Time To Panic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

Time To Panic?

We got spanked by the fins today, but does it mean we should panic?

I hate that the cliche: "Defenses win championships", but there is a lot of validity in that statement. I think that the Fins' exposed a lot of our weaknesses on defense today. But I don't think we should panic.

Although the Fins' have been one of the worst teams for the past 5 years or so, they've always had a very good defense. They just never had a good running back who wasn't smoking maryJane or a decent QB. Now they have all three, and there was no way that the Fins' were going to be as dismal as they were for the past couple years. All in all I think that the Fins were shaky the first two games of the season was because Pennington really hasn't looked comfortable and the Fins' secondary has been untested. The Fins' really don't have a bad team on paper. The Fins game plan today with all the short yardage gains on short passes is very similar to the what the Pats have been doing the past couple years. The Fins gave us a taste of our medicine.

I am confident the Pats will learn from their mistakes in this game and they'll move forward. The hoodie knows how to fix a lot of the mistakes that occurred in this game. The veteran leaders on the team know what to do. Hopefully Cassell will get some much needed work in with Moss and the other WRs during the bye-week, and hopefully the O-line will learn how to open up some holes for our RBs.

Lastly, it is only the third game of the season. We got plenty of time to get better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Time To Panic?

The Bills are looking very tough and very hungry as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Servmgr. Show Servmgr's posts

Time To Panic?

I am a diehard pats fan, but I never seen them look so bad, offense and defense. How did they keep getting fooled by the same play ? I think they need the bye week, but they need to start chucking the ball down the field, they are very predictable right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Time To Panic?

The Patriots had a defense on the field today? I didn't see them! How could they be fooled by the SAME play over and over??? I don't think Cassel played all that bad, though he made a few bonehead throws. The O-line sure didn't step up, either. This was the worst performance I've seen from this team since the 21-0 whipping by the Fins almost two years ago! Let's hope they use the bye week to good purpose. The pass rush needs to be a bit quicker, as they seem to be getting to the QB one second too late too often. The red zone offense is horrible. No way this team goes anywhere in January until the defense and the red zone offense is fixed. I suppose it was just an "off" day, but they seemed WAY off. Giving up 38 points to the fish? At least the Colts also lost, and the best the Chargers can be is 1-2. Pittsburgh lost, too. Who'd have thought the division leaders in the AFC would be Buffalo, Tennessee, Denver, and Baltimore? Well, it's only week three. But this team has quite a bit of tweaking to do before we can hope for any chance at a Super Bowl!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

Time To Panic?

I agree - I started to panic 7 minutes into the KC game.

No matter what AFC team heads to the SuperBowl this year, the NFC team will win!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Time To Panic?

Man---we are a spoiled bunch. We have 13 games left--we're 2-1 not 0-3. Granted, nobody showed up today--not even the coaching staff. But it's a long season. I know some people out there are tired of hearing that. But it's the truth. Panic if you have no confidence in our roster. Otherwise hang in there and I believe we will be in the playoffs. After that---anything can happen--have faith in this team. They are very good---just didn't look like that today. But it was only 1 game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Time To Panic?

You bet your fanny I'm panicing.

What else is a true fan-atic supposed to do?

Live in the past (can't do anything about the past)?

Live in the future (ain't here yet)?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobydew. Show scoobydew's posts

Time To Panic?

[Quote]Panic. I started about 7 minutes into the Chiefs game.[/Quote]

Voice of reason....losing MVP and 40 pts a game offense reveals all the weaknesses both on offense and defense. Now the defense has to defend the run for 4 quarters. And they are not up to it. I have to laugh about the mighty Dolphins running game that was zero against the Jets and Cardinals (mighty defenses there).

Wait until the stud RBs start drooling at seeing the Pats on their schedule.

Pats and Colts have this in common - they can not stop the run. And their clockwork offenses have ground to a halt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

Time To Panic?

didnt even know that the defense dressed for the game today they will be better, and cassel will be better

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from peasey. Show peasey's posts

Time To Panic?

Panic? Guys what week are we in again? Week 3! We got the bye next week I believe. Today was a wake up call and I'd rather it happen now then week 16. Lighten up guys, it's a long season,, we are still 2 and 1. Feel free to correct me but the only team with a better record than that in the whole AFC is the bills and the broncos. It's a long way to go,, bring this topic up again if these games start to happen more often

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Time To Panic?

BB needs to figure out the problem on defense. i can tell you right now, if a rookie (mayo) is the leading tackler every game, that means he fast, our defense is slow, the secondary is slow exxept for the rookies. dwhere was the d-line rush today.

BB needs to put a fire iron up mcdaniels a$$ to come up with a better gameplan, too conservative. i think KO should start the next game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Time To Panic?

Panic, No. It's time to accept! Accept the fact that the Pats are not the same team without Brady, Accept the fact that that their are no geniuses, no pro bowlers without Brady at QB. The OL should have been addressed in the offseason, no excuse why it wasn't. Matt Cassel stinks you say, he was never supposed to be good, that's why he never started a game in college.
    The Dolphins are a horrible team and this Pats team just made them look like Superbowl contenders. This humble pie crap isn't going to fly this season, if the Pats have more game like this, then fans deserve more than one word crap answers.