to be a Tom Brady backup is....

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: to be a Tom Brady backup is....

In response to ricky12684's comment:

great article. TB is going to be a HC one day.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/hotread-tom-brady/nfl-playoffs-tom-brady-eyes-backups

Brady will never be a coach. He won't want to.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I don't know if Brady will be a coach. Who was the last great QB to become a coach in the league? Not too many HoF players become coaches. I don't even think a guy like Manning would be a coach.

Hopefully he wins the ring this year, but when he retires, I think he'll feel like he's accomplished everything else he's wanted to do with the game. Coaching is also a large time commitment and his super model wife isn't getting any younger. He can't let that go to waste!

If Brady remains involved in the game, I think he'll go the route that many Jerry Rice, Bruschi, Steve Young, Marino, Ray Lewis and many other greats have gone on and that is a television analyst.

My guess would be him just getting away from the spotlight. But who knows

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Brady will follow in the footsteps of Steve Largent 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Being TB's back-up is akin to being a Maytag salesman - the lonliest job in the world.  Unless of course he's cheap-shotted by a thug and sustains a season-ending injury.  If that happens you go 11-5, the rest of the NFL thinks you have skills, and you're a highly paid starter with the skill sets of an okay back-up. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I think he'll retire from football and stay at a good arm's length.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I highly doubt Brady becomes a coach in the NFL...no way. You telling me this guy is going to spend 18 hours a day as some assistant for years...away from his wife, 35k square foot house and three children? For what? So he can work 18 hours a day as a head coach - in a job where 85% of these guys are fired after three years? Makes no sense. This is a guy sitting on 100 million in contract money and another 30 million in endoresemnts - his wife has even more.

If he is still the super competitive guy that he is today - years from now - he'll put it towards something he doesn't have to spend all his time doing...with the end result very much out of his control.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

he's going to win three more rings and head to the golf course and enjoy his life.