Thursday Game Special for me. Dad passed at 2010 Playoff Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Thursday Game Special for me. Dad passed at 2010 Playoff Game

I know I dont post a lot on this board but i read all of the posts everyday and enjoy all the perspective on the Pats and sports in general. Thursday would of been my Dads birthday. He had a stroke with 13 minutes to go before half time at Foxboro against the Jets. He was a dedicated Pats fan driving from Schenectady New York for 40 years. License plate "PATSFAN". Asking for some Mojo this holiday for my best friend on his birthday. I know he will be looking down and cheering for a Pats win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: Thursday Game Special for me. Dad passed at 2010 Playoff Game

Sorry to hear about your dad, I'll be sure to cheer extra loud though

I'm driving down to go to the game that night, which is my birthday too (I guess we share one)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Seastixholdersince1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I dont post a lot on this board but i read all of the posts everyday and enjoy all the perspective on the Pats and sports in general. Thursday would of been my Dads birthday. He had a stroke with 13 minutes to go before half time at Foxboro against the Jets. He was a dedicated Pats fan driving from Schenectady New York for 40 years. License plate "PATSFAN". Asking for some Mojo this holiday for my best friend on his birthday. I know he will be looking down and cheering for a Pats win.

[/QUOTE]

Also sorry for your loss. Having been through it last year, it's just one of the worst things ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Sorry to hear about that. I will cheer extra hard after getting somewhat "lubed up".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sorry about your dad dude, but seriously, if true this is one F'ed up thread.  A bit to much sharing. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry about your dad man. Go Pats!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about that. I will cheer extra hard after getting somewhat "lubed up".

[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, so that's what they mean by the "patriot way", lubing each other up.

[/QUOTE]

Get a life dude...or better yet get a new team. One that has made a Superbowl appearance within the last 43 years.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, so that's what they mean by the "patriot way", lubing each other up.

[/QUOTE]

Get a life dude...or better yet get a new team. One that has made a Superbowl appearance within the last 43 years.

[/QUOTE]

Is that also the "Patriot way"? Changing teams you root for?  Why didn't you change teams in the first 40 years of the Patriots existence? Lube up and get back to me.

[/QUOTE]

Hey idiot...just FYI...The Pats were established in 1960! They made their first Superbowl appearance in the '85 season! But you knew that right? And I don't drink...not anymore. You on the other hand probably "lube up" after every season just to deal with the pain of a 43 year drought. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're lucky to have a dad like that and he was lucky to have passed while experiencing what he loved... I can say as a part of this board that our mojo is all about getting real and speaking the truth as we see it...  Patriots are real and play with a deeper understanding of what this game is about.  I get this and appreciate how this team puts it out on the field every game.  Your dad may have felt a similar connection to these players and this team.  It's  a great thing to see this game in all its drama and depth and passion and intensity and realize that it really means a lot to share it with other cool people who get it... Like your dad and I'm glad he'll be watching along with all the rest of us Patriot fans. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Condolences on the loss of your Dad, and may he RIP. I am sure he is looking down proudly on you every day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry about your dad dude, but seriously, if true this is one F'ed up thread.  A bit to much sharing. 

[/QUOTE]

Tcal whats "F'ed up" is you and your repsonse! I would expect such nonsense from some of the trolls but not from a professed Pats fan! The original poster was just reminscning about good memories with his father, whats wrong with that? Sports has a way of bringing boys and their dads closer together no matter how old they are. Birthdays and holidays are hard times of year for anyone who has lost a loved one. I lost my dad 4 years ago and am still not over it. You clearly are lucky enough not have lost anyone close to you yet, but dont worry when you do hopefully folks will be there to support you not mock or insult you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tcal whats "F'ed up" is you and your repsonse! I would expect such nonsense from some of the trolls but not from a professed Pats fan! The original poster was just reminscning about good memories with his father, whats wrong with that? Sports has a way of bringing boys and their dads closer together no matter how old they are. Birthdays and holidays are hard times of year for anyone who has lost a loved one. I lost my dad 4 years ago and am still not over it. You clearly are lucky enough not have lost anyone close to you yet, but dont worry when you do hopefully folks will be there to support you not mock or insult you.

[/QUOTE]

Spot on! Great post by the OP as well.  Lets be thankful for what we had and what we have now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both my parents passed yet I never felt it necessary to discuss the details on an Internet forum. To write about a loved one stroking out with 13 minutes left in a football game (if true, which I find a bit hard to believe) is completely out of line and in my mind disrespectful.  If your good with it then I guess we have a different set of values.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[/QUOTE]

Both my parents passed yet I never felt it necessary to discuss the details on an Internet forum. To write about a loved one stroking out with 13 minutes left in a football game (if true, which I find a bit hard to believe) is completely out of line and in my mind disrespectful.  If your good with it then I guess we have a different set of values.

[/QUOTE]

Who the hell are you to judge how someone handles the death of their father? You handle it your way....and let others handle it any way they wish. "Out of line"?? Are you for real? The only thing "out of line" was you posting your judgemental opinions when it comes to someone mourning the way they want to. Get over yourself....

To the original poster.....please don't let the jerks like that ruin your rememberence of your dad...do what you need to do, and may your father RIP. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for your loss Man. Lets hope the Pats can put on a good show tommorow. Hope you have a wonderful holiday Bro, I know it must be bittersweet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

Who the hell are you to judge how someone handles the death of their father? You handle it your way....and let others handle it any way they wish. "Out of line"?? Are you for real? The only thing "out of line" was you posting your judgemental opinions when it comes to someone mourning the way they want to. Get over yourself....

To the original poster.....please don't let the jerks like that ruin your rememberence of your dad...do what you need to do, and may your father RIP. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amen Quagmire - well said!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You find it hard to believe that someone passed away during a game, so you throw salt in his wounds? 

Two years ago, one of the longest-standing posters on this board passed away.  He posted sporadically during that difficult time period.

Did you slam him, too?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You find it hard to believe that someone passed away during a game, so you throw salt in his wounds? 

Two years ago, one of the longest-standing posters on this board passed away.  He posted sporadically during that difficult time period.

Did you slam him, too?

[/QUOTE]

Who was it? I had no idea... so sad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sorry for your loss. I hope the Pats make it a special day for you to remember him 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Im very sorry for your loss.  May you have a peaceful day filled with fun memories of you and your Father tomorrow.