To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

I was to young to even remember the year I became a Pats fan. It was the first year they started to show the Patriots on TV in Maine.  My whole family switched from being NY Giants fans to being Patriots fans  that first season. 

All I can really remember from those games is watching Jim Nance bull doze his way down the field. Gino Cappaletti sp was still the place kicker and WR.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.

Born and raised on a dairy farm in Cummington Mass. Berkshire County. Two of my brothers still run it, they milk 100 cows 2 twice a day, the farm is 1000 acres. I've been a fan of all Boston sports team since sperm meet egg in 1961. My various avatars (being banned) revolve around Harleys. I've ridden all my life and put about 7,000 miles a year on it.

*special note to all my friends and foes, I just got home from Fletcher/Allen Hospital in Burlington VT....I had a minor heart attack on Wenesday and had stint put in a my heart Thursday. I just want say it makes you realize what is really important in life, I love the Pats and coming to this forum and I really love my family and the thought of not seeing any of those things again wakes you up to reality.... your health people it's what is important take care of yourselves so we can all converse here and be with your families.....HRK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.:
    *special note to all my friends and foes, I just got home from Fletcher/Allen Hospital in Burlington VT....I had a minor heart attack on Wenesday and had stint put in a my heart Thursday. I just want say it makes you realize what is really important in life, I love the Pats and coming to this forum and I really love my family and the thought of not seeing any of those things again wakes you up to reality.... your health people it's what is important take care of yourselves so we can all converse here and be with your families.....HRK
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

Wishing you all the best and good health HRK.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

thanks Irish I'm to young to croak just yet, I've got more people to pizz off, laugh with, laugh at and talk Pats with....have a happy new year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Born in eastern Mass in the early 60s, rooted for Orr and the Bruins, Grogan and the Pats for as long as I can remember.  Have a signature of Sam “the bam” Cunningham.  (Man, could that guy vault over a goal-line pile!)  My brothers and I would play football in our yard after watching the Patriots play, too often losing.  We’d attain success and glory in our minds after the Pats had failed to on TV. 

We Pats fans are now living in very good times.  Crazy good.

While I love the Pats, I try my best to be objective.  I wasn’t upset when they let Moss go.  Or Vinatieri, or Branch, or Samuel.  Not even Seymour.  Wouldn’t have been all that upset if let Brady go during the offseason.  I just don’t know for certain how good he is and what’s best for the team.  Sure, my hunch is that he is off-the-charts good.  Make that one-of-a-kind great.  But how much of that is Belichick and co?  I don't know.  May never know.

Speaking of Belichick, the reason for my screen name is that I see Coach as the antithesis of modern presidents and presidential candidates.  He is 0% charm and sweet-talk, 100% put-on-your-thinking-cap, roll-up-your-sleeves and get down to gall-darn business.  No nonsense.

While I might follow Rex Ryan to a bar, I’d follow Bill Belichick to war.

As for my avatar – just a football-related image I found.  Maybe it’s also because I happen to love the Pats’ pass-happy offense.

I discovered this site and bulletin board a couple years ago when following a news link on the Patriots site.

I now live in Florida, so don’t run into many Patriots fans.  They don’t broadcast many Patriots’ games down here – Dolphins or Jaguars always get the CBS spot.  So I head to a local sports bar. 

Earlier in the season I had the pleasure of trying to watch the Jets game with a green jersey-wearing dude yelling in my face about how the Patriots were over-rated.  Didn’t see him after Pats-Jets pt. II (which was televised at home).  A few weeks ago there must have been a dozen Bears fans in the joint for the game.  Before the snowy kickoff one of them commented, “Bet the Pats haven’t seen weather like THIS!”  I told him it did snow in New England.  Later in the game, but not much later, you could see the poor Bears fans sinking to the level of their beer mugs.  Like they had just seen a steam-roller cross the path of their beloved poodle.  Oh man.  I actually felt sorry for them.

I mostly come to this site to get some news and see what folks are thinking about all things Patriots.  Currently on my mind – will Taylor Price see playing time tomorrow?  If not, why not?  Will he be a bust?

Enjoy the upcoming games, guys.  Nice rubbing elbows with you (and sometimes exchanging barbs!).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well.:
    [QUOTE]Born and raised on a dairy farm in Cummington Mass. Berkshire County. Two of my brothers still run it, they milk 100 cows 2 twice a day, the farm is 1000 acres. I've been a fan of all Boston sports team since sperm meet egg in 1961. My various avatars (being banned) revolve around Harleys. I've ridden all my life and put about 7,000 miles a year on it. *special note to all my friends and foes, I just got home from Fletcher/Allen Hospital in Burlington VT....I had a minor heart attack on Wenesday and had stint put in a my heart Thursday. I just want say it makes you realize what is really important in life, I love the Pats and coming to this forum and I really love my family and the thought of not seeing any of those things again wakes you up to reality.... your health people it's what is important take care of yourselves so we can all converse here and be with your families.....HRK

I hope you get better, Dude. We need the sane to troll ratio to stay the same. If you're not here the trolls win. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" hope you get better, Dude. We need the sane to troll ratio to stay the same." +1

I grew up in the midwest, came out here for college in 1986...by the early 90s I realized I was not coming home, that I was likely to spend the rest of my life in Mass....I had many local friends who were fans of the teams here and so by the early 90s I was following Celts, Pats, Sox. Not so much Bruins but only because hockey was never my thing, though I do root for the Bruins when I can. One of my favorite things about living here is the sports culture, and while I didn't experience all the lean years that the true "lifers" around this forum has, the Celts certainly had a lot of rough years after I arrived. I am passionate about these teams and enjoy the honest discussion with informed fans. The trolls aren't my favorite part but I'm not willing to let this forum become a trollfest. However there are fans of our own teams that can be part of the trolling problem sometime as well. Not so much in this forum but definitely in the Celts and Sox forums that's an issue. Happy new year to all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Yeah Harley glad you're ok, my father-in-law has had two stints in his heart for years now. Those things work really well, perhaps too well cause he really hasn't improved his diet that much since they were put in. I guess if you don't feel unhealthy you're not, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Thanks guys, PFinpa420 I feel better all ready, little woozy from the meds but they say that will go away. What's funny do watch my diet because my dad died of this at 57. So I'm happy to be here with you all. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Born and raised on a dairy farm in Cummington Mass. Berkshire County. Two of my brothers still run it, they milk 100 cows 2 twice a day, the farm is 1000 acres. I've been a fan of all Boston sports team since sperm meet egg in 1961. My various avatars (being banned) revolve around Harleys. I've ridden all my life and put about 7,000 miles a year on it. *special note to all my friends and foes, I just got home from Fletcher/Allen Hospital in Burlington VT....I had a minor heart attack on Wenesday and had stint put in a my heart Thursday. I just want say it makes you realize what is really important in life, I love the Pats and coming to this forum and I really love my family and the thought of not seeing any of those things again wakes you up to reality.... your health people it's what is important take care of yourselves so we can all converse here and be with your families.....HRK

Harley..... BEST WISHES for your recovery. I used to hunt white rabbits in Cummington many years ago. One day I got the car stuck in a snowbank. Had to get a farmer to pull me out. Maybe it was you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Hey maybe we pulled all kinds of people out. The Berkshires can be muddy snowy mess at times. Can you remember more of the story.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Been a New England Fan all my life (the B's,Celtics, Redsox and Pat's) Lived in RI till I went in the military.  Now reside in Arizona and watch NE sports on ATDHE.net

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

I been a Sox fan since 97(thanks to my dad and Pedro Martinez) before that i was a Braves fan but after those two stunning WS loses to the Yanks I quit following then.I became a Pats fans right around the end of 2000(after seen the Giant Drew Bledsoe board not too far from my sister home in Lynn,I used to follow the Celtics and Knicks during the 90's hated the Bulls because of MJ and his followers were obnoxious but after Larry and the first Big 3 left i stop following Bball all together..then came the captain and it reinvigorated my love for the Celtics.

Bruins I became a fan after seen big Z in person...dude is huge and mind you Im 6'5" . The Revs i follow then but the MLS angers me to no end all their jerseys only run on 2XL yet every other team that adidas sponsors runs on every size.and since last year i started to follow the Boston Cannons(our Lax team)  to the poster that has the Ipad issue with this forum try using other browsers since the App store has a few(i do own an ipad but haven't use it in this forums)

Happy New Years to all Lets go Sox,Pats,Celtics,Bruins,Revs and even Cannons :D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Take care of yourself.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

Wow Tony, You go way back. Remember Lechmere - the stop and the stores.

Harley, get well and enjoy the post season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Born in Cali and as a military brat travelled to Asia and all over the US. Learned to love the Patriots from my dad and mom both from Webstah, MA. Loved watching the Pats in mid 70's when we could get it on TV, mostly back then it was Redskins and Miami games being shown in VA. I learned then to hate the Steelers, Cowboys and Phins. But now hate even more the Jests, Colts and Bolts and every day the Ravens more and more w Suggs running his mouth.

My family returned to New England in '78 where I lived through high school '88 and then all over the east coast and for the past 10 years living in Europe where I found this site and PFW in Progress to keep me in touch with all thing Patriots and I also blog about the Pats and now on Twitter too....

The only game I ever went to was '85 when Pats played the Bills at home and Eason went down and Grogan came in to win the game. The Pats took us all on a magical ride that year!

I appreciate the old days and so happy Mr. Kraft purchased the team and w BB built a dynasty in New England for all fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Started watching the Pats in my early teens during the 70s when I was living in Rhode Island and then Massachusetts.  Plunkett was the QB, and Stanley Morgan was my favorite player back then.

I lived in Chicago through much of the 80s and didn't follow football too closely then, but I have vivid and painful memories of watching the 86 Super Bowl with a half-dozen Bears fans.  

Got back into football in a big way through my mother-in-law of all things.  She was from Green Bay and was a huge Packers fans--with season tickets at Lambeau.  I remember the first game she took me to--it was the first NFL game I had ever been too, a Steelers-Packers match-up, and I was instantly hooked. Pretty much became nuts about NFL football after that.  

In the 90s my wife and I moved back to Boston (after a brief stint working in Manhattan) and I really started watching the Pats religiously.  Got on the season ticket waiting list about the time they played the Packers in the Super Bowl.  Finally got my season tickets last season - - - and then this year got a job in Toronto.  I kept the tickets though and go back to see the games when I can.  I'll be there for the playoffs.  

Prolate spheroid is how they describe the shape of the football in the NFL rules. You can't use two words in your name, though, so I put the zero between the words because a zero is sort of a prolate spheroid itself. My avatar changes--but lately I've been using Canadian themes just because I'm interested in learning more about my new country.

Coolest thing about being a Pats fan right now, I think, is we've got a coach who's going to be a legend like Paul Brown or Vince Lombardi. It's rare in sports that you get a chance to see something like this.  Just enjoy it . . . it's a once in a lifetime event. We're incredibly lucky to be fans right now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Hey maybe we pulled all kinds of people out. The Berkshires can be muddy snowy mess at times. Can you remember more of the story.

Harley.... All I remember is that it was most likely 1957/8 and there were 3 of us in a black 1950 Oldsmobile stuck on a wood road. I remember a Father Dunphy's Camp in that area or the camp might have been in Plainfield altho we were not by the camp that day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

I've enjoyed this thread.  I would have guessed that most posters were younger.  Not middle-aged like me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all Pats fans...Leon, UD and your multiple personalities are welcomed as well. : Harley.... All I remember is that it was most likely 1957/8 and there were 3 of us in a black 1950 Oldsmobile stuck on a wood road. I remember a Father Dunphy's Camp in that area or the camp might have been in Plainfield altho we were not by the camp that day.
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

OK that's little before my time could have been my dad or granpy. The Berkshires can be pretty wild country....if you see a mute playing a banjo RUN!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I started watching early 70's, remembering O.J. running for 250 and 219 in two games in 1973. The 1975 Sox got me hooked on them. That team should have won multiple world series. Damn those Yankees! At least we had the Celtics back then.

I read the Boston Globe sports pages a lot in the 80's, the Bangor Daily News had great local coverage but not much on the Patriots and Celtics. I read these forums for years without contributing.

My screen name "digger" comes from marine worm digging. I was a sandworm digger in the Penobscot Bay during the 80's while going to UMaine.

My avatar is good ol' Charlie Brown and Lucy of the Charles M. Schulz' Peanuts cartoon.

Edit: Harley I'm glad you're still with us, take care of yourself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE].I had a minor heart attack on Wenesday and had stint put in a my heart Thursday. 

Hope you're doing better Harley.  At least you got a nice relaxing game today . . . nothing that should put much stress on you while you're recovering.  Get well soon!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Thanks guys I feel much better today after sleeping in my own bed. Funny I have two Patriot tattoos one of Pat and one of Elvis and the nurses in Burlington were mostly pro-Patriots, but one of the surgical nurses was a Packer fan and was giving me crap about the super bowl. Just before the gave me the happy juice in the O.R. they asked me if I was allergic to anything and I said yes....Packer fans.
    cracked them up a little

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Harley,

Get well!