To the geniuses at the CBS network...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNotSmallFeet. Show AcheNotSmallFeet's posts

To the geniuses at the CBS network...

Get rid of the dumb crawl you have that appears at the bottom of the screen during football games on Sunday. It's #### annoying, and it blocks my view of the field

I know you are trying to appeal to the nerds who play Fantasy Football, but hello! Most of your viewers are not fantasy players. We are just regular fans who want to watch the game. We dont need to be informed every 3 minutes who the leading rusher is in the goddamn Jacksonville/Seattle game...

Please do as Fox does, ie out-of-town scores appear unobtrusively in the upper right hand corner of the screen as part of their "Fox Box". Either that, or go back to what you did 4-5 years ago when you flashed the scores once every 20 minutes or so. That was plenty enough for me

I know we live in an information overload world now, but on Sundays if given the choice between, for instance, keeping updated on Kyle Boller's up-to-the-minute passing stats for the day, or having an unimpeded view of the game I'm watching, I will take the unimpeded view every time. I suspect the majority of your viewers feel likewise

Lose the crawl, okay?

Thank you

Sincerely,
    Your pal, ANSF

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softserve. Show softserve's posts

Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network...

You might want to post to CBS instead of here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In the attention-deficit society in which we live, the network knobs are trying desperately to make your television screen look exactly like your computer screen, in the vain hope that you won't feel the need to go elsewhere to find all of the pertinent information that makes your life so full and joyous. The fact that you might actually be trying to watch the game doesn't really enter what passes for their minds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

In Response to To the geniuses at the CBS network...:
    [QUOTE]Get rid of the dumb crawl you have that appears at the bottom of the screen during football games on Sunday. It's #### annoying, and it blocks my view of the field I know you are trying to appeal to the nerds who play Fantasy Football, but hello! Most of your viewers are not fantasy players. We are just regular fans who want to watch the game. We dont need to be informed every 3 minutes who the leading rusher is in the goddamn Jacksonville/Seattle game... Please do as Fox does, ie out-of-town scores appear unobtrusively in the upper right hand corner of the screen as part of their "Fox Box". Either that, or go back to what you did 4-5 years ago when you flashed the scores once every 20 minutes or so. That was plenty enough for me I know we live in an information overload world now, but on Sundays if given the choice between, for instance, keeping updated on Kyle Boller's up-to-the-minute passing stats for the day, or having an unimpeded view of the game I'm watching, I will take the unimpeded view every time. I suspect the majority of your viewers feel likewise Lose the crawl, okay? Thank you Sincerely, Your pal, ANSF
    Posted by AcheNotSmallFeet[/QUOTE]

this fantasy football, however innocent it may seem on the surface, is part of the feminization of pro football.  could it be that the booming fantasy industry has something to do with the abhorrent and radical catering of penalties called in the offense's favor?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to To the geniuses at the CBS network... : this fantasy football, however innocent it may seem on the surface, is part of the feminization of pro football.  could it be that the booming fantasy industry has something to do with the abhorrent and radical catering of penalties called in the offense's favor?
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

As good a theory as any but the colts rules committee is the main reason to blame for the feminization of the nfl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : As good a theory as any but the colts rules committee is the main reason to blame for the feminization of the nfl.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]
    Little bit of info. 
    Dungy used to be on the rules committee, but I don't think he was in his last year.  Does anyone know this or have access to a list of committee members? 

Regardless, your Tom Brady Rule (and btw, pats fans were apoplectic about the hit Mr. Bundechen (sp) received and the penalty and fine it deserved - you get what you scream for) was enacted in the offseason after Dungy retired. 

Colts committee (chuckle).  Some Pats fans will stop at nothing to blame anyone else (particularly the colts) for their team's failures.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : As good a theory as any but the colts rules committee is the main reason to blame for the feminization of the nfl.

cue underdogg in five . . .

four . . .

three . . .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Damn . . .

too late.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from refisc. Show refisc's posts

I like the crawl, and yes its because I play fantasy football. ESPN has been using a crawl for years, and ABC uses it now on its college football broadcasts. It doesn't block out anything, unless you're still watching on an old tube television, in which case you're simply hopeless. Fox's NFL coverage is horrible, with that stupid robot and the ridiculous filter they use to make everything look like someone cranked the color knob all the way up. CBS coverage is far and away the best, including the crawl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]I like the crawl, and yes its because I play fantasy football. ESPN has been using a crawl for years, and ABC uses it now on its college football broadcasts. It doesn't block out anything, unless you're still watching on an old tube television, in which case you're simply hopeless. Fox's NFL coverage is horrible, with that stupid robot and the ridiculous filter they use to make everything look like someone cranked the color knob all the way up. CBS coverage is far and away the best, including the crawl.
    Posted by refisc[/QUOTE]

does this mean you are a female??  because you like the "crawl"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : Little bit of info.  Dungy used to be on the rules committee, but I don't think he was in his last year.  Does anyone know this or have access to a list of committee members?  Regardless, your Tom Brady Rule (and btw, pats fans were apoplectic about the hit Mr. Bundechen (sp) received and the penalty and fine it deserved - you get what you scream for) was enacted in the offseason after Dungy retired.  Colts committee (chuckle).  Some Pats fans will stop at nothing to blame anyone else (particularly the colts) for their team's failures.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

No one asked for a rule clarification as far as I am aware. You do realize that the so-called "Brady Rule" is a clarification and not a new rule, right?

So, what this means is that the NFL erred last year in saying the hit was legal and they finally admitted it when they set up the clarification.

Oh by the way, the Competition Committee for 2009 is as follows:
    Co-Chairs - Rich McKay, Jeff Fisher
    Marvin Lewis
    Rick Smith
    John Mara
    Ozzie Newsome
    Bill Polian
    Mark Richardson

It looks like the Colts have been well represented this decade. Dungy was chairman of the coaches sub-committee until he retired.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to To the geniuses at the CBS network...:
    [QUOTE]Get rid of the dumb crawl you have that appears at the bottom of the screen during football games on Sunday. It's #### annoying, and it blocks my view of the field I know you are trying to appeal to the nerds who play Fantasy Football, but hello! Most of your viewers are not fantasy players. We are just regular fans who want to watch the game. We dont need to be informed every 3 minutes who the leading rusher is in the goddamn Jacksonville/Seattle game... Please do as Fox does, ie out-of-town scores appear unobtrusively in the upper right hand corner of the screen as part of their "Fox Box". Either that, or go back to what you did 4-5 years ago when you flashed the scores once every 20 minutes or so. That was plenty enough for me I know we live in an information overload world now, but on Sundays if given the choice between, for instance, keeping updated on Kyle Boller's up-to-the-minute passing stats for the day, or having an unimpeded view of the game I'm watching, I will take the unimpeded view every time. I suspect the majority of your viewers feel likewise Lose the crawl, okay? Thank you Sincerely, Your pal, ANSF
    Posted by AcheNotSmallFeet[/QUOTE]

I hear you bro...the best is when they are 2 minutes into the game and it says " the players name "and 1 rush for 1 yard........ the qb.....1-1 for 15 yards......like we give a damn

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNotSmallFeet. Show AcheNotSmallFeet's posts

[QUOTE]In the attention-deficit society in which we live, the network knobs are trying desperately to make your television screen look exactly like your computer screen, in the vain hope that you won't feel the need to go elsewhere to find all of the pertinent information that makes your life so full and joyous. The fact that you might actually be trying to watch the game doesn't really enter what passes for their minds.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I know it. Info at the top of the screen/Info at the bottom of the screen. Meanwhile, sandwiched in between, almost as an afterthought, is the game itself. Gee, thanks

It's funny though, if you notice, they remove the crawl during a FG attempt and during a PAT, the two most "exciting" plays in football. Oh, and during the Simms Spotlight too

Oy...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNotSmallFeet. Show AcheNotSmallFeet's posts

[QUOTE]I like the crawl, and yes its because I play fantasy football. ESPN has been using a crawl for years, and ABC uses it now on its college football broadcasts. It doesn't block out anything, unless you're still watching on an old tube television, in which case you're simply hopeless. Fox's NFL coverage is horrible, with that stupid robot and the ridiculous filter they use to make everything look like someone cranked the color knob all the way up. CBS coverage is far and away the best, including the crawl.
    Posted by refisc[/QUOTE]

The crawl on ABC at least hugs the bottom of the screen and for that reason is tolerable. The one on CBS though, please. It is a damn annoyance to anyone tuning in to watch a game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNotSmallFeet. Show AcheNotSmallFeet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to To the geniuses at the CBS network... : I hear you bro...the best is when they are 2 minutes into the game and it says " the players name "and 1 rush for 1 yard........ the qb.....1-1 for 15 yards......like we give a damn
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

LOL

That drives me #### nuts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : No one asked for a rule clarification as far as I am aware. You do realize that the so-called "Brady Rule" is a clarification and not a new rule, right? So, what this means is that the NFL erred last year in saying the hit was legal and they finally admitted it when they set up the clarification. Oh by the way, the Competition Committee for 2009 is as follows: Co-Chairs - Rich McKay, Jeff Fisher Marvin Lewis Rick Smith John Mara Ozzie Newsome Bill Polian Mark Richardson It looks like the Colts have been well represented this decade. Dungy was chairman of the coaches sub-committee until he retired.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Root, I'll address the comments later, but where did you find the information about the competition committee.  I'd like to look at it. 

Also, it was my assumption that there was another committee (not sub committee) called the rules committee of which Dungy was a part.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Flashing the individual stats before the end of the game is aggravating. I don't mind seeing them during the late games covering the early games but to see it all day makes no sense and just slows it up. 
    I also don't know which channel does what but one of them flashes who has the ball and where they are on the field, I think that's awesome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Why should CBS be any different? It's run by bean-counting plagiarists who earned their degrees at Lockstep University and wouldn't recognize an original thought if it jumped up and bit them on the astroturf. There haven't been any geniuses at CBS since Ed Murrow departed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : Root, I'll address the comments later, but where did you find the information about the competition committee.  I'd like to look at it.  Also, it was my assumption that there was another committee (not sub committee) called the rules committee of which Dungy was a part.

Competition committee is the official title which Dungy was a member of last year, not sure who replaced him but the Colts have had Dungy and Polian on the committee for years, the only team with more than one member, hmmmm...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

PatsR -

I think you are wrong and Root has it right. 

I was always under the assumption that there was a rules committee and a competition committee.  Officially there is a competition committee, but now I believe many call the competition committee the "rules committee".

There is some info on the web that states that Dungy was on the coaches committee, but I don't think Dungy has ever been on the competition committee, because Polian has been on it for quite some time.  I'd be very surprised if the league ownership allowed 2 people from the same team on the same committee.  If you can prove to me otherwise then I'll accept. 

Root - back to you - as for the clarification, lets call it an elaboratation or clause "a" of the rule.  Regardless, it was an addition.  It is different than the ty law rule which included no clarification the emphasis to enforce the rule as written. 

I don't agree that it absolutely means that the committee's original intention was to consider the hit that occurred to Brady as falling within it.  But after the hit, someone said (and it could have been Polian) a hit like Brady's should be included with the rule.  At least that is my perspective, and I don't think the clarification means (as you suggest) that hit was incorrectly not penalized. 

Finally, yes the colts have been well represented within the competition committee.  I don't know if anyone on the pats has put his hat in the ring to be considered, but if Jerry Jones is now on the committee (took richardson's place) anyone can be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Your splitting hairs, yes indeed, there is a competition committee and a coaches committee and they all sit together at a table and make the new rule ''proposals'' for our brilliant commish lol.

I wish the Krafts were on it to balance the issues but it won't happen and with Jerry Jones in there now things are sure to get worse.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

PatsR - do you have some insight into these workings as you suggest.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]PatsR - do you have some insight into these workings as you suggest.

My big qualm: Bill Polian's opposition to Bill Belichick's proposal that each team have a camera lined up with each sideline and goal line to standardize instant replays.  Right now they're at the mercy of whoever might be shooting for TV at the time, and I don't think that's right.

I still remember all the Denver fans on ESPN.com who admitted that they were at the divisional game against the Patriots in January of 2006 when Benjamin Watson chased down Champ Bailey and forced a fumble that, according to people who were sitting in that corner, clearly traveled through the end zone for what should have been a touchback and Patriots ball, not out of bounds at the one yard line and Denver ball as ruled.  Others said that they were cheering for Denver to hurry up and get the extra point off before the Pats challenged it.  With standardized camera angles, these things would be obvious.

But it's Belichick's idea, and Polian is only interested in preventing Belichick's press coverage from beating up on his receivers.  Better to promote dubious pass interference and illegal contact calls like in the Jets/Dolphins game last night than improve play with standardized replay angles that guarantee views of the boundary plays being challenged...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the geniuses at the CBS network... : Competition committee is the official title which Dungy was a member of last year, not sure who replaced him but the Colts have had Dungy and Polian on the committee for years, the only team with more than one member, hmmmm...

Why don't you do a bit of research before posting. Dungy was on the coaches sub-committee.

Honestly, is searching the interwebs too difficult for some people?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Your splitting hairs, yes indeed, there is a competition committee and a coaches committee and they all sit together at a table and make the new rule ''proposals'' for our brilliant commish lol. I wish the Krafts were on it to balance the issues but it won't happen and with Jerry Jones in there now things are sure to get worse.

Jerry Jones is not on the committee. Stephen Jones is. He took Mark Richardson's place. 

With apologies, I was working from the CC list from earlier this year and didn't have the change.