This is the worst secondary.....period!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

This is the worst secondary.....period!

Coach can't trust the secondary to play any man coverage and that includes the linebackers. In 3 weeks: 416, 378, & 369. Combined, they have given up 387.6 yards through the air. You can imagine how its going to look when they play Jason Campbell and the Raiders in Oakland this Sunday with all that speed they have at their skill positions on offense. 420 - yard passing day for Jason Campbell. The only reason the the Defense is good against the run is because quarterbacks are having so much success airing it out on this pathetic and sorry secondary and this is just like last year. This is the reason why you here defense wins championships. Watching this defense play in the first 3 weeks, its going to be a long season and I predict this defense will finish last against the pass. Not trying to be all negative but the play of the defense is just disturbing. They better wake up or end up like Darius Butler. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Re: This is the worst secondary.....period!

what gets me is Bill is supposed to be a defensive genius.......why do people say that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In Response to Re: This is the worst secondary.....period!:
    [QUOTE]what gets me is Bill is supposed to be a defensive genius.......why do people say that?
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

The reason is he's good at taking away what a team does best or takes away a teams best player (like TE, Tony Gonzalez). Also, Coach is good at making adjustments. Right now, Coach has a lot of adjustments to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Most of the good teams secondaries look terrible. Look at Greenbay, the Saints, etc. However, BB has his work cut out for him. Bodden looked terrible and DMC has me at a loss for words. I think they can pull it together.

I wonder what happen to the defense that played in the 1st preseason game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I've seen worse. Watch the redzone or direct TV. There are worse defenses out there than us. If Brady and the offense didn't skkkrew up so many times we would have won by 2-3 touchdowns.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]what gets me is Bill is supposed to be a defensive genius.......why do people say that?

Why do you post here when you obviously know nothing about football? Brady blew the game plain and simple.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Brady is at fault for this loss and rightfully so, the defenses have all struggled, Brady throws half the picks he did on sunday and we win easily.

You don't win many games when your Qb throws 4 picks. To put the blame solely on the defense here is stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I'm getting ready to remove the defensive genius crown.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

The secondary cant survive out their forever.. they can only last so long if no ones getting to the QB.  Team game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

the CBs look slow and unathletic/clumsy out there. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Brady is at fault for this loss and rightfully so, the defenses have all struggled, Brady throws half the picks he did on sunday and we win easily. You don't win many games when your Qb throws 4 picks. To put the blame solely on the defense here is stupid.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Wait just a minute! the offense STILL put up 31 points

31 points should win you most ball games

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the worst secondary.....period! : Wait just a minute! the offense STILL put up 31 points 31 points should win you most ball games
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    The offense scored 31, but also gave up 7.  They were also set up nicely at the Bills 35 by Arrington's first pick for 7 of those 31.  Plus, our offense set the Bills up at our 39 for their first touchdown of the second half; so there's 14 of THEIR points you can lay at our offense's feet.

The D didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, but neither did the O.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

4 picks = 28 pts nuff said!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

You are crazy to blame an offense that put up 31 points for a loss. Despite the interceptions Buffalo had scoring touchdown drives that started at their own 4- and 5-yard lines. They had FG drives that started at their own 10- and 20- yard lines. 

At some point, the defense is going to have to win a game for this team if they are going back to the Super Bowl, and it has been years since the defense has been able to do that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the worst secondary.....period! : The reason is he's good at taking away what a team does best or takes away a teams best player (like TE, Tony Gonzalez). Also, Coach is good at making adjustments. Right now, Coach has a lot of adjustments to do.
    Posted by millergrnv[/QUOTE]

He certainly did not take away anything from Buffalo last week. Who cares if you can eliminate one player if you lose the game?!?!

I remember Belichick being the best in the league at adjustments, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. He has been outcoached in his last three playoff games. 

Chad Henne got almost as many yards off this defense (416) as he had the following two games (425) on fewer pass attempts. San Deigo choked the game away for a second year in a row. Then this week, the Bills took over that game in the second half.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Yards don't matter. They got them all in garbage time. They didn't really score because they got the ball due to turnovers. It's not bad D. The corners were in position. Is that all of them?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lenny. Show Lenny's posts

We have almost no defense.  We still can not get teams off the field on 3rd downs.
    Wait didn't we have the same problem last year.  Many teams are now passing on third down underneath the coverage and making it!.  Yes we have NO Secondary!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

we actually dont have very bad db's and one good safety. but the defensive backs dont have an nfl quality db coach to coach them up. they have a db coach in training. mccourty needs some legitimate coaching. dowling just a little.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

no actually the worst secondary was with a guy named Maurice Hurst !!!!!or as we called him on game day during our weekly pilrimage to the game....toast hurst!!!!........oh please spare me the crying..........this team is right where we want to be.......room for improvement all around and lots of football to play............thank god u people dont make important decisions with regards to the team........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the worst secondary.....period! : The offense scored 31, but also gave up 7.  They were also set up nicely at the Bills 35 by Arrington's first pick for 7 of those 31.  Plus, our offense set the Bills up at our 39 for their first touchdown of the second half; so there's 14 of THEIR points you can lay at our offense's feet. The D didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, but neither did the O.
    Posted by MattC05[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute. 40 yards is a short field ... but not that short. If a defense needs more than 40 yards to stop an opponent ... they aren't good. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the worst secondary.....period! : Half of this board doesn't watch anything outside of the Boston area. That's been proven time and again here, especially with a thread like this. I thought Bruschi's analysis was very fair. NE's secondary secured 3 INTs in Sunday's game, one to possibly seal the game, which would have been a D that allowed 20 points to the NFL's #1 offense. The overreaction and immaturity here is pathetic, though. I feel like I am talking football with a bunch of 14 year olds.  Not you, of course, Re-run.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

yeah the only outside football they see is the highlights on sportscenter..

25. This post has been removed.