Time to fire the GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Time to fire the GM

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice pic Babe. Believe it or not, that pic you posted looks a lot like Russ. I have seen Russ's picture before.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Kraft isn't the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to football. Good business guy though.

We are honored and humbled that you are here to enlighten us with your infinite wisdom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I believe if my math was correct they are 32-12 outside the division since 2009. I only bring this up because many here get the false impression this team only wins becasue of the so called "weak" division they play in. I would venture to guess without knowing that this record is most likely one of the top 5 in the entire league. What makes it even more impressive is that they play a 1st place schedule every year which means they get Indy/Hou, balt/Pitt, Den...

When TB & BB are gone these boards will be even more ridiculous then they are now. 

Your math is correct. The Patriots have a .727 winning percentage outside the division since 2009. I would guess that would be the best in the NFL over that time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Faulk, Brown, Vinatieri, Rutledge, Woody, Bruschi, McGinist, Johnson, Jones, Milloy and Law were much more the heart and soul of that team than all but Brady and Seymour from your list (Brady a fantastically lucky pick btw). Mine includes 3 of the 4 pro-bowlers on that team.

So, nearly all the best players on that team BB did not provide. His #5 overall pick which he got from his 5-11 record the previous year was good, and Brady was probably the luckiest pick in NFL history. The rest of his contributions were NFL filler and nothing more.

I'll stand by what I said and point to you as ludicrous to try to spin it otherwise. 

(btw, Neal was not on that team.)

[/QUOTE]

In 1996 Bill Belichick took over assistant head coach duties and the defense for the Patriots under Bill Parcells, until that point Parcells wasn't over 500% in wins as head coach. 

That year they drafted Lawyer Milloy and Tedy Bruschi, finished 11-5 with the defense jumping from 25th the year prior to 14th in points. 

Saying Belichick had no say in the decision to draft these defensive players along with giving Parcells his only two playoff victories with the Pats is baloney, especially since you give credit to every staff member on BB's staff including the waterboys for picking Brady except for him.

Pete Carroll, apparently a coaching and GM genius in Seattle now, could do nothing well in New England with these same players...

Belichick picked Brady, Seymour and a bushel of other draftees and free agents who we never would have won three Super Bowls without and has continued to win long after all of the players here prior to his arrival were long gone; game over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The dude is showing his advanced age.  I'm not even sure Brady will be able to bail his azzzz out this year.

[/QUOTE]

The current coach goes with the GM. 31 other teams will likely line up to take both. Hey, the good news is that we will probably get a first round pick for both of them, which the next GM can blow, which will inevitably get the next coach fired. And then we can slowly settle into the warm embrace of long-term mediocrity we enjoyed for 3 decades before Parcells and Belichick showed up. Undecided

[/QUOTE]

Correction.  31 other teams would line up to take BB the coach. The 31 other teams would most likely pass on BB the GM. BB, the GM, has always had the luxury of having a HOF coach and a HOF QB. And in the last 12 years of Brady's career, the PATS will go 0 for 12 in SB wins. Of course, TB winning 3 rings isn't guaranteed. But it's a darn good bet, given Belichick's embarassing record in the draft and even worse record of acquiring FA's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Well he sure worked well with players Parcells and Carrol picked for him. Won 3 SBs with them. What has he done since he picks all his own guys?

Belichick drafted and started Brady over the 100 million dollar man Drew Bledsoe even after he returned healthy despite the consternation from ownership who wanted to hand the reins back to Bledsoe. 

Your stubborness to blatantly deny and ignore BB drafting Brady is where your failed, pathetic theory falls flat on it's face.  Also without BB drafting Seymour the Patriots don't win any of those three Super Bowls; fact. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man, what folks say here after a loss.  "The sky is falling!".  How about being a fan of the Bucs or Giants at this time of the season.  Which do you prefer, 5-2, 1-6 or 0-7 as a record with all that is going on with the team?

[/QUOTE]

Your post is termed a "false choice." The point is we are all PATS fans and some of us have higher expectations than just making the playoffs year after year. And some of us are acutely aware that the TB window is closing. Belichick's record, without TB, supports the contention that Brady has always been BB's meal ticket. BB's record as a HC in 7 seasons is 43-52 with 1 playoff appearance. And BB is 16-16 as PATS HC with ZERO playoff appearances, without TB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

I think the "Value" draft method is outdated.  Picking the best value on the board at the time it's your pick doesn't work any longer.  Go after highest priority position needs. End of story.

Wrong. Finishing AFC runner-up and Super Bowl runner-up the last two seasons debunks that theory. Where's the proof that other teams do it better? Every team is trying to win the super bowl. 31 teams fail every year. By your argument, none of those team's draft method works.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Correction.  31 other teams would line up to take BB the coach. The 31 other teams would most likely pass on BB the GM. BB, the GM, has always had the luxury of having a HOF coach and a HOF QB. And in the last 12 years of Brady's career, the PATS will go 0 for 12 in SB wins. Of course, TB winning 3 rings isn't guaranteed. But it's a darn good bet, given Belichick's embarassing record in the draft and even worse record of acquiring FA's.

[/QUOTE]

Belichick would be hired the same day we let him go, don't get it twisted.  The notion that we would fire him or try to wrest player personnel decisions from him is stupid on such a collosal scale it can't be comprehended by the minds of men.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the "Value" draft method is outdated.  Picking the best value on the board at the time it's your pick doesn't work any longer.  Go after highest priority position needs. End of story.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Finishing AFC runner-up and Super Bowl runner-up the last two seasons debunks that theory. Where's the proof that other teams do it better? Every team is trying to win the super bowl. 31 teams fail every year. By your argument, none of those team's draft method works.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Again, the Falcons wanted the best receiver in the draft, traded everything to go up to get him, now they've suffered injuries about half as bad as the Patriots and the doors have fallen off.  Oh yeah and they still have their pro bowl QB...  it's threads like this one that make me a proponent of eugenics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

The point is we are all PATS fans and some of us have higher expectations than just making the playoffs year after year.

[/QUOTE]

Ponder the stupidity of this statement for a moment... hold your breath for 20 minutes, than get back to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He's easily been the worst GM in football over the last three seasons...sad, but true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. 

+--------------------------------------------------

But the thread is "Time to fire the GM" so, obviously, BB is not the guy 'everyone' wants running this org (as GM).  What can be said about 'everyone' is everyone has their own opinion, and has the right to their own opinion (especially on a sports forum), without somebody taking on the role as retranslator and hijacking their opinion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. 

But the thread is "Time to fire the GM" so, obviously, BB is not the guy 'everyone' wants running this org (as GM).  What can be said about 'everyone' is everyone has their own opinion, and has the right to their own opinion (especially on a sports forum), without somebody taking on the role as retranslator and hijacking their opinion.

[/QUOTE]

But you edited my comment to suit your need...what I actually said was;

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. I believe I speak for any sane person when I say that. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. I believe I speak for any sane person when I say that. 

[/QUOTE]

You won't find many of those type of posters around here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It appears to me that of the hand ful of critical comments made, when pushed, that handful would still want BB as GM. Sure, the are going to be a couple who really want him out, but no one here thinks TCal posts are all that sane anyways...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That explains everything.  Those who don't agree with you are insane.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, not what I said...it has nothing to do with agreeing with me. What I said is no sane person really wants BB out as GM. 

Whata are y an expert of Mike, embarrassing yourself?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The point is we are all PATS fans and some of us have higher expectations than just making the playoffs year after year.

[/QUOTE]

Ponder the stupidity of this statement for a moment... hold your breath for 20 minutes, than get back to me.

[/QUOTE]

Wozzy

As you know, the problem is not with BB as GM; it is with some of our posters whose expectations are not only unrealistic but spoiled and arrogant.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, not what I said...it has nothing to do with agreeing with me. What I said is no sane person really wants BB out as GM. 

Whata are y an expert of Mike, embarrassing yourself?

[/QUOTE]

The point is you speak for no one but yourself. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's easily been the worst GM in football over the last three seasons...sad, but true.

[/QUOTE]

Let's take a look at the last three seasons...2012, AFC championship game; 2011, Super Bowl; 2010, home field playoff game.  Based on these results, I must assume that you are of the opinion that a good GM avoids success like this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's take a look at the last three seasons...2012, AFC championship game; 2011, Super Bowl; 2010, home field playoff game.  Based on these results, I must assume that you are of the opinion that a good GM avoids success like this.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you took BB's record since 2005, he would be the guy "who can't win the big ones". It's only his record with players he did not acquire that keeps him from being the second coming of the Buffalo Bills of the early 90s. Fact.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Actually, if you took BB's record since 2005, he would be the guy "who can't win the big ones". It's only his record with players he did not acquire that keeps him from being the second coming of the Buffalo Bills of the early 90s. Fact.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.  THis is a very interesting thought to ponder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, you believe wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It appears to me that of the hand ful of critical comments made, when pushed, that handful would still want BB as GM. Sure, the are going to be a couple who really want him out, but no one here thinks TCal posts are all that sane anyways...

[/QUOTE]

It's pretty simple. The homers would be defending him if he was in the slammer for murder 1 instead of AH. That's why their non-objective analysis is contaminated and therefore worthless.

Objective opinions are always worth 1000X more than a kool-aide guzzlers. Do you take drunkards seriously?