Thug is now a code word

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Thug is now a code word

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sherman made a great point, why aren't Hockey "goons" called thugs when they engage in thuggery on a game to game basis?

Could you imagine what the NFL or NBA would face of their players, in the middle of the game, just started fighting? The NBA had to change the rules because the players were being too physical, but fights in Hockey is a-okay.

The difference between the NBA and the NHL is only that 70% of one league is black, 90% is white.

Ugh. I said it above, it's a TERRIBLE POINT. Terrible. Sherman's face would  be bludgeoned and he'd be in the hospital.

The hockey code is the way it is to keep peoplel in check.   You're on skates at 35 MPH with a stick and with numerous opps to take liberties against an opponent. That's why fighting is vital.

Hockey players are also the most classiest, well intended athletes in the world.

That is a terrible comparison.   Just because Sherman, you, or anyone else doesn't understand why being accountable exists in life, doesn't mean Sherman is right. Fighting in hockey is mostly about a code.  Respect. Sometimes some players get out of line and are dirty.

Sherman is 100% WRONG.

I am actually wondering if Sherman has mental problems like Brandon Marshall. Seriously. Why is he so concerned about over-compensating now?  Guaranteeing that second contract for Revis purposes? What is it?

Why does he continue on?  If he sucks in this SB, he will have a ton of questions to answer.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, stay on this, you do remember that the NBA changed the way basketball is played because of The Bad Boy Pistons style of play, right? They were too physical and commited hard fouls that were cheap and uncalled for.

Okay, in that sense, why didn't the NBA change the rules to allow fighting as a form of maintaining "respect" and make sure the players regulated themselves? Isn't it amazing that the two leagues that allow players to regulate themselves are the ones with a Caucasian majority? You even admit that perception plays a role in this. Sherman has been arrested how many times in his life? I'll save you the time, he's never been arrested or linked to any crime, but he's a thug, right? The NHL has classy athletes? Well, their arrest rate compared to the NBA is similar.

What's the difference, Rus? Gotta open your eyes. I don't think anyone is calling people a racist for calling people a thug. You want to call Hernandez a thug? Go ahead, he's a dirty thug. Talib a thug? Talib is a thug, no one will deny that. Dez Bryant? Yep, he's a thug. But the term "thug" gets thrown around for any black guy people don't like wether they're a criminal or not. That's what people mean by a code word. I've heard people call Obama a thug. "Get that thug out the White house."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

The words thug, punk, bum, s**mbag,etc. are used interchangably to describe people. There probably aren't too many bonified semanticists out there.

The fact that some in the black community will play the race card [along with their bleeding heart liberals] at contrived opportunties, impedes this country from moving forward!!

Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakan,Belifonte are racists by definition. That is how they make their living.

Carson,Cosby,Steele,Williams are the people who should be listened to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The guy has long hair.  I don't think he's a thug.

I think he's a woman.

Get a hair cut, Martha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I'm one who just doesn't get offended by words....it's silly in my opinion.

Of course this country has been overly pussified, and people get their panties in a bunch over saying "Chrismas Tree" vs "Holiday Tree"....ridiculous!!

"Thug" to me = criminal.....Sherman is NOT a criminal. Hernandez is a criminal, Buldger is a criminal.

Sherman decided to taunt someone after the game & mouth off in front of millions. To most, that makes you look like a poor sport.....or classless punk which I prefer. How about being a bigger man, and go congratulate Crabtree on a good game and make him look like the lesser man for supposedly starting it? It's called having some class. Trash talk is one thing, but acting like that in front of millions made him look ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Steven A. Smith for the N word.

When does all this BS stop?

[/QUOTE]

Stephen A Smith is an idiot. period. He is a complete moron.. See the problem with him is his mind changes like the weather.. He is on one side and then completely alters.. All he does is bring race into everything. Look i have my view on the matter. He is looking to drum up controversity. This BS WILL NEVER STOP! He loves sherman he will take his side on everythind. Where is his out cry for the Dolphins player when people were calling him a thug , who is a thug as well. Please Stephen get lost we have seen this move of yours before. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy has long hair.  I don't think he's a thug.

I think he's a woman.

Get a hair cut, Martha.

[/QUOTE]
    point!! but who is looking lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sounds about right....  twitter is where people show their true selfs I guess. I would rather people be real about it. Here, we have a lot of guys who hide it well.

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/

I lost count of how many times the N word was used for Sherman....

[/QUOTE]

That's despicable.  Please don't lump in despicable people like that with others here or anywhere who have never used that word in their life.

Thank you.

Sherman is actually a very intelligent person, certainly more so than myself, so I have nothing but respect for that aspect.  But, if you think he's presenting himself in a professional manner, representing the Seahawks, then you're a hypocrite.

It's a embarrassment.  It's a flat out embarrassment for a successful NFL player to do what he does. End of story. Have some class, be professional, show some respect.

He's very immature, as are you, Shizzle-dee-Dizzle.

[/QUOTE]

This is all an act. Many close to him say he is just the opposite, well educated, well spoken and didn't become this way until recently. It's either an act to get people to notice him, or the little bit of fame he has has gone straight to his head. Either way, I am not buying the thug behavior. He's about as hard as a stay puff marshmallow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sounds about right....  twitter is where people show their true selfs I guess. I would rather people be real about it. Here, we have a lot of guys who hide it well.

I lost count of how many times the N word was used for Sherman....

[/QUOTE]

That's despicable.  Please don't lump in despicable people like that with others here or anywhere who have never used that word in their life.

Thank you.

Sherman is actually a very intelligent person, certainly more so than myself, so I have nothing but respect for that aspect.  But, if you think he's presenting himself in a professional manner, representing the Seahawks, then you're a hypocrite.

It's a embarrassment.  It's a flat out embarrassment for a successful NFL player to do what he does. End of story. Have some class, be professional, show some respect.

He's very immature, as are you, Shizzle-dee-Dizzle.

[/QUOTE]

This is all an act. Many close to him say he is just the opposite, well educated, well spoken and didn't become this way until recently. It's either an act to get people to notice him, or the little bit of fame he has has gone straight to his head. Either way, I am not buying the thug behavior. He's about as hard as a stay puff marshmallow.

[/QUOTE]

You have heard of smart criminals.. Mastermind killers are such a thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

[QUOTE]

No, it's a code word for thug. If you don't want to be called a thug don't beat women, traffic drugs, murder people, have 2000 different kids from 1000 different women, etc etc. 

I am so sick of the race card being used for everything. I could easily use one as well. I grew up very poor, received no scholarship money other than what I earned from my GPA, and lost a job opportunity out of college due to affirmative action. Why? Because I'm white. Racism is starting to fade ever so slightly, but when people say things like that it keeps it fresh in everyone's minds and creates more animosity.

[/QUOTE]

sure pal...only in your world. come to mine and you will see things clearly. In my 37 years on this earth, racism has never been bigger. You see it only exists in the eye of the beholder. How a white man living in a white mans world will ever understand racism is puzzling to me. BTW, way to go painting ALL NFL players with such a broad brush. I hadnt heard of Sherman doing any of those things. Folks DID tweet that Sherman should be lynched and was called the N word over a thousand times. Rasicm dont sound dead to me....lol

This board is really becoming a drag. Im glad these issues come up so I can see where you all stand.  Im glad the season is over so I dont have to be around a bunch of uninformed racists ....smh

You lost a job due to affirmative action....lol. So did you give up in life or keep pushing?? YOU  dont wanna know about MY struggles, Trust me... .

[/QUOTE]

Triple you're off base here. Magic never painted every NFL player that why he said specifically people who act in that manner. You ever heard of people saying they live the "thug life". It doesn't matter what color or race you are if you act like a thug you are a thug period. Nothing to do with race at all. BTW, saying because you are a color means you don't know anything about racism is completely racist. Try being white and growing up in a poorer black neighborhood and say you can't possibly know what racism is because guess what it goes both sides. My sister when she went to college filled out form after form to get scholarships to pay for it. After a whiel they all blend together and she marked off the wrong box one day by mistake. She found out she qualified for a $10k scholarship and was beyond happy. When she went to go fill out the rest of the forms she was told they had cancelled her scholarship because they didn't realize she was white. Tell me how that isn't racist. If she was any other race and got denied because of he skin color there would be outcry but because she's white not a damn thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow, I dont know where to start.  How about here. Please click the link and read it through and come back tell me WHY we have to play the race card. Its right there, I dont have to play anything.

Please dont lump black folks together. I keep hearing Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson.!?!?  Listen, these clowns are working for the GVMNT. Always have been. Same way gvmnt made a fake panther party in 2008 to harass voters in voting for Obama. Not every black person is naive or dumb enough to annoint these clowns. They come in to diffuse the situation but never solve anything. Please stop. I dont support them

Not ALL black people voted for Obama cuz he was black. .Some like myself NO what GVMNT is about. I knew Obama would be elected before he was. It was all a plan to get america to trust them again after Bush showed his A  ss. Since Obama been in office, america has been as racist as ever with most whites mad that THEY voted for him. ANYONE that voted was DUPED!  Why should Obama be expected to keep promises when no president has? Its dumb. I dont vote for presidents. Everyone knows they are Se Lected! 

I am a very knowledgable person about LIFE. I do lots of research. Please dont be so naive to come here and make stupid statements like I dont know better. There are more agendas against the black man than ANY other race BY FAR! I have ALL the Proof. Its not a big deal though cuz Im living life. Im happy. Just dont come here and talk slick like every black person doesnt read books. Just cuz Media only plays movies about us being slaves(and they all get awards), does NOT mean we all think thats our history.  Some of us KNOW our history and HOW it REALLY went down. You all need to educate yourselves and start going off HIS STORY or you are gonna look real dumb. I dont lump any race into a category. There are thing you all dont like about us that I ALSO dont like.

Stop bringing up these topics if you DONT want to hear the TRUTH. IF you arent gonna be honest or do the research, I dont wanna talk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, it's a code word for thug. If you don't want to be called a thug don't beat women, traffic drugs, murder people, have 2000 different kids from 1000 different women, etc etc. 

I am so sick of the race card being used for everything. I could easily use one as well. I grew up very poor, received no scholarship money other than what I earned from my GPA, and lost a job opportunity out of college due to affirmative action. Why? Because I'm white. Racism is starting to fade ever so slightly, but when people say things like that it keeps it fresh in everyone's minds and creates more animosity.

sure pal...only in your world. come to mine and you will see things clearly. In my 37 years on this earth, racism has never been bigger. You see it only exists in the eye of the beholder. How a white man living in a white mans world will ever understand racism is puzzling to me. BTW, way to go painting ALL NFL players with such a broad brush. I hadnt heard of Sherman doing any of those things. Folks DID tweet that Sherman should be lynched and was called the N word over a thousand times. Rasicm dont sound dead to me....lol

This board is really becoming a drag. Im glad these issues come up so I can see where you all stand.  Im glad the season is over so I dont have to be around a bunch of uninformed racists ....smh

You lost a job due to affirmative action....lol. So did you give up in life or keep pushing?? YOU  dont wanna know about MY struggles, Trust me... .

[/QUOTE]

Triple you're off base here. Magic never painted every NFL player that why he said specifically people who act in that manner. You ever heard of people saying they live the "thug life". It doesn't matter what color or race you are if you act like a thug you are a thug period. Nothing to do with race at all. BTW, saying because you are a color means you don't know anything about racism is completely racist. Try being white and growing up in a poorer black neighborhood and say you can't possibly know what racism is because guess what it goes both sides. My sister when she went to college filled out form after form to get scholarships to pay for it. After a whiel they all blend together and she marked off the wrong box one day by mistake. She found out she qualified for a $10k scholarship and was beyond happy. When she went to go fill out the rest of the forms she was told they had cancelled her scholarship because they didn't realize she was white. Tell me how that isn't racist. If she was any other race and got denied because of he skin color there would be outcry but because she's white not a damn thing.

[/QUOTE]

Thats prejudice. We cant be racist living in a country ran by white supremacy. Dont tell me I am off base. We can all sit here and tell our individual stores but across the board, I know the deal.  Now you wanna talk to me about thug life. Lets stay on topic eng, really Cuz I respect you and you are going into dangerous territory. How much research have YOU done on White supremacy? Its Origin, Its meaning, why it exists?

The topic was...is thug a code word for the N word. I dont agree it is for everyone but clearly if you click on the link I provided you will it is for A LOT of people. I dont lump people into categories but I can speak for myself and my experiences. Why white folks always wanna argue with blacks about what THEY went through is beyond me. Its foolish. We ARE HATED ALL AROUND THE WORLD. We still get bananas thrown at us in soccer games...   Why are ALL our great Peoples Noses cut off on all our statues??  Why do they create diseases just to kill us off? Why do they make money off putting us in jail. Why do they SELL us to jails? Why do WE do MORE time than whites for the same crimes. WHy are we profiled in OUR cities but white folks can deal drugs in the suburbs with no worries?   Why do they let white/hispanic folks kill US and get away with it? Why did jewish gangsters take over the music industry and use our music to keep our children killing themselves? Why do they go to african countries and test bioligical weapons on US. Why were we segregated from whites and made to be slaves in the 1st place??  Can you answer any of that eng?   Cmon man. Lets keep it football cuz you dont wanna go there with me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I remember a few years ago a few college asian kids from MIT or Harvard forget which one started a all white college fund people got so upset with this why?The kids who started it said why shouldnt  white kids have thier own fund asians have thiers so do afircan americans etc so its a double stanarded.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The first times i ever heard the word thug it was in reference to

Union thugs, and Mafia thugs

I guess that was racist then and I didnt even know it

go figure

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  You could be Hispanic like Hernandez, Asian, Black or Caucausian with that word being applied.

It has nothing to do with race.

To me, the Stephen A. Smith types, the ones playing the victim cards, are the ones who are racist.

They're the ones looking at that element, not me or you.

[/QUOTE]
    you watch he will back pedal. 100%. revis has called out sherman too. just now. Stephen says well he a grad of Stanford. correct.  He does alot of charity work with foundations. correct.  We are talking about on the football field.. He is a smart dink then. A great player though would my view change if he was wearing a pats uniform.  It might but still will vote for Seattle regardless. Look it Pete Carroll cheats to but still will vote for his team to win it.. Why because me not afraid to say everybody behind the scenes are cheating they just have not been caught. Look i am a patriot fan why would i want denver to win.  iF THAT means Richard Sherman wins a  ring so be it i am cool with that.  Now if peyton did not Q the broncos i would go for denver. But if he wasn"t the qb denver would not be there.. lol  the old catch #22

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

always interesting when racial conversations start on this board...

so much insight from new englanders on the issue

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Wonderful.

Now we've got "code" language.

So . . .   no matter what I say, you've already got your mind made up as to what I actually "mean."

Well . . .   I think that's just wonderful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

Okay, you're wrong. Jesus, that's not how AA works. If you didn't get a job it was because you didn't get a job. AA doesn't demand that all companies be forced to hire black people, it only encourages businesses to hire desenfranchised groups.

Only 4% of all Fourtune 500 campanies have African American CEOs. If Affirmative action was keeping Caucasians from getting jobs, that number wouldn't be so tiny.

[/QUOTE]

Affirmative Action is not just for African Americans.  It is for certain protected disadvantaged classes of people.  If you want to know what these classes are pull up an online job application. When you get to the section where it asks ethneticity any radio button that is not non-Spanish speaking white is a protected group.

When I graduated from college in Boston I was denied teaching job because Judge Authur Garity said whites could not be hired.

I couldn't get a teaching job so I went back to construction, which is how I paid my way through ,college.  Sometimes I did interviews for the company. One of the guidelines was to hire any minority.  This was to help the company comply with government contract rules.

Minorities got to work on all of the government projects which paid much better than the privately funded projects.

I could not make a good living in construction.  I took the police exam because the Quinn bill would pay a premium to people with a bachelors degree.  I did a lot of prep for the tests. The results of the exam were thrown out because some minorities did not do well enough.  Don't know why, the tests seemed pretty racially neutral.  I was never offered a job.  BTW, I usually score in the 99+ percentile rank in standardized tests.

Minority friends of mine were able to get in to construction unions with proof of minority status.  My apprentices could get in.

I took night classes and got my certificate to teach vocational Ed.   When Madison Park High School opened I applied to teach my trade.  I was interviewed by 3 people.  Two of the three were minorities.  Two of the people were very enthusiastic about my application.  They told me that they never get applicants who already have teaching certificates for the "shop" positions.  They had always had to waive the qualification with an agreement that the applicant would work on it.  I was the first applicant they had ever seen that was qualified both with a degree in education and vocational certificate.  The third interviewer, who was in charge, did not seem interested ias speaking to me.  At the end of the interview he did ask how I, as a white man, could possibly be a positive role model for the African American students in the school.  I did not get the job.

Affirmative Action is a 45 year old temporary fix that was supposed to level the playing field. It's just devisive at this point.  It's time for equality for everyone.

The Constitution guarantees equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.  All American's rights should receive equal protection.

P.S.  Don't worry about me.  I kept pushing and consider myself successful.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Let me help out some of you on here. Seems there are some people who think a college degree is all you need in life.

Racism

I dont dwell on it. I have experienced it all my life and still do but I dont make it part of my life to dwell on.  When a topic is brought up here, I may comment but lets not forget who started the post. The person starting this post is NOT a Sherman supporter so who is stirring the pot? I would have never known about Stephen A Smiths comments. I dont totally agree with them either.  I simply will not stand by while people make uninformed comments.

So back to the word people dont know the meaning of. Question... What Goods, Services, Priviledges do african americans have the power to keep from another group of people, based soley on their skin?  There are NONE. That is what racism is, not prejudices or discrimination. Everyone takes part in that and they should as everyone cant be trusted and we ALL discriminate in one way or the other.

Reverse Racism??  It does not exist. Its an oxymoron. One that the anglo - saxons invented when african americans dared to speak out and up againt  a system that was designed to opress them for centuries. Bitter is the taste of one's own medicine. 

Now WHY would someone who enslaved a nation of people EVER give them to tools to reverse the situation and enslave THEM?  THEY WOULD NOT. Thats why everything in America is a lie. Africans americans have reason to do the research. I studied Black History as well as the history of lots of races. Please challenge me on History, I am begging. Dont talk to me about how your ancestors were slaves in ireland and all that. We are in America. Once the physical Slavery ended, the mental warfare began. Killing us as a people from within by controlling the music we listen to. Giving the sellouts of our race money to destroy our childrens future by contiuning to glorify drug selling, degrade women, etc. Its been working for years and MANY a resource are used to keep us in the dark so we dont know the truth.

When will America allow OUR story to be told? You know the one that doesnt start when we were slaves. Why are "the Butler" , "12 years a slave" and "Django" getting so many awards?? Black folks dont wanna see themselves as slaves anymore. We know who enjoys still seeing it. I saw this week a picture of a white women sitting on a black woman as a CHAIR and they try to tell us its art?!?!  Racial undertones rule american along with conditioning and thats why you all are scared of Sherman because youve been conditioned to. I KNOW that the picture is just rehashing how slavemasters used to USE US as footstools in their home.  Our history is VAST but they keep that away so our children WONT have confidence in themselves and they can believe the BS that we were never educated and the white man taught us. ON the contrary, Africans had the 1st libraries. We were the 1st teachers. Years of slavemasters NOT allowing us schooling, dumbed our race down over the years. Our Mothers had to breast feed the white mans children before they could feed their own. They want our children to believe we were swinging from trees when we were picked up and are lucky to be here. They will have you believe Chistoforo Columbo discovered America when african were sailing ships way before he was born. The Moors(africans) were in American when Chris arrived here. He even SAID it in HIS notes, but that was left out of our history books. Good thing for me I self educated myself by reading lots of books and traveling the word and seeing other folks perceptions. Thats why they dont want us leaving. They will have us think the africans back home hate us so we dont go back and unite. They made up a lie that the Aids virus came from the Congos... Why? because there are LOTS of natural resources there. They didnt want anyone going near it so they claimed the disease orignated there. Actually it was created right here in Cambrigde at Harvard. I have the names of all involved. From sceintists to doctors. They all recieved awards for creating it. It was designed for DE population OF blacks and hispanics. White folks were just collateral damage. TRuth is, GVMNT only cares about them and their circles of relations. Rich folks getting Richer. If you are not rich, you are likely subject to the same BS as most african americans, its just that it wasnt designed for you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

So back to the word people dont know the meaning of. Question... What Goods, Services, Priviledges do african americans have the power to keep from another group of people, based soley on their skin?  There are NONE. That is what racism is, not prejudices or discrimination. Everyone takes part in that and they should as everyone cant be trusted and we ALL discriminate in one way or the other.

Reverse Racism??  It does not exist. Its an oxymoron. One that the anglo - saxons invented when african americans dared to speak out and up againt  a system that was designed to opress them for centuries. Bitter is the taste of one's own medicine. 

[/QUOTE]

My sister was denied a scholarship she original received simply based off the color of her skin. That's a good and priviledge that was kept away from her.

It does, I grew up in a poorer area primarily filled with minorities and I was spit on, beat up, told not to shop at certain stores, denied service at certain barbershops based solely on I was white. And please explain how it's my own medicine? My family immigrated from Ireland from a country that were themselves slaves to the English for 600 years. When they arrived they had trouble finding jobs as "Irish need not apply" was everywhere. We never owned a slave in my families entire history and were infact slaves to the English, many of which were used as pawns in war meant specifically to die so an English life wasn't wasted. My family worked it's butt off to make a better life for itself but fell on rough times too based solely on social classes making it hard to move up. My great grandfather was fire bombed out of his Roxbury house he owned for 40 years because he was the only white guy in a black neighborhood in which the neighborhood blocked the path of the fire department to make sure he was burned out in the 60's. Please tell me why my family deserved any of this and what medicine we forced on you that warrented this.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.