In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Would Kraft ever consider the move, and let's say, hire Scott Pioli to be GM?

Or would BB rebel and quit or retire?

[/QUOTE]

Kraft does have the cajones to make any move. And BB, with his enormous ego, would certainly quit.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if he does or not.  He just signed him to another contract, so, I guess he's ok with BB still wearing two hats...

[/QUOTE]

Clearly, the old man is showing the early stages of alzheimers.  I mean, who on earth would want a GM/head coach who only got the team to 7 AFC championship games, 5 Super Bowls, and 3 Super Bowl victories over a 12-year period?  Talk about a weak resume!  Why would you accept such horrible performance, when there are so many superior options out there? 

I will now leave it to those who know so much more than I do, to list those superior options... 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who wouldn't want a guy who has made the playoffs once in 7 tries without Brady? LMAO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Time to fire the GM

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we should also get rid of the HC, the entire front office and demand Kraft sell the team.

[/QUOTE]

Why do you want to get rid of everybody except the one guy who is the problem?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the "Value" draft method is outdated.  Picking the best value on the board at the time it's your pick doesn't work any longer.  Go after highest priority position needs. End of story.

[/QUOTE]

As I have stated before, whatever your strategy, having early impact players is paramont in team building. Developing players is a suckers game these days. A rookie that takes 4 years to blossom and then is looking at FA is a poor use of resources.

Frankly, with the new rookie salary structure, trading up is a real good idea.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

Don't know how or why you think I'm not a Patriots fan, we seem to have a lot of the same thoughts regarding our team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think BB would be as effective as a coach if he didn't get to choose his players.

This doesn't hold a lot of water when you consider the fact BB's greatest success by far was with a team largely populated in key positions by players he did not bring in.

[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady, Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour, David Patten, Matt Light, Stephen Neal, Joe Andruzzi, Antowain Smith, Marc Edwards, JR Redmond, Patrick Pass, Jermaine Wiggins, Antwan Harris, Larry Izzo, Anthony Pleasant, Bobby Hamilton, Grey Reugamer, Byran Cox, Roman Phifer, Chris Sullivan, and Otis Smith were all Belichick pick ups who contributed to the 2001 Super Bowl season.  

These are exactly the kinds of BB pick ups that make him so unique as a GM.  A lot of them were hardly stars, but they worked well together. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think we should also get rid of the HC, the entire front office and demand Kraft sell the team.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady. Votes are in. 7-0 with a better Brady.

[/QUOTE]

7-0 with actual major league receivers dumbkoff.

Another day, another bludgeoning of the village imbecile.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think the "Value" draft method is outdated.  Picking the best value on the board at the time it's your pick doesn't work any longer.  Go after highest priority position needs. End of story.

[/QUOTE]

As I have stated before, whatever your strategy, having early impact players is paramont in team building. Developing players is a suckers game these days. A rookie that takes 4 years to blossom and then is looking at FA is a poor use of resources.

Frankly, with the new rookie salary structure, trading up is a real good idea.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

Don't know how or why you think I'm not a Patriots fan, we seem to have a lot of the same thoughts regarding our team.

[/QUOTE]

I replied and said that was a mistaken identity. I messed up that reply because I was multi-tasking.

You seem right on target with your views.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm Babe, Sarcasm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And did I mention that they're still in contention for a Super Bowl, how are those Falcons looking right now, good thing they have Julio Jones and their GM isn't afraid to spend those picks to move up into the high first round... laughable.

[/QUOTE]

Trading back every year for value works out so much better. Good thing BB ended up with Butler, Dowling, Chung, Brace etc right? Since Dimitroff has taken over Atl and NE have both won squat so stop acting like the Patriots are such a superior franchise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't think BB would be as effective as a coach if he didn't get to choose his players.

[/QUOTE]

This doesn't hold a lot of water when you consider the fact BB's greatest success by far was with a team largely populated in key positions by players he did not bring in.

[/QUOTE]

Tom Brady, Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour, David Patten, Matt Light, Stephen Neal, Joe Andruzzi, Antowain Smith, Marc Edwards, JR Redmond, Patrick Pass, Jermaine Wiggins, Antwan Harris, Larry Izzo, Anthony Pleasant, Bobby Hamilton, Grey Reugamer, Byran Cox, Roman Phifer, Chris Sullivan, and Otis Smith were all Belichick pick ups who contributed to the 2001 Super Bowl season.  

These are exactly the kinds of BB pick ups that make him so unique as a GM.  A lot of them were hardly stars, but they worked well together. 

[/QUOTE]

Faulk, Brown, Vinatieri, Rutledge, Woody, Bruschi, McGinist, Johnson, Jones, Milloy and Law were much more the heart and soul of that team than all but Brady and Seymour from your list (Brady a fantastically lucky pick btw). Mine includes 3 of the 4 pro-bowlers on that team.

So, nearly all the best players on that team BB did not provide. His #5 overall pick which he got from his 5-11 record the previous year was good, and Brady was probably the luckiest pick in NFL history. The rest of his contributions were NFL filler and nothing more.

I'll stand by what I said and point to you as ludicrous to try to spin it otherwise.

(btw, Neal was not on that team.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's false. The FAs in 2000 and 2001, the players he drafted in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, etc were all vital in the 3 SBs in 4 years.

[/QUOTE]

^ Nobody with a brain cares about the BS you constantly make up. State facts or zip it Megatool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Chris Jones just outplayed Sheldon Richardson on Sunday. By a mile.

bawahhaa

Cannot be made up.  BB finds a gem who was a 6th rd pick in the deep DT draft and your moron team wastes a 1st rd pick on one in Rd 1.

Tears!

Vellano and Chris Jones>Sheldon Richardson

NEXT.

Yes, Chris Jones, the guy that ultimately caused the Patriots to lose played great. Bwahahahahah good analysis queerbanger

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Would Kraft ever consider the move, and let's say, hire Scott Pioli to be GM?

Or would BB rebel and quit or retire?

[/QUOTE]

Kraft does have the cajones to make any move. And BB, with his enormous ego, would certainly quit.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if he does or not.  He just signed him to another contract, so, I guess he's ok with BB still wearing two hats...

[/QUOTE]

Clearly, the old man is showing the early stages of alzheimers.  I mean, who on earth would want a GM/head coach who only got the team to 7 AFC championship games, 5 Super Bowls, and 3 Super Bowl victories over a 12-year period?  Talk about a weak resume!  Why would you accept such horrible performance, when there are so many superior options out there? 

I will now leave it to those who know so much more than I do, to list those superior options... 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who wouldn't want a guy who has made the playoffs once in 7 tries without Brady? LMAO

[/QUOTE]

So are you suggesting that BB is no better at coaching now then he was in his first five years as a head coach?  Sorry, I don't buy that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I've said for years here to appreciate it and see this as historical, but I also think Brady blowing it in SBs, staring down the barrel of another ring, and squandering those opps with poor play, is something he'll regret the rest of his life. Welkie will.

[/QUOTE]

Brady will regret that BB gave him an O-line that choked on their own skirts in SB42.

And he will also regret that BB gave him defenses that choked and let Eli make himeslf a legend off their collapses in both SB42 and SB46.

THOSE are the facts dumbkoff. LMAO@U

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

BB handpicked Brady when looking for a new QB  to groom in that draft. End of story.

[/QUOTE]

I have already destroyed you with facts on this issue many times LIAR.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I don't see how BB could work with another separate GM while he is coach.

BB is best suited to perform both HC and GM roles because his coaching and player selection are integral to each other. For BB, player selection is more than fitting the pieces of the puzzle together. He selects players based on their ability to adapt, fit roles and progress in the system and through his coaching he develops them to fit that system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Matt Light was a draft pick in 2001. 2nd RD. Went to go to 5 SBs, protecting Brady's blind side for a decade.

Mike Vrable, Bobby Hamilton, Roman Phifer, David Patten, Terrell Buckley and those kinds of moves were not "filler" at all.   We don't win those SBs without those players.  

Anthony Pleasant, Mike Compton, et al, were also key players.

[/QUOTE]

Faulk, Brown, Vinatieri, Rutledge, Woody, Bruschi, McGinist, Johnson, Jones, Milloy and Law.

YOU LOSE AGAIN DUM BASS! LMAO@U

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB is best suited to perform both HC and GM roles because his coaching and player selection are integral to each other. For BB, player selection is more than fitting the pieces of the puzzle together. He selects players based on their ability to adapt, fit roles and progress in the system and through his coaching he develops them to fit that system.

[/QUOTE]

Well he sure worked well with players Parcells and Carrol picked for him. Won 3 SBs with them. What has he done since he picks all his own guys?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

It was funny watching you claim above that BB didn't bring anyone in here to help with the dynasty, too.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't say that, LIAR!

Another day, another lie from the village imbecile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So are you suggesting that BB is no better at coaching now then he was in his first five years as a head coach?  Sorry, I don't buy that.

I haven't said a negative word about his coaching in this thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well he sure worked well with players Parcells and Carrol picked for him. Won 3 SBs with them. What has he done since he picks all his own guys?

[/QUOTE]

All his picks have not been perfect but he has gotten enough of them right to achieve consistent success. Picking Tom Brady and developing him when we had 3 other QB's on the roster was insightful and courageous. Dragging Corey Dillon, Randy Moss (and Wes Welker) off the scrap heaps for little cost was brilliant.

The problem for BB and all really successful people is that everyone copies you and builds their success off yours, making it harder on you to use the same formula year after year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Faulk, Brown, Vinatieri, Rutledge, Woody, Bruschi, McGinist, Johnson, Jones, Milloy and Law were much more the heart and soul of that team than all but Brady and Seymour from your list (Brady a fantastically lucky pick btw). Mine includes 3 of the 4 pro-bowlers on that team.

So, nearly all the best players on that team BB did not provide. His #5 overall pick which he got from his 5-11 record the previous year was good, and Brady was probably the luckiest pick in NFL history. The rest of his contributions were NFL filler and nothing more.

I'll stand by what I said and point to you as ludicrous to try to spin it otherwise.

(btw, Neal was not on that team.)

[/QUOTE]

You completely missed the point that BB's strength is getting the right combination of players onto the team.  Big plays were made in the 2001 Super Bowl by relatively unsung guys like Otis Smith, Antwan Harris, Terrell Buckley, David Patten, Jermaine Wiggins, and even JR Redmond.  Plus you've got the contributions of Antowain Smith, Richard Seymour, and Mike Vrabel . . . This is the point.  BB brings in a bunch of complementary players that makes the whole perform better than its parts.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was funny watching you claim above that BB didn't bring anyone in here to help with the dynasty, too.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't say that, LIAR!

Another day, another lie from the village imbecile.

[/QUOTE]

Frankie Fitts unglued, folks.^^

[/QUOTE]

LMAO@ the never married, almost 40, never had kids/never will, never mentioned a girlfriend, gay rights activist calling other people what he actually is!

You always sink to this when you've been owned junior. You are Megatool!

Found any clients for your dry-well lately light in the loafers?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-90mZBTaMxTs/UR-ia5Fe6vI/AAAAAAAARzo/UXthUxPdWM4/s1024/Serial%2520Killer%2520%25E2%2580%259CBuffalo%2520Bill%25E2%2580%259C%2520%2528Ted%2520Levine%2529%2520Bild%2520II.jpg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Nice pic Babe. Believe it or not, that pic you posted looks a lot like Russ. I have seen Russ's picture before.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Picking Tom Brady and developing him when we had 3 other QB's on the roster was insightful and courageous.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Grier and Rehbein showed great insight regarding Brady, with Rehbein finally pestering BB into taking him with a virtual throwaway pick.

I don't know how much development was done when the guy won a SB in his second year. But BB surely liked what he saw and heard from Tom, or he wouldn't have kept him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Dragging Corey Dillon, Randy Moss (and Wes Welker) off the scrap heaps for little cost was brilliant.

[/QUOTE]

The best thing BB has done as a GM is his trades. But then, for every Moss and Welker, there has been a Starks and Haynsworth.