Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : How ignorent can you be in your childish assumptions of the existance of mankind and his relationship with his creator? We were created as close to perfection as man can be, and were given the right of free will to make our own decisions to make our own actions which we pay a price for. The ailments of our civilization wer created by our lifestyles, not as punnishment for them. Blaiming the Lord for all your hardships is refusal to take responsibility for your actions. Mankind has created the majority of all his own suffering, and by choseing to live in haserdus areas of repeated natural disasters  he again has chosen to accept that risk. The lord has given us the tools and ability to coexist with nature from the start and we as a civizilation have perverted and misused those tools to get where we are now and are paying the price for it. Your childish blameing of GOD for all suffering, instead of accepting blaime for liveing how and where you chose to do is unaccepable. And in the same breath you do not give thanks to the same Lord for the pleasures you have in your life, after blameing him for all else. All creatures have the gift of choice, that is the gift of life as we know it now. Without choice we can not be held accountable for our actions and there would be no meaning to life. Be thankfull for that gift and take responsibility ofr your decisions and those of your predisessors. You will not intervine in all the actions of your children because you must give them the choice to make their own mistakes and learn from them. So will the Lord.
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

Please stop eating your own feces. Immediately.

Way to miss the entire point of a post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success?:
    [QUOTE]Good post Oregon. Nice to see all the Bible quoting Google Christians bringing their hate. You bring up a Biblical term and the Google Bandwidth instantly goes up 10%. It's blatantly apparent that these angry and miserable people fear God and fear the truth. It should be an interesting week when Tebow does a number on our defense. I'll be rooting for the Pats but This guy is hard to stop even with a good defense. Lotta ChristaPhobs out there and I'd like to thankyou for bringing some sanity to this forum.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

Wow! You people just don't get it, do you?

I'm as afraid of God as I am the Easter Bunny. The fact is God, as a concept, is so riduculous it is insulting to any rational person's intelligence. But I think most athiests try to be respectful of other peoples religous beliefs. But it is often not a two way street with you people.

So yes people get angry when people like you come in here and talk down to them and try to cram their beliefs down other people's throats. Who are you to talk down to me? I'm not the one that believes a supernatural being created the entire universe.

Get a grip 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Wow! You people just don't get it, do you? I'm as afraid of God as I am the Easter Bunny. The fact is God, as a concept, is so riduculous it is insulting to any rational person's intelligence. But I think most athiests try to be respectful of other peoples religous beliefs. But it is often not a two way street with you people. So yes people get angry when people like you come in here and talk down to them and try to cram their beliefs down other people's throats. Who are you to talk down to me? I'm not the one that believes a supernatural being created the entire universe. Get a grip 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

And yet you can't stop talking about God and religion.

This is the paradox of atheism:  Atheists are more obsessed with God than 99% of Christians.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

glenr, just because I'm from Michigan doesn't mean i am not a Patriots fan.  I am originally from the area and root for all boston teams.  And I am not preaching about Tebow.  I'm just tired of the media playing up all the thugs that play professional sports and they want to tear down Tebow.  Who do you want your kids to model themselves after?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : And yet you can't stop talking about God and religion. This is the paradox of atheism:  Atheists are more obsessed with God than 99% of Christians.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

So we are not allowed to defend ourselves against a constant barrage of superstition, at work, in sports forums, at family gatherings, at malls, on sidewalks, on TV, at sporting events...?  And when we do, we are accused of being obsessed with religion and your god?

For just one thorough example, right now people like you are spewing bile at R.I.'s Governor Chaffee for his invitation to light the "holiday" tree, denouncing his wobbly attempt to walk the fine line of lawful separation of church and state vs. the appeasing unlawful sponsorship of a religious symbol on public land for the satisfaction of people like you.  He didn't wobble enough toward the later for the likes of you, I am certain, because he didn't call it a "Christmas tree.  (Never mind that "JESUS" was allegedly born in April, that the tree is a pagan symbol of fertility and regeneration, or that the name "JESUS" is actually a Hebrew acronym roughly translated to, "He whose name shall not be mentioned.")

People like you are claiming this country has had Christmas at it's core from it's inception, but in fact, Christmas was not a widely celebrated holiday in the first 200 years since the Pilgrims outlawed it, correctly labeling it as a holiday of Pagan origin, all the way into the 1800s.  Mid-Atlantic and Southern colonists were even less likely to be of Judeo-Christion religious belief, as they tended to be humanists and Deists, descendant of the enlightened British ruling class.  Our federal government did not start taking December 25 as a work holiday until about half way through the 1800's. All of these facts are historical.  But history and science are two sticking points for people like yourself - yet more irritations for the rational person confronting the superstitious Christian.

An atheist can't get through the day in this country without having religion thrown in his or her face.  I try to be tolerant.  But when I admit to being an atheist, Christians call me "Satanic:, and that I am going to "Hell".  Isn't that heartwarming?  I cannot remember the last day religion was not mentioned or thrown in my face some how, some way, by somebody.

I am not obsessed with god or religion.  You and your kind are.  You bombard me with it. You spend my tax dollars to glorify it.  You spend my tax dollars to wage wars on other people of contrasting religious beliefs, just as they have their governments spend tax dollars to wage war on me, my loved ones and my nation.  We are constantly caught in your cross-fires, both literal and figurative. 

You make it part of everything around us, because your weak, fearful mind cannot grasp human mortality and irrelevance compared to the vast universe.  It scares you.  So you imagine a sage, timeless, wise human form looking over you to protect you and reward you for things you should do anyway out of human decency, regardless of reward.

Christians would make more friends and win more sympathy/empathy if they tooka cue from Buddhists.  Buddhists don;t rage wars over religion.  They never throw it in anybody's face.  They practice it to themselves and their fellow believers.  They never try to recruit, so they never willfully push and manipulate people in recruitment, like Tebow's family does. Buddhists don't;t ask us to spend tax dollars to promote their religion or to ask us put it on our tax dollars.  My wife is a life-long Buddhist and she has never asked me to join in her religion, except to drive her to her temple when she did not yet drive, or to experience a festival.  No pushing.  No guilt.  No prevalence.  No manipulation.  NO insistence.  No condemnation.  So I have no problem with a religion when it respects my belief to be an atheist, as Buddhism does.

In short, you statement is just another Christian lie, this one steeped in jingoism.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Please stop eating your own feces. Immediately. Way to miss the entire point of a post.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

This is only a reflection of your pent up hatred,and anger due to your level of intelligence and ineptitude in understanding the basic principles of the point presented. If this is the depth and breath of your ability to respond to the points I presented, you would have been better off not responding.

"Better to say nothing and appear to be an idiot, that open your mouth and erase all doubt"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : So we are not allowed to defend ourselves against a constant barrage of superstition, at work, in sports forums, at family gatherings, at malls, on sidewalks, on TV, at sporting events...?  And when we do, we are accused of being obsessed with religion and your god? For just one thorough example, right now people like you are spewing bile at R.I.'s Governor Chaffee for his invitation to light the "holiday" tree, denouncing his wobbly attempt to walk the fine line of lawful separation of church and state vs. the appeasing unlawful sponsorship of a religious symbol on public land for the satisfaction of people like you.  He didn't wobble enough toward the later for the likes of you, I am certain, because he didn't call it a "Christmas tree.  (Never mind that "JESUS" was allegedly born in April, that the tree is a pagan symbol of fertility and regeneration, or that the name "JESUS" is actually a Hebrew acronym roughly translated to, "He whose name shall not be mentioned.") People like you are claiming this country has had Christmas at it's core from it's inception, but in fact, Christmas was not a widely celebrated holiday in the first 200 years since the Pilgrims outlawed it, correctly labeling it as a holiday of Pagan origin, all the way into the 1800s.  Mid-Atlantic and Southern colonists were even less likely to be of Judeo-Christion religious belief, as they tended to be humanists and Deists, descendant of the enlightened British ruling class.  Our federal government did not start taking December 25 as a work holiday until about half way through the 1800's. All of these facts are historical.  But history and science are two sticking points for people like yourself - yet more irritations for the rational person confronting the superstitious Christian. An atheist can't get through the day in this country without having religion thrown in his or her face.  I try to be tolerant.  But when I admit to being an atheist, Christians call me "Satanic:, and that I am going to "Hell".  Isn't that heartwarming?  I cannot remember the last day religion was not mentioned or thrown in my face some how, some way, by somebody. I am not obsessed with god or religion.  You and your kind are.  You bombard me with it. You spend my tax dollars to glorify it.  You spend my tax dollars to wage wars on other people of contrasting religious beliefs, just as they have their governments spend tax dollars to wage war on me, my loved ones and my nation.  We are constantly caught in your cross-fires, both literal and figurative.  You make it part of everything around us, because your weak, fearful mind cannot grasp human mortality and irrelevance compared to the vast universe.  It scares you.  So you imagine a sage, timeless, wise human form looking over you to protect you and reward you for things you should do anyway out of human decency, regardless of reward. Christians would make more friends and win more sympathy/empathy if they tooka cue from Buddhists.  Buddhists don;t rage wars over religion.  They never throw it in anybody's face.  They practice it to themselves and their fellow believers.  They never try to recruit, so they never willfully push and manipulate people in recruitment, like Tebow's family does. Buddhists don't;t ask us to spend tax dollars to promote their religion or to ask us put it on our tax dollars .  My wife is a life-long Buddhist and she has never asked me to join in her religion, except to drive her to her temple when she did not yet drive, or to experience a festival.  No pushing.  No guilt.  No prevalence.  No manipulation.  NO insistence.  No condemnation.  So I have no problem with a religion when it respects my belief to be an atheist, as Buddhism does. In short, you statement is just another Christian lie, this one steeped in jingoism.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

the length of your response proves my point.

Atheists are obsessed with God.  If Christians were as obsessed with God as atheists are, we'd be in church 24/7.

It really amuses me - just mention Jesus and then watch the Atheists come running.  They are trained so well.

it might be time for you to face a horrible fact - your entire life has been defined by your obsession with God.  You thought you were spitting in His face, when in reality you are obsessed with him.

Truly amusing. 

And if you want to work on Christmas - knock yourself out Mr. Atheist.  Why do you have opinions on our religious symbols?  Becuase you are obsessed with God.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : We-he-lll excuuuse me and every-one else for not making any sense... Look who's actin' like Mr HIGH & Mighty for bringing "something positive & simple at the core of an idea, for someone to take away" and "sense" and "a well rounded lesson" into the discussion.  Trying to pass these values off on us...well- Quite frankly you sir, make me s!ck.  We here were having a perfectly id!otic discussion, where our moral focus was quite aptly gradually lowering to heavier mud slinging coupled with just some very minor moral degradation on our opponents, ONLY to have You feel the need to chime on in with some common sense...  So well, chime Mr. Chimer, chime, chime, Chime RIGHT In with some more positive feelings!!  Ohhh, maybe I can maybe be polite to someone, Rather than carelessly breaking a minor law for no real reason= Is this the type'a "holier-than-thou" ya gonna start preaching me, Huh?!? Maybe then I can learn a lesson on what made me angry somewhere and try to make amends, rather than punch a hole in the wall, go on internet p0rn, play video games, Then forget how a hole got in my wall, the next morning???   Garbage like this!?!    Where Sir, do you get off having the nerve...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I'd enjoy reading if you didn't have run-on sentences and could make more readable sense. Just a thought...invest for Christmas while there's still time to effect the football season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : the length of your response proves my point. Atheists are obsessed with God.  If Christians were as obsessed with God as atheists are, we'd be in church 24/7. It really amuses me - just mention Jesus and then watch the Atheists come running.  They are trained so well. it might be time for you to face a horrible fact - your entire life has been defined by your obsession with God.  You thought you were spitting in His face, when in reality you are obsessed with him. Truly amusing.  And if you want to work on Christmas - knock yourself out Mr. Atheist.  Why do you have opinions on our religious symbols?  Becuase you are obsessed with God.

The length was to leave nothing to doubt.  Articulate, concise, specific.  

I have to listen to comments by Christians about Christianity on almost every day I go to work.  Not just at this job, but at all of the others ones before it with any number of people in a group. It's a drag and it wears on the rest of us, be us atheists, Muslims, Jews, mystics, Hindus or whatever.  Christians can't shut up about their beliefs.  So theocentric, ad nauseum. You are programmed to try to convince everybody that you are right ("chosen") and that if we don't join you we are wrong ("damned").  It is no different to me than those American Krishna's hassling people in airports in the 1970s and '80s. If that was not bad enough, your whole belief system is built upon lies, death, torture, oppression, corruptioon, manipulation, hypocrisy and exploitation.  Maybe that's all why it has been so enduring - those are powerful tools. And you label atheists "obsessed"? Yeah, right.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : the length of your response proves my point. Atheists are obsessed with God.  If Christians were as obsessed with God as atheists are, we'd be in church 24/7. It really amuses me - just mention Jesus and then watch the Atheists come running.  They are trained so well. it might be time for you to face a horrible fact - your entire life has been defined by your obsession with God.  You thought you were spitting in His face, when in reality you are obsessed with him. Truly amusing.  And if you want to work on Christmas - knock yourself out Mr. Atheist.  Why do you have opinions on our religious symbols?  Becuase you are obsessed with God.

Nice try.

You're like any other Christian. When anyone makes logical, rational, and legitimate points, you simply cover your ears and eyes, and starting stamping the floor and screaming.

You completely missed the point of his post, and my guess is that you chose not to read it, and instead repeated the same mindless rhetoric from before. 

The only people who are, "Trained so well..." are you Christians, who instead of having a rational discussion, simply ignore the other party and repeat what you're 'god' has told you to, or what you feel ever so strongly in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re:  My wife is a life-long Buddhist and she has never asked me to join in her religion, except to drive her to her temple when she did not yet drive, or to experience a festival.  No pushing.  No guilt.  No prevalence.  No manipulation.  NO insistence.  No condemnation.  So I have no problem with a religion when it respects my belief to be an atheist, as Buddhism does. In short, you statement is just another Christian lie, this one steeped in jingoism.

This nation was founded by a people who left the European continent in search of religious freedom. Religion and GOD were thanked and memorialized in all civic and national documents and occasions throughout history. The majority of the world has a belief in a creator and Lord. Yet even as you enjoy the benefits of the sacrifice of those who went before you, you wish to have there dependents bow before your lack of belief. You will be allowed to enjoy your lack of faith as guaranteed by our forefathers but the rest of the country will also be allowed to continue in their rights to practice and profess their beliefs as all their forefathers had. If you enter a house of worship do not expect it to change for your sake, just walk out again, If you are born into a house of worship and do not believe it is best just to leave. And if you feel out numbered fine because you are.

You may wish to speak to your wife of her beliefs because your religions are much more similar than you think, and yes atheism is a form of belief or religion. Nether of you believe in a creator or true form of GOD. And you may also believe in the five basic precepts of her faith. Nether of you see a reason to understand the creation or the end of time. And you can't deny the lives of the great social or religious teachers (profit's) in the history of the world. You may very well be a Buddhist convert in denial.

Lastly you refer to the terms Christians and Jingoism as some sort of insult. This prejudice in your attitude to one of the greatest entities to have walked the earth and loyalty to the country that gave you the freedom to say what you say is totaly atrocious and unacceptable. Are all Atheists to be grouped into one category and judged so?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : I'd enjoy reading if you didn't have run-on sentences and could make more readable sense. Just a thought...invest for Christmas while there's still time to effect the football season.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

You should know this.  With that post count you should know this, considering I've discussed this before...  I don't read any longer.  Well, I try not to; As little as possible, at least.  Definately not a whole book- Ah-haha, nooo.  I've even said this: I will purposely (Is that how you spell "purposely"?)- Either way, I will purposely avert my eyes when driving by even a billboard sign on the road.  Then If something's with me, and they say, "Wow you ARE a good driver," I will respond with the truth: "Nope=words...yuck!"  There's simply SO much info in them and in the collected world of literature, that I reason I'll eventually come across everything 1 way or another:  Take out menus, video game instruction booklets, some memo at work where I only read the first 2 senttences of paragraph 1, Internet p0rn categories...See?  I'll eventually hit on some of all that other stuff people are sayin' when I read these things.  

It's a new experience anyways.  I'd like to see what this world of illiteracy has to offer, before deciding for myself for good.      

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : And yet you can't stop talking about God and religion. This is the paradox of atheism:  Atheists are more obsessed with God than 99% of Christians.

I didn't have one word to say about God until you religious nuts came in here and started trying to cram your beliefs down everyone's throats. Most people are sick of it.

I'm sorry to burst your self absorbed bubble but 99% of atheists are the same way. We could care less about God until you bible thumpers come around and try to impose your beliefs on us, talk down to us (as if WE are the ones being irrational) and spout gibberish.

I get to decide what I think is rational. What is reasonable. And ultimately what I believe. Not you. I know that drives you people crazy. But if you want peaceful coexistence, you are going to have to accept that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re:   I have to listen to comments by Christians about Christianity on almost every day I go to work.

Maby there is something to it if the sheer number are overwhelming to you. But you do not have to listen. How are you being physicaly forced. 

It's a drag and it wears on the rest of us, be us atheists, Muslims, Jews, mystics, Hindus or whatever.

You find yourself competent to speak for all world religions. Or maby just the selfishness of your self.

your whole belief system is built upon lies, death, torture, oppression, corruption, manipulation, hypocrisy and exploitation.

You have deluded your self into an incoherent rant, the Christian system of belief is built on the life and teachings of the life of Christ. How do you correlate that with Lies death torture oppression corruption manipulation hypocrisy and exploitation?  You are sinking into nothing more than theatrics and outright lies in an attempt to insult a belief system that profess's forgiveness and charity. No organized faith currently or ever has been responsible for so much charity  and assistance to the needy of the world. Can you say the same of your "organized atheistic faith"
     Maybe that's all why it has been so enduring - those are powerful tools.

Truth and righteousness enduring and powerful tools.

And you label atheists "obsessed"?

I do not apply labels to any groups, but it does appear YOU are obsessed. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Nice try. You're like any other Christian. When anyone makes logical, rational, and legitimate points, you simply cover your ears and eyes, and starting stamping the floor and screaming. You completely missed the point of his post, and my guess is that you chose not to read it, and instead repeated the same mindless rhetoric from before.  The only people who are, "Trained so well..." are you Christians, who instead of having a rational discussion, simply ignore the other party and repeat what you're 'god' has told you to, or what you feel ever so strongly in.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Doyou think it is ratiuonal for a bunch of Atheists to have strong opinions about Tim Tebow's faith?  Why do you care?

You wouldn't know logic if it slapped you across the face.

The entire Atheist movement is defined by a God you don't believe in.  I'm sure that is frustrating and why you are so damned angry all the time.

this thread is the perfect illustration of your illogic.  "We atheists are soooooo sick of talking about Christianity that we have decided to show up and write incredibly long-winded posts about how sick of Christianity and Christians we truly are." 

It's like an SNL sketch!

But you remain obsessed with discussing Christianity and God. 

You won't catch me discussing NASCAR - ever.  I have no interest in it.

You who claim to be an Atheist spend inordinate amounts of time seeking arguments about God and Christianity.

Maybe you're just a little insecure.

But it is very amusing to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : I didn't have one word to say about God until you religious nuts came in here and started trying to cram your beliefs down everyone's throats. Most people are sick of it. I'm sorry to burst your self absorbed bubble but 99% of atheists are the same way. We could care less about God until you bible thumpers come around and try to impose your beliefs on us, talk down to us (as if WE are the ones being irrational) and spout gibberish. I get to decide what I think is rational. What is reasonable. And ultimately what I believe. Not you. I know that drives you people crazy. But if you want peaceful coexistence, you are going to have to accept that.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

Really?

So you, an enlightened and rational atheist, are shocked - SHOCKED I SAY! - that a thread entitled "Tim Tebow and Christianity" would attract a discussion on the Christian faith?

What kind of an enlightened, rational creature are you?

Only a drooling imbecile would think this was the thread that Atheists should come to in order to avoid a discussion of the Christian faith.

Like I said, you atheists are obsessed with God.  Anytime He is mentioned - you come running for Daddy.  Oh sure, you like to throw tantrums about how Daddy is mean and terrible.

But it is so obvious - you CRAVE His attention.  Just like little kids acting up to get Daddy to take notice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Now here's a typical example of Christian BS. If you don't belong to our church you are an atheist and therefore have no beliefs and are an immoral low life. You people just can't seem to accept that a person can be a good human being and live a moral life while at the same time refusing to prostrate themselves before your version of God. As for your 99% BS... Funny how those who indentify themselves as being morally superior just can't help but lie when it comes to promoting your church.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Doyou think it is ratiuonal for a bunch of Atheists to have strong opinions about Tim Tebow's faith?  Why do you care? You wouldn't know logic if it slapped you across the face. The entire Atheist movement is defined by a God you don't believe in.  I'm sure that is frustrating and why you are so damned angry all the time. this thread is the perfect illustration of your illogic.  "We atheists are soooooo sick of talking about Christianity that we have decided to show up and write incredibly long-winded posts about how sick of Christianity and Christians we truly are."  It's like an SNL sketch! But you remain obsessed with discussing Christianity and God.  You won't catch me discussing NASCAR - ever.  I have no interest in it. You who claim to be an Atheist spend inordinate amounts of time seeking arguments about God and Christianity. Maybe you're just a little insecure. But it is very amusing to me.

vast amounts of money, blood and cruelty have been and continue to be exercised on religious 'expression,' as chris pointed out. 

that fact bothers me tremendously. 

if i were an atheist, it would infuriate me. 

the fact it amuses you says more about you than it does him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]glenr, just because I'm from Michigan doesn't mean i am not a Patriots fan.  I am originally from the area and root for all boston teams.  And I am not preaching about Tebow.  I'm just tired of the media playing up all the thugs that play professional sports and they want to tear down Tebow.  Who do you want your kids to model themselves after?
    Posted by MichFan[/QUOTE]

Any parent who has to have their kids model themselves after someone other than themselves can't be a very good parent.

And here we go with the stupid false martyr act again. I don't know what media you watch but any that I've seen are split on Tebow's skills as a QB. I have never seen or heard a sports annalist mention his religion. Maybe you should stop getting your info exclusively from the 700 club and that lying dirtbag pat robertson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : I'd enjoy reading if you didn't have run-on sentences and could make more readable sense. Just a thought...invest for Christmas while there's still time to effect the football season.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Tossing insults now. Is this another example of Christian behavior?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Well, if that's not a cult, then...
      Tebow's says if you give him money for his orphan brain washing ministry in the Philioppines " your investment will have eternal significance."...........I can't believe the NFL is promoting child abbusers like the Tebows

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:  My wife is a life-long Buddhist and she has never asked me to join in her religion, 

Buddist's are cool...Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re:  My wife is a life-long Buddhist and she has never asked me to join in her religion,   Buddist's are cool...
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

So true.  And my wife is very, very cool.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : Now here's a typical example of Christian BS. If you don't belong to our church you are an atheist and therefore have no beliefs and are an immoral low life. You people just can't seem to accept that a person can be a good human being and live a moral life while at the same time refusing to prostrate themselves before your version of God. As for your 99% BS... Funny how those who indentify themselves as being morally superior just can't help but lie when it comes to promoting your church.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

I haven't mentioned a church and I haven't mentioned my beliefs prostrate or otherwise.

I'm just pointing out how silly you are.  You come to a thread that is expressly about Christianity, to discuss Christianity with the sole intent of complaining about how you are not a Christian and you are sick of Christianity.

That doesn't seem raional nor enlightened coming from a "Bright" such as you are.

As i said - I have zero interest in NASCAR.  You won't find me in NASCAR threads bemoaning the popularity of NASCAR, the rules of NASCAR, or whining about how I am sick of talking about NASCAR.

Pity that Atheists are unable to do likewise.  When they here "Jesus" the Atheists come a'runnin!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Tebow and Christianity: Is it the secret of his success? : vast amounts of money, blood and cruelty have been and continue to be exercised on religious 'expression,' as chris pointed out.  that fact bothers me tremendously.  if i were an atheist, it would infuriate me.  the fact it amuses you says more about you than it does him.
    Posted by fatsam72[/QUOTE]

Atheists need to lighten up.  They must be a lot of fun at dinner parties - eavesdropping on conversations - waiting to hear the word "god" so they can loudly declare their indignance.

Yes, I do find Atheists to be very amusing.  They literally live at odds with themselves and logic. 

Should I pity them instead?  Probably - but they are just so damned amusing.