This one is on the linebackers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This one is on the linebackers

Lbs will have to find a way to slow Foster without being over aggressive and falling trap to the PA bootleg that Houston loves to use.

This isn't an overly complicated offense. Only 7 receiving tds from WRs. Talib and McCourty will have their hands full with Johnson.

I think we can all agree that the coverage from our lb group isn't a strength. It certainly has improved lately though.

Foster is averaging a very pedestrian 3.9 yards per carry. But there's no denying he's a great rb and they have a good oline. But I do believe he opens up the intermediate routes to an extent. Hopefully the lb's can find the balance between containing the very dangerous foster while staying honest to the pass.

Offensively, everything will stem from the oline. Houston's secondary is banged up and can be exploited. Their 3-4 defense is very good though. I think Mercilus will pose more problems than Brooks Reed would have against our offense. Up the middle is a bit banged up though.

If the offensive line play is strong, I expect to see a similar gameplan as the one we saw against Denver. If you can tire/slow the pass rush, it isn't difficult to pass on this secondary.

Take this with a grain of salt-BB and Brady are 2-1 against Wade Phillips led defenses...but have struggled in 2 of 3 games (2005 vs SD, 2006 vs SD, 2007 vs Dal)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Re: This one is on the linebackers

I believe Spikes is akey player in slowing Foster, as long as he doesn't over pursue and get burned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NESportnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe Spikes is akey player in slowing Foster, as long as he doesn't over pursue and get burned.

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually thinking Hou wouldn't be stupid enough to try to run it up the middle against Spikes and Wilfork (caugh Mia caugh). I'm thinking Mayo is going to be key in containing Foster on the edge

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

These are the kind of games BB and the Pats eat up.  When so many are doubting the team, they rise up and smite the "dragon" handily.  Ya never know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Foster may run that stretch play better than any back in the league and BB's defense has historically had problems with the Shanahan offense which I think is what Kubiak is running or some variation of it. We are the  best Team and have been some time at containment and not biting on bootlegs and we will almost always have a guy that stays with the QB. Actually last week vs Miami when Nink got sucked in, was the 1st time in a while I remember it happening but it wasnt really a bootleg just a well drawn out play fake but everyone must play their gap assignments and a guy like Hightower has to See It and Hit it intsead of thinking so much as Ive seen this year. Hightower has all the tools but he isnt trusting what he is seeing yet. The game hasnt "slowed down" for him yet so to speak so I wonder how much he will play and if they decide to play more nickel and have Chung up their for support(what I would do)

That line will do a job on most rookies and i dont know if he is ready but everyone should be fine....just tell the DBs to stay back, dont peek in backfield and let front 7 handle the run!