To the Whiners:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

To the Whiners:

Maybe you should become Tampa Bay, Buffalo, or Kansas City fans. That way, you won't be so disappointed all the time because you won't have such high expectations.

I have never seen so many spoiled fans be so miserable about a 7-4 team that has a 2+ game lead in their division, and is only 1 game behind for a first round bye.

They can't go 16-0 every year. It's been more fun to watch them this year than it was in 2007 anyways! If I remember correctly, at least 2 of the 3 years that the Pats won the Super Bowl, they had a humiliating loss in there somewhere (Bills 31-0? Steelers 34-13?). I actually saw someone say that they're better off tanking the rest of the season and trying to improve their draft pick. Are you kidding me?

Some people need to realize that we've got it pretty good around here with Sports...and this team is as likeable as any Pats team I've seen this decade. One thing I've learned this decade is that you can never really count the Pats out.

Being miserable about a 7-4 team isn't really being a fan as much as it is being a hater. I understand that maybe this year they don't have the best team in the league....oh my god...what are we going to do now????

And remember....in 2001, the Pats didn't have the best team in the league, and it ended up being the greatest season in franchise history...so maybe the season isn't over just yet.

Enjoy the ride, or get off the bus!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: To the Whiners:

SAY IT BROTHER!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

While I do have high standards for this team, I do agree with the premise of this post.  There seems to be a population of posters here that hang on every word the media has to say about the Patriots.  In 2001, we all heard the Rams were going to kill us in the Super Bowl and we know how that turned out.  I think we need to focus less on the "highlight reel" offense and develop into a team that works methodically down the field on offense (screens and passing to the TE's more).  On defense we need to find a pass rush.  Our OLB's and DE's just don't seem as capable as in this past.  This could be a result of personnel (most likely) and to a lesser extent scheme.  I would rather we play more aggressive defense and get burned some, as opposed to allowing a team to eat up the clock and still score a TD.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In Response to To the Whiners::
    [QUOTE]Maybe you should become Tampa Bay, Buffalo, or Kansas City fans. That way, you won't be so disappointed all the time because you won't have such high expectations. I have never seen so many spoiled fans be so miserable about a 7-4 team that has a 2+ game lead in their division, and is only 1 game behind for a first round bye. They can't go 16-0 every year. It's been more fun to watch them this year than it was in 2007 anyways! If I remember correctly, at least 2 of the 3 years that the Pats won the Super Bowl, they had a humiliating loss in there somewhere (Bills 31-0? Steelers 34-13?). I actually saw someone say that they're better off tanking the rest of the season and trying to improve their draft pick. Are you kidding me? Some people need to realize that we've got it pretty good around here with Sports...and this team is as likeable as any Pats team I've seen this decade. One thing I've learned this decade is that you can never really count the Pats out. Being miserable about a 7-4 team isn't really being a fan as much as it is being a hater. I understand that maybe this year they don't have the best team in the league....oh my god...what are we going to do now???? And remember....in 2001, the Pats didn't have the best team in the league, and it ended up being the greatest season in franchise history...so maybe the season isn't over just yet. Enjoy the ride, or get off the bus!
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I agree  , also remember that in 2001 the LAST game we lost was against the Rams ( greatest show on Turf!!!) and eventually met them in the Super Bowl.

odds are good , based on December history and our upcoming schedule, we could see the Saints again.

PS: the 16-0 season has tempered me to go overboard on seasonal losses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe you should become Tampa Bay, Buffalo, or Kansas City fans. That way, you won't be so disappointed all the time because you won't have such high expectations. I have never seen so many spoiled fans be so miserable about a 7-4 team that has a 2+ game lead in their division, and is only 1 game behind for a first round bye. They can't go 16-0 every year. It's been more fun to watch them this year than it was in 2007 anyways! If I remember correctly, at least 2 of the 3 years that the Pats won the Super Bowl, they had a humiliating loss in there somewhere (Bills 31-0? Steelers 34-13?). I actually saw someone say that they're better off tanking the rest of the season and trying to improve their draft pick. Are you kidding me? Some people need to realize that we've got it pretty good around here with Sports...and this team is as likeable as any Pats team I've seen this decade. One thing I've learned this decade is that you can never really count the Pats out. Being miserable about a 7-4 team isn't really being a fan as much as it is being a hater. I understand that maybe this year they don't have the best team in the league....oh my god...what are we going to do now???? And remember....in 2001, the Pats didn't have the best team in the league, and it ended up being the greatest season in franchise history...so maybe the season isn't over just yet. Enjoy the ride, or get off the bus!

I agree anything can happen but I think these Pats are nowhere near as tough as the 2001 - 2004 Pats especially on D. The Pats since 2007 are more like the Rams of 2001 or the Colts 2003 -2004. A high powered offense that struggles when a team hits them in the mouth. The Pats used to be the team that hit other teams i n the mouth. Can't complain though all eras come to an end sometime and unless BB can devise something new especially with the D then I think it maybe 1 home playoff win and that's it this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I agree... I HATE the whining and I am always one of the first to point out the good on the Pats...

But I also agree that this is not the team we have seen in the past.  In 2003 - 2004 I had my "bring it" additude...  I still have that now because I think the Pats can beat any team at anytime but I would be lieing to you if I didn't say that in the back of mind I think: "well... if the Pats get the #2 and draw Cincy at home and SD goes to Indy and beats them..."

Granted I am always playing out scenarios like that in my head - but something is missing this season. 

Lets face it - we are all Pats fans and we LOVE Brady, BB and our DEFENSE!! 

Back in the day it was Big Willy, Teddy B and Ted Wash, Vrable, Law, Harrison.... the list goes on and on and not one of them are there now.  Not saying our D isnt good now... but man, back in the day going into any house with those guys getting your back... you FEARED NO ONE.

Ok - that said.. back to reality.  Pats will won the division and they are the New England Patriots... another SB is not a dream fellas... it CAN HAPPEN and it WILL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I dunno, I'm tired of the whiners complaining about the whiners....lol :)

It's almost like the extreme liberals and extreme right wingers complaining about each other.  Most of us aren't fair weathered fans...and most of us don't drink Koolaid and blindlessly believe that BB can do no wrong.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to hear about the whiners compaining about the whiners who are whining....oh, wait a sec, that would be me.

:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Standing on that soap box make's you look tall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: To the Whiners::
    [QUOTE]In Response to To the Whiners: : I dunno, I'm tired of the whiners complaining about the whiners....lol :) It's almost like the extreme liberals and extreme right wingers complaining about each other.  Most of us aren't fair weathered fans...and most of us don't drink Koolaid and blindlessly believe that BB can do no wrong. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to hear about the whiners compaining about the whiners who are whining....oh, wait a sec, that would be me. :)
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Me too Bubba!  We all want the Pats to win but we all do it in a different way. I thought these boards were supposed to be for Cheering, whining and Speculating.
    Besides there is an old saying. To the Whiner goes the spoils. Or something like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the Whiners: : Me too Bubba!  We all want the Pats to win but we all do it in a different way. I thought these boards were supposed to be for Cheering, whining and Speculating. Besides there is an old saying. To the Whiner goes the spoils. Or something like that.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE] same here,but i like it how some feel they are the perfect fan.that they have never once complained about something on there team,or never cussed a player out for fumbling a ball,or throwing a pick.if you have never done any of this once then you are a perfect true fan.as for me,im a true fan,but far from perfect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the Whiners: : same here,but i like it how some feel they are the perfect fan.that they have never once complained about something on there team,or never cussed a player out for fumbling a ball,or throwing a pick.if you have never done any of this once then you are a perfect true fan.as for me,im a true fan,but far from perfect.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

My attitude towards the Pats is this: If they win I don't care what is wrong with them and I'll overlook the weeknesses because I'd rather be happy they won. But if they get destroyed on defense like they have then I'm interested in talking about what we need to do to fix what's wrong because it makes me happier to think we have a future than it does to say we suckkkk. I may be the stereotypical Boston fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

I agree with the sentiments expressed in the first entry posted here.  Whiners will always whine, and there is no harm done inasking what went wrong in a game like the Saints game.  What I cannot tolerate is the notion of some fans who claim that all of a sudden Belichick can't coach and Brady is all washed up.  The Patriots have had the best run of any NFL team in the last 20 years.  If they draft well in the next two years (I admit I am a bit nervous about this) they should be able to get younger and address the needs they have to be serious contenders for a super bowl once again, and without going on a ten year swoon after the good times like the Dallas Cowboys.  Some of these so-called Patriot fans sound an awful lot like the fickle Cowboy fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

AMEN!!

GO PATS!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Standing on that soap box make's you look tall.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I need all the help I can get ....cuz I'm only 4'11". I gotta where elevator shoes too....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the Whiners: : I need all the help I can get ....cuz I'm only 4'11". I gotta where elevator shoes too....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

That actually wasn't directed at you BH.  Sorry for any confusion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Thanks Chaucer. While I agree with most of the posts on here, Chaucer pretty much sums up why I started this post. Of course people are going to question and second-guess. I do the same. That's part of being a fan.

Wanting to rationally talk about the team's problems, or a certain game....or debate on whether or not they should have gone for it on 4th and 2 is one thing. Saying that Belichek is, all of a sudden, a moron, and that Tom Brady only points the finger at someone else because in his press conference, he kept saying "we played bad" instead of "I played bad"....or someone saying that we're better off tanking the rest of the season to improve our draft pick is something completely different!! They don't debate as to whether or not Belichek is the best coach of all time because he's a moron. Any Pats fan who is going to sit there and claim that Tom Brady only cares about himself doesn't pay attention...and well...when you're team is 7-4 and you're calling for them to tank the rest of the season....how is that being supportive of your team? These people claim to be fans??? Those are the people I am calling out...the fan that hates.....not the loyal fan who questions and debates.....

I apologize to the people who are tired of hearing people complain about the whiners....lol.....but for the past 2-3 weeks, every article I have read on this website has been followed by some of the comments I just mentioned and it's pretty frustrating because it's almost like the rational fan has become outnumbered on here.

It's more than Ok to question your team....but if you consider yourself a fan...you also need to support them. If you don't support them or what they are doing (or trying to)....and if watching them turns you into a hateful #@$#@#....then why even watch in the first place?

The point of my post was to simply remind people that things could be a whole lot worse, and that things aren't as bad as we make them out to be. There are alot of other teams that would be more than happy to trade places with us.

So just chill out....a little?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

And don't get me wrong...I am just as spoiled as the rest of us. I expect us to win every game. I was so pissed after the Indy game that I couldn't even sleep. But the next day I was at work...and a couple people I work with have pretty much already stopped watching their teams because they've pretty much been eliminated from the playoffs already...and I started thinking...."Man, I'm flipping out because we lost one or two games when there are other people around here who have teams that are 4 or 5 games below .500"...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

At the end of the day even if the Pats aren't as strong as they have been in the past, it does seem like we have a good chance to make the playoffs.  Also, hopefully these losses will help this young team grow and learn.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the Whiners: : That actually wasn't directed at you BH.  Sorry for any confusion.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

LOL. No worries. I thought u were looking at my Moss bobble head and was referring to the box he was standing on......lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprfrk81. Show sprfrk81's posts

COULDNT AGREE MORE, NEVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPN EITHER, IM 28 , SEEN SUM PRETTY BAD TEAMS 90'S SOX, PATS CELTS, B'S,WE HAV IT SO GOOD ROUND HERE! HONESTLY , WUT OTHER CITY/STATE, CAN SAY HHHMM SAY LAST 8 FOR PATS, SAME FOR SOX, THEY HAD PREETY GOOD TEAMS ROUND 99-2000, LAST 4 FOR CELTS , HAV SUM POTENTIONAL, EVERY YR WE GOT A SHOT. N FOR THE PATS, PEOP DONT OR HAVNT REALIZED YET THEY HAV BEEN REBUILDN THE PAST 2YRS. SPECIALLY ON D. DOIN A VERY POOR JOB I THINK, BUT NONE THE LESS REBUILDN. HAVNT EXACTLY BEEN KILLIN IT IN THE DRAFT EITHER!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

as stated before, the pats were NOT the best team in the NFL in 2001 but won the superbowl... Constrastly, in 2007 we were (statistically and record-wise) the BEST team in the NFL.  we saw how that worked out for us.  the NFL is an unpredictable league.  this should be an interesting (and fun) winter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]COULDNT AGREE MORE, NEVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPN EITHER, IM 28 , SEEN SUM PRETTY BAD TEAMS 90'S SOX, PATS CELTS, B'S,WE HAV IT SO GOOD ROUND HERE! HONESTLY , WUT OTHER CITY/STATE, CAN SAY HHHMM SAY LAST 8 FOR PATS, SAME FOR SOX, THEY HAD PREETY GOOD TEAMS ROUND 99-2000, LAST 4 FOR CELTS , HAV SUM POTENTIONAL, EVERY YR WE GOT A SHOT. N FOR THE PATS, PEOP DONT OR HAVNT REALIZED YET THEY HAV BEEN REBUILDN THE PAST 2YRS. SPECIALLY ON D. DOIN A VERY POOR JOB I THINK, BUT NONE THE LESS REBUILDN. HAVNT EXACTLY BEEN KILLIN IT IN THE DRAFT EITHER!
    Posted by sprfrk81[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think OVERALL we've drafted well recently but they're just not at their full potential yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Don't give up on this season at all.

The way it looks right now the Pats will have to play a home game on wild card week end.  Probably a win at Gillette.

Two tough road games unless the top seeds get eliminated.  They have already out played Indy in Indy and lost; good chance they go there and win.

Before you know it......Superbowl!

Maybe we play New Orleans and we are healthier than they are.

Maybe we play Minnesota and Favre has turned back into the human turnover machine that we would love to see.

All of this could happen and 99% of the posts on this site will claim they never doubted the Pats.

It could happen! Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

As for this post, forums allow for all sorts of opinions. Some unrealistic, some negative etc. I don't like it when the name calling starts. I'm comfortable with all posters here as long as there honest in there opinions. I prefer to adopt the Bill Parcels stance that this football team is what it is. a team in the process of rebuilding. A team with a great owner, great coach and a Hall of Fame starting QB. I love Welker but the Pats don't have enough quality WRs. Moss is a riddle? Not enough quality assistant coaches. A few promising O-lineman (I really like Volmer). A bunch of young guys on D. They are not an elite team. They lack the veteran leadership they once had. No one can deny that the team misses Vrabel's, Harrison's and Bruschi's leadership. That's just being realistic.