This is cheating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

This is cheating

NEWS
    Jets fined $125,000 for manipulating injury report

The NFL has assessed $125,000 in fines to the New York Jets and former coach Eric Mangini for violating the league’s rules on injury reporting with former quarterback Brett Favre last season.

The Jets failed to place Favre on the injury report during the final month of last season even though he had a torn biceps tendon. Teams are required to disclose an injury each week.

The Jets were fined $75,000, and Mangini and Jets president Mike Tannenbaum were fined $25,000 apiece.

Seems lame but cheating is cheating. Looks like the true rat finally got caught.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: This is cheating

I don't mind seeing the Jets get screwed but honestly, this is just another stupid fine like the Patriots got for '' illegal taping ''. Has nothing to do with execution on the field. Having a ticky tack rule for everything is ruining the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: This is cheating:
    [QUOTE]I don't mind seeing the Jets get screwed but honestly, this is just another stupid fine like the Patriots got for '' illegal taping ''. Has nothing to do with execution on the field. Having a ticky tack rule for everything is ruining the game.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is nothing but at the time so was taping. All the teams were doing it and Mangini had to blow this whistle and make the league take action and the Pats got singled out.

My point is cheating is cheating and the Jets did it. Bottom line!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Anyone with half a brain (of course, our buddy Leon is not included!) knows that EVERY team pushes the line some way or another. Whether it's faking injury reports, taping, stealing playbooks, manipulating gametime conditions, or whatever. There are hundreds of little "sneaky" things they do to try and get that little extra edge. Were the league to try and enforce every "technicality", they'd be raking in fine money by the millions every week! And not a single one of these tactics will mean squat if the players don't execute on the field! I agree with PatsRfine. Too much is made out of these minor transgressions. To put such emphasis on the little "tricks" coaches try to play takes away from the real story. And that is what these guys do every Sunday to try and win. The coaches might be able to tell them who's hurt, what plays the opposition will try, whatever. But after all is said and done, 22 guys have to line up and slug it out! It's getting so I can't watch the sports news any more. It's like the old Don Henley song "Give us dirty laundry"!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: This is cheating:
    [QUOTE]Anyone with half a brain (of course, our buddy Leon is not included!) knows that EVERY team pushes the line some way or another. Whether it's faking injury reports, taping, stealing playbooks, manipulating gametime conditions, or whatever. There are hundreds of little "sneaky" things they do to try and get that little extra edge. Were the league to try and enforce every "technicality", they'd be raking in fine money by the millions every week! And not a single one of these tactics will mean squat if the players don't execute on the field! I agree with PatsRfine. Too much is made out of these minor transgressions. To put such emphasis on the little "tricks" coaches try to play takes away from the real story. And that is what these guys do every Sunday to try and win. The coaches might be able to tell them who's hurt, what plays the opposition will try, whatever. But after all is said and done, 22 guys have to line up and slug it out! It's getting so I can't watch the sports news any more. It's like the old Don Henley song "Give us dirty laundry"!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

All I'm trying to do is show is that every team is doing it it some form or another. It's just good Mangini got caught.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

How come the Jets aren't losing a first-round draft pick?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to This is cheating:
    [QUOTE]NEWS Jets fined $125,000 for manipulating injury report Posted: September 16th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Brett Favre, Eric Mangin, Injury report, Mike Tannenbaum, New York Jets The NFL has assessed $125,000 in fines to the New York Jets and former coach  Eric Mangini  for violating the league’s rules on injury reporting with former quarterback  Brett Favre  last season. The Jets failed to place Favre on the injury report during the final month of last season even though he had a torn biceps tendon. Teams are required to disclose an injury each week. The Jets were fined $75,000, and Mangini and Jets president  Mike Tannenbaum  were fined $25,000 apiece. Seems lame but cheating is cheating. Looks like the true rat finally got caught.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Hey, Rip, where have you been?

This news is over a month old.