This doesn't make any sense

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: This doesn't make any sense

In Response to This doesn't make any sense:
    [QUOTE]How can the best drafting guru of all time only get 7 starters out of 51 picks, only holding onto 23 of those players while the Jets and the floundering Mike T, got 9 starters out of 27 picks holding onto 17.  It is all so confusing when the facts seem to deny the general belief in patsieland.  http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Did you know that good teams like the Patriots (who since 1993 have won more games than any other NFL team) draft lower than bad teams and therefore have to choose players with less talent?  Did you also know that good teams have fewer needs to fill than bad teams and hence are less likely to hold on to draft picks and even less likely to start them?  Finally, did you also know that the New York Jets drafted Vernon Gholston?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Congratulations on your Super Bowl!  Being ranked #4 in a 5 year study of NFL drafts!

And you are going to put merit in a study that ranks Brandon Meriweather as the Patriots best pick in the past 5 years?  LOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: This doesn't make any sense:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This doesn't make any sense : As any reasonably educated football fan knows, you can't legitimately judge a draft for a few years.  It's always nice to see rookies produce, but it's not necessarily indicative of what they will do in their career.  Last year, you clowns were claiming Julien was headed to Canton.  How's that looking now?  Although, I don't think too highly of Brandon (though I hear he's a dead on shot from 8 feet away) it's not out of the question that he's been the best of the crop.  In a year, that will be Mayo.  However, the point is not who some clown considers the best or worst pick, it is about number of draft picks who are starters or even remain with the team.  

I think the point is winning Super Bowls....Not being judged as a great drafting team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Vernon Gholson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Yes I know his name is missing a T,thats because he never tackled anyone.Two of the Jets highest recent picks are horrible busts...Vernon Gholston and Dirty Sanchez

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Only you would question a legend of a coach ....  Your credibility is worthless to none.  I believe Rex is a great coach (see I made an unbiased opinion about our rival, which is a skill you do not obtain) and BB is better at this point for he has 4 Super Bowl appearences and sustained success over 10 years.  Rex has two AFCC games, but cannot get across the hump... so in result you question the best coach in NFL at this time and possible ever.... congrats sir, you failed.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

To be honest if rex gets to 10 more AFCC games and no superbowl... is that really an accomplishment at all?  What about McNabb and the Eagles (4 straight NFCC games, one superbowel apper\arence).  Sure reid still has a job, but who can do better, right?  So you then look at BB, and no matter how he drafts, they are still extremely successful, but how do we sustain success if he somehow always bombs drafts?  Maybe these players do enough, and he coachs them extremely well.  And we both know that even if some drafts from BB were not stellar We always seem to get a B or higher grade from these football experts on NFL Network, Espn, writers alike and so on.  So coming from you (a Jets fan) and taking a shot at any weakness (or what seems to be a weakness to pounce on) you call out BB for missing a few. 

And as far as Rex's first stint's??????  The team have been 30 million over cap... you better have some success...  He has had winning season (Barely) and has had things go his way in the playoffs... sure.  I will not knock their ability to win games, but to my eye these are by no means convincing winning season... they are still a question mark..

And through these last few drafts we have a NE team that has and will continue to rebuild, and accomplished a 14-2 with great offense with marginal play on defense.  We continue to grow strong, while again the Jets can only get better at QB play... a big what if, but NE's potential is extremely higher at this point without question.  And all under the cap as well.  The youth movement is well in effect. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

It's also pretty amazing how a great defence covers up weaknesses of a marginal QB, no?

However, your last post has substance, but what you stated is that the draft is an entire gamble basically, which I def. agree with.  Now if you reread you post and understand it's all up in thei air, BB is actually pretty damn good at it.  We do have a lot of holes that why you trade down and have great players across the board and stay high next year as well.  Then if BB feels there is that true difference maker, he may just trade up and get him(Wilfork, Warren, Seymore).  Our entire team has been built with 2 rounders... not bad depth of talent really, now maybe we find our difference makers this year who knows....

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This doesn't make any sense : One last thing.... bla bla bla Jets got lucky bla bla bla, pastises are rebuilding What do they call it when a new HC comes in and replaces half the roster?   Is it only called rebuilding when you lose your only playoff games for three years?

It's called rebuilding when your QB is the only remaining piece from earlier in the decade... and i did not say the jets were all luck, but I did say they did not win in a fashion that makes me think this team cannot be beat... we had that 3 seperate seaons in the BB reign.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

the only thing i can say good about rex ryan is he is aggressive with team need. they brought in edwards and holmes for wr and than cromartie and lt for cb and rb. but than again edwards drops a lot and runs his mouth, holmes got kicked off the steelers. HA. since they are felons and low lifes mostly and to top it off cromartie who has how many kids from how many different girls in how many different states. and LT's mouth runs more than his legs do anymore

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Slow off season, hey, Phat?  I guess you need to pound on something else to break the monotony!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

[QUOTE]Slow off season, hey, Phat?  I guess you need to pound on something else to break the monotony!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

agc cant we all get along and be good little foot soldiers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to This doesn't make any sense:
    [QUOTE]How can the best drafting guru of all time only get 7 starters out of 51 picks, only holding onto 23 of those players while the Jets and the floundering Mike T, got 9 starters out of 27 picks holding onto 17.  It is all so confusing when the facts seem to deny the general belief in patsieland.  http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936

Teams still just start out with 1 selection per round, right?  Unless of course, your players are good enough to BOTH leave in free agency AND get good playing time, WITH a big contract on a new team, right?  In this case, and with a Salary Cap, you thus cannot sign all your best free agents, and your thus awarded a comp pick...Jets don't many of these see, b/c they don't have enough talent to lose.  Overall, ya gotta figure in THIS: Which would be-How many former Patriots from these drafts are still in the league vs How Many NY Jets players.  You'd also might want to consider that for the first few years of these drafts in question, NE was on the heels of winning 3 Superbowls, so their team was vet heavy, and thus-Well, ya don't wanna screw with a SP Championship team that much the next year (not alot of openings).  Also, ya might like to add in how many picks NE has this year in the opening rounds alone (6 picks in 3 rounds to the Jets 2).  Either way, IF you ridiculously don't wanna figure in to the equation ANY of these things...?  Then fine.  Let's just do easy math then, o.k?  So, NE had 51 picks with 23 still on the team, right?  Jets 27 picks with 17 still on the team...  This would be 6 more guys on NE's team...  That's doing better. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea, who covers the 49ers, widens his scope by producing a five-year study of the NFL Draft. As part of the study, Maiocco ranks the NFL's 32 teams based on who had the best drafts from 2006-2010.

The Patriots check in at No. 9.

"The Patriots stockpiled picks, and they've generally hit on their early selections. But they haven't had a whole lot of success mining for contributors in the later rounds," Maiocco writes.

Maiocco explains that the rankings took into consideration where teams selected; how many star players were acquired; booms and busts at the top of the draft; late-round gems; and how the players selected contributed to wins and losses.

The rival Jets edge the Patriots with a No. 4 ranking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Under rex ryans drafting, the Yets have grabbed who exactly?

In 2009 you got Sanchez who is still a lieability and not a strength. Shonne Greene, looked good in short stints but backs up an ancient LT, Matt Slauson who I believe did a decent job filling in.

When you pool all your picks into three guys, you better hit gold. Sanchez isn't gold(yet, he can get better but its a wait and see seeing as his third season is approaching) Greene who has had 1306 yards and only 4 touchdowns in two seasons and a guard who is decent but not anything special.

Compare that to New Englands 2009 draft:
    Pat Chung is a starter, great against the run and decent in cov.
    Brace was improving at DE and was great at stopping the run before injury ended his 2010 campaign.
    Vollmer is the Franchise LT of the future( could be moved to LT this year if Light doesn't resign)
    Tate: Great KR, deep threat, performed well considering he was coming off two knee injuries.
    We also got Pryor and edelman, both who are solid backups.

A stud Safety/ Franchise tackle and a KR/deep threat plus depth at Dline( Brace and Pryor) and Edelman.

You can argue we got 2 starters, potentially 3 if Tate improves which he should and 3 solid back ups, 4 if Butler shows improvement. We added solid depth and also got 2-3 starters while your draft produced a QB with rather dissapointing stats seeing he has pro bowlers at the WR position, on the Oline and a great rushing attack, a RB that has yet to prove himself and a guard that was a great fill in.

Pats 2009 draft /> Yets 2009 draft.

Then we look at last years draft, BB orchastrated a draft that blows the Jets 2010 draft out of the water.

The Yets got Kyle Wilson, a nickleback.
    Vlad Ducasse who played in two games, started none.
    Joe McKnight who has bust written all over him.
    and a fullback.

Patriots got a Pro Bowl CB in McCourty
    Gronkowski who dominated in his rookie season.
    Cunnigham wasn't expected to play much, and he didn't, as he made the DE to Pro OLB conversion yet he still was able to produce in limited action.
    Spikes who is a thumper at ILB
    Hernandez who is a matchup nightmare
    Deadrick was good depth and Mesko was a much needed improvement on special teams.

You want to argue drafting, how about Rex Ryan drafting only seven guys in his two draft, only two of those seven show any real potential( sanchez and Greene)

Its too early to judge the 2010 draft but the players BB selected have made an impact instantly, RR, not so much. You can argue Sanchez and Greene but I can throw McCourty/Gronkowski/Chung/Spikes/Hernandez/ in your face.

When it comes to Drafting, BB knows what he is doing. Rex Ryan and Co.? The jury is still out on their drafting.

You can come up with stats like the ones you began the topic with but numbers like that have little to no substance. You break down the recent drafts under BB and RR and we can see the real picture, which annoys Yets fans like yourself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This doesn't make any sense : 30 million over the cap?  A few problems there.  You can't be over a cap that does not exist.  You can't be over a cap that does exist when the season starts, so who cares.  And I think 30 million was the difference between what the patsies spent and the Jets spent last year.... guess who spent more.  Currently, I think the Jets are at about 100mil (the last cap was about 130). Did you have a point you were trying to make? 

Oh damn almost missed this post!!!!!!!!!!!

New York Jets Salary Cap

NFL Salary Cap Limit: $127,997,000
    Jets Adjusted Cap: $129,278,924
    Current Estimated Cap Space: $808,335
    Jets Rookie Allotment: $3,429,442

This already pout them over then....... LT, JT, Rvis extension, brought in Holmes from trade, and extended Scott I believe....  yes they are waaaay over