This would kill the Jets!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

This would kill the Jets!!!

NY Jets don't want to see Darrelle Revis play out contract, then join rivals Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Patriots Gang Green owner Woody Johnson must prepare for very real possibility that Patriots could steal team's best player after this season, which would be another nightmare for Rex Ryan, John Idzik and brass. Comments (15) NEW YORK DAILY NEWS PUBLISHED: FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2013, 12:32 AM UPDATED: FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2013, 1:53 AM

13       51       0                         Print

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/myers-jets-don-stand-pat-revis-article-1.1276718#ixzz2MIXmYeAF

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: This would kill the Jets!!!

revis' head on arrington's body, clever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

revis' head on arrington's body, clever.

I know 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't see it happening. Revis is all about the money and securing his future (can't blame him I'd be the same way) and the Pats are all about not giving top dollar to anyone who hasn't previously played in their system and is a team player (can't blame them that's best for the team). But, it's a nice dream

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't see Revis playing for the Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree, the Jets would not like this at all but I don't see him as a Patriot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I agree, the Jets would not like this at all but I don't see him as a Patriot.

what will the know-it-all Rusty say? He tacitly ackowledges Revis' talents but crucifies him as a "me me"player, what's BB to do? And if anyone thinks Revis will join BB and suddenly become a "no I in team" and "sure I'll cut my salary demands" player, they've lost whatever marbles they had

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Jets were smart they would Trade him to the 49's, grab as many Picks as they can. That team with Sanchez is doomed anyway.

You hear what they want for Revis. They want a 1st plus a high round next year or another high round this year. That just silly for a 1 year rental who wants a huge contract and the fact that the Jets are over a barrel for cap space. The Jets will crumble quickly

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Yes Revis loves the money but what is the one best way to get back at the Jets because they wouldn't pay you. Sign 2 years with the Pats. 99% chance it wont happen but still would be great.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I heard on a Miami radio that the Jets want to trade him bad, and they will put a cluase in the contract that will not allow the trading team to also trade Revis to the Pats.  They also had a source who said Pats want him bad if me makes the open market.  My co-worker's unlce is a huge Miami fan.. he heard it somewhere.  

Interesting...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

He will not be here. Pats wont lock up that much fr ONE player. They spread the payroll across the whole roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I don't see it happening. Revis is all about the money and securing his future (can't blame him I'd be the same way) and the Pats are all about not giving top dollar to anyone who hasn't previously played in their system and is a team player (can't blame them that's best for the team). But, it's a nice dream

Agreed. But, I do believe that the Jets are serious about trading Revis...and will try hard to dump him prior to the draft. The problem for the Goblins is that no one wants to pay Revis the ridiculous money he's seeking. That's going to impact what the Jets will be able to get in return for him. No one knows whether Revis has fully recovered from his knee injury. Furthermore, GMs will likely be leery of signing Revis to a mega-deal, after seeing what happened to Philly, when they signed free agent CB Nmandi Asomugha for huge money: http://www.csnphilly.com/eagles/how-did-nnamdi-asomughas-skills-erode-so-quickly 

The mess the Jets are in stems from the decision to try to compete with the Patriots immediately, by building a team through free agency acquisitions. Brett Favre, Santonio Holmes, Ladainian Tomlinson, Braylon Edwards, Kris Jenkins, Jim Leonard, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Brodney Pool, LaRon Landry, and Damien Woody.

Their "hurry up and compete" philosophy also affected their draft strategy. The Jets traded away the majority of their draft picks in order to target certain players...Mark Sanchez, Darrelle Revis, and David Harris come to mind. For the past two years, the Patriots seem to have adopted the same approach to the draft...using picks to snare risky veterans, and moving up last year to get Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower. As a result, the Pats have only 5 picks this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Everytime he has a decent year he wants a new contract, acts like an idiot and hold out.  The only reason his bad behavior isn't a bigger deal is HE PLAYS FOR THE JESTS.  No thanks.  Let him go be wonderful somewhere else.  As far as killing the Jests, they are already dead.  

Apparently, it was a suicide.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As many have said, Reavis is out for REAVIS!  You will never see him take a team friendly contract.  He wants to get paid and when the team he is on is not winning, it is not "his" fault and still wants his money.  A type of player who won't even get a wiff of an invite from the Patriots to talk contract, IMHO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Don't you worry for the Jets. They are about to land the big fish and their saviour : David Garrard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

As many have said, Reavis is out for REAVIS!  You will never see him take a team friendly contract.  He wants to get paid and when the team he is on is not winning, it is not "his" fault and still wants his money.  A type of player who won't even get a wiff of an invite from the Patriots to talk contract, IMHO.

Come now. Why should Revis give the Jets a home-town discount? They Jets got him to sign a bad deal deal in his initial renegotiation...and are no where close to being a SB contender. If you were Revis, would you want to stay on the Titanic of NFL franchises? Revis doesn't play QB, RB, or WR. It must be frustrating to play defense on a team with such a pathetic offense.  

There's no question that he's asking for too much money. But, could it be that he's doing so to force the Jets to trade him? The guy wants to win...and to win, he needs to play on a better team. You better believe that if he were an UFA, and his agent contacted BB, that BB would listen.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FLY2K's comment:

NY Jets don't want to see Darrelle Revis play out contract, then join rivals Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Patriots Gang Green owner Woody Johnson must prepare for very real possibility that Patriots could steal team's best player after this season, which would be another nightmare for Rex Ryan, John Idzik and brass. Comments (15) NEW YORK DAILY NEWS PUBLISHED: FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2013, 12:32 AM UPDATED: FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2013, 1:53 AM

13       51       0                         Print

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/myers-jets-don-stand-pat-revis-article-1.1276718#ixzz2MIXmYeAF

teh pats are not going to give revis an eltie qb contract he is seeking.