Thoughts on the Miracle Yesterday and Going Forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Thoughts on the Miracle Yesterday and Going Forward

These injuries have been unbelievable.  I don't think I have any expectations now.  I'm just going to savor every win we get and enjoy the ride.  I don't know if we'll get crushed in the first playoff game or win the SB but it's going to be fun finding out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Did not like the headhunting on Edelman after that TD. The league needs to start ejecting anyone that goes after anyone's head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

As fro going forward. Patriots get to the SB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did not like the headhunting on Edelman after that TD. The league needs to start ejecting anyone that goes after anyone's head.

[/QUOTE]

it was a shoulder to shoulder hit, clean play. clean hit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lucky lucky lucky. should have never been in that one. but i will go on the record saying the PI call might have been bad. but it was still iffy. all i know is if the call wasn't made i still think TB leads us downfiield for another GW TD.

Defense-

Chandler Jones & Nink need to create better pass rush. Jones has seemed to of disappeared last few weeks and Nink hasnt made that clutch strip or sack as he was doing last year.. that leads us to,

the secondary. with no legitimate rush right now, the secondary is getting torched. we still struggle with tall  and phsyical TEs. mostly their play can be contributed to bad pass rush but they still find ways to give up 3rd and forever's which really irks me.

the LBs. actually thought hightower played alot better compared to the last two weeks. the run D in general was a huge improvment. i really like what i saw but STILL these LBs (Spikes & Hightower) cannot cover. i want to see more Collins & Fletcher going forward.

Offense-

O-line. sorry. they have been way too inconsistent this year. yday was no exception. brady had pressure in his face all 1st half and most second half too. there is a real need for improvement there and Cannon needs to return. Solder and Wendell are killing us.

the running game was very good yesterday and sadly we didnt run the ball enough to me. Blount ran his best all year yesterday and Ridley didnt look bad either. keep feeding the Rbs the ball going forward.

passing game. a lot of drops. TB  made a couple shaky throws but besides that his play can be on the no protection and amount of drops there were. this will need to improve going forward.

Future Thoughts-

this season has been wild. add gronk to the list. actually board:

Name me a team who loses 5 (six w/ Hernandez) Pro Bowlers and is 10-3? i cant do it

Tom Brady for what he has had to deal with is having a great year. The defense now needs to somehow find a pass rrush and get back to carrying us to victories. the offense will probably struggle mightily w/o Gronk.

Vereen is our best matchup threat moving forward and he will probably be the key and catalyst to our offense.

Danny Amendola NEEDS TO STEP UP. i fully expect teams to put alll attention on  JE and Vereen so that leaves DA with the best matchup for success probably. he will need to be big. same goes for the O-line. they need to play some consistent ball for once.

With BB and TB we still have a shot at a ring this year guys.. can never count out these two. this team has a sense of destiny to me for some reason... cant explain it they just do. hope im right

saw a great line today to keep in mind for a driving force "if Tom Brady wins a Super Bowl with the hand he is dealt now, he will easily go down as the greatest QB in NFL history"

[/QUOTE]

Nice post Joe. Totally agree.

its hard to put a finger on that something special quality. They don't make it easy or look pretty, but keep scrapping and playing the full 60 minutes. A team like that is dangerous In the post season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

First onside kick recovered since Parcells, it was kind of a miracle.

A sort of silver lining to Gronk is expectations are a whole lot lower now, so the pressure is off to an extent. Nobody thinks they're a serious contender anymore, outside of New England. If you're a Bronco fan, you're a lot less concerned about the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice post Joe. Totally agree.

its hard to put a finger on that something special quality. They don't make it easy or look pretty, but keep scrapping and playing the full 60 minutes. A team like that is dangerous In the post season. 

[/QUOTE]

thanks! the biggest key to the team is actually starting a game strong. after this latest injury we cannot afford theese slow starts. we will lose games if this continues!