Time to cut Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from djrpats. Show djrpats's posts

Time to cut Maroney

He has had his chance and continues to come up empty.  If he isn't hurt he is running for 2 yards.  Cmon, how much longer will the Pats have to be in 3 and long and have to go to Faulk?   Maroney scares no team and doesn't add that needed element of attack the Pats need on the ground.  Eventually all the teams will know that the Pats can only go to the air, and then adjust their plan.  We cant afford another season of Laurence Maroney.  Cut him now and lets bring in a free agent.  Or keep him on the kick return team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjdkid100. Show mjdkid100's posts

Re: Time to cut Maroney

I think the problem last night was the O-Line. There were multiple defensive guys around him every time he got the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Time to cut Maroney:
    [QUOTE]I think the problem last night was the O-Line. There were multiple defensive guys around him every time he got the ball.
    Posted by mjdkid100[/QUOTE]

Taylor averaged less per carry than Maroney, should we cut him too?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

I still don't beleive Maroney needs to be cut. Just utilized a la Faulk. I agree. The O line needs to be a lot more consistent in protectecting the QB. When the offense spreads the field. Maroney has more space to run, cut and really make people miss with his quickness. He was never an up the gut runner. He doesn't have the size and strength for that. But out in the open. He is fast. I wouldn't cut him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Time to cut Maroney:
    [QUOTE]He has had his chance and continues to come up empty.  If he isn't hurt he is running for 2 yards.  Cmon, how much longer will the Pats have to be in 3 and long and have to go to Faulk?   Maroney scares no team and doesn't add that needed element of attack the Pats need on the ground.  Eventually all the teams will know that the Pats can only go to the air, and then adjust their plan.  We cant afford another season of Laurence Maroney.  Cut him now and lets bring in a free agent.  Or keep him on the kick return team.
    Posted by djrpats[/QUOTE]I guess we shouldn't let Maroney return kick offs either.You probably wanted Ben Watson cut before the game.Maroney played well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Maroney got the yards available to him last night.  He was really good on kick returns, and ran hard, without hesitation.  It's not his fault the O-line was pretty much manhandled all night.  On a number of his runs, he had no chance whatsoever.  You picked the wrong game to pick on Maroney.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Maroney can't run through a nonexistant hole. I had a bigger problem with the play calling in the running game and the O line work than I did with the backs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Time to cut Maroney : I guess we shouldn't let Maroney return kick offs either.You probably wanted Ben Watson cut before the game.Maroney played well. 
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

I thought he ran hard too.  It's not like he had large running lanes to run through.  I remember one play in particular, believe in the red zone when Maroney took a hand off and 5-6 Bills surrounded him immediately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Maroney did what he does, which is excel in space and stop dead in traffic.

He has his uses, but handling the ball between the tackles in short yardage situations ain't one of 'em.

I could not believe he got the call on fourth and inches on the opening drive.

Utter folly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

He had 10 carries. Unless he runs for 10 per carry, he's not getting 100 yards a game. He had 32. Brady threw 53 times. They didn't run the ball very much because it wasn't working. When they opened holes for him, Maroney ran for good yardage. When they didn't, he ran hard to try to get yards. It's the best he's played in a long while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

[QUOTE]He had 10 carries. Unless he runs for 10 per carry, he's not getting 100 yards a game. He had 32. Brady threw 53 times. They didn't run the ball very much because it wasn't working. When they opened holes for him, Maroney ran for good yardage. When they didn't, he ran hard to try to get yards. It's the best he's played in a long while.
    Posted by BatmanJWO[/QUOTE]

I agree.

No injuires. He did run a lot better. But can't run between the tackles for yards if the game depended  it on it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Im a huge Maroney hater - but last night is has no justification to CUT maroney. The dude played solid for us most of the game except for a few carries. Maroney's biggest flaw is that hes not decisive enough - but I liked how the Patriots were utilizing him more in open space. Fans need to consider the fact that the Patriots OLine isnt designed nor specializes in running. We dont have good RUN Blocking offensive linemen. Theyre good at pass protection and stepping backwards not forwards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

DJR

For your first post, you don't make sense.  The Pats took what the Bills gave them.  Maroney ran ok when he was in there.  Not his fault that the Bills D-Line played well.  You were probably calling for Watson to be cut a week ago too.  I hope post # 2 is better. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maroney looked a lot better than Tylor out there last night and I thought Maroney was running harder than most games he has played in the past.  Still amazed at how awesome Faulk still is and how he is still the clutch back.

If your anxouis to cut someone then how about looking at that O-line or Joey galloway, he didn't contribute at all last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

[QUOTE]He has had his chance and continues to come up empty.  If he isn't hurt he is running for 2 yards.  Cmon, how much longer will the Pats have to be in 3 and long and have to go to Faulk?   Maroney scares no team and doesn't add that needed element of attack the Pats need on the ground.  Eventually all the teams will know that the Pats can only go to the air, and then adjust their plan.  We cant afford another season of Laurence Maroney.  Cut him now and lets bring in a free agent.  Or keep him on the kick return team.
    Posted by djrpats[/QUOTE]

Maroney seemed to run ok... the times plays with him died he either was hit well behind the line the minute he touched the ball or did a run up the middle and the Bills stuffed the Pats O-line.

The plays that Maroney always excelled on were pitches and screens in the flat where he can work,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Maroney did what he does, which is excel in space and stop dead in traffic. He has his uses, but handling the ball between the tackles in short yardage situations ain't one of 'em. I could not believe he got the call on fourth and inches on the opening drive. Utter folly.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Where the hell was Sammy on those plays? Did he get injured and I missed it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

This is the common denominator. Good in space. Good on screens and good as a 4th option receiver. Most fans with common sense can see this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Colts seem to have the same problem.  The o-line are excellent pass blockers but really not great run blockers.  Its disheartening.  I think a back who expect to normally take hits from secondary players is much more agressive than backs who expect to be hit most often by d linemen and linebackers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

Maroney was the most productive RB last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

Bring back Heath Evans!  Does anyone out there think that his blocking ability and great hands catching passes out of the backfield would have made a big difference in the overall offense?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

EASY PAL.....JUST THE OPENING KICK OFF RESULT IS ENOUGH TO KEEP THE GUY ON THE ROSTER..LETS NOT GET CRAZY ONE GAME IN

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

"Im a huge Maroney hater..."

Geez, lighten up!

The guy has been plagued by injuries, not his fault.  He got a bad rap last year for avoiding a hit and running out of bounds in the last game he played.  HE HAD A SHOULDER INJURY, and would go on IR after the game.  The guy has had his moments, he's still young and he is apparently healthy.  It would be a big mistake to cut him.

The O-line was not at its best last night.  Also, the Bills were playing 8 in the box more and more as the game went on.  Maroney looked really good early in the game and then they took him out.  That I didn't get.  And don't forget about the nice kick-off retun he had to start the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by djrpats[/QUOTE]

ENOUGH MARONEY BASHING!! If you want to bash someone, bash the OL for creating zero running room for him. How many times was he hit behind the line of scrimmage? Jim Brown would be shut down if he ran behind this OL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

If any back should be gone it's Sammy Morris. maroney didn't have much blocking ,when he did he gained some some good yardage.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

So great to see the "majority" of posts having a clue today. Great job guys.

The person who started this post is obviously clueless.