toby gerhart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

toby gerhart

Why not draft this guy in the second round, tough, punder that can run between the tackels, almost like a cory dillion type.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: toby gerhart

You never know what BB is thinking,he may just do that..He signed the Naval Academy RB from 2 years ago Eric Kettani and he's similar in running styles though he might be a smidge faster than Toby Gerhart.Toby is a beast and he runs with his heart a true football player from yesteryear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I've been bangin' this drum for awhile. I think he would be a perfect fit. One of the Pats biggest problems last year was an inability to keep the offense on the field late in the game and kill the clock. That caused the defense to get worn down and and kept them from being able to hold leads.I beleive Gerhart would solve that problem. Maybe even get a couple of fourth and twos.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I wouldnt be mad at that pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He'd be a good grab and I think he ran somewhere around 4.55 at the combine which is pretty good for a guy that size. Hopefully they do something about the offensive line too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

see him as a brandon jacobs type player... not a bonafide starter but someone that can grind out a game and produce in the redzone. Would love to see the patriots focus at least 1 of their top picks on someone that can produce in the redzone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

yeah it would be great, but since he did great at the combine, a team from california will probably grab hime first, maybe oakland or SF

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

A tired defense is definately not interested in seeing this guy in the game in the fourth quarter. Throw to score..run to win. Tough, competetive, productive, more athletic than you think. Can catch  (good baseball player).  Nick Saban now recruits baseball players over track guys because they have hand- eye, ball skills type coordination.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

leon your such a pilon, not a smart bone in your body....lol..

However it's funny the jibberish you speak only to get NE fans fired up, yet it seems to work...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

In Response to Re: toby gerhart:
    yeah it would be great, but since he did great at the combine, a team from california will probably grab hime first, maybe oakland or SF
    Posted by kansaspatriot

he runs too slow for al davis, plus the raiders make dumb picks all the time...bey had the least amount of catches of all the first round recievers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Overall, I like Gerhart because he uses a his bull-dozer style considerably more than having any real silly ole' change-of-direction elusiveness.  Also Gerhart's got a really quick first few steps in reaching the line and hitting the hole hard, which is greatly benefited by his somewhat upright running style coupled with a near zero homerun threat of going-the-distance by having good timed speed for an NFL RB.  Mainly though, what I like best about Toby Gerhart is the hope he brings to us white folk with average physical attributes to play in The NFL at a skill-position if we just give the right amount of oomph, which is pretty much at least to me, why although he'll never be any sort of great #1 runningback-mainly just a 4th quarter clock killer & just maybe a red-zone threat-for any ball club, He is worthy of spending a highly coveted early draft on him as if he really could be an impact runningback. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

only problem is that hes not a passcatcher, and thats crucial in our offense 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wasn't a fan of this pick until I saw a highlight video of him, would be a great pick-up, but we have to fix the RE, OLB, and OT problem. If he is there with the third pick we have in the second they should pick him up. This guy can run hard. He looks like Maroney in 06, what ever happened to that Maroney?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"He looks like Maroney in 06, what ever happened to that Maroney?"

Now there is the million dollar question.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

i think maroney watches too much espn, or dancing with the stars...i say ou OL will be better with a running game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: toby gerhart:
    only problem is that hes not a passcatcher, and thats crucial in our offense 
    Posted by Gulo

In the four games I saw him, he was not bad at catching. He also will not be bad at blocking. And he's also the type who will listen to the coach and excute well whatever he has to do on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

not sure if he's a 2nd rounder. that said, he ran faster than dwyer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Give me a player that plays with heart and effort (like Welker) over one that doesn't, but measures well (like Maroney).
     But, as Rocher says, Gerharts measurables are actually pretty good for an NFL RB. And personally, I like a RB that can run over defenders and carry two or three on his back for another 10 yds. Home run threat? Probably not, but first downs are good things, and I would rather have someone that can pound it in from the five with consistancy than someone who will take it in from the thirty once or twice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Gerhart has maxed-out on his potential.  He's not gonna get any better than what you see. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

You should loan your crystal ball to BB until after the draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I'd take him with our last pick in the 2nd in a heartbeat.

RBs are so often under-rated in the draft process. Shonn Greene wasn't drafted til the 3rd, and almost got the Jets to the Super Bowl.

Ray Rice dominated college but was deemed too short, didn't get drafted til the mid-2nd round, and now is a big star who walked all over the Pats in eliminating us from the play-offs.

Who would be shocked if Gerhart played as well as Shonn Greene or better in his rookie year?

A big, fast, tough, smart, good character player with decent hands and blocking is exactly what we need to compliment Maroney and Faulk. Faulk's replacement can be drafted next year, and we'll have a nicely balanced running attack.

Who would be shocked if Gerhart turned out to be a good 3 down back in his rookie year?

Not me, not after that combine and all that production on the field.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I would be shocked, stunned, amazed, flabergasted, etc..