To all the Gloom and Doomer's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

To all the Gloom and Doomer's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's

We whine because we care.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

I am not whining but there are definite reasons for people to be concerrned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Saying the defense got spanked isn't that bad. It's a young defense. And they are short on talent at a couple spots. They will get spanked ... it's part of the maturation process really. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's:
    [QUOTE]Saying the defense got spanked isn't that bad. It's a young defense. And they are short on talent at a couple spots. They will get spanked ... it's part of the maturation process really. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Your absolutely correct z, the problem is the posters who are conceding the season based on one pre-season loss.  Most are probably concerned troll or fair-weather fans. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Your absolutely correct z, the problem is the posters who are conceding the season based on one pre-season loss.  Most are probably concerned troll or fair-weather fans. 
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Wait, I 've seen a lot of concern in these posts, but who conceded the season.... haven't seen one person actually admit that yet.  (That is actually a Pat's Fan)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Saying the defense got spanked isn't that bad. It's a young defense. And they are short on talent at a couple spots. They will get spanked ... it's part of the maturation process really. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z,  Always read your comments and look forward to your future postings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm not concerned.

The defense is young, they will have growing pains.

Brady and the offense will be great.

Pats have two firsts and two seconds next year.

The future looks bright.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Wait, I 've seen a lot of concern in these posts, but who conceded the season.... haven't seen one person actually admit that yet.  (That is actually a Pat's Fan)
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    Did you hear Belichick's post game comments? Or the players? This teams defense aboslutely stinks on ice. 9 wins will be a blessing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Wait, I 've seen a lot of concern in these posts, but who conceded the season.... haven't seen one person actually admit that yet.  (That is actually a Pat's Fan)
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I stand Corrected!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Your absolutely correct z, the problem is the posters who are conceding the season based on one pre-season loss.  Most are probably concerned troll or fair-weather fans. 
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Are they the same as the people predicting 13 wins based on the Saints pre-season game? Both groups are clowns. Pre-season has zero correlation to the regular season outcome unless it's injury related. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Z,  Always read your comments and look forward to your future postings.
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude. I'll look out for yours in the future as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah I'm one of the trolls from last night and have a long history of taking losses hard. I admit! But when I look at this D it just seems so bare. The big guns are gone and their replacements are undersersized, underahieving, still learning, maybe will never figure it out, group of guys. Hope I'm wrong, but I went to 3 games last year and the QB's never had to worry about being hit. The secondary looked small and missed tackles, along with just not making plays. To me they look the same, if not worse. Ty Warren is gone, Jarvis Green and as little as he did, so is Thomas. THose are three big, experienced guys and really they should be able to improve on them...Hope they did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phizzeldickus. Show Phizzeldickus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : This is what I mean abour irrational fans, though. Who didn't expect that last year???? Harrison and Bruschi retired, Seymour was dealt, as was Vrabel.  This year, it's continuing on with the FA people and picks they have had in recent years and rookies. Why would expect new players to immediately morph into the 2004 Pats D at its peak??? Who actually thinks this?   Apparently there are group of people that do think this. I just find it incredibly strange that people would expect 5 pro Bowl caliber veterans in two years (this includes Samuel), to be replaced within one sesason when it took YEARS for those players to develop into Pro Bowlers. I expect a progression this year, but I am not expecting instantaneous results. This is the problem with our society in general. It's all about immediacy. Give me drive thru food, downloading movies, music at my finger tips, etc. I just assume the people that expect this to be a light switch fix, never really played sports before.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]
    Im wondering which pro team or semi pro team you played on? Would you be kind enough to let us know? I cant wait to hear all about your career

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well right now the Phins and Jests aren't lighting up the scoreboard either. Right now the Bills offense is starting to look more scary than the Jests. I think the Phins will get their act together and put up a halfway decent amount of points this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

To all the whiners out there, its preseason. in 2008, the lions went 4-0 in the preseason and finished 0-16 in the regular season. One loss to a Rams team in a meaningless game where there was no gameplanning is  nothing to get your panties in a bunch for. Had this sort of thing happened in the regular season then we would have something to worry about.

As for now, who cares?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To all the Gloom and Doomer's : Im wondering which pro team or semi pro team you played on? Would you be kind enough to let us know? I cant wait to hear all about your career
    Posted by Phizzeldickus[/QUOTE]

Ich habe einen schwartzen wagen, aber ich spreche lieber uber football :^)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:" It's all about immediacy. Give me drive thru food, downloading movies, music at my finger tips, etc. I just assume the people that expect this to be a light switch fix, never really played sports before.

Instant gratification!!
    We fans totally forget the previous Patriot regimes: 1-15. 2-14, blackouts...we have become spoiled with this winning combo of Kraft, Bill and Brady

We the fans have also forgotten that Teddy was a third rounder, a great college career but a tweener.  Willie Mac was taken #6 overall and was hurt his first few years.  Rodeny a hall of famer was cut by the Chargers.  Mike Vrable did not play for the Steelers and was RFA pick up.  Seymour was a "reach" according to the ecperts.  Samuel was a third rounder, Eugen wilson was  second round pick  Phifer and Pleasat were also relaest by their teams.  I havent even got to the offense but "we the fans" have forgotten how the Great Patriot Teams were built and it wasn't overnight!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Whiners, whiners, every season, every game, nothing but whiners.  Go away whiners!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, I didn't see the game, so I'm hesitant to say anything definitive, other than that losing to the worst team in the league is not acceptable under any circumstances, for any reason.

But what I'm seeing here is certain posters who were who were making wildly optimistic projections based on the Pats' play in the first two preseason games, Oliver Sudden turn around last night and trot out the ol' "It's preseason, it doesn't matter" defense. Some of these are the same people who have been speculating about certain other teams (Green New Jersey and the Colts, particularly) based on ragged preseason performance.

You can't have it both ways, kids (and you know who you are). If the preseason didn't matter last night, then it didn't matter last week or the week before that. There is a lot of legitimate criticism about blind homerism in certain corners of this board that is dismissed (wrongly, in some cases) as trollery or called into question in obtuse discussions of "real" fandom.

I'll say this much:

I prefer a fan base that can see what is in front of it to one that prefers to believe that Bill Belichick can spin straw into gold.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to To all the Gloom and Doomer's:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tcal

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]We whine because we care.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Then go somewhere and else and cryCry. we want real fans here

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not concerned. The defense is young, they will have growing pains. Brady and the offense will be great. Pats have two firsts and two seconds next year. The future looks bright.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Even with the defensive youth, I bet this team has a better record thean the 2001 team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Russ, I appreciate your support for the team, but you need to support the coaches too.  If O'Brien tell them to pass, it's because passing is the best strategy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]That's not true. No one is perfect.  I do support the coaches. O'Brien absolutely needs to show us he can perform.  I do expect an improvement from him because he'll have a 3rd WR and multiple TEs. If he fails here, he's horrendous.  It should be pretty easy to show different looks when Brady is the QB.

yeah. OB is setup with the pass like you said, he needs to make the run game work, or TB needs to boot him off the team