Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST

Titus Adams was signed off the practice squad to the active roster on December 9th last week. Then he was in the game day active squad. Then he came in to replace Vince Wilfork when Vince injured his foot. Please don't tell me Ron Brace is still developing and coming along. He's clearly a gigantic bust. #40 overall and bust. What a shame. Wonder if they'll cut him now or keep him till end of season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST

glad to see somone else that knows nothing of football, yapping away

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

In Response to Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST:
    [QUOTE]Titus Adams was signed off the practice squad to the active roster on December 9th last week. Then he was in the game day active squad. Then he came in to replace Vince Wilfork when Vince injured his foot. Please don't tell me Ron Brace is still developing and coming along. He's clearly a gigantic bust. #40 overall and bust. What a shame. Wonder if they'll cut him now or keep him till end of season. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]
    How many games has Ron Brace played?I believe he is a rookie.You probably said that about our backup when Bledsoe was the starter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST:
    [QUOTE]Titus Adams was signed off the practice squad to the active roster on December 9th last week. Then he was in the game day active squad. Then he came in to replace Vince Wilfork when Vince injured his foot. Please don't tell me Ron Brace is still developing and coming along. He's clearly a gigantic bust. #40 overall and bust. What a shame. Wonder if they'll cut him now or keep him till end of season. 

Im a BC guy so I've seen this guy play.....and I too am wondering what is going on.  It's one thing to draft a guy in the 5th round and have him crap out.   This guy was 2nd rounder and by the way Chung doesn't look like much either.  So much for staying put and drafting Harvin and/or Delmas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST:
    [QUOTE]Chung doesn't look like much either.  So much for staying put and drafting Harvin and/or Delmas.
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

your dumb.  chung is a key guy on special teams and in sub packages on D.  do you watch the games or just the highlights?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]glad to see somone else that knows nothing of football, yapping away
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

And what did I say that was wrong. Titus Adams has been on our practice squad since last year July. He remained on the PS for a year and half before being made active this week. He was on the PS when Ron Brace was made active and played in 6 games earlier this year. If Titus was better than Ron while Ron the Rookie is still developing then why wasn't Titus activated earlier in the year instead of giving Ron Brace so many snaps. Ron was clearly a disappointment and the rise of Myron Pyror meant that Ron was relegated to not even being made active for the game day anymore. And now they don't even rely on him for backup in case someone goes down and activated Titus Adams instead.

So tell me genius, what did I state that is false or inaccurate since you claim I know nothing about football and am "yapping" but don't back that up with any statement. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

oh and by the way... rons had ankle problems all year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]Did Ron bang your girlfriend?
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Really constructive reply Gris, If you arn't doing anything....go into the living room and get my stogie.  In all seriousness, stop being Brace apologists. The guy clearly isn't doing what he should or he lacks the ability.  A few years back, the Pats drafted this LB from the west.....the name escapes me .....but he was a total ....I mean complete ......non-talent bust and it was reported on TV by a former player turned announcer that he couldn't play.  It was used in context to some other issue regarding cutting you r losses and not being afraid to admit a mistake, so it wasn't the main topic, but the point was taken.  Ryan Claridge from UNLV was the guy. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

The cracks are beginning to show on Belichick and the other talent evaluators. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

WHo knows what the problem is with Ron Brace. It is kind of weird for him to be inactive and other players like titus adams and pryor getting the nod over him. I dont think we'll know this year. 
    But to call chung a bust is stupid. He has been contributing, people need to remember that he was a 2nd rounder and playing safety position on the pats. Safety is a tough position to master. Remember, coming into the year, we had Merriweather and Sanders as our 2 starters, and brandon mcgowan came out of nowhere and took the other safety spot, so sanders is the backup and chung has actually been playing more than sanders if i am not mistaken. Merriweather took time to develop into what he is now, give chung the same amount of time, if not more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

I've been curious about Brace's absence too, but until I see him released or some other action I'm not going to speculate as to why he's not playing.  I'm happy that Myron Pryor has emerged.  Kudo's to BB on that one.  

I think Pat Chung needs more time but he's been seeing more playing time and has been a contributor on special teams.  McGowan has been a revelation.  He's always been a play maker and he's not wasting his opportunities in NE.  

I think too that Brace is in a bit of a numbers game with the nose tackle position.  You can only suit up so many NTs on game day.  Titus Adams brings experience in the Pat's D and is a big body like Wilfolk. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Anyone who judges a rookie so fast obviously does not know football.  Talk to me in year 3 or if he gets cut before that time.  To make a judgement prior to that shows a lack of football knowledge.  There is a reason why most football geniuses say you have to wait 3 years to judge a draft. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : And what did I say that was wrong. Titus Adams has been on our practice squad since last year July. He remained on the PS for a year and half before being made active this week. He was on the PS when Ron Brace was made active and played in 6 games earlier this year. If Titus was better than Ron while Ron the Rookie is still developing then why wasn't Titus activated earlier in the year instead of giving Ron Brace so many snaps. Ron was clearly a disappointment and the rise of Myron Pyror meant that Ron was relegated to not even being made active for the game day anymore. And now they don't even rely on him for backup in case someone goes down and activated Titus Adams instead. So tell me genius, what did I state that is false or inaccurate since you claim I know nothing about football and am "yapping" but don't back that up with any statement. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

yup.  bust.  6 months into his career.  Couldn't be hurt.  Couldn't be dealing with personal issues.  Couldn't be the coaches' decision given the scheme.

Also, I *know* Wilfork and Warren were instantly excellent.  No learning curve whatsoever.  And in case you're wondering, yes, I'm being sarcastic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]The cracks are beginning to show on Belichick and the other talent evaluators. 
    Posted by HarryBallz[/QUOTE]

Draft 2009
    Rd 2, Pick 2 (34) Chung, Patrick SS 

very good intensity and work ethic.  compared to bob sanders an brian dawkins.

Rd 2, Pick 8 (40) Brace, Ron DT 

young DL... give him time.  hes still working

Rd 2, Pick 9 (41) Butler, Darius CB 

sure hes made mistakes, but hes got UNBELIEVABLE potential... future #1 CB

Rd 2, Pick 26 (58) Vollmer, Sebastian OL 

tackle of the future... sorry matt.

Rd 3, Pick 19 (83) Tate, Brandon WR 

excited about him as a percy harvin type inmpact player!  (WR & KR)

Rd 3, Pick 33 (97) McKenzie, Tyrone OLB 

training camp IR victim... liked him in college... hard working kid.  potential pass rush??

Rd 4, Pick 23 (123) Ohrnberger, Rich OG 

OL depth.

Rd 5, Pick 34 (170) Bussey, George OT 

another victim of IR... OL depth

Rd 6, Pick 25 (198) Ingram, Jake LS 

no botched snaps this year on ST

Rd 6, Pick 34 (207) Pryor, Myron DT 

he has been productive in the limited playing time hes had... could be a DL mainstay in the future.

Rd 7, Pick 23 (232) Edelman, Julian QB 

QB turned WR... tough kid playing with a broken arm... productive in welkers absence. as he develops he could be legit.

Rd 7, Pick 25 (234) Richard, Darryl DT 

VERY SMART player!  practice squad.

looks like a damn solid draft to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think you can call a 2nd round pick a bust in his rookie year.  In fact, about the only time you can call any rookie a bust is perhaps with one of the top 10 picks.  You can't call him encouraging either.  He's simply a case of we don't know one way or the other yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think you can call a 2nd round pick a bust in his rookie year.  In fact, about the only time you can call any rookie a bust is perhaps with one of the top 10 picks.  You can't call him encouraging either.  He's simply a case of we don't know one way or the other yet.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    this

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : Really constructive reply Gris, If you arn't doing anything....go into the living room and get my stogie.  In all seriousness, stop being Brace apologists. The guy clearly isn't doing what he should or he lacks the ability.  A few years back, the Pats drafted this LB from the west.....the name escapes me .....but he was a total ....I mean complete ......non-talent bust and it was reported on TV by a former player turned announcer that he couldn't play.  It was used in context to some other issue regarding cutting you r losses and not being afraid to admit a mistake, so it wasn't the main topic, but the point was taken.  Ryan Claridge from UNLV was the guy. 
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

I was looking for your stogies but Bill Clinton told me he and your wife used the last one.  In all seriousness, I'm not apologising for anyone, I don't know Brace or could care less about him.  I'm Just trying to understand the anger and hatred the poster has for this person. 

Glad to see someone got the post erased.  Like it was so bad to begin with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewtotherescue. Show Drewtotherescue's posts

Chung has a lot of potential and could be the starting SS next season. It is the sophmore yr when most players burst out and in Chung/Vollmer/Butler/ Pryor/Edelman there is a lot to look forward to. Brace seems to be an unfortunate pick, esp b/c we could have gotten Maualuga if we stayed in the 1st. But I think we also got an extra 2nd pick in this years draft, deep in players we need, so that could offset things. Plus hitting on Pryor in rd 6 at the same spot menas we could have him be a bust and not take as big a hit as a franchise b/c 6th rd picks rarely make an impact (unless they are Tom Brady).

This team needs a pass-rusher, complementary speed back to Maroney who can slowly phase out Faulk, 3rd/4th WR(depending on how Tate develops), more of a run-stuffing nasty ILB to complement speedy and skinny Guyton and a run blocking OG to phase out Neal, who can't stay healthy. We have a 1st, three 2nds and some $ this summer, esp when we cut Adalius and Taylor (and maybe Springs) and re-work Light's deal as he ends his career at RT.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewtotherescue. Show Drewtotherescue's posts

This would be great:

Rd 1: Brandon Spikes ILB, does for that position exactly what fellow UM "badboy" Merriweather did at safety. (If Spiller slips within a few picks of our1st rounder then I'd try hard to get him)

Rd 2: Mike Iupati OG, does for RG what Mankins did for LG

Rd 2: traded (maybe with Brace or Sanders) for Anquan Boldin, he can get an extension starting in '11 that pays him the #1 WR $ (8-9m) that we give Moss right now. Have them for one season together and if Moss doesn't take a modest extension (like 3 years, 15m, 6m guaranteed over 2) then let him walk.

Rd 2: RB like Anthony Dixon or Ryan Matthews. Maroney has shown enough to start '10 as the lead back. If he improves and we score a top young side-kick for him then RB is set for a few seasons, if not he can walk after '11 and we can hopefully use the Raiders pick on a pro-bowl RB.

(Vollmer is in the same spot, '10 should determine if he is going to be like the next decade's Matt Light, or if he should be @ RT and we use the Raiders pick on a pro-bowl LT).

Then I would sign Julius Peppers to replace Thomas and give us that scary Willie McGinest guy who can make us go 4-3 or 3-4 on every play depending on where he lines up. Dumervil is prob just a pipe dream.

I'd also consider either moving Springs to free safety or cutting him. Wilhite should cover slot guys only. I'd re-sign Bodden and hope that Butler explodes, but i'd also look into another vet CB like Dre Bly or Richard Marshall who we saw play well today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titus Adams over Ron Brace = Ron Brace is BUST : And what did I say that was wrong. Titus Adams has been on our practice squad since last year July. He remained on the PS for a year and half before being made active this week. He was on the PS when Ron Brace was made active and played in 6 games earlier this year. If Titus was better than Ron while Ron the Rookie is still developing then why wasn't Titus activated earlier in the year instead of giving Ron Brace so many snaps. Ron was clearly a disappointment and the rise of Myron Pyror meant that Ron was relegated to not even being made active for the game day anymore. And now they don't even rely on him for backup in case someone goes down and activated Titus Adams instead. So tell me genius, what did I state that is false or inaccurate since you claim I know nothing about football and am "yapping" but don't back that up with any statement. 

You didn't say anything wrong, my friend. You merely made what appears to be a logical deduction. A lot of folks don't want to hear the truth, when it consists of bad news. Hope you're wrong. Hope that Brace has some sort of injury thats' holding him back.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

brace must have a high ankle issue....he played effective earlier on his limited action so I would have to assume he has had a bad ankle injury

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Most of "experts" will give a 3 year window to call guys busts unless it is ovious.  in Brace's case you cannot call him a bust.  he's a rookie and is coming into a different scheme that he was used to in college for the most part.  Give this kid a chance I believe that he needs to get used to playing in the NFL.  Remember he had BJ Raji playing next to him so he was not the focus and BJ was the guy with double teams.  When you take that NT job you are there doubled and trippled team.
    It is not a thing you get used to right away and he has to learn how to play to shed blockers ect.  He has want you want for a NT and he is learning from the best NT in the business.  BTW, are you kidding about chung!  This draft was solid, did you see Vol playing at LT against Indy?  Do your homework before calling guys busts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I dont think anyone can give a true analysis until the guy actually plays full games.rather if its an injury in which he had one at the end of his collage career,and it carried over into this season,or that he is still trying to learn the system here.until he plays a few games with the pats.I cant say he is a bust.its just disapointing that he hasnt played yet this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think anyone can give a true analysis until the guy actually plays full games.rather if its an injury in which he had one at the end of his collage career,and it carried over into this season,or that he is still trying to learn the system here.until he plays a few games with the pats.I cant say he is a bust.its just disapointing that he hasnt played yet this year.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

People kept saying the same things about Chad Jackson until the day he was released. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

So you admit that Adams has been on the team longer (more experience) and did you forget that Brace was nursung an injury?