TJ Ward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: TJ Ward

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel bad for Gronk, he's had a tough road injury-wise and it's sad to see him gone for the season. But as much as the NFL tries to legislate head shots out of the game it puts defenders in the position of going low to avoid penaties/fines/suspensions.   I don't know what the right solution is, but football is inherently a tough game and defenders are damned if they do, damned if they don't when tackling. 

[/QUOTE]

learn how to tackle ....   you don't need to be confused about it , tough guy.   hit a person with your shoulder pads in a natural way around the center of gravity (hips and midsection) .  TRUST ME ,   all YOU apologetic sounding poussies like TJWard...    the person carrying the football will be tackled to the ground .

[/QUOTE]

A bit over the top in your response, no?  I won't take the bait though if you're namecalling to get a rise.  If you think that guys going low to tackle has nothing to do with the league's attempt to deal with the results of concussions and legal liability, then you're not paying attention.  Try to have a rational dialog instead of being tough guy at the Boston.com board.   

[/QUOTE]

go root for the the browns, saints or ravens or all the cheap shot teams that head hunt and try to injure players and succeed alot of the times

[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, another rational argument.  Great thread fellas.  I get that you're upset that Gronk is gone.  It's really too bad.  But stomping your feet and holding your breath isn't gonna change the fact that the NFL, as much as it's trying to protect players, cannot legislate injuries out of the game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

didn't you guys love you some Rodney Harrison back in the day (and probably still today)?  wasn't he was commonly known as the dirtiest player in the league?  How do you square those feelings with your feelings toward Ward today? 

Is it just fandom or do you have some logic behind your feelings?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Gronk carries guys over the field when they try to make high tackles. The best way to bring down a guy his size is to go low and try to take out his legs. I know everytime an offensive player is hurt you guys say dirty hit, but how can a legal hit be dirty?

The NFL made a choice between ACLs and concussions, people aren't suing them for not being able to walk. They are suing them for head trauma though.

Bad situation, wish it hadn't gone down, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

didn't you guys love you some Rodney Harrison back in the day (and probably still today)?  wasn't he was commonly known as the dirtiest player in the league?  How do you square those feelings with your feelings toward Ward today? 

[/QUOTE]

NO ONE LIKES YOU HERE! Why are you still here?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I don't like to see players sustain what could be a career ending injury, aside from when their coach plays them in blowouts on extra point plays.  That being said, anything that is able to bunch up so many pat fans panties in one swoop is just lovely.  Everyone knows that it doesn't take much to get you fools all bent out of shape.  It could be as simple as a quote from an opposing player or coach that immediately becomes a huge mural of disrespect that you claim Bill will use to motivate his players and get them to practice harder, run a few more laps and stay up extra extra late watching film to really 'show 'em' just how disrespectful it was.

Maybe it's a game where your coach had neglected to learn the NFL rules of the game he's been in most of his life and then coached his players to, in effect, attempt to cheat at key moments in games, but then got flagged after being tied at the end of regualtion 27-27 against a rebuilding team with a rookie QB that has struggeld to put up a TD in most other games, thus giving them a second opportunity to win the game in OT.  

Heck, Pats fans even cry when their team wins games handed to them by the refs.  What I'm saying is, that Pats fans cry about EVERYTHING.  So, although Gronk is one of my favorite players in the NFL and I hate to see him sustain such an injury, anything that gets Pats fans to cry some more can't be a bad thing.  

Sorry Gronk.  See you next Nov?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gronk carries guys over the field when they try to make high tackles. The best way to bring down a guy his size is to go low and try to take out his legs. I know everytime an offensive player is hurt you guys say dirty hit, but how can a legal hit be dirty?

The NFL made a choice between ACLs and concussions, people aren't suing them for not being able to walk. They are suing them for head trauma though.

Bad situation, wish it hadn't gone down, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

At least Gronk will be able to remember the hit that may have ended his career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At least Gronk will be able to remember the hit that may have ended his career.

[/QUOTE]

You too, go away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

not sure I agree...there was nothing wrong with the tackle...just the result...it's the new rule that is the problem Gronk's not the first nor the last reciever to have his knees taken out this year...thank god he doesn't have a concussion...

[/QUOTE]

lol funny thing is, he actually does have concussion too.. ACL MCL and concussion

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Spearing a player with your helmet, and this case on purpose, is not supposed to be legal

As vid said elsewhere, it's no different hitting with an nfl helmet than a hockey stick

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah Rodney Harrison was a head hunter. he even admits that. he always claimed he never went for knees always heads (different set of rules). i will take concussions all day over ACL's. i don't mind dirty guys like Ed Reed and Sean Taaylor (r.i.p) they were head hunters not career enders

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah Rodney Harrison was a head hunter. he even admits that. he always claimed he never went for knees always heads (different set of rules). i will take concussions all day over ACL's. i don't mind dirty guys like Ed Reed and Sean Taaylor (r.i.p) they were head hunters not career enders

[/QUOTE]

I get it, and I am not trying to call out pats fans.  the loss sucks.  sucks for me too.  I had gronkowski in fantasy, and I made the playoffs. 

But the NFL could not allow the head hits to go on with the concussion lawsuits.  If they had done nothing, the league as we know it would have ceased to exist in our litigious society.  All current owners would have sold their teams as quickly as they could have and the new owners would have gone bankrupt in their debt. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I was more upset with how he tried to justify the hit in the post game interview. He said he didn't want to get flagged or fined. That is absolute crap. He went low because if he didn't he would have gotten run over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lopez8173. Show lopez8173's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't like to see players sustain what could be a career ending injury, aside from when their coach plays them in blowouts on extra point plays.  That being said, anything that is able to bunch up so many pat fans panties in one swoop is just lovely.  Everyone knows that it doesn't take much to get you fools all bent out of shape.  It could be as simple as a quote from an opposing player or coach that immediately becomes a huge mural of disrespect that you claim Bill will use to motivate his players and get them to practice harder, run a few more laps and stay up extra extra late watching film to really 'show 'em' just how disrespectful it was.

Maybe it's a game where your coach had neglected to learn the NFL rules of the game he's been in most of his life and then coached his players to, in effect, attempt to cheat at key moments in games, but then got flagged after being tied at the end of regualtion 27-27 against a rebuilding team with a rookie QB that has struggeld to put up a TD in most other games, thus giving them a second opportunity to win the game in OT.  

Heck, Pats fans even cry when their team wins games handed to them by the refs.  What I'm saying is, that Pats fans cry about EVERYTHING.  So, although Gronk is one of my favorite players in the NFL and I hate to see him sustain such an injury, anything that gets Pats fans to cry some more can't be a bad thing.  

[/QUOTE]

Heck jets fans like yourself been crying for decades because your team just can't get back to the superbowl. It's a bit ironic you calling people crybabies when you and the rest of the gasbag jets fans been crying for 40 yrs so once again instead of trying to drag others into your  favorite pathetic team (jets) misery cry us another river of tears maybe you'll feel a little better afterwards which I doubt lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"But the NFL could not allow the head hits to go on with the concussion lawsuits.  If they had done nothing, the league as we know it would have ceased to exist in our litigious society."

Actually they can easily move on with the lawsuits - you force players to sign waivers just as they do in boxing. I believe that's where we will end up because knee shots are going to devastate fantasy football (not kidding)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"But the NFL could not allow the head hits to go on with the concussion lawsuits.  If they had done nothing, the league as we know it would have ceased to exist in our litigious society."

Actually they can easily move on with the lawsuits - you force players to sign waivers just as they do in boxing. I believe that's where we will end up because knee shots are going to devastate fantasy football (not kidding)

[/QUOTE]
    devastated my team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Legal hit, yeah. Clean hit absolutely not. When you are taught to tackle if you have to go low you aim for the thighs and wrap them up are go for the ankles and trip them up. You never, ever aim for a knee with your helmet or shoulder. You just don't do it. I don't know what the heck these NFL players were taught but all my years in the sport I have never heard a single coach ever say once you should lead with your helmet and aim for vital spots like heads or knees. Disgusting

[/QUOTE]

Well said.  Ward obviously targeted Gronkowski's knees.  It was not a last millisecond adjustment or anything.  Launched himself at them and made no attempt at all to wrap up.  It even looked like he barrel rolled when contact was made.  What is that garbage?  I don't even know how this is in the thought process for these guys when making a tackle.  I was a defensive back and was outweighed by upwards of 50 pounds by some guys when I was 18-22 years old and was never  tempted to dive at the knees or head.  Like you said, you just don't do it. 

It isn't as spectacular but I honestly feel like hitting with the shoulder, wrapping, and driving through the hit with your legs is also a safer and surer way to tackle. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean so out of shape that we'd punch a woman....in the face? Oh OK!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Legal hit, yeah. Clean hit absolutely not. When you are taught to tackle if you have to go low you aim for the thighs and wrap them up are go for the ankles and trip them up. You never, ever aim for a knee with your helmet or shoulder. You just don't do it. I don't know what the heck these NFL players were taught but all my years in the sport I have never heard a single coach ever say once you should lead with your helmet and aim for vital spots like heads or knees. Disgusting

[/QUOTE]

Well said.  Ward obviously targeted Gronkowski's knees.  It was not a last millisecond adjustment or anything.  Launched himself at them and made no attempt at all to wrap up.  It even looked like he barrel rolled when contact was made.  What is that garbage?  I don't even know how this is in the thought process for these guys when making a tackle.  I was a defensive back and was outweighed by upwards of 50 pounds by some guys when I was 18-22 years old and was never  tempted to dive at the knees or head.  Like you said, you just don't do it. 

It isn't as spectacular but I honestly feel like hitting with the shoulder, wrapping, and driving through the hit with your legs is also a safer and surer way to tackle. 

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't get you on Sports Center