This isn't balance.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: This isn't balance.

Hey Rusty's second cousin's aunt's grandmother twice removed is going to the game.  How could he not be a true fan!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't live in New England, nor near it.  You sound ridiculous mocking a diehard fan who was going to games a lot earlier than you were.

Hey, Prolate, were you at the 1996 AFC Title game?

Let's just see how long you've had those season tickets. It's not lost on us that you've never stated when you're first game was. lol

Bandwagon. Yuppie wine and cheese = Prolate and Boyfriend

[/QUOTE]

I live in Toronto . . . you live in North Carolina . . . minimal difference in flight times.  And you can avoid the rental car cost by taking the Patriot train . . . or maybe your uncle will come pick you up? Or maybe not . . .

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

"Minimal difference?"

I am in medical device sales for work just for a football game. It's called maturity and responsibility. Check it out.  Not everyone lives off daddy and mommy like yourself.

And yeah, it's not worth the cost overall. I don't want to even bother asking one of them to stay home so I can $199 for an NFL game. It's ridiculous pricing for a football game. They pay it. I won't.  When I go, I get together with some friends I haven't seen in a while who are still local and we usually get standing rooms, which are fine by me. 

I am not taking a train to an NFL game, either. Half the fun is the experience from start to finish. I am not a fan who just likes to say he was there to try to fit in, like yourself. 

So, when was your first game and were you at the 1996 AFC title game?   You do realize the siginificance of the '96 AFC title game, right?

[/QUOTE]

I've been a fan since the early 1970s. When I think of a significant game, it's the 1976 regular season shellacking of the Raiders.  That was the game that proved to me that the perennial losers  I had been rooting for could actually win something.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

So, your first game was 1976 then?  No wonder you're so bitter. You're old.

[/QUOTE]

So what if he's old. I'm old also by most standards but remembering those teams was something special. The 76 team was 11-3. It's unfortunate that a terrible ref call prevented them from advancing to the next playoff game. Fans complain about some of the calls today but it really hasn't changed. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jln47i31ps

Grogan was the QB. He could run and throw the bomb but he would throw the same speed with his short passes as he did the long ones. I used to see a lot of dropped passes because the throws were too hard and fast. But that mid to late 70's team was a good one.

Of all the Patriots teams I'd have to say the 04 & 05 teams are still my favorites, really good defense, well balanced offense that ran the ball well, ran screens but also had an excellent passing game. Although I do think this years team has the potential to be great. If this years defense continues to improve like most BB's defenses then they could very well be just good enough. Which would make the offense and defense balanced. Still have question marks about the special teams. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Who's bitter?  I'm as happy as a clam, really.  Having a nice morning with my wife at home, planning to head to the airport a little later to fly to Boston, looking forward to the game on Sunday, then flying back Monday morning for Canadian Thanksgiving. What's to complain about?  Life's good. . . .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, your first game was 1976 then?  No wonder you're so bitter. You're old.

[/QUOTE]

So what if he's old. I'm old also by most standards but remembering those teams was something special. The 76 team was 11-3. It's unfortunate that a terrible ref call prevented them from advancing to the next playoff game. Fans complain about some of the calls today but it really hasn't changed. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jln47i31ps

Grogan was the QB. He could run and throw the bomb but he would throw the same speed with his short passes as he did the long ones. I used to see a lot of dropped passes because the throws were too hard and fast. But that mid to late 70's team was a good one.

Of all the Patriots teams I'd have to say the 04 & 05 teams are still my favorites, really good defense, well balanced offense that ran the ball well, ran screens but also had an excellent passing game. Although I do think this years team has the potential to be great. If this years defense continues to improve like most BB's defenses then they could very well be just good enough. Which would make the offense and defense balanced. Still have question marks about the special teams. 

[/QUOTE]

Rusty has a very convenient formula.

If you've been a fan less time than him then you're on the bandwagon. If you've been a fan longer than him, then you're old. And what's the most hilarious is that the formula will be exactly the same ten years from now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"So what if he's old. I'm old also by most standards but remembering those teams was something special."

Noooo, Rusty gave ya the formula all wrong-  This is what he meant (seriously...this IS what he means):  IF you've been a Pats Fan since circa the 2001-03'ish on up fiscal Football Season...you're not really a Pats Fan.  Likewise (and as it relates directly here):  IF you're a miserable, embittered 60 year old, and only have only been a Pats Fan since circa the 2001-03'ish on up fiscal Football Season, yet laughably claim otherwise...you're not really a Pats Fan...and you're a phony, and then- you're old on top of that as well.

^  Lol, there, that should clear things up a bit.  I believe Russ applies a few 100 more additionals, like ugliness and ignorance along in to the equation, OF which- I don't readily apply to personally at the onset...I mean, The other stuff=Yes, ha-ha- no doubt & hands down, nor do I in any way rule out those additionals... But presumptively, and from the start?  =No sir.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Some of us are old enough--and have been following the team long enough--to remember the many decades when a Super Bowl appearance (or even just a playoff appearance) was something rare and special.  Maybe that's why we don't whine as much as the spoiled and self-entitled young 'uns who seem to think that the Pats should win the Super Bowl every year and, when they don't, want to criticize the coaches for not running enough, not reverting to a 3-4 defense, not blitzing enough, not reining Brady in, not benching Woodhead, not playing Ocho, not featuring BJGE, etc., etc.  

On all of them, we wish a pox of Rod Rust.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of us are old enough--and have been following the team long enough--to remember the many decades when a Super Bowl appearance (or even just a playoff appearance) was something rare and special.  Maybe that's why don't whine as much as the spoiled and self-entitled young 'uns who seem to think that the Pats should win the Super Bowl every year and, when they don't, want to criticize the coaches for not running enough, not reverting to a 3-4 defense, not blitzing enough, not reining Brady in, not benching Woodhead, not playing Ocho, not featuring BJGE, etc., etc.  

[/QUOTE]

It's not that they expect a SB every year that is so comical. It's that they think they know the game better than BB. Hell, they don't even know the game as well as other fans.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Some of us are old enough--and have been following the team long enough--to remember the many decades when a Super Bowl appearance (or even just a playoff appearance) was something rare and special.  Maybe that's why don't whine as much as the spoiled and self-entitled young 'uns who seem to think that the Pats should win the Super Bowl every year and, when they don't, want to criticize the coaches for not running enough, not reverting to a 3-4 defense, not blitzing enough, not reining Brady in, not benching Woodhead, not playing Ocho, not featuring BJGE, etc., etc.  

[/QUOTE]

It's not that they expect a SB every year that is so comical. It's that they think they know the game better than BB. Hell, they don't even know the game as well as other fans.

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more and this is why I like quoting and posting what BB has to say about the game. He's been around football more than all of us put together. So us old guys and the young fans alike can learn a lot from someone like BB. If he says it's good for the team to be more balanced on offense then who are we to argue?

I do think he's always one step ahead of the league at times but he doesn't always have the right pieces to pull it off. As an example the two and three TE sets is something he's been trying to put together for years either through the draft or free agents. But he never found the right combination until resently. Now other teams have seen what the Patriots have done creating major match up problems for defenses and are trying to do the same.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to him and Ernie Adams talk about football strategy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Now I realize why the 70s were my favorite football era.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

I was just giving our resident board casual Pats fan Mr. WIne and Cheese "I fly in for games, look at me!" yuppie boy a hard time. You're not one of those. I can tell.

He's the fan that Brady scolded for leacing the Bengals home opener in 2010 early for.  Yep. That's Prolate. You know the the ones. Sunglasses around their neck, think their in on a trendy thing, etc.

It's the same dorks who show up late on a music scene and think they are cool. 

Bandwagon, casual fan who wants people to know he was there. lol

Then, he comes on here and whines like a little girl trying to deflect from an underperforming postseason Brady. Oh, the irony.

[/QUOTE]

Sunglasses?  Do they make those in bifocals?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more and this is why I like quoting and posting what BB has to say about the game. He's been around football more than all of us put together. So us old guys and the young fans alike can learn a lot from someone like BB. If he says it's good for the team to be more balanced on offense then who are we to argue?

I do think he's always one step ahead of the league at times but he doesn't always have the right pieces to pull it off. As an example the two and three TE sets is something he's been trying to put together for years either through the draft or free agents. But he never found the right combination until resently. Now other teams have seen what the Patriots have done creating major match up problems for defenses and are trying to do the same.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to him and Ernie Adams talk about football strategy.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, without question BB likes balance when he can pull that off. He has been clear on that. Of course he has never said he wasn't balanced, but I'm sure he would like to have the run option be viable more consistently than it has in the past.

Obviously when you draft a guy like Maroney in the 1st only to boot him before the end of his rookie contract, limp along with Benny and then not even offer him a contract, plus spend not one but two pretty high picks on RBs - then you can't be too happy with the effectiveness of your ground game when you need it.

Hopefully BB likes what he has now more and with hopefully greater effectiveness he can us the run more in those tough situations where previously he couldn't buy a few yards with the run when it was sorely needed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Me too. We're witnessing history and these spankies complain and whine about how we don't have a SB, which is ironically due to the finesse offense run by Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Hmmm. I thought we lost two SBs because we had a lead at the end but the defense collapsed and let Eli walk all over them. You remember that, don't you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

"Minimal difference?"

I am in medical device sales for work just for a football game. It's called maturity and responsibility. Check it out.  Not everyone lives off daddy and mommy like yourself.

And yeah, it's not worth the cost overall. I don't want to even bother asking one of them to stay home so I can $199 for an NFL game. It's ridiculous pricing for a football game. They pay it. I won't.  When I go, I get together with some friends I haven't seen in a while who are still local and we usually get standing rooms, which are fine by me. 

I am not taking a train to an NFL game, either. Half the fun is the experience from start to finish. I am not a fan who just likes to say he was there to try to fit in, like yourself. 

So, when was your first game and were you at the 1996 AFC title game?   You do realize the siginificance of the '96 AFC title game, right?

[/QUOTE]

There are two things innacurate with this post...1. Standing room is not "fine"  2. You have no friends (who are you trying to fool?)  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ...why are you always blasting Brady and sticking up for our d? Don't you realize thawifi we didn't have Brady, we wouldn't even be sniffing playoffs or sb's over the last 6 years here. Meanwhile the great d you keep propping up , which has been a work in progress since 2006, hasstriven up the big plays and not Ben able to close for us. I hope this year is different. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have called BB "average" for years here until recently and have bashed his rebuilt D even when it bailed out your boyfriend many times in 2011 and in the AFC Title game.

Doesn't make sense.  You can't have it both ways.  If Brady doesn't do 1 of 3 things in the SB, BB is wearing another ring, and looking to build another dynasty.

Talk to Brady.

[/QUOTE]

I've never said BB is an average coach.

Here's a newsflash. The whole world bashed the 31st ranked rebuilt D.

25. This post has been removed.