Thug is now a code word

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Thug is now a code word

According to Steven A. Smith for the N word.

When does all this BS stop?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Thug is now a code word

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Steven A. Smith for the N word.

When does all this BS stop?

[/QUOTE]

sounds about right....  twitter is where people show their true selfs I guess. I would rather people be real about it. Here, we have a lot of guys who hide it well.

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/

I lost count of how many times the N word was used for Sherman....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

The term is used way too much by people who don't know what they're talking about. Richard Sherman is a "thug" because he yelled in his postgame interview. Sure, sure.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

No, it's a code word for thug. If you don't want to be called a thug don't beat women, traffic drugs, murder people, have 2000 different kids from 1000 different women, etc etc. 

I am so sick of the race card being used for everything. I could easily use one as well. I grew up very poor, received no scholarship money other than what I earned from my GPA, and lost a job opportunity out of college due to affirmative action. Why? Because I'm white. Racism is starting to fade ever so slightly, but when people say things like that it keeps it fresh in everyone's minds and creates more animosity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh god.  He's a disgrace. I used to work with a cousin of his.  Even he is embarrassed by his cousin's antics.

The race baiting antics by Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, etc, are a disgrace. No one cares what the skin color is, it's a slang term for a crappy person who promotes violence to solve problems or issues that they may have.

Aaron Hernandez is a thug, for example, and he's not black.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Well said.

It's not a skin color, it's a mentality. The black community needs to smarten up and stop looking for excuses, they just look stupid.

If I'm Sharpton or James I give I tell Richard Sherman this little peice of advice:

If you want people to say your the best corner in the game, let them say it, not you.

If you want people to recognize/respect the fact that you got all A's in high school, graduated from Stanford etc..then act like you did.

It's too bad, he's a heck of a football player, playing in the Super Bowl and people associate him with the behavior of a thug. Right or wrong, they do, and it's his own doing.

Perhaps if leaders in the black community would speak out more about the actions of their own instead of making excuses for those actions, they would serve their race better. Al Sharpton and Jesse James to me have zero credibilty.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

No, it's a code word for thug. If you don't want to be called a thug don't beat women, traffic drugs, murder people, have 2000 different kids from 1000 different women, etc etc. 

I am so sick of the race card being used for everything. I could easily use one as well. I grew up very poor, received no scholarship money other than what I earned from my GPA, and lost a job opportunity out of college due to affirmative action. Why? Because I'm white. Racism is starting to fade ever so slightly, but when people say things like that it keeps it fresh in everyone's minds and creates more animosity.

sure pal...only in your world. come to mine and you will see things clearly. In my 37 years on this earth, racism has never been bigger. You see it only exists in the eye of the beholder. How a white man living in a white mans world will ever understand racism is puzzling to me. BTW, way to go painting ALL NFL players with such a broad brush. I hadnt heard of Sherman doing any of those things. Folks DID tweet that Sherman should be lynched and was called the N word over a thousand times. Rasicm dont sound dead to me....lol

This board is really becoming a drag. Im glad these issues come up so I can see where you all stand.  Im glad the season is over so I dont have to be around a bunch of uninformed racists ....smh

You lost a job due to affirmative action....lol. So did you give up in life or keep pushing?? YOU  dont wanna know about MY struggles, Trust me... .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If you go to the origin of the word, it was about a specific group of people, a cult, I think.  Now I think it is applied to any people demonstrating certain behavioral characteristics as perceived by other individuals.  But that does not preclude the word being accepted as and employed as a code word by other individualsa and groups to condemn other individuals or groups.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Stephen "Screaming Ar$$" Smith is a tool ( But isn't any talking head working for ESPN)......But is seems to be applied mainly to one race............

Close your eyes and picture a Thug.........Tweeker......Banger......

Personally I prefer the days of people speaking in truth not code... People were who you thought they were.....(nod to Denny Green)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I wonder what Martin Luther King Jr would say about how African-Americans carried his message to this day?  Seems they use the race card far more often today than "whites" did in the days of MLK.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you go to the origin of the word, it was about a specific group of people, a cult, I think.  Now I think it is applied to any people demonstrating certain behavioral characteristics as perceived by other individuals.  But that does not preclude the word being accepted as and employed as a code word by other individualsa and groups to condemn other individuals or groups.

[/QUOTE]

How about "Thuggies" from the old Gunga Din" movie that was India in the 1800s. Or maybe I've seen too many movies.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Dick Sherman isn't a thug. 

Hes a douuuchee bag for sure though. 

But, I'd take him anyday. Great Player

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone/2022731609_stoneseahawks23xml.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This thread is about to go waaay left.

I wonder why noone has ever made a stink about Phillip Rivers screaming like an idiot after games. Yelling IN ELLIS HOBBS face that HE was the Sorriest CB in the league!

Everyone forgot that huh?

Frauds on this board I tell you. Trash talk is PART of the game. Crabtree STARTED It in offseason. I didnt like Sherman when he asked Brady 'are you mad bro" but guess what, THEY WON> I didnt come here and start a thread to bash him. He earned the right to talk.

Did anyone realize that Sherman was ALREADY giving an interview to SOMEONE else and Erin caught him yelling and WANTED to interview him too??  So she Provoked the whole thing. Media DOES this. She was also caught hugging HIm after the interview, saying Great Interview. You guys need to quit it. Grown men scared of a guy with dreadlocks on TV. OH the scary black man yelled in a presence of a pretty woman!?!?  Stop it!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about "Thuggies" from the old Gunga Din" movie that was India in the 1800s. Or maybe I've seen too many movies.

[/QUOTE]

bump....any thoughts on the origin of the word beside the foregoing?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No thats on point. Group of people in India who I think strangled their victims but I dont recall the politics  or sociology of the situation.  Easy to look up though.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"an embarrassment" should be what I typed above, by the way.  Will they ever get the edit button fixed here or anything fixed?

[/QUOTE]

The edit button works perfectly well for me under Firefox.  I know you feel Chrome is the superior product, but perhaps that is the root of your issue.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Wikipedia gives the whole deal on Thuggee