This Patriot team is going to the Super Bowl and will win it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This Patriot team is going to the Super Bowl and will win it.

I have no doubt in my mind. This team is the best it has been on offense since 2004. Yes that is my honest opinion. At least if Hernandez comes back healthy and can contribute. This defense is not playing consistent enough but has all the intangibles. They hit HARD, they scare the hell out of RB's(despite Sundays trouble with 2 damn good ones) and they get timely turnovers.

This new found commitment to utilizing the run game is paying dividends for Tommy and keeping turnovers down. It will be the difference in keeping post season defense's guessing. I believe this roster has as much talent then even the 07 team as our defense played well that year but were very old.

We have already weathered several O-line issues and remain one of the best units in the league. Offense is the key to winning a SB in this "wide open passing league" (as our old friend Bill Parcells just put it) and we are no longer 1 dimensional. They will score more then there previous 15.5 ppg average and utilize clock and field position where they haven't before.

We will win the Super bowl this year. I truly believe that, and then let's just hope that Bill Belichick doesn't read this forum and decide to quit because of the ever complaining, sky is falling fan base that thinks he can't acquire talent. Oh and that he can't re-produce the dynasty era defense even though all of his coaches have been robbed and the league changed it's rules to the tune that 19 friggin QB's are on pace for 4,000 yards???

Anyway I think this team is going to do it this year, it is just my opinion. I think this is one of the better teams BB has ever assembled, and I think by playoff time it will be near unstoppable.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: This Patriot team is going to the Super Bowl and will win it.

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no doubt in my mind. This team is the best it has been on offense since 2004. Yes that is my honest opinion. At least if Hernandez comes back healthy and can contribute. This defense is not playing consistent enough but has all the intangibles. They hit HARD, they scare the hell out of RB's(despite Sundays trouble with 2 damn good ones) and they get timely turnovers.

This new found commitment to utilizing the run game is paying dividends for Tommy and keeping turnovers down. It will be the difference in keeping post season defense's guessing. I believe this roster has as much talent then even the 07 team as our defense played well that year but were very old.

We have already weathered several O-line issues and remain one of the best units in the league. Offense is the key to winning a SB in this "wide open passing league" (as our old friend Bill Parcells just put it) and we are no longer 1 dimensional. They will score more then there previous 15.5 ppg average and utilize clock and field position where they haven't before.

We will win the Super bowl this year. I truly believe that, and then let's just hope that Bill Belichick doesn't read this forum and decide to quit because of the ever complaining, sky is falling fan base that thinks he can't acquire talent. Oh and that he can't re-produce the dynasty era defense even though all of his coaches have been robbed and the league changed it's rules to the tune that 19 friggggin QB's are on pace for 4,000 yards???

Anyway I think this team is going to do it this year, it is just my opinion. I think this is one of the better teams BB has ever assembled, and I think by playoff time it will be near unstoppable.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, despite the current woes of the defense. (The one caveat; no injuries to major players.)

How quickly some forget that at 9 weeks in last year, our D last year was every bit as bad as this year's version, possibly even worse. But they tightened things up in time for the playoffs, and played more than well enough to win the Super Bowl.

They have more talent this year, and they will get it together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We will win the Super bowl this year. I truly believe that, and then let's just hope that Bill Belichick doesn't read this forum and decide to quit because of the ever complaining, sky is falling fan base that thinks he can't acquire talent. Oh and that he can't re-produce the dynasty era defense even though all of his coaches have been robbed and the league changed it's rules to the tune that 19 QB's are on pace for 4,000 yards???

[/QUOTE]

didnt you say this last year?

[/QUOTE]

yes, aolong with 19-0, etc

yes winning th esuper bowl is the goal. and yes we want that. 

guaranteeing it is no different than mr rex ryan.

bb might quit after reading this board?

do you have kids.  i am concerned abotu your judgement. 

why you or anyone woudl be disturbed by fans pointing out concerns that if addressed will make us better as a team, then go on to attack them because you feel they are hurting your team by doing so; let me just say, you might look at that, maybe with a little help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We will win the Super bowl this year. I truly believe that, and then let's just hope that Bill Belichick doesn't read this forum and decide to quit because of the ever complaining, sky is falling fan base that thinks he can't acquire talent. Oh and that he can't re-produce the dynasty era defense even though all of his coaches have been robbed and the league changed it's rules to the tune that 19 friggggin QB's are on pace for 4,000 yards???

[/QUOTE]

I agree, despite the current woes of the defense. (The one caveat; no injuries to major players.)

How quickly some forget that at 9 weeks in last year, our D last year was every bit as bad as this year's version, possibly even worse. But they tightened things up in time for the playoffs, and played more than well enough to win the Super Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

they do have more talent. the result has not shown yet. hopefully something gets better by playoffs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obviously  last year's D didn't play well enough to win the SB if they lost it on the last minutes Giants' drive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

This new found commitment to utilizing the run game is paying dividends for Tommy and keeping turnovers down. It will be the difference in keeping post season defense's guessing.

[/QUOTE]

We are actually passing about 2 more times a game than we did last season, so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

We will win the Super bowl this year. I truly believe that, and then let's just hope that Bill Belichick doesn't read this forum and decide to quit because of the ever complaining, sky is falling fan base that thinks he can't acquire talent. Oh and that he can't re-produce the dynasty era defense even though all of his coaches have been robbed and the league changed it's rules to the tune that 19 fr*ggin QB's are on pace for 4,000 yards???

[/QUOTE]

I agree that this team has the talent to win the Super Bowl. I am just not sure that they have the coaching to do it. In the 10 years, 1 number one offense has won the Super Bowl - the 2009 Saints. Over that time, the only other team to have a top three offense in the NFL and win the Super Bowl was in 2006 Colts.

In that same span, 3 number defenses have won it (2002 Bucs, 2003 Patriots, 2008 Steelers). Additionally, 3 other top three defenses have won the Super Bowl (2004 Patriots - 2nd, 2005 Steelers - 3rd, and 2010 Packers - 2nd).

Overall, seven of the last ten Super Bowl victors have been better on defense than on offense, and that does even include last years Giants who along with the Saints and Colts are the only teams with better offenses to win the Super Bowl in the last ten years.

Great offense and mediocre defense can get you close and can get you lots of regular season victories (just ask the Colts who from 2003-2009 had the most regular season wins in the NFL and a 1-1 record in the Super Bowl to show for it).

Last year, it took a good draw (Broncos upset the Steelers) and a bit of luck (dropped pass in the end zone and a missed FG) to make the Super Bowl. Then they were outcoached on both sides of the ball by a guy who had used the exact same strategy to beat them 5 years earlier!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We will win the Super bowl this year. I truly believe that, and then let's just hope that Bill Belichick doesn't read this forum and decide to quit because of the ever complaining, sky is falling fan base that thinks he can't acquire talent. Oh and that he can't re-produce the dynasty era defense even though all of his coaches have been robbed and the league changed it's rules to the tune that 19 fr*ggin QB's are on pace for 4,000 yards???

[/QUOTE]

I agree that this team has the talent to win the Super Bowl. I am just not sure that they have the coaching to do it. In the 10 years, 1 number one offense has won the Super Bowl - the 2009 Saints. Over that time, the only other team to have a top three offense in the NFL and win the Super Bowl was in 2006 Colts.

In that same span, 3 number defenses have won it (2002 Bucs, 2003 Patriots, 2008 Steelers). Additionally, 3 other top three defenses have won the Super Bowl (2004 Patriots - 2nd, 2005 Steelers - 3rd, and 2010 Packers - 2nd).

Overall, seven of the last ten Super Bowl victors have been better on defense than on offense, and that does even include last years Giants who along with the Saints and Colts are the only teams with better offenses to win the Super Bowl in the last ten years.

Great offense and mediocre defense can get you close and can get you lots of regular season victories (just ask the Colts who from 2003-2009 had the most regular season wins in the NFL and a 1-1 record in the Super Bowl to show for it).

Last year, it took a good draw (Broncos upset the Steelers) and a bit of luck (dropped pass in the end zone and a missed FG) to make the Super Bowl. Then they were outcoached on both sides of the ball by a guy who had used the exact same strategy to beat them 5 years earlier!

[/QUOTE]

i share your thoughts and have posted many of them.

though we may not have the coaching..well see, doesnt look good on that front;

the contention that we have the players, on defense specifically, i think is questionable at the very least. 

though most here would not admit it, there are better def coord's in the league. i wish bb would hire them, but one of his character flaws hasnt permitted him to be able to do that, or to realize he should (hire the best coaches)

we will have to ride it out again this year, knowing it will not lay down as easy as it did last year.

and the odds favor a 1st or 2nd playoff game loss.

but we will see.

maybe our defense will suddenly turn to gold.

a magical ironic redemtion for talib.

one teams cancer becomes the "good guy" patriots salvation.

it writes itself as a storybook legend.

we'll see.

by the way, if you have any pull with bb, see if he will consider converting to press man and also bring some pressure once and a while on the qb.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I always like their chances.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Babe, Last year's Super Bowl ended with OUR offense having the ball and dropping three straight passes...  and I have to ask you, are we running more and more consistantly?

This year's team is more athletic, balanced and is much more dangerous with the ability to run the clock out in the same way the Giant's did to us last year.  All the entitled moaners here not withstanding I'd say most of us have faith that BB will right the ship before the post season.

In the playoffs BB will play more 3/4, the defense will tighten up and attack with more ferocity and disguised blitzes.  BB plays for the postseason, he doesn't care about fantasy stats.

This is the year, haven't wavered from that.  In BB we trust.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What Shenanigan said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obviously  last year's D didn't play well enough to win the SB if they lost it on the last minutes Giants' drive.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you missed the beginning of the game, where a safety, followed by a 1st and 10 from the Pats 30 put them in a 9-0 hole. Despite this, they held the Giants scoreless for the remainder of the half, so the offense could catch up and take a 10-9 lead.

Obviuosly, you missed the second half offense, which after scoring on the opening drive of the half to go up 17-9, failed to put another point on the board for the remainder of the game.

A defense that gives up 12 points in the Super Bowl has played well enough to win. The offense could not score.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

No doubt about the running game and the turnovers. Love the positivity TC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If you like and support your team, nothing wrong with saying it!  TrueChamp, looking at the glass "half full" is better than "half empty".  Yeah, we'll have your Rusty's of course.  There are fans in many cities who feel this way right now about their team, why not us?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE] and that he can't re-produce the dynasty era defense even though all of his coaches have been robbed and the league changed it's rules to the tune that 19 QB's are on pace for 4,000 yards???

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you have confidence. I think this team is STREETS ahead of the 2004 team offensively. Dillon wasn't that much better than Ridley. Weker is better than any WR they had. And Gronk and Hernandez are waay better than any TEs they had. 

I would just add .... it doesn't matter if 19 QBs are on pace to throw for 8000 yards. Rule changes effect everyone equally. A middle of the pack defense is still a middle of the pack defense in any era. It' s non-point to bring up to the forum. That would be like saying the winless Bucs were underrated because of rule changes and they would have been better a decade earlier. Or that the Packers didn't really have the best scoring offense last season because passing is so easy. If it is so easy, everyone should be #1, but they aren't. 

It doesn't matter ... on defense, everyone would be better against the pass (slightly) 10 years ago ..the top five, the bottom five, the middle ten, whatever ... and NE would have still be at the bottom of the leauge against the pass, even if their RAW numbers were sightly lower, because their DB crew is not very good no matter what era or how you slice it. 

And I agree, coming out of the weak AFC they can definitely represent this conference in the Superbowl. Figuring out a way to play Balty and Houston in New England would make it a lot rosier, imo. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Gomer in the Houston dome can take out the Texans so that the Pats can get home field for the AFC Championship.

Even if the Pats need to play one road game (Balt) they have much more than a puncher's chance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Brady against anyone=Puncher's chance

A high school team facing our defense=Puncher's chance

If our defense improves...who knows? If not, we got a puncher's chance...nothing more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Most of us knew this back in February.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

[QUOTE]

Obviously, you missed the beginning of the game, where a safety, followed by a 1st and 10 from the Pats 30 put them in a 9-0 hole. Despite this, they held the Giants scoreless for the remainder of the half, so the offense could catch up and take a 10-9 lead.

Obviuosly, you missed the second half offense, which after scoring on the opening drive of the half to go up 17-9, failed to put another point on the board for the remainder of the game.

A defense that gives up 12 points in the Super Bowl has played well enough to win. The offense could not score.

[/QUOTE]

+1

25. This post has been removed.