Thursday football sux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Thursday football sux

NFL channels cheesy production forces players to go on 3 days rest. The body doesn't recover that fast from a football beating .

what you get is lousy 3-0 first half and a gimmick play.  Cutler looked half asleep along with his line.  Pack took advantage with fake FG.

worse, forte gets injured .  All so NFL can monopolize afew games (how many more ).  Like $9B isn't enough. glad patriots have no Thursday games and I'm not going to get suckered into watching another one of these garbage telecasts .

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Re: Thursday football sux

who was the mouth breather with the ponytail doing the talking during commericials.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I never liked the idea of a Thursday game for that reason as well.  If you played on Sunday, you then have 3 days to prep for another game?  Football just isn't the kind of sport you can do that with.  Sunday games and Monday night is how they should have left it.  Sadly though, the almighty dollar is all that really matters and you can never have enough of them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They were talking about getting cameras in the TD markers and were trying for last nights game.  While I kept on eye on the game, I didn't really listen to it much.  Did they happen to mention that and when they would have that going?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never liked the idea of a Thursday game for that reason as well.  If you played on Sunday, you then have 3 days to prep for another game?  Football just isn't the kind of sport you can do that with.  Sunday games and Monday night is how they should have left it.  Sadly though, the almighty dollar is all that really matters and you can never have enough of them. 

[/QUOTE]

Sunday , Monday , ... They used to call the week after mnf a "short week ".  What's 3 days?

if anything , what's wrong with Saturday night , or even Tuesday  would make more sense.  I thought the schedule would be set so Thursday games would follow the bye week for both teams.  Nope ... Week 1 1/2 ... Surprised it's not a bigger issue, especially with the injury to Forte.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NFL channels cheesy production forces players to go on 3 days rest. The body doesn't recover that fast from a football beating .

what you get is lousy 3-0 first half and a gimmick play.  Cutler looked half asleep along with his line.  Pack took advantage with fake FG.

worse, forte gets injured .  All so NFL can monopolize afew games (how many more ).  Like $9B isn't enough. glad patriots have no Thursday games and I'm not going to get suckered into watching another one of these garbage telecasts .

[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. And this is from a league that is so "concerned about injuries"?  I guess injuries take a back seat to profits.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't mind a Thursday night game, but all teams participating in a Thursday game, should have a bye the week before.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Could not agree more. And this is from a league that is so "concerned about injuries"?  I guess injuries take a back seat to profits.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the dirty little secret.  The only reason the NFL is concerned about injuries is because they're afraid of lawsuits that will cost them some of their profits. Profits are always in the driver's seat. Injuries only get to ride shotgun when there's a risk they'll reduce profits . . . but it's profits first and foremost, all the time.

Don't let Roger Goodell try to tell you otherwise.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't mind a Thursday night game, but all teams participating in a Thursday game, should have a bye the week before.  

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what a dumb a s s observation--I guess forte couldn't have gotten hurt on Saturday or Sunday--or Cutler would have played better on a Monday night  I like the Thursday night games and I wish they had some on Saturday. Too many games on Sunday, mostly shoved into the 1:00 time frame.  and Boo hoo they have to play on a short week  . There are 52 weeks in a year and most only play 16  a lucky few get to play a in the post season.   if they can't man up for that short period of time, they shouldn't be a football player.  As Belichick says  "it is what it is"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Strongly disagree with your premise coolade2

I LOVE being able to watch the NFL this season w/o having to wait more than 3 days in between games

( Hope they someday go to a Sat eve game  too )

Also - Pats do play on Thurs ( at Jets )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what a dumb a s s observation--I guess forte couldn't have gotten hurt on Saturday or Sunday--or Cutler would have played better on a Monday night  I like the Thursday night games and I wish they had some on Saturday. Too many games on Sunday, mostly shoved into the 1:00 time frame.  and Boo hoo they have to play on a short week  . There are 52 weeks in a year and most only play 16  a lucky few get to play a in the post season.   if they can't man up for that short period of time, they shouldn't be a football player.  As Belichick says  "it is what it is"

[/QUOTE]

OKeeee......  So you like Thursday games?  You think players can perform at the same level on three days rest as 6 days?

If you do you've never played football.  You can do it, but it's a diminished product.  Just like you saw last night.  And you're more likely to be injured,  like you saw last night.

Upon further review , the patriots do play a Thursday game Nov. 22 , 4 days after playing Indy.  They travel to play the jets .  there is some relief that it comes 2 weeks after their bye and later in the  season .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

We certainly don't have to 'wait' for Sunday anymore!   Knowing the nfl they'll try Friday night, and Saturday night too!  I know they already do Saturday night but that's towards end of the year.  I'm saying all year, like they did Thursday games now......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Negame, its not a dumb observation. the risk of injury is greater, the closer together the  games are. Football is such a physical sport, the body needs that extra time to recuperate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They were talking about getting cameras in the TD markers and were trying for last nights game.  While I kept on eye on the game, I didn't really listen to it much.  Did they happen to mention that and when they would have that going?

[/QUOTE]

Heardsame thing tfb but nothing!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Strongly disagree with your premise coolade2

I LOVE being able to watch the NFL this season w/o having to wait more than 3 days in between games

( Hope they someday go to a Sat eve game  too )

Also - Pats do play on Thurs ( at Jets )

[/QUOTE]

I like to see games too , but from a players perspective  it's just brutal. I'm surprised this got through the collective bargaining agreement but the NFL had already started building its greedy channel.  They weren't going back on that premise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OKeeee......  So you like Thursday games?  You think players can perform at the same level on three days rest as 6 days?

If you do you've never played football.  You can do it, but it's a diminished product.  Just like you saw last night.  And you're more likely to be injured,  like you saw last night.

Upon further review , the patriots do play a Thursday game Nov. 22 , 4 days after playing Indy.  They travel to play the jets .  there is some relief that it comes 2 weeks after their bye and later in the  season .

[/QUOTE]

Please explain to me how it's a dimished product.  Last night's game was all about defense,  Packers aren't looking to be the team they were a year ago, and Bears couldn't make the adjustments needed to protect Cutler.  Chicago just wasn't prepared. Apparently  they thought they could roll over the Packers like they did the Colts and didn't bother to gameplan.

Then they all get mini bye week before they have to play again. It's not any different than the teams that play on Thanksgiving year after year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Maybe this is more about the NFL network than the game itself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I hate the Thursday night games too, but that's because it's not on cable where I live so because I don't have Direct TV I have to go out to a bar to watch it.  The only game I'd do that for would be the Pats / Jets game, but that game if on Thanksgiving day.  So if I want to see that game I have to go out on TG afternoon and leave my family at home. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Why has not one person questioned the motives of the NFLPA in not challenging the safety of playing on three days to rest,practice and travel? What presents more hazzard a three day week or switching two preseason games for two that count??? One is entirely out of the question and the other goes with out question. Heres the answer, one is already money in the bank that they do not want to give up, and the other is a barganing chip for more money in the bank. Safety is and never was any thing more than a barganing chip... No matter what any one thinks....Every thing is up for sale, it is just the price tag that has to be negociated...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why has not one person questioned the motives of the NFLPA in not challenging the safety of playing on three days to rest,practice and travel? What presents more hazzard a three day week or switching two preseason games for two that count??? One is entirely out of the question and the other goes with out question. Heres the answer, one is already money in the bank that they do not want to give up, and the other is a barganing chip for more money in the bank. Safety is and never was any thing more than a barganing chip... No matter what any one thinks....Every thing is up for sale, it is just the price tag that has to be negociated...

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Of course. As always...just follow the money. They league has been paid a ton for the Thursday night package. Since the players get a percentage of overall revenue...there are no complaints. Teams can survive the Thursday night match-ups. But, going to an 18 game schedule, as Jerry Jones still wants...would be detrimental to the health of players, and the game. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty49. Show Lefty49's posts

Tomhab

The Patriots @Jets game on 11/22 (Thanksgiving)  kicks off around 8:20 PM, Eastern time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

As a season ticket holder, I'd like to see every game be played at 1:00 pm on Sunday.  That's the most convenient time.  Night games are horrendous if you need to work the next day.  Even 4 pm games aren't great because they make for a late Sunday before work on Monday. 

Of course, the big money is made on TV, so the night games are inevitable.  I think they just need to arrange it so the teams that play on Thursday have a bye the prior week.  Maybe add a second bye during the season to accomodate the number of byes you'd need. No team should play without at least five days off.