This is the Best thing that could've Happened!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: This is the Best thing that could've Happened!

In Response to This is the Best thing that could've Happened!:
    [QUOTE]

If it had been for a 2nd rounder, I might listen to you 76, but for a 3rd rounder, I can't even bother to read your post.  This is a sucky day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

""so calm down and realize this team will be stacked next year with a young budding defense.""

IF there is even a next year?!!? lot of good that will do us...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Seriously, get the moss haters out of here

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Pats essentially got nothing for Moss. They gave him away for what they would have gotten had he been signed away as a free agent after the season. Management simply acceded to his whining, which sends a bad message to the rest of the team. The Vikings fleeced the Pats. There's absolutely nothing good about this deal.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

you guys realize that you only gave up a 4th rounder to get him right?  He is not under contract for next year so this is a pretty high price to pay for a rental.  And Patsfan, I do remember you saying that the pats would be better off without him.  We will find out how right or wrong you were.  I cant see this helping the team this year but you make some pretty interesting points.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I disagree that he would've become a cancer. I don't want fans of NE to do that to Moss, he deserves a LOT better. He came here in 07 and set records. The very next year Brady went down. Moss could have totally tanked, been a problem, a distraction, slacker...he was none of these. He played hard, did more blocking that season than I'd ever seen him do, and has mostly kept his mouth shut since being here. I don't care about OAK or MIN, only what he did here. He opened his mouth only a few times, but he's Randy Moss, and people were there in droves ready to write their articles and fill their call queues.

That being said, I totally agree about tunnel vision. I also agree that beyond tunnel vision because he's such a talented freak, I do beleive there was some component of Brady feeding him to keep him happy. Whether out of respect, selfish desires from both of them to reclaim 07, Brady being preemptive and keeping Moss pacified...who knows. But on the field, it was obvious...except last week.

In some respects, removing Moss creates more opportunites for Brady. Obviously the tunnel vision thing, yes, but I'm trying to not be too redundant. No defensive player covering Randy 'bleeping' Moss has a mental lapse. They don't take plays off, get distracted, or do anything but stay completely focused. The ones that do end up on highlight reels. Now the safeties can't look to one side as the deep threat. Moss, as much as I liked him, did not work the middle of the field besides deep middle. When Moss wasn't on the field, I'm willing to bet it was 75%+ run, in the red zone, 90%+. Now they can get back to simply running plays, and creating mismatches. They still need a body though, Welker/Tate/Edelman/Price/Slater, to me, aren't enough. If Price can step up, they only need a little depth, if not, they need an outside WR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I always said that I missed the days of Brown, Patten, Givens and Branch, and that since Moss arrived Brady has gone to that well too often at times. 

With that being said, I'm not sure I agree with trading Moss three games into the season when you're 3-1.  Especially since the compensation (a 3rd) isn't an overly compelling reason to pull the trigger on the trade. 

There is no doubt Moss helps Welker et al be at their best because as much as people deny it (Jets team and Jets trolls), defenses account for Moss first and foremost. 

There is young talent on this team.  It stands to be seen who will try to fill the shoes of Moss and be the deep threat.  Tate?  Hmmm.  Taylor Price?  Doubtful.  Then who?  Not sure.  But one thing I know, there will be a lot of guys getting thrown to. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: This is the Best thing that could've Happened!:
    [QUOTE]STFFFU. We got a 3rd rounder. Stop with the whole "this is a good thing" bullshitt.
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

You are right.....it is a GREAT thing!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

What fans don't realize is that there must have been more going on behind the scenes with Moss. You can't let one guy negatively effect the entire team. This is the third or fourth time I've seen Belichick make a big time move. He sent Terry Glenn backing and he cut Lawyer Malloy. In both those instances I heard fans crying like babies over those moves. When Malloy was cut we lost to Buffalo something like 33- 3. The world was ending! The Patriots were toast! Didn't we win the Super Bowl that year? I'm not saying we will this year but the Patriots are rebuilding and Moss was not part of the future. Frankly, he never fit the MO of a Patriot. The Pats want hard working guys that keep their mouth shut and go out and compete day in day out. I could never tell if Moss was into the game or not. The Champioship teams were made up of tough  high character guy guys.
    I laughed when Moss was made a team captain last year.

Tate can stretch the field going deep. Welker, Edelman Hernandez and Gronkowski perhap even Price while get more action. Keep running the football!
    Keep running the football! The Defense will improve. Change is coming to the New England!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]My only gripe is that if this was talked about as early as week 1, then we shouldve had a backup plan in place, like picking up HOush, but the fact he gambled and tried to keep him for the season, said all you need to know. That BIll tried all he could to keep him here and avoid this, but he went in to talk shyt after a win, just because he didnt catch a ball, and you guys think he wouldnt be a cancer??   This was the only move.  If you dont beleive that, than you dont believe in the Patriots Way.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]
    It's the Patriots' way or the highway.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats essentially got nothing for Moss. They gave him away for what they would have gotten had he been signed away as a free agent after the season. Management simply acceded to his whining, which sends a bad message to the rest of the team. The Vikings fleeced the Pats. There's absolutely nothing good about this deal.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  Because Moss has more than 10 seasons accrued, we would have gotten no better than a 5th rounder (per Reiss).  I thought the same thing you did though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Pats are done. We got much worse with this trade

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm going to jump on board this train.  While saying the "best" thing that could happen is a bit strong, my money is on seeing a return of the pre-2007 Brady.  The guy who always found the open guy and typically threw to 5-8 receivers each game.  Oh, and when you are accustomed to looking at every guy, one other thing returns...the clutch factor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats essentially got nothing for Moss. They gave him away for what they would have gotten had he been signed away as a free agent after the season. Management simply acceded to his whining, which sends a bad message to the rest of the team. The Vikings fleeced the Pats. There's absolutely nothing good about this deal.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

No, they would of only gotten a 5th round comp pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

this whole board annoys me. reiss says that the compensation would have been no more than a 5th. we got him for a 4th. and we got a 3rd for him. i dont think thats too bad. i for one am excited about the poosiblities.

looks like anyone with any opinion differing the majority should stay away from this "fan" board for a while. it could get messy. once we start winning games without him then it will be safe to return to this wonderful (and i mean that as sarcastically as possible) fan board.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.