In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rex isn't a bad HC. He sure has a big mouth, but then, so do the fans. The jets big problem is at a GM level. How much of that is Rex's fault is debatable, but whoever is making decisions, do suck.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that Babe. I think Rex is a brilliant/innovative defensive coach. I am not sure his personality and or his demeanor translates well as a HC. It just seems at times he can't help himself with the press. Seems to be a flaw for him.

[/QUOTE]

Getting to two AFCCGs with Mark Sanchez as QB screams: good HC.

[/QUOTE]

One way to look at it... to me it screams GREAT D with a GREAT D coach.

Just an opinion but it sems he is not able to handle a lockerroom especially when there is adversity.

I know this is cliche but teams generally take on the persona of their HC and Jet teams under Ryan have tended to be undisciplined and unfocused at times for extended stretches.

Can he rally and motivate a team for one game? Absolutely. I just don't think he has the traits to bring consistency to a team.

[/QUOTE]

How do you think he would have done with Brady instead of Sanchez?

[/QUOTE]

most mediocre to good teams would win with Brady. Heck Barry Switzer won a SB with Jimmy Johnson's team. 

Based on the state of the Jets and the make up of their current roster IMHO he is not the answer. As a Pats fan I am very happy Rex and geno will be in NY again next year.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not happy Rex the HC is back, because he is a competent coach, and his mouth does motivate them. But I am happy if he is the one making personnel decisions, because that is what keeps this team down, not his coaching.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: this is what you get with an 8 and8 record in new york

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rex isn't a bad HC. He sure has a big mouth, but then, so do the fans. The jets big problem is at a GM level. How much of that is Rex's fault is debatable, but whoever is making decisions, do suck.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that Babe. I think Rex is a brilliant/innovative defensive coach. I am not sure his personality and or his demeanor translates well as a HC. It just seems at times he can't help himself with the press. Seems to be a flaw for him.

[/QUOTE]

Getting to two AFCCGs with Mark Sanchez as QB screams: good HC.

[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't. Indy laid down in 2009.  That was an 8-8 team that did not deserve to be in the playoffs to begin with.

2010 was their best year, but they went to OT vs Detroit and Cleveland. lol

THere is no debate here: Immature, terrible leader who is in it for himself and his ego. t's why he started aligning with the press more so than usual in December when it appeared they were cooked.   He knows using them will help save his job.

The fact is, Rexie had no pressure in 2009 with a rookie QB so they played with house money and they surprised the Chargers.  Nate Kaeding missed FGs. Big deal.

In 2010, same thing, except he used the Pats game as a SB to the point you could predict a let down in the title game vs Pat as they got behind 24-0 by halftime.

It's a mirage.  

A coach needs to be a leader. Rex is anything but as proven over 5 years there.

I am still laughing at them keeping him and barely dribbling out a 1 year extension in 2015 because they themselves don't even believe in him. It's just that the fans stupidly do, so Woody does what the fans want, which is why they'll never win anything.

I am loving it.

[/QUOTE]

Doing that when you have to play BB&Brady 2x a year is coaching pretty well with Sanchez for your QB.

Give a little credit where it's due dumbkoff. Maybe then somebody might think you have a modicum of honesty about you.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Patriots fans would be ashamed if their team finished 8-8. Jets fans celebrate it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, right, and general manager John Idzik react as they speak to the media during an NFL football news conference Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013, in Florham Park, N.J. (AP Photo/Bill Kostroun)

[/QUOTE]

Wonder if these two knuckleheads are chuckling about having the 18th overall pick in the draft this year, as a result of Rex getting his team to grossly overachieve, at 8-8??

LOL!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And notice a thread that has Jets mediocrity doesnt have leon or mike anywhere near it???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rex did his finest coaching job this year. 

If they ever back in to getting a consistent QB watch out.

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this.  Amid the giddiness expressed above in this thread should be a reality check that jets are in fact a dangerous team going forward.

Twice I picked against them in scoring contest hoping they would get blown out and got burned.  Wishful thinking.  Their defense was good and Geno can actually throw the football with authority (and a tight spiral) as long as he doesn't fumble... which were rookie type mistakes that are correctable . 

Pats lost on a fluky call but that was no mismatch fellas.. . . It was a close game.

We should laugh for sure but reality is that this team isn't going away and rex is laughing partly because he knows he gas a pretty good team going into next year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And notice a thread that has Jets mediocrity doesnt have leon or mike anywhere near it???

[/QUOTE]

Would you try and "defend" your team's 8 - 8 record?  Besides, both of them would just begin bashing the Pats anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Would you try and "defend" your team's 8 - 8 record?  Besides, both of them would just begin bashing the Pats anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Im on to something - if we have BDC label this as a jets forum, we will never see either of them again.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rex did his finest coaching job this year. 

If they ever back in to getting a consistent QB watch out.

Have to agree with this.  Amid the giddiness expressed above in this thread should be a reality check that jets are in fact a dangerous team going forward.

Twice I picked against them in scoring contest hoping they would get blown out and got burned.  Wishful thinking.  Their defense was good and Geno can actually throw the football with authority (and a tight spiral) as long as he doesn't fumble... which were rookie type mistakes that are correctable . 

Pats lost on a fluky call but that was no mismatch fellas.. . . It was a close game.

We should laugh for sure but reality is that this team isn't going away and rex is laughing partly because he knows he gas a pretty good team going into next year.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, they almost gave up 400 points this year. Their run D was solid every week for once, but their pass D was atrocious. No real pass rush and their pass coverage was on of the worst in the NFL. They're also perenially one of the worst at forcing turnovers.

Way too many busts in recent drafts (Wilson, now Milliner) or poor return on where a player was picked (Coples).

Any team that has blown recent drafts off the lockout is in real trouble because their base isn't built.  That's their main problem.  

That means they will be picking up crappy FAs and crossing their fingers. Even if they just give Rex a measly 1 year extension through 2015, what does that tell the players or FAs?  It tells them he's on a very short leash and for good reason. 5 seasons of mostly .500 or sub .500 work, with personnel moves mostly the responsibilty of Rex Ryan.

The fact you can't see they play their annual SB vs us every year and get all revved up for that one game and then collapse after it, is somewhat surprising to me.  They get up for home games with Rexie working his team into a lather and then they can't keep consistency.

They'll never win anything due to the leader of that team. Immaturity and irrational decision making is not a recipe for success as an NFL coach.

Without a QB or stability with a base of continuity from year to year, you're a sub .500 team or worse every year, which is essentially what they've been minus 2010's season when they went for it all in that one season.

Coach/QB league. NY has neither.

I find it to be a headscratcher what people are looking at. They're a complete disaster. I would not be shocked if Buffalo leapfrogged them next year in the division. Miami is also still above them because they have the better QB and a better defense.

[/QUOTE]

Just saying that Geno is not as bad as some people think nor is millner who had a real good game against the dolphins taking out wallace and co.  They handled Miami when I expected them to fold for the year against Dolphins playing for the playoffs.  Didn't happen.  I picked Miami and was wrong. 

Jets coming back from the dead apparently.  Just have to count on rex likely screwing up the draft and offseason I suppose....lol...  and using his DT richardson at running back...did you see that...?   comical.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obsessed? We're just wondering where all the trash disappeared to now that the season is over... well for you anyhow.  

Let's reminisce to early in the season when hope was alive, wasn't that fun... now go back to your cubicle and come back next year, before your hopes ultimately get dashed against the rocks after yet another pathetic season.  

We're laughing at you along with the rest of the football nation...  sux to be you!  lol!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Wozzy- happy New Year to you too!

What are your thoughts on the pats injuries going into the playoffs?

Will you man up, so to say, and agree that it's not just the pats that have injuries this time of year....OR

Will you jump on the "injury excuse" express like the rest of them?

All this Jets talk in a pats forum??

[/QUOTE]

Leon... read the following very slowly... the title of the thread is "this is what you get with an 8 and 8 record in new york" do you have something to contribute to this topic?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Gotta be one of the worst run teams in history. Joe Namath is shaking his head.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Bill Polian said this evening on ESPN New York that Rex deserves to be coach of the year! He offered no rationale for his thinking and the NY announcers just let it go. I think they were as astounded as I was!

IMO, Rex does deserve some credit for surviving this long in NY in view of his lack of accomplishments. We'll see where he goes from here. I am not sure he will get an extension from Woody?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill Polian said this evening on ESPN New York that Rex deserves to be coach of the year! He offered no rationale for his thinking and the NY announcers just let it go. I think they were as astounded as I was!

IMO, Rex does deserve some credit for surviving this long in NY in view of his lack of accomplishments. We'll see where he goes from here. I am not sure he will get an extension from Woody?

[/QUOTE]

Wow...  Rex rallied his troops back from the dead.  that is real coaching talent...lol.   ?  They won a meaningless game at the end of the year with no pressure on them.

Polian must be getting a kickback for that joke/comment from haterville.   Hey Polian ...  remember there is a guy named B-e-l-i-c-h-i-c-k...?    Um ...  he's real good... uh they actually won 4 more games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you speaking of the last or current regime?