To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.

Fred Taylor is out for a few weeks if not more so I am assuming that Benjarvis Green Eliss will get his chance. For weeks people have been saying this kid needed to be activated and now he most likely will be so either you were right and he will come in and run better then Maroeny and get himself a starting job or you were wrong and he is a JAG player at best and not the answer you all thought he was. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.

In Response to To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.:
    [QUOTE]Fred Taylor is out for a few weeks if not more so I am assuming that Benjarvis Green Eliss will get his chance. For weeks people have been saying this kid needed to be activated and now he most likely will be so either you were right and he will come in and run better then Maroeny and get himself a starting job or you were wrong and he is a JAG player at best and not the answer you all thought he was. Thoughts?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Where are you guys seeing this Taylor news???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

In Response to Re: To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot. : Where are you guys seeing this Taylor news???
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I just got a text message to my phone from WBZ sports. It is true!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

In Response to To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot.:
    [QUOTE]Fred Taylor is out for a few weeks if not more so I am assuming that Benjarvis Green Eliss will get his chance. For weeks people have been saying this kid needed to be activated and now he most likely will be so either you were right and he will come in and run better then Maroeny and get himself a starting job or you were wrong and he is a JAG player at best and not the answer you all thought he was. Thoughts?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

I really hope the Law Firm gets a chance to show what he can do. I thought he did well against the fist team defenses last season and he looked AWESOME during this year's preseason. I say give him a full game to let him get comfortable with the game speed (regular season play is faster than pre-season play) and see what he can do!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I heard it on 98.5 the sports hub and they said it was posted on ESPNBoston but you dont want to use that tabloid web site. If it says ESPN in front of it then its junk. But the news is real. Could be a broken ankle or just need surgery but not broken its either or.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I want Law Firm to be as good as everyone seems to think he is but i am not sold yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I hope, if he gets a shot, that he lives up to the Patriot Nation imposed hype better than Bishop did…..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]I hope, if he gets a shot, that he lives up to the Patriot Nation imposed hype better than Bishop did…..
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

OOOOOOOHHH!!!!   That was a painful memory.....thanks for that   lol!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeachRooster. Show BeachRooster's posts

I believe he had a good game against Denver last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot. : OOOOOOOHHH!!!!   That was a painful memory.....thanks for that   lol!!!
    Posted by DYBLITZ[/QUOTE]

I'm guilty of being one of the fans that wanted Bishop to play.....ha.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I think BJGE will do a better job than Maroney.  I can not wait to see him run if he get a chance this weekend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all of Law Firms fans, here is his shot. : I'm guilty of being one of the fans that wanted Bishop to play.....ha.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatly.....Me too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

BJGE is clearly a better choice to start over Maroney. The Firm sees the holes better and hits them quicker. He also rarely get negative yardage!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

While I hope Taylor can get back into action sooner rather then later, I am excited to see BJGE get his chance to shine! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well if he just gets pass the line of scrimmage he's better than Maroney :^)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]Well if he just gets pass the line of scrimmage he's better than Maroney :^)
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE] In responce what can I say, except GREAT!!! Hope that Sunday I'm not eating humble pie. Now to get Nunn an Oportunity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

"Well if he just gets pass the line of scrimmage he's better than Maroney :^)"

Couldn't say it better my self. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I just hope BB gives the kid a chance to show what he's capable of.  Hell we all know what Maroney is not capable of doing. 

1) consistently gaining positive yardage
       2) hitting the hole hard.
       3) making something out of nothing.
       4) not hesitating in the back field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Last year when Law Firm had his big "break out" game wasnt it against the Broncos? I know they are a different D now with Nolan at the helm but maybe he can gash them for some good yards. However if in 3 or 4 weeks he is still not doing anything i expect the hype to die down. If that happens he is clearly not better then Maroney but if he makes a splash i say give him the rock.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It's really hard to perfom worst than Maroney. If BJE runs 10 plays for 25 yards he will average 2.5 yards a carry, he would have a better YAC average than Maroney's 2.3 average. I hope Fred is back in time for the Colts match, if there is one team I hate to lose to it's the Jets. After those smelly Jets, I hate it when we lose to the Colts. 

The added incentive to win that game will be the chance that the Colts could be 8-0 by the time we get there. Anyone remember '07? It's our turn to try to knock them off. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Maroney irritates me as much as anybody. I haven't hated a back this much since Cedrick Shaw. And I love BJGE. But there has got to be a reason he isn't playing. I'm assuming it's because he doesn't read the defense and pick up the blitz very well. What good does it do us if he gets 100 + yards and kills two or three drives with 7 or 8 yard sacks. Or allows a pressure created pick or two.

I remember when Curtis Martin first got here. He knew he had to work on his blocking in order to become a complete back. And he did, he got better. Some of you people act like running is the only responsibility of the HB. Belichick isn't God- he makes mistakes. I think continuing to let Faulk return kicks is idiotic. But I'm willing to concede that he knows a little bit more about the running back situation than we do.

I would imagine you will see Sammy Morris (who gashed the Broncos last year) get the bulk of the carries with Maroney and BGJE splitting the ball along with some screen passes.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfanofthenorthredeux. Show Patsfanofthenorthredeux's posts

[QUOTE]I just hope BB gives the kid a chance to show what he's capable of.  Hell we all know what Maroney is not capable of doing.     1) consistently gaining positive yardage    2) hitting the hole hard.    3) making something out of nothing.    4) not hesitating in the back field.
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]

And Kmax Black Kat makes all the points.

I keep wondering why BB doesn't use BJGE ?

Is he not that good ?

Does BB know something about him we don't know ? (Definitely !!!)

Is BB saving him for later ?

BJGE runs like a a hungry pit bull (or Chesapeake Retreiver - scarey dogs that used to chase me . .  .) smelling some end zone T-Bones.

I think the problem is this: BB or the offensive coordinator can't get his name out of their mouths fast enough to get him on the field before the own clock runs out . . .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I have been guilty of defending Maroney over the years. My defense was never that oh this is his year. Or he is going to have a breakout game this week, blah blah blah. My defense of him has always been he is a good back for the price tag. The more I open my eyes the more I see really good backs all over the NFL. It comes down to OL blocking effectively. When Fred Taylor comes in he produces. When Morris comes in he produces. When Faulk comes in he produces Green-Ellis came in last year he produced. Hopefully he does this weekend as well. As for Maroney, a guy with speed like that and his ability to break open field tackles is negated by constant side stepping behind the line. I just don`t get it anymore why is he not avg. 4.5 yards a carry?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

Maroney = *crewed  if thats the best they have at RB going into the post season, might as well write off any chance at a SB... cause Defenses have to worry about him about as much as they  do my grandma... who is actually a better dancer than Maroney even in her advanced age.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I am in agreement about Maroney, however, I will say, the play calling when he is in there doesn't suit his game. He would be better served having similar plays to Faulk....the draw plays, some swing passes and screens...get him in space.

Its like Belichick is trying to make him Marion Barber and he isn't that guy....ramming into the hole and moving it.

I would love to see them give some of those opportunities and if he stinks up the field...move on.