time for a new fieldgoal kicker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: time for a new fieldgoal kicker

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's good statistically, but you never get the warm-n-fuzzies when he has to make one.

[/QUOTE]

Your full of KRAP. The guys one of the most consistent field goal kickers in the game and 8th on the ALL TIME NFL for accuracy among field goal kickers. Before today he was 9/10 this year. So he missed two today and now you want to replace him. Talk about a knee jerk reaction. Move to NYC and become a Jets Fan.

Just a suggestion !!

Hetch 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

he should be fine....glad he made that field goal at the end so his game wasnt a total waste today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who was the kicker during pre-season that kicked 3 FGs from over 50 yards - was that for Tampa Bay?

[/QUOTE]

we should give Kai Forbath a try - he kicked 2 FGs of 50+ (51 and 55) yards in the 3rd preseason game against us for Tampa Bay.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012082453/2012/PRE3/patriots@buccaneers#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm sticking behind Steven G. He can kick it a mile and if you remember Adam V missed a couple in the playoffs and Superbowl too. The guy kicks it out of the endzone and that eliminates the big play and potentially momentum changer. We wont carry 2 kickers and I'd have to choose a guy who can kick one 50 yards+  then a guy who can only kick 45. Missed kicks and fumbles are part of the game. No ones saying that Gronk isn't clutch and he dropped a couple biggies, has had penaltys *other games* and fumbled 2X.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I haven't given up on him but I surely feel less comfortable with him than with Vinatieri. At the least I'd have a couple of guys in the wings on speed-dial!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I simply disagree with the premise that Ghost should be replaced.  He's got a very good leg and is generally reliable.  Did his miss cost the Pats the AZ game?  Yes and no.  Yes because he makes it the Pats win. No because it never should have come down to that to begin with.  

I do think, however, that if he misses a few more, particularly in clutch situations, we may see BB make a move.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

.....  and when he wins the BIG game, all is forgotten.   Very typical of the "what have you done for me lately!" mentality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I simply disagree with the premise that Ghost should be replaced.  He's got a very good leg and is generally reliable.  Did his miss cost the Pats the AZ game?  Yes and no.  Yes because he makes it the Pats win. No because it never should have come down to that to begin with.  

I do think, however, that if he misses a few more, particularly in clutch situations, we may see BB make a move.

[/QUOTE]

This.  The guy misses 3 from 40+ yards, and suddenly he's a bum?  Please.  He booms kickoffs, is, as mentioned, the 8th most accurate kicker in NFL history, and the miss against Arizona was the first time he's missed a kick in the 4th quarter in his CAREER.

Read that again.  Until the AZ game, Ghost had NEVER missed in the 4th quarter.  Yet, he's not clutch.  Please.

He's going through a bad stretch now; his bad stretch is missing 3 long field goals.  It's a credit to the guy that a few field goal misses of 40+ yards is considered a slump.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Keep him.  Nobody else out there to get that would be more reliable.  I have started to hold my breath and wont have that good feeling every time he goes in for a FGA, especially with the game on the line.  But I think he is still a top kicker.