This isn't going to help end all the Branch talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

This isn't going to help end all the Branch talk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/17/deion-branch-would-love-to-be-back-in-new-england/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: This isn't going to help end all the Branch talk

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/02/17/report-branch-sounds-open-to-a-return-to-pats/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Would rather have T.O. and his big mouth, at least he can stay healthy a full season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"'You know what, I talk to guys all the time. I never wanted to leave, nor did Coach Belichick and his staff and the organization want me to leave, either,' Branch told Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald." 

mmm-hm.....yea.  But, I thought- kinda, sorta non-show, and see...well, I mean umm, at training camp-err... (*cough-overpriced, oft-injured, non-contending team)...I Mean, "It's GREAT ta have ya back Deion!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I $Never Wan$ed t$ Leav$

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

That is hilarious!    I didn't wanna leave but i did because we couldn't strike a deal, and i'd love to come back.....if we can strike a deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Deion hangs out with drug dealers and I know this for a fact,  don't want this loser on the Patriots

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

He got his payday and didn't live up to it....I can see him signing a 1 yr low cost deal with the Pats with incentives for staying healthy.  He would be an awesome compliment to the WR corps that we currently have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If he didn't want to leave, why didn't he take a hometown discount???

W/e... if he is willing to come back, at the right price, I would more than love to have (Original) 83 back. I wonder who gets to keep that 83?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Brady is very fond of him I am sure but the system is very differant now than it was then... when Branch is healthy he is still a solid #2/#3 WR but he hasnt been able to stay on the field

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This guy does not strike me as someone who is going to come in at a discount with an incentive-laden contract. If he does, that's all fine and good and he couldn't possibly be any worse than Joey Galloway, but nothing I've seen from him suggests he has the ability or the desire to give the Pats what they need.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If we could sign him for the minimum than why not..?  He would be a solid slot guy if healthy and would provide cushion until Welker comes back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I haven't seen this guy play in years. Anyone see him at all lately. I've heard he's lost his quickness and if that's the case I wouldn't do it. When he came out of the draft he was projected to be a fourth or fith round pick, but he had the fastest shuttle time of anyone in the draft that year. He fit our system perfectly at the time, but if he lost that it's not like he had the size or long speed to make a difference. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: This isn't going to help end all the Branch talk:
    If we could sign him for the minimum than why not..?  He would be a solid slot guy if healthy and would provide cushion until Welker comes back.
    Posted by wozzy

I agree that I'd like to see him back, the question is how much will it take?

I doubt if he'd sign for the NFL eight year veteran's minumum ($760K) though. That's a pretty big pay cut from $5.6 mil.

BUT, if we can bring him back at a reasonable number ($2-$3mil?), maybe with "incentives/bonuses" based on # of catches, I'd love to see him back here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Branch showed the NFL what he is outside of NE.  What team would give him any kind of a "deal".  He's trapped and has little to none in negotiating room.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I assume he still has good hands and that what we have been missing from the 3rd wide out.

1 year contract  for around a million and a bunch of incentives.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: This isn't going to help end all the Branch talk:
    In Response to Re: This isn't going to help end all the Branch talk : TO and Moss? Who would be the original 81? And who would get the jersey? TO would agree to play in a number other than 81? PLEASE forget TO.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

I said 83. Welker wears 83, Branch wore, and still wears, 83.