TO to the Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

TO to the Patriots?

we need a receiver under moss and welker and who better than TO? I know he has had drama issues before which made me not like him but this year i didnt hear a peep out of him and just now i watched a report saying him in with the Bengals could happen and he'd be happy to coexhist with ochocinco because they want a super  bowl. So if he can get along with him why not get along with one of the best quarterbacks in the game and be part of an amazing passing game and with his addition have a very very high chance at a super bowl run? Anyone else agree?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Re: TO to the Patriots?

I wouldnt mind seeing him in a pats uniform here is the problem with guys like him and chad ochocino they are all in it for themselves they dont care about wins or superbowls as long as they have stats at the end of the day and season. The pats are a fined tune machine with everyone working on the same page or at least what they strive for. So not sure but could possibly be a 1 year coin flip maybe it will work maybe not.

I would love boldin first and see who else is out there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

LOLOLOLOLOL TO playing backseat to Moss?  That is at least the way you phrased it.  That would never happen in this or any other universe.

Both guys are about equal in talent anyway, so why would T.O sit when he can start on another team?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Potential problems yes, but it might not be the worst signing ever, especially if we can't get Boldin or sign edwards away from the jets.

Maybe TO and Moss would compete against each other, in a good way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Unclealife;

It's the worst idea in the history of sports, strategically and from a team chemistry perspective.

At this point in his career, T.O is no longer a complete receiver.  He's basically a deep threat to stretch the field, which coincidentally, is what Moss is gravitating towards, and will be in another year or two when he hits T.O's current age.  You don't two WR's with no possession guy.  Boldin is a much more complete receiver and would give Pats the big, possesion/physical presense that can seperate from press coverage.  That is what they are missing now;  they already have speed.

The chemistry problems are obvious.  Those two egos would never coexist.  You may doubt this because Moss is not one to yap like T.O., but that is just because he is not comfortable dealing with pressure and a bit less extroverted.  He's never wanted to be labeled as the leader on any team, doesn't really make the big play in big games, etc.  In terms of ego though, make no mistake that he, just like T.O, believes he's the number 1 guy.  And, you obviously can't have two #1's on the field at the same time.  Although Moss is stil a #1 and TO is a #2, TO doesn't believe this yet.

Moss and T.O have always had a rivalry dating back to Minn & San Fran days.  Would never work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Never happen ! You've got a better chance of watching hell freeze over,while sitting in front of a nice warm fire toasting marshmellows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"It's the worst idea in the history of sports, strategically and from a team chemistry perspective.
    At this point in his career, T.O is no longer a complete receiver.  He's basically a deep threat to stretch the field, which coincidentally, is what Moss is gravitating towards, and will be in another year or two when he hits T.O's current age.  You don't two WR's with no possession guy.  Boldin is a much more complete receiver and would give Pats the big, possesion/physical presense that can seperate from press coverage.  That is what they are missing now;  they already have speed.

The chemistry problems are obvious.  Those two egos would never coexist.  You may doubt this because Moss is not one to yap like T.O., but that is just because he is not comfortable dealing with pressure and a bit less extroverted.  He's never wanted to be labeled as the leader on any team, doesn't really make the big play in big games, etc.  In terms of ego though, make no mistake that he, just like T.O, believes he's the number 1 guy.  And, you obviously can't have two #1's on the field at the same time.  Although Moss is stil a #1 and TO is a #2, TO doesn't believe this yet.

Moss and T.O have always had a rivalry dating back to Minn & San Fran days.  Would never work."

This thing...

~
    Also note that we haven't heard anything from TO because:  1) Buffalo's located somewhere north of Santa's Workshop (both places may be works of fiction from what I've heard) 2) Buffalo is not a winner, so as a player-WhoTH cares when you lose...yet 1 more loss is nothin' to get worked up over  3) TO's single brain cell informed him that IF a]you're a talented NFL WR + b] NFL Clubs llike to win games + c]the only team to really offer you anything was The Bills = THEREFORE d] you must have some pretty bad traits... 
    {in this sense-picture TO like 1920's Germany-a tightly bound powder keg that's been bidding it's time because he sees people tip-toeing around him with distrust, yet they're beginning to forgetfully light their cigarettes ever and ever closer to him once more...and that's good, that is sooo good because those nice people look like they've been enjoying themselves...and those same nice folks are the one's who backed Mr TO right here into this dark, dim corner}

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Laz;

Exactly.  T.O will blow up any team, and to throw him on a team with an established #1 that he competed against statwise for years as the best WR in the NFL would just add fuel to the fire.

I remember when SF played Minn 6 or 7 years ago, and T.O stated up and down in the papers that entire week that he was the best WR in the NFL and was going to prove it that Sunday.  Whether that rivalry was real between the two, or all drummed up in T.O's head, no one knows, especially considering that Moss is not all that outspoken in the media.

That's not the type of competition that is healthy for a team though, when one guy (T.O) needs all the attention, and will find a way to get it one way or the other if he is not getting the ball. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I think TO knows he's a second-class NFL citizen now and he's looking around at where he can spend his last year or two. Now "the ring" is important to him so he says. I have no reason to doubt that. He's not going to get another good payday so the only thing left to play for is the ring.

If the Pats can't secure a good receiver in the draft or in free agency than TO starts looking good. He'll sign on a team desperate for a receiver and still won't get paid well. He may want to go to the Bengals but he has just as much of a chance playing for ring with the Pats so why not? His physical skills may be gone though.

Why wouldn't this happen? He has a huge ego but he's at the end of the line as well. I'd be more scared of him getting a bonus like Galloway and then checking out of the season 2 or 3 million dollars richer for no production.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Honestly I would LOVE to see him here for a year as an experiment.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

LOL, Nope, never. he's over-the-hill.

we need a larry fitzgerald type to take the heat off Moss

remember what happened in the recent colts-jets champ game. the jets hsut down wayne and clark, but still were able to find Garcon and Collie. that's what we need badly we need to be four deep at WR, and not with old crusty vets that can't keep their traps shut. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

"Exactly.  T.O will blow up any team, and to throw him on a team with an established #1 that he competed against statwise for years as the best WR in the NFL would just add fuel to the fire."

you mean like josh reed, lee evans? they are both very good WR's and evans is pretty much the established #1 in Buffalo, TO managed not to blow them up. I say offer him one year 3 million and have a 5 million dollar option for a 2nd year. Give him a try if he screws up cut him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Natesubs;

Dude, the Bills had another losing season, T.O is gone after another year, and he once again mouthed off . . . . . or pulled a Moss and basically shrugged off everything so the media wouldn't scold him. 

I'd say that, other than the fact that his trip to buffalo was shorter than any of his other stints, the end result was pretty much the same.

You are dreaming if you think he'd ever coexist with Moss on the same team . . . .
    And for the guy saying, "we need another Fitzgerald type to take the heat off of Moss", it's more like, "Fitzgerald needs a Moss type to take the heat off of himself when Boldin leaves" . . . . . Fitzgerald is probably the best WR in the NFL right now.  Another guy that wouldn't take a backseat to 33 year old Moss.