Time to fire the GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Time to fire the GM

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Actually, if you took BB's record since 2005, he would be the guy "who can't win the big ones". It's only his record with players he did not acquire that keeps him from being the second coming of the Buffalo Bills of the early 90s. Fact.

Those early 90s Bills were very good and fun to watch. So, 2nd place or 32nd place, it's all the same to  you. I always enjoy the ride, even if the destination didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    Actually, if you took BB's record since 2005, he would be the guy "who can't win the big ones". It's only his record with players he did not acquire that keeps him from being the second coming of the Buffalo Bills of the early 90s. Fact.
    [/QUOTE]
    Those early 90s Bills were very good and fun to watch. So, 2nd place or 32nd place, it's all the same to  you. I always enjoy the ride, even if the destination didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped.

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're happy being the 90s Bills. We could have been much more with a better GM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm glad you're happy being the 90s Bills. We could have been much more with a better GM.

A better GM? You mean like the pitiful Steelers and Giants have?

The 90s Bills had a hall of fame owner, a hall of fame coach and hall of fame players on both sides of the ball. Even that wasn't enough to win a super bowl. It's not as easy as you make it out to be.

Oh, and I'm glad you're glad I'm happy. I wish you could be too. LMAO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. 

+--------------------------------------------------

But the thread is "Time to fire the GM" so, obviously, BB is not the guy 'everyone' wants running this org (as GM).  What can be said about 'everyone' is everyone has their own opinion, and has the right to their own opinion (especially on a sports forum), without somebody taking on the role as retranslator and hijacking their opinion.

[/QUOTE]

But you edited my comment to suit your need...what I actually said was;

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. I believe I speak for any sane person when I say that. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, you believe wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Babe, no worries. I never assumed you sane. Good fan, knowledgeable, but obsessiveness is not sane behavior. I enjoy your take on things football related. your observations give me pause to look at things from another point of view. Unfortunately sane Babe is with us only when toolbag Harvey is off line. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's easily been the worst GM in football over the last three seasons...sad, but true.

[/QUOTE]

Let's take a look at the last three seasons...2012, AFC championship game; 2011, Super Bowl; 2010, home field playoff game.  Based on these results, I must assume that you are of the opinion that a good GM avoids success like this.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess I had better take another look at those Super Bowl wins.  Apparently, it wasn't TB who was qb at the time.

This league has been designed for parody.  Consequently, once you get it down to the last couple of teams in the Super Bowl it becomes a matter of execution and a little luck of the bounce of the ball. 

Fact is, pretty much all five Super Bowls that the Patriots have been in with BB have come down to the last couple of minutes before being won or lost.  They could be 0-5 just as easily as they could 5-0.  The good news is, they're 3-2.  The better news is, BB keeps this team competitive so that it is always in the hunt at the end of the season.  As a fan, with reasonable expectations, that keeps me quite satisfied.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. 

+--------------------------------------------------

But the thread is "Time to fire the GM" so, obviously, BB is not the guy 'everyone' wants running this org (as GM).  What can be said about 'everyone' is everyone has their own opinion, and has the right to their own opinion (especially on a sports forum), without somebody taking on the role as retranslator and hijacking their opinion.

[/QUOTE]

But you edited my comment to suit your need...what I actually said was;

Let's not go over the cliff of ridiculous. BB is still the guy everyone wants running and coaching this org. I believe I speak for any sane person when I say that. 

[/QUOTE]

You won't find many of those type of posters around here.

[/QUOTE]

It appears to me that of the hand ful of critical comments made, when pushed, that handful would still want BB as GM. Sure, the are going to be a couple who really want him out, but no one here thinks TCal posts are all that sane anyways...

[/QUOTE]

It's pretty simple. The homers would be defending him if he was in the slammer for murder 1 instead of AH. That's why their non-objective analysis is contaminated and therefore worthless.

Objective opinions are always worth 1000X more than a kool-aide guzzlers. Do you take drunkards seriously?

[/QUOTE]

What's truly funny is the fact that you consider yourself objective.  Fact is, you have one of the most slanted opinions in here.  You just seem to think that by dismissing other peoples' opinions as stupid, somehow that raises you above everybody else.  In reality, it just makes you seem very narrow minded and does nothing but cause people to dismiss your opinions, whether they might be valid or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's easily been the worst GM in football over the last three seasons...sad, but true.

[/QUOTE]

Let's take a look at the last three seasons...2012, AFC championship game; 2011, Super Bowl; 2010, home field playoff game.  Based on these results, I must assume that you are of the opinion that a good GM avoids success like this.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess I had better take another look at those Super Bowl wins.  Apparently, it wasn't TB who was qb at the time.

This league has been designed for parody.  Consequently, once you get it down to the last couple of teams in the Super Bowl it becomes a matter of execution and a little luck of the bounce of the ball. 

Fact is, pretty much all five Super Bowls that the Patriots have been in with BB have come down to the last couple of minutes before being won or lost.  They could be 0-5 just as easily as they could 5-0.  The good news is, they're 3-2.  The better news is, BB keeps this team competitive so that it is always in the hunt at the end of the season.  As a fan, with reasonable expectations, that keeps me quite satisfied.

[/QUOTE]

The Jets, at least, are definitely better designed for parody than parity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  So true. 

Thanks for pointing that out.  You know, I thought that didn't look right when I wrote it.  My wife and I have always told our kids to take the time to check the dictionary when they aren't sure about a word. 

Looks like I need to take some of my own advice!

Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  So true. 

Thanks for pointing that out.  You know, I thought that didn't look right when I wrote it.  My wife and I have always told our kids to take the time to check the dictionary when they aren't sure about a word. 

Looks like I need to take some of my own advice!

Cool

[/QUOTE]

That's okay.  It was one of the funnier things I read this morning!  Glad you didn't look it up!

(In fact, I might steal that phrase--it's kind of funny whenever the NFL does something stupid.)