Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB

Tired of the all national media heads trashing BB concerning this trade. They are all coming to Randy's defense and declaring that the pats have officially mailed in the season. none of them are coming out and even suggesting that Randy's character/contract situation/age had anything to do with this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB

At least the band wagon fans will jump off now. Let em pile on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB:
    [QUOTE]Tired of the all national media heads trashing BB concerning this trade. They are all coming to Randy's defense and declaring that the pats have officially mailed in the season. none of them are coming out and even suggesting that Randy's character/contract situation/age had anything to do with this.
    Posted by ponyoto[/QUOTE]

It's been going on for years so get used to it. The media is always pushing for the next best new thing and for someone who gives them entertaining sound bytes and controversy. The Pats contending is old and BB is the least entertaining coach in football. Sports 'reporting' has little to do with the actual playing of the sport.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Talk about a gift wrapped package being dropped in the media's lap!!! Now the Monday night game Vikings at the Jets on ESPN will probably be the most watched game ever. Revis, Farve, Moss and Rex (overjoyed that the Patriots traded Moss)--you can't make these storylines up. I know I'll be watching.
    Besides Belichick gives the media something EVERY year

and not true about ALL piling on . The smart ones understand why

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

we should be used to that by now...i am more sick of the national media stroking the vikings like they just made the most brilliant move in the history of the league, lets size em for the rings right now. this was bb's doing, he apparently kept minny in his back pocket until he felt needed them.

i am still not thrilled with the trade personally (at at least the timing of it)...sitting at 3-1 with all the leverage on moss since he is in a contract year, i wouldve used him the rest of the way and let him walk..but hey, whats done is done.

favre to moss, a match made in hell. 2 self serving egotistical gray beards that put team second, they're perfect for eachother. if TFB began developing bad habits trying to force the ball to moss what do you thinks gonna happen with favre, the nfl's alltime bonehead mistake leader at QB?

dont get me wrong, moss will be motivated, and there will be plenty of highlights...but i anticipate favre's fair share of lowlights and bad decisions too..he is a shell of his former self at this point.

biggest winner in all of this?? adrian peterson's stats the rest of the way...he's already having a really good season and now he is gonna have moss taking a safety outta the box and dragging em downfield...

the best perspective i read on this nationally came from jason whitlock actually...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Tired of the all national media heads trashing BB concerning this trade. They are all coming to Randy's defense and declaring that the pats have officially mailed in the season. none of them are coming out and even suggesting that Randy's character/contract situation/age had anything to do with this.
    Everyone turned to look the other way when Moss came here to the Pats. Now he is who you thought he was. It's not a question of his character, it's the attention he draws when he's split out. There are maybe two corner that can cover him in lock on. That's what the issue is here. If the cheap Krafts would have just paid this guy they wouldn't have this circus going on right now. You reap what you sow. Whenever the FO and BB are caught up in a contract dispute or any player draws any attention to himself, he's disposed of. Bite their noses to spite their faces. Everyone is dispensable and are regarded as bad apples. Don't rock BB's boat or you're gone. That applies to TB as well. That's why he plays the game and pretentiously speaks highly of the yokos up top. And Tate is no replacement for Randy. This is their biggest fu cking blunder ever. Morons. Hope the Jets rip them a new one. Arrogant as sholes. My 2 dollars.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

All you idiots who were calling moss a distraction.

TRADING HIM IS THE BIGGEST DISTRACTION OUT THERE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB:
    [QUOTE]Talk about a gift wrapped package being dropped in the media's lap!!! Now the Monday night game Vikings at the Jets on ESPN will probably be the most watched game ever. Revis, Farve, Moss and Rex (overjoyed that the Patriots traded Moss)--you can't make these storylines up. I know I'll be watching. Besides Belichick gives the media something EVERY year and not true about ALL piling on . The smart ones understand why
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

The smart ones are few and far inbetween. As for BB giving the media something every year...you're right they get one sound byte per season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I love the Pats and hope they succeed. But to get rid of a player who scored 50 TD's in 50 games and wanted to stay here is stupid. BB and the Pats deserve every bit of criticism that comes there way. They backstabbed moss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

I agree on the Whitlock piece......its definetly worth a read.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

im kinda pysched to see the "collapsing defenses" theory play out...

i think we definately have speed that can stretch the field so I cant wait to see how we do that going forward... bill talked about the other day that the offense now with the te formations causes defenses to have to plan for all possiblities..which he noted they wont possibly be able to do...  i dont see them dropping off a guy with 4.3 speed whether he is moss or not....  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Just more material for the board. Look at how they responded when their own newspaper picked against them. Think of the ammo they have know since everyone is basically that the Pats were Moss and the season was on his shoulders alone

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

I hate it too, but think how rewardinng this will be win they win another SB in the future.

There is fear by the media, that they'll have to admit (AGAIN), that BB is the greatest coach ever and Brady is the greatest QB ever.

They don't want to do it,  because BB doesn't give them quotes and enough smiles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"im kinda pysched to see the "collapsing defenses" theory play out..."

Yeah the way you hear it in the media and with the Moss fanboys in this forum it sounds like the entire defense just chases Moss around the whole game and opens up the whole field for the other guys. Let's find out if that's true. 

Given we lost like 7 out of 9 road games the this season and last, and given Moss had only one catch in the second half of those games, it's not like we were blowing people away. 

So that's my thing: let's see 4 or 5 games and then we'll know how much of a mistake this is or isn't.

I'm also really curious to hear Tom Brady's take and also to see his demeanor next weekend. Will he be discouraged Moss isn't in the lineup or freed up that he doesn't have to worry about forcing ill-conceived passes to him to assuage his ego? 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Sorry, but at NO time during Moss' tenure in NE did he behave like he used to.  At least not publicly.  If the media is right, and we all seem to think they're foolish, then the Pats' players all thought it was time for him to go.  Really?  It's time for a guy who frees up other receivers to split?

He was gone after this season.  This team and management couldn't have used him for 12 more games?  The future draft picks look good now, but by the time that even comes close to fruition, Brady is going to be close to retirement at 37-38 years old.  They better now start thinking about a QB.

This trade will bite them in the a** and it's splitting the fan base.  Ultimately that's the worst part of this...it's polarizing the fan base.  Pats will continue to be a solid team, but are they playoff bound?  It's now going to take a Jets' breakdown for this to happen as well as a Pats' push.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

When this teams beats Baltimore, goes on the road and smacks SD in the mouth, and then beats Minny at home by flustering Favre, etc, the fanbase probably won't be split.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMC1967. Show USMC1967's posts

another rich overpaid ignorant athlete..getting rich off the suckers who put them there..hes a baby..man imagine making all that money and just not happy..wow..there are people who kill for that one year pay check...sad...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMC1967. Show USMC1967's posts

[QUOTE]we should be used to that by now...i am more sick of the national media stroking the vikings like they just made the most brilliant move in the history of the league, lets size em for the rings right now. this was bb's doing, he apparently kept minny in his back pocket until he felt needed them. i am still not thrilled with the trade personally (at at least the timing of it)...sitting at 3-1 with all the leverage on moss since he is in a contract year, i wouldve used him the rest of the way and let him walk..but hey, whats done is done. favre to moss, a match made in hell. 2 self serving egotistical gray beards that put team second, they're perfect for eachother. if TFB began developing bad habits trying to force the ball to moss what do you thinks gonna happen with favre, the nfl's alltime bonehead mistake leader at QB? dont get me wrong, moss will be motivated, and there will be plenty of highlights...but i anticipate favre's fair share of lowlights and bad decisions too..he is a shell of his former self at this point. biggest winner in all of this?? adrian peterson's stats the rest of the way...he's already having a really good season and now he is gonna have moss taking a safety outta the box and dragging em downfield... the best perspective i read on this nationally came from jason whitlock actually...
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOTE]
    MOSS.. and Favre...lol..2 overpaid jerks lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

The fact Moss put up similar numbers with Cassel as he did with Brady in 2009, it proves that it's more the surprise of the spread with Moss, Welker and Brady in 2007, then it is how great he is.

When Moss didn't get balls in his direction, he feels useless, which probably goes back to a childhood issue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I wonder if this were really a move to put more real Pats fans in the seats? I mean think about it. Most of the people that go to the games now and leave at half time or in the middle of the third quarter were only there for the glitz of "Brady to Moss". They weren't there to watch a virtuosso Brady play his instrument (the Pats offense) to perfection and winning games with nonames like during the Superbowl years. Nor were they there to watch a BB "bend but don't break" defense do it's "let the opponent take 20 plays to make it down the field" but make the opportunistc pick or cause the moral crushing fumble before they make it into the endzone. ANd of course the media don't want to understand that because it is so against the "Star System" they have been trying to engender since the change to offensively biased rules

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tired of the media piling on the Pats and BB : MOSS.. and Favre...lol..2 overpaid jerks lol
    Posted by USMC1967[/QUOTE]

And all of a sudden Moss is an overpaid jerk.  Can't make this stuff up. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Why is it so hard to understand that Moss choosing $$ over helping the team win, as "can't make it up"?

The fact you can't grasp that logic, as to whay fans are disappointed, speaks volumes about your education level.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

It was pretty funny listening to Deion Sanders last night, talking about how "Belicheck knows the team isn't good enough, so he's cutting his losses now."

Really Deion? Well, I don't think motivation will be a problem this year......lol