TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison

In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison:
    [QUOTE]i have always liked TO as a player.... a little less recently with his propensity for drops the last 3 years.... and i did feel bad for him during his postgame presser .... everyone was trying to bait him into saying something or "pulling a TO"... he kept his cool and didnt throw anyone under the bus. Now this shouldnt necessarily be applauded cause he should act this way but he kept his cool
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting point. Owens has clearly taken a step back from the elite receiver we all remember from Super Bowl XXXVIIII (seems like such a long time ago now). He doesn't get the kind of seperation he once could and he's dropping way too many balls to make his histrionics worth the trouble -- but the media does, in fact, try to lead TO down the garden path, so to speak, and it also blows innocuous statements way out of proportion trying to make every presser a "TO moment." 

Look, I like watching grown men cry as much as the next guy, but when TO's career is over, he's going to miss the spotlight to such an extent that he is going to do something tragic (or more likely, a whole string of tragic things) to try to keep the focus on himself. We don't really need to be turning the touring carnival into a full-blown three-ring circus while he's still around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

tweet >>>"Rodney this is T Old u use ""DAMN! can't see in here,I'll lite a match....OUCH!!!!""  Rodney u r a loser and I"m the best and u no it"<<<tweet

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Look, I like watching grown men cry as much as the next guy, but when TO's career is over, he's going to miss the spotlight to such an extent that he is going to do something tragic (or more likely, a whole string of things). Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Or he could end up like Rodney Harrison and be given a national forum to do nothing more than trash talk former opponents and teams as opposed to providing meaningful expert insight.  Of course, sizzle is what sells.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : Or he could end up like Rodney Harrison and be given a national forum to do nothing more than trash talk former opponents and teams as opposed to providing meaningful expert insight.  Of course, sizzle is what sells.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I try not to spend much time listening to the talking heads. The paradox of employing knowledgeable former players as broadcast analysts is that the number of them who can actually communicate effectively is singularly few. Now, I realize you have a hard-on for Harrison because he was cornered into admitting something that is rampant throughout the league (Hey, that's sounds familiar) and that fuels your irrational disdain for a bunch of guys that wear the wrong color bliue, but I would be very surprised if Harrison is any worse or better than . . .   oh . . .  just off the top of my head, Michael Irvin or Deon Sanders or Sterling Sharpe or . . .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Mike - we may live somewhat in a "if you don't get caught, it ain't cheatin' " society, and I may agree that there are other users "out there" that we know nothing about, but that doesn't excuse Harrison.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I am glad to see King Rodney annoys you so much, you'll have to adjust because the RODNEY HARRISON/tony dungy tandem are getting good reviews. Whatever disdain you have for Rodney just remember the same disdain for dingy is here in this PATRIOTS FORUM tenfold, sukk it up and stfu.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]For the record, I hate TO.  He is the most selfish player in the NFL.  TEAM is a foreign word and to him should be 2 words:  AT ME.   But I don't mind him calling out Rodney Harrison.  Harrison is a trash talking, dirty playing, late hitting, cheating imbecile.  He actually tries to trash talk Tony Dungy on National TV.  Which utimately makes him look like a snarky 13 year old. 

Rodney harrison is ten times the NFL player of any man on the Colts defense. He has 4 times the Superbowl appearances as Manning or Dungy so maybe you should bow down and pay him respect. I know Manning does not disrespect #37!  He played the game with 100 % effort his whole career. When Bob Sanders(defensive mvp or not) can put together a career like Rodney has you let me know! Until then you should just keep praying that the Hitman doesn't ring Dungys neck in front of a national audience. Judging by the nervous look on Dungys face every Sunday night, it looks like he knows its a possibility.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : Rodney harrison is ten times the NFL player of any man on the Colts defense. He has 4 times the Superbowl appearances as Manning or Dungy so maybe you should bow down and pay him respect. I know Manning does not disrespect #37!  He played the game with 100 % effort his whole career. When Bob Sanders(defensive mvp or not) can put together a career like Rodney has you let me know! Until then you should just keep praying that the Hitman doesn't ring Dungys neck in front of a national audience. Judging by the nervous look on Dungys face every Sunday night, it looks like he knows its a possibility.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    *Your first sentence is flawed opinion because a) your saying it and b) you can't prove it. 
    *Your second sentence is wrong because you do not know your facts. 
    *I will reserve my respect for players who are not caught cheating.  He's a PED's hore who in a Belichickian way tried to make an excuse for the use by saying he used it only to heal, yet received a package of hgh just before the superbowl in 04, a year during which he missed NO games due to injury.  hmmm.
    *I have no doubt that you might be right about Harrison jacking Dungy in studio.  If he's an HGH user, he's probably a roid lover, too.  Take his nasty demeanor and add a little roid fuel and you never know what you might get. 
    * You know when most people call someone a dirty cheat, the dirty adjective doesn't necessarily fit, but in Rodney's case (dirtiest player in the league, Mr. hit a player after he's tackled) the words go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.
    **He's a heckuva a guy AND a role model.  (please let me know if you missed the appropriate tone of this last comment).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : *Your first sentence is flawed opinion because a) your saying it and b) you can't prove it.  *Your second sentence is wrong because you do not know your facts.  *I will reserve my respect for players who are not caught cheating.  He's a PED's hore who in a Belichickian way tried to make an excuse for the use by saying he used it only to heal, yet received a package of hgh just before the superbowl in 04, a year during which he missed NO games due to injury.  hmmm. *I have no doubt that you might be right about Harrison jacking Dungy in studio.  If he's an HGH user, he's probably a roid lover, too.  Take his nasty demeanor and add a little roid fuel and you never know what you might get.  * You know when most people call someone a dirty cheat, the dirty adjective doesn't necessarily fit, but in Rodney's case (dirtiest player in the league, Mr. hit a player after he's tackled) the words go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. **He's a heckuva a guy AND a role model.  (please let me know if you missed the appropriate tone of this last comment).

Bow down underdonk! You would trade away your entire defense to get a player like Rodney Harrison. If Polian was a little less of a whiny under achiever and a little more of an effective front office guy maybe you guys would do better in the play-offs, oh wait then again Peyton Manning is your QB and he just doesn't do well in the play-offs. Hey underdonk who's fault is it that you guys don't win much when it counts? Mannings, Polians, or Dungys?

Bow Down Donk! Respect the Greatness!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cameron. Show Cameron's posts

[QUOTE] Oh underdogg.....Why are you constantly on this forum?  Like venting?  Colts boards boring?  Like trying to stir things up? I think you attempted to explain this once, but if I recall you did a bad job in that attempt!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I Agree With You.

Hey Underdog, Get A Life!! "Roll My Eye To You"

I'm Rodney Harrison Fan Plus Pats, Fan, Too. I'm Sure Rodney Will Mouth Against On T.O. Becuz Rodney Harrison Does Not Give A DAMN About T.O.!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison:
    [QUOTE]terrellowens I could less about Rodney Harrison! Anybody tht using steroids, yes STEROIDS rodney, is a cheater & cheated the game! Is tht Y u used steroids b/c u were worried about ur stats or ws it b/c u were losing it? Lol! U're a loser & a cheater? Got any steroid ... Hey rodney! Send me sum steroids 2 the Bills facility next week! Ok! Now I got tht outta the way I'm ready 4 next week's game!! Gotta keep the faith! Let the critics & haters hate!!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Good grief! This is what a degree with the U of T Chattanooga begets...rudimentary grammar skills? I seriously hope this was not composed by TO, as it is embarrassing at best. Yikes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Harrison is terrible in the studio.  Maybe he'll get better but right now he is painful to listen to.  I don't know that that was really TO but whoever it is has a point. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : Bow down underdonk! You would trade away your entire defense to get a player like Rodney Harrison. If Polian was a little less of a whiny under achiever and a little more of an effective front office guy maybe you guys would do better in the play-offs, oh wait then again Peyton Manning is your QB and he just doesn't do well in the play-offs. Hey underdonk who's fault is it that you guys don't win much when it counts? Mannings, Polians, or Dungys? Bow Down Donk! Respect the Greatness!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Why would the colts or polian do that?  He drafted a better player.  You know, Bob Sanders DPOY (its a foreign award to Rodney).  Additionally, when Bob is hurt, he heals the right way (as far as we know), whereas rodney adds a little PED fuel to his recovery.  Who cares if its against the rules, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : Good grief! This is what a degree with the U of T Chattanooga begets...rudimentary grammar skills? I seriously hope this was not composed by TO, as it is embarrassing at best. Yikes!  
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

Yes, Laurie....that is what a degree from the Chattanooga Choo Choo will get you, unfortunately....embarrassment after embarrassment....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

lol I mean damn. Somebody needs to assess the validity of TO's degree. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]If T.O. could put his ego behind him for just one season, he could become the best decoy in the league.  Its a shame.
    It'll be much more fun to just watch this fool self-destruct again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]wouldn't matter.  whoever tweeted got rodney right as a cheater.  why do you think he and belichick got along so well?

Are you seriously still talking about this. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : Are you seriously still talking about this. 
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    Why single me out?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

[QUOTE]wouldn't matter.  whoever tweeted got rodney right as a cheater.  why do you think he and belichick got along so well?

Get the F*ck off this blog you hick.  Your team pollutes the old stadium with artificial noise and you think it is fine.  Your star Wideout is a gun toting thug murderer who everyone still praisers.

I'd take 1/2 a Bill B over 12 Tony Dungy's any day!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

[QUOTE]For the record, I hate TO.  He is the most selfish player in the NFL.  TEAM is a foreign word and to him should be 2 words:  AT ME.   But I don't mind him calling out Rodney Harrison.  Harrison is a trash talking, dirty playing, late hitting, cheating imbecile.  He actually tries to trash talk Tony Dungy on National TV.  Which utimately makes him look like a snarky 13 year old. 

Tony Dungy could not manage his own family (particularily his son), let alone a team!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : Why single me out?

Because of the reference to BB. Every team in the league was doing this and until Boygini decided to go female wasn't a problem because all the teams were doing it. If you can prove to me that the Pats were the only team doing this than I'd agree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : Because of the reference to BB. Every team in the league was doing this and until Boygini decided to go female wasn't a problem because all the teams were doing it. If you can prove to me that the Pats were the only team doing this than I'd agree.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    Sammy -
    You know I've heard this frequently here that every team was filming opposing coaches signals from the sidelines, but I've yet to see anything proving it.  And it is not my burden to prove that others weren't doing it, rather its your burden to prove that they were.  And I remind you that you said EVERY team was doing it which I find EXTREMELY unlikely. 

Now it is possible that a few teams were doing this and were warned.  In fact, we've read rumors of this.  In fact, I think the pats were part of that rumor as an offender.  I think this is why the league sent a memo to all teams reminding them that filming opposing coaches signals from the sidelines was against the rules.  Apparently, BB's dog ate his memo, because he did not comply.

Do you know if any other team (or EVERY team as you stated) was taping after the memo was sent out? 

Again, its not my burden to disprove your point.  Rather, it is your burden to prove it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thearchisuck. Show thearchisuck's posts

That fact of the matter is Rodney caught more balls in a meaningful superbowl, as a saftey, than TO did, on his new team, in a less than meaningful week 3 this season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Underddog, both Jimmie Johnson and Bill Pacells publicly stated that this is a common practice around the league and ALL the teams partake in it. You're right, I can't prove all the other teams are/or were doing it but please tell me why all the coaches calling in plays still cover their mouths when sending in plays, even when they're not playing the Pats?
    Why would only a few teams be doing it when it was commonly known it happens? Parcells said that as a head coach you have to take every advantage to help your team win. Now, is it possible that this was a widespread practice used across the league and Eric Mangini (upset about the way BB thrashed him publicly for the way he left the Pats) wanted to get back at the old boss and rat on him?

By the way, what's the Pats record since this happened? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TO tweets his feelings about Rodney Harrison : Sammy - You know I've heard this frequently here that every team was filming opposing coaches signals from the sidelines, but I've yet to see anything proving it.  And it is not my burden to prove that others weren't doing it, rather its your burden to prove that they were.  And I remind you that you said EVERY team was doing it which I find EXTREMELY unlikely.  Now it is possible that a few teams were doing this and were warned.  In fact, we've read rumors of this.  In fact, I think the pats were part of that rumor as an offender.  I think this is why the league sent a memo to all teams reminding them that filming opposing coaches signals from the sidelines was against the rules.  Apparently, BB's dog ate his memo, because he did not comply. Do you know if any other team (or EVERY team as you stated) was taping after the memo was sent out?  Again, its not my burden to disprove your point.  Rather, it is your burden to prove it. 

u.d.

While this is one of those things that you know - but cannot prove - teams seeking to know what their opponents are doing, by fair means and foul, is as old as nfl football itself. There are still people in Wisconsin that joke about Vince Lombardi being obsessed with the thought of George Halas' staff  spying on the Packers, that he had local cops continuously check out each of the trees facing the Pack's training facility to make sure that there wasn't anybody with a camara roosted there. I'm not saying these practices are right or ethical, the point is that due to the perennially competitive nfl environment - the desire of everybody trying to get any kind of an edge on the rest of the field will always be present. BB's sin, in such an environment (which, IMHO, still exists) is getting caught.