Throwback thread 2001

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Throwback thread 2001

I think if Faulk can quit fumbling and Bledsoe can stay healthy this team has a chance at the playoffs.  Too bad they reached on Seymour in the draft when they had a future HOFer in David Terell at WR sitting there.

The wild card is BB, what has he ever done without Parcells?  If only Kraft hadn't chased him away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Throwback thread 2001

we will never win a super bowl with BB in charge!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

YEAH THOSE THINGS!! My biggest complaint is that this Belichick wasted a 6th round pick on a QB when we already had 3 on the roster, real head scratcher there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Starting off the season at 0-2 is beyond pathetic.  Time to start tanking the rest of the season so we can pick up the QB of the future in David Carr.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Uh oh, Zs power rankings are out.  Maybe the Pats can make a trade for a real QB.

Denver Broncos (2-0) 
    This is what Mike Shanahan's boys showed me on that oven of a night in Tempe. The temperature hit 103 degrees, and in the first quarter the big fatsos on the Cardinals shoved the Broncs around. But it was the visitors who came on and played through it and the home team that melted. I'm greatly looking forward to Sunday's contest against Baltimore.27

Indianapolis Colts (2-0) 
    Again the no-huddle, with Peyton Manning calling the game at the line, ran up a big tally. This reminds me of the genesis of the Buffalo hurry-up in the early '90s. It's effective when we use it so why not use it all the time? The only problem is the frenetic pace that it puts on my charting mechanism.36

Miami Dolphins (2-0) 
    After the Raiders kicked a field goal on the opening drive of the second half, the Dolphins' defense held them to one first down in their next five series, and that, I believe, was why Miami won the game. The cavalry charge in the final minute was colorful, but the defense set the tone.41

St. Louis Rams (2-0) 
    I'm expecting heat. For those of you who wish to get emotional about my lowering a team three notches after a victory, send along your address and I will drop by with my tape of the 49ers game and show you many examples of extreme sloppiness and unsound football habits. And I think Miami will upset the Rams Sunday -- in St. Louis.511

Green Bay Packers (2-0) 
    Ahman Green is a punishing runner who gets into nasty moods but he drops the ball too much. Dorsey Levens is quietly effective and a better receiver. This is the platform a now-healthy Brett Favre needs to lead a high-powered offense.62

Baltimore Ravens (1-1) 
    Let's not get hysterical about this. The Super Bowl champs turned the ball over six times and got upset by the Bengals. Oh yes, they were also outhustled and outhit. A wake-up call or a portent of things to come?75

New Orleans Saints (1-0) 
    The bye week cost them two spots. I told you, it's a meaner system this week.84

Oakland Raiders (1-1) 
    I would have dropped them more, except that my wife held me back because she likes the city. When's the last time you saw an Al Davis team go into one of those soft defenses at the end and let the other team come waltzing down the field?910

Philadelphia Eagles (1-1) 
    The bad news is that Duce Staley will be out for a while. The good news is that they have Dallas at home, Arizona at home and a bye.1013

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-0) 
    They're on a mission. They don't seem to be feuding with the coach anymore. Stacey Mack had a big day in relief of injured Fred Taylor, and they're hoping that he's for real.118

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) 
    Interesting to see how they handle the roadie at Minnesota. The Vikings are a team they don't particularly like.1212

New York Giants (1-1) 
    The Saints, whom they face this week, seem to be a team built for the Giants' style, willing to turn the game into a defensive slugfest, which it should be.139

Tennessee Titans (0-2) 
    This is the team I had facing the Rams in the Super Bowl. I won't fall into the trap of September hand-wringing, but it makes me wonder if old age is simply depriving me of too many brain cells.1421

San Diego Chargers (2-0) 
    Oh, it'll be a fun afternoon all right when the Superchargers face Cincinnati in the Cinderella Bowl. If the taper doesn't act up on me, I'll be recording it, and particularly noting the O-line, which I have trouble believing has finally gotten itself together.1516

New York Jets (1-1) 
    Sorry, can't raise them in the rankings after the win over the Patriots. The Monday nighter against the Niners is a different story.1617

San Francisco 49ers (1-1) 
    Jeff Garcia's a gutsy QB and fun to watch, and he gave the Rams some anxious moments. But when his go-to guy, Terrell Owens, drops four passes and his next favorite receiver, J.J. Stokes, drops two, they'd better open a new can of wideouts.1714

Kansas City Chiefs (0-2) 
    Both losses at Arrowhead, which used to be terra worriosa for visiting teams.1820

Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) 
    They visit Buffalo, and the Bills are back on their heels, but Pittsburgh hasn't won there since the Terry Bradsaw, Jack Lambert Super Bowl era.1926

Atlanta Falcons (1-1) 
    Quietly climbing back from his knee injury, Jamal Anderson is having a spectacular year. And even without Anderson's 94-yard TD catch, Chris Chandler averaged 15 yards per completion, which means that things are happening downfield.2027

Cincinnati Bengals (2-0) 
    I have a theory about the Bengals. The young, highly drafted defensive talent is finally maturing. My players of the game against Baltimore? OLB Takeo Spikes and DT Oliver Gibson, who simply manhandled the guys trying to block him.2119

Buffalo Bills (0-2) 
    In the old days, they'd figure out a way to lasso the kind of whirlwind Indy unleashed on them, but their defensive unit has thinned out.2228

Chicago Bears (1-1) 
    Bolder approach now that Jim Miller is at QB. They'll have the bye week to figure out where their future really lies in that department, but it seems that the question has been lingering for a few years.2322

Carolina Panthers (1-1) 
    The bright spot is that Chris Weinke stayed cool and collected and remarkably poised for a rookie.2415

Minnesota Vikings (0-2) 
    Did you see those sideline shots of all the stars yapping at each other? And then they refused to talk to the press after the game. In the old days, when they were doing all that scoring, they never minded discussing it.2523

Seattle Seahawks (1-1) 
    Fans yelled for Trent Dilfer. Except in the land of dreams, he probably never heard that before.2624

Arizona Cardinals (0-1) 
    They play in the hottest place in the country, yet they have the biggest, fattest linemen on both sides of the ball. Someone needs to do a geographical research project here.2730

Cleveland Browns (1-1) 
    The seven picks off of Detroit might have used up a two-month quota. Serious consideration will follow a victory over a major opponent.2818

Detroit Lions (0-2) 
    I'd devote a lot of practice time to the running game if I were coach Mornhinweg (There! I spelled it right).2925

Washington Redskins (0-2) 
    The offensive line got overrun by the Pack. Jeff George is now a five-yard dinker. The best defensive player, Marco Coleman, is out with an elbow injury, and, of less significance but more newspaper space,LaVar Arrington is out with a bad knee. I'm looking for bright spots. Well, Stephen Davis ran well, but when put in a catch-up mode early on, his significance diminishes.3031

Dallas Cowboys (0-2) 
    There are signs of intelligent life, but not many of them. Emmitt is still running hard. Why don't they just pledge their season to getting him as many yards as they can, as he closes in on Walter Payton's record?3129

New England Patriots (0-2) 
    This is sad. Drew Bledsoe took a big hit and is out indefinitely. Honestly, I don't know what weapons they have with which to win a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

A chance at the playoffs?  What are you, captain of the ostrich society?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

England Patriots (0-2) 
    This is sad. Drew Bledsoe took a big hit and is out indefinitely. Honestly, I don't know what weapons they have with which to win a game.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1  Awesome find!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The running back is Antowain Smith (who??)? Isn't the Antoine on the Celtics enough for this town??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The real problem is we don't have enough talent, all these cast offs from other teams that nobody wants, how will they help.  Also Belichick couldn't save the Browns from leaving, how can he possibly help us, I sure wish Parcells stuck around...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

The real problem is we don't have enough talent, all these cast offs from other teams that nobody wants, how will they help.  Also Belichick couldn't save the Browns from leaving, how can he possibly help us, I sure wish Parcells stuck around...

No doubt, I'm starting to believe the only reason Kraft hired Belichick was so he could tank and move to LA.  How else can you explain letting letting Eaton walk and bringing in a bunch of backups?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

The running back is Antowain Smith (who??)? Isn't the Antoine on the Celtics enough for this town??

I have a feeling J.R. Redman is going to have a HUGE year.Why did they bring in tha scrub Mike Table,Mike Sable,whatever his name is?The player wearing #50?He'll be cut soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Can't possibly win with David Patten and Troy Brown as your wideouts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah. Five lousy wins last year. The team is pretty much garbage.

We need a miracle.

If only some legendary player could step up from out of the blue and make our beloved franchise a dynasty!

I can dream can't I?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

How do you expect us to beat Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf? This Rams team is a scoring machine. Who will be able to stop Tory Holt and Marshall Faulk? Tom Brady being the 199th pick of the draft? how long will this cinderella story go on?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

How do you expect us to beat Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf? This Rams team is a scoring machine. Who will be able to stop Tory Holt and Marshall Faulk? Tom Brady being the 199th pick of the draft? how long will this cinderella story go on?

Even in college they were trying to replace him with Henson, maybe if we lose enough we can draft him.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

What is Belichick thinking?We'd be better,although still not good,if he replaced Bledsoe with Damon Huard instead of that 6th round pick.

Bill Belichick doesn't have a clue

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

73-0 and "On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sack last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Whatever happened to our favorite QB out of K State Michael Bishop.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Whatever became of Adriann Klemm, theO Lineman out of Hawaii? Still have leftovers from the Parcells era, Tedi Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

ahhhh those metal benches, 100 men in line to pizz, traffic jams,  seriously drunk fans, fights everywhere..... those were the days

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

That Was Great, Thanks For Pulling That Up.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

73-0 and "On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sack last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon."

Ron Borges is a football genius. He should be running the Pats, not Bill Bellychick...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Otis F'n Smith is our starting corner?

Sheesh...if things go bad enough, hopefully we can draft Travis Fisher next year.

And what the heck is a Tebucky?