This is just wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

This is just wrong

We all hate jets fans but come on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJqd_5fC7ZI

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: This is just wrong

Meanwhile, in other parts of San Diego, three murders, a rape, twelve robberies, and thirty-seven drug deals were going down...without a cop in sight!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

WOW! I'm guessing that sergeant has a daily donut quota. What did he (the fan) do? AHOLE COPS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I knew there was something fundamentally wrong about rooting for the Jets, but I didn't realize it was illegal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Wrong? I thought it was a riot!

How many fat azz SD cops does it take to subdue one 150 lb. drunken kid?

Tickets; $1000
    parking; $100
    beer:      $200
    watching a dumb azz jests fan get dragged out of the stadium (hopefulLy in the 1st quarter); PRICELESS!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Sure it is hilarious - until it happens to you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

You know unclean alfie you really are an ahole.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I have to disagree.  First he was resisting.  Second, we have ZERO clue what went on before that video started.  Anyone of a million things could have occured.  I am sure the cops have something better to do than arrest him for fun, so I guess he did something to start that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Mord so if he did do something how come all the SD fans around him were telling the cops he didn't do anything?

How about SD cops are also fans and were upset and that kid was annoying as he l l but that's not a reason to have 4 cops arrest you.  I hate the jets but this is ridiculous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

This is a classic case of a few home fans screwing the visiting fan because they did not like the ''disruption'' in their section.

Charger fans = pu$ss$y crybabies

anyone one of them related to LDT?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Don't feel sorry for him, he just hit the lottery at the expense of the people of San Diego.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

as pats7393 said, the chargers fans around him were telling the cops that he did not do anything wrong. they knew that taking him out was wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~What's wrong with you people?  I have a hard time believing that a NY Jet's Fan was anything other than a decent law-abiding gentleman portraying nothing but the highest echelons of mannerisms and overall decorum, and Police Officers...lol, please, these guys are SWORN to uphold the rights of ALL citizens and I for one find it hard to believe a cop would once, or ever step out of the boundaries of the uprighteous behavior he stands as a hallmark for and is the very cherished reason he lives centers his entire life upon (wish someone threw a live grenade at the whole lot a' them). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Cops out there in CA are a bunch of a-holes. I lived in L.A. for 13 years, I ought to know! Not saying all of them, but a much larger percentage than anywhere I've ever seen. And I've been to 48 states and been arrested in at least six! They likely only took him out because they saw the writing on the wall. They figured if the Jests won there could be a riot. Then it would be hours of paperwork rather than sitting at Winchell's drinking coffee and eating free donuts!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I've always wanted to live in SD because I'm a surfer and that would be a nice place to surf as much as I can plus I love that's a military city BUT I can only imagine me walking with a patriots shirt or sweatshirt down the street.

I would probably have S.W.A.T called on me and be found guilty on the way to the court house and get 15 to 20 years.

I'll pass, Costa Rica has better waves and I can just pay cops off down there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm of two opinions about this video.

It's a Jests fan in enemy territory, barking, so I think you give the guy credit for balls (if not brains), and some of the Bolts fans in the vicinity seem to be against the apparent overreaction by the cops -- so I want to give both the guy and those fans a little credit as human beings.

But ultimately, it's the San Dago cops proving that they're just as lame as their team and most of their fans.

It's just weak.

I've been a visiting Pats fan in many cities -- Atlanta, Tampa, N'awlins, Dallas, Johnsonville, Minneapolis -- and done exactly the same thing, and nothing remotely approaching this ever happened to me.

Now that I think about it, I'm not of two minds about this.

San Dago is just weak, and that's it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

P, your signature, in San Diego hel l yeah they would! lol

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Raiders fans with training wheels.

That is awesome.

Bring some more of that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I lived in San Diego off and on for 5 years before moving an hour North about a year ago.  I really like the city.  What happened at the stadium was the exception, not the norm.  You know how that works.  The bad things always get the attention.

I eventually plan to move back North, but if I didn't, San Diego is a fine city to live in.  Of course, it's also expensive for that reason.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'd like to believe what caraway says --

I listen to the Chargers' fans in the video saying "he didn't do anything" and I watch the cops very calmly ignore all that and cuff the guy and (presumably) drag him off to fates unknown -- and I think -- if THAT is the exception, I don't even want to know what the rule is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

San Diego has a ordinance against being a troll in public. They've taken the fight from the internet forums out onto the streets. The fans just wanted this dude censored but the cops would have none of it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Not saying the police version is the true story, but for the most part San Diego is a pretty good city.  Here is the other side of the story.  Highlights:

1. 49 people were arrested at the game.
    2. Most of the arrested were Chargers fans.
    3. The YouTube video edited out the middle portion where the cops were simply asking the guy to leave.
    4. There usually is a "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story".  Not saying there are no bad police officials, but this video goes contrary to my own experiences in San Diego.

Cops: Jets fan’s arrest video incomplete

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED JANUARY 19, 2010 AT 4:26 P.M., UPDATED JANUARY 20, 2010 AT 12:01 A.M.

— William Carroll’s arrest at Sunday’s Chargers game is a five-star YouTube hit.

The videotaped arrest of the enthusiastic — and allegedly inebriated — New York Jets fan at Qualcomm Stadium has football fans howling in cyber protest.

The video, which also was posted on news sites and blogs, was accompanied by headlines such as “Jets fan arrested for liking Jets too much” and “San Diego cops arrest Jets fan for cheering his team.”

The New York Post wrote: “Jets fan arrested in San Diego for no apparent reason.”

San Diego police beg to differ. Assistant Chief Bob Kanaski said Carroll was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and delaying or obstructing a police officer in his duties.

“It had nothing to do with cheering, it had to do with the behavior not seen on the film,” Kanaski said yesterday.

The 3½-minute video shows a man in a green Jets shirt, identified by police as Carroll, 43, a SouthernCalifornia resident, chanting “Jets, Jets, Jets” with upraised arms facing the crowd in the stands. About 12 seconds into the video, edited footage jumps to four police officers surrounding Carroll, trying to handcuff him as he struggles. This is punctuated by shouts of “Attica” and boos from the crowd. One man repeatedly yells: “He didn’t do anything.”

After a little more than two minutes, Carroll is finally handcuffed and carried out in a prone position. There is a smattering of applause while others continue to heckle the officers.

Kanaski, who heads the department’s special operation unit, said Carroll was booked into County Jail on the two misdemeanor charges.

He said officers went to talk to Carroll after being notified via text message from an off-duty police officer at the game who said the Jets fan was intoxicated and out of control.

A sergeant asked Carroll three times to accompany him out of the stands but he refused. Kanaski said at one point Carroll tried to head-butt one of the officers. When the fan balled his fists and took a stance, the sergeant began to handcuff him, Kanaski said. That is where the video picks up again.

“The guy was obviously drunk and causing difficulty in the section,” Kanaski said.

Of the 69,000 people at the game, 49 arrests were made, and 43 of those involved being drunk in public. Others were arrested on charges such as petty theft, grand theft and battery, Kanaski said. Thirty-three were ejected for rowdy behavior. Police also issued several citations.

Most of those arrested were Chargers fans, although Kanaski said he did see a few green jerseys at the prisoner processing area at the stadium.

The notion that officers were simply picking on one of them is “far from the truth,” Kanaski said.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Jets fans are born arrested.