 5-7 yard passes to smoothly move the chains. He has no Gronk, no Amendola, no Vereen. The rooks are getting open but don't have a feel for his game yet. Defenses are keying into the running game and stacking up the line. This stretch of the first 10 games or so is going to be tough. It's like building a bridge while you are traveling over it. Yet, I see him grinding away, and playing like the champion he is. Finding Edelman 13 times, 6 yards at a time is amazing! I honestly feel this is one of his finest performances in a stroried career. Dobson and Thompson WILL become more comfortable with Brady. The three missing pieces will be back. In the meantime, this team will find out that it has the intestinal fortitude to overcome adversity.

The defense is keeping the offense in the game, and deserves credit as well. I have not seen the secondary play like this in years. Even the safeties were on fire. The linebacking corps is strong and deep.

I am very happy we are 2-0. We should be 0-2. The rest of the teams will regret letting them off the hook when this team is so vulnerable. This is gut-check time and Brady, the defense and the coaches are passing the test. You have to give BB his due, this guy is an inspirational leader.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

Re: This could be Brady's finest season

I am not sure I agree, hard to be Brady's finest season with 2007 in the books. I would say this could be the Patriots finest season as these things you speak of will be done as a team. I am all for giving the offense, with the rookies, time to gel and build chemistry. I do think however its time to DIAL a Veteran ASAP before Edelman gets killed. He can't be the only go to 3rd down guy until Gronk gets back or he is going to end up injured as well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It may be Brady's finest considering the lack of supporting players he has to work with.  It is a question of what one defines as "finest".  Finest, statistically?  Then this year may not be one of them.  "Finest" as in being a leader as standing out in spite of the lack of support, that may be the case here.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

It may be Brady's finest considering the lack of supporting players he has to work with.  It is a question of what one defines as "finest".  Finest, statistically?  Then this year may not be one of them.  "Finest" as in being a leader as standing out in spite of the lack of support, that may be the case here.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Well said. Finest leadership performance is what I meant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123six. Show 123six's posts

Thankfully we are in the AFC East...this will give them the time they need to gel becuase none of the other teams in the division will have a winning record.  As for the LBs, I agree with your comment that they are deep but not impressed so far.  Not impressed with DL so far either.  The only playmakers on D so far are in the secondary (Arrington, Dennard, Talib)...who would have thought!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to 123six's comment:

Thankfully we are in the AFC East...this will give them the time they need to gel becuase none of the other teams in the division will have a winning record.  As for the LBs, I agree with your comment that they are deep but not impressed so far.  Not impressed with DL so far either.  The only playmakers on D so far are in the secondary (Arrington, Dennard, Talib)...who would have thought!

I guess you didn't see the game huh?