This is our backup team yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

This is our backup team yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this supposed to be preseason but this looks like a high school team against a pro team. Hope nobody gets hurt this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Re: This is our backup team yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

In Response to This is our backup team yikes!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I know this supposed to be preseason but this looks like a high school team against a pro team. Hope nobody gets hurt this season.
    Posted by bosportfan[/QUOTE]  The Giants played their starters aganist the Pats second stringers and backups. Most of whom have never played together as a whole before last evening. It takes playing time to adjust and get the communication down. After the Giants began to substitute you could see the change in their mindset and confidence. Overall IMO they played well and those that are released will catch on with other teams and some will be starters this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

You were saying......

Anyway, once the A team was removed they looked ok.  Quite frankly this indicates what any preseason dating back back to whenever indicates......that the Pats depth is superior.  Thats why historically we can plug in the Hank Poteats of the world and keep the machine rolling. 

I think theyhave some interesting decisions particularly how they anticpate who will sneak thru and be able to land on the practice squad.  Often it isn't about the top 53 and the next 8,  It's evaluating the league and other teams needs as well.  For example, DL don't grow on trees and it may be harder to sneak one thru unoticed.  They may keep a guy based on that premise and let a WR go who may not be able to assimulate to another team at this late a juncture.  They may even gamble and cut QB Andrew Walter.  Probabaly no body picks him up (they may be to worried about keeping there own guys and depth in tact than worrying about a 3rd QB).   Doing this affords the Pats the ability to keep an extra body.  They can then sigh Walter back in a day or two.  Not saying this will happen, but examples like this will probably occcur.  Ventrone is another one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I was actually fine with it and you have to look at the 4th game differently then the rest of the pre season. Other then the rare times that the starters are in the game against the other teams starters I don't care how the team does as a unit I look at individual performances. I admit though that it is tough to do at times. Only area that does concern me is Secondary if we have injuries to the starters... I think we can absorb one but if it goes beyond that ouch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I actually think they played pretty well.  It's obvious they're all reserves when matched against the first string but consider this was a well polished unit against a bunch of guys just trying to survive in the league - most of whom will not.  Given that fact and that they essentially destroyed the Giants equivilient backups I've got to say I feel pretty good about the product on the field.  That may be with the exception of Linebacker.  There is just no depth there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from iaqueenie. Show iaqueenie's posts

Think they did pretty well actually. Not many points in second half were allowed. We already know that we'll have to be prolific on offense, especially at beginning of the season, while the new guys gel on defense. I felt pretty good actually. Hate to lose Ventrone and Nunn and I love that BJGE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to This is our backup team yikes!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I know this supposed to be preseason but this looks like a high school team against a pro team. Hope nobody gets hurt this season.
    Posted by bosportfan[/QUOTE]

Told ya....I knew they release Walter.  it allows them to protect another player while picking someone up after cut down day. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I love the title of this thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: This is our backup team yikes!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I love the title of this thread.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
    How did your team do against the mighty Bengals? At least our backup team won.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Dont forget our backups are part of a youth movement we have had.  They are very very young on average.  That gives them more room to grow, learn, improve etc.  I know they didnt look good with just a few exceptions, but they can and will improve under BB etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Bosport, you must not be much of a Pats fan. Can't really add to anything not already said by the real fans here.