toby gerhart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

toby gerhart

this kid from stanford is one heck of a power back.the guy takes a licking,and keeps on ticking.he just dosent go down after being hit.i would love for the pats to land this guy in the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CRQ6CuYcAc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: toby gerhart

I'd love it too, he certainly represents the hammer between the tackles RB who can wear down opposing defenses that they've been missing since Dillon/Smith.  He's not a homerun threat, but NE generally carries mutiple backs who can be utilized during different situations.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I always worry about a guy who has taken that kind of a beating over a Collegiate career. How many reps does this guy have at the pro level before he disintigrates? He hasn't shied away from much contact in college, and already sports a pretty hefty knee brace on his right leg.

I notice both Tate and Gerhart have threads...think anyone watched the game last night?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: toby gerhart:
    [QUOTE]I always worry about a guy who has taken that kind of a beating over a Collegiate career. How many reps does this guy have at the pro level before he disintigrates? He hasn't shied away from much contact in college, and already sports a pretty hefty knee brace on his right leg. I notice both Tate and Gerhart have threads...think anyone watched the game last night?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I watch every ND game, been touting Tate for a while, my thread started 2 weeks ago, but yes I did watch the game last night, kid can do everything on the football field.  Check out Tate's youtube highlights against USC and projected top 10 pick S Taylor Mays......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i hadnt really followed toby,but i did watch the game last night following weiss situation,and im watching this power back,that is like a sledgehammer,just run wild.he is also pretty quick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Navy also ran wild on Notre Dame

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Navy also ran wild on Notre Dame
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE] this is true,but after watching all of his games.he ran wild on everyone.i guess this is why he is a heisman canidate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

WHAT? a white running back? no thank you
    id rather get LeGarette Blount late in the draft, hes a huge power-back and if you look at his stats from last year, as a backup, they are ridiculous

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

mosseffect and ALL:

Ya know we always cool from way back here moss, But IF BB Drafts Toby Gerhart in the 1st Rd (which he really might have to do to get him), I will cry bloody red tears of suffering and nauseous disgust (a later 2nd rd pick and I'll forsake the "blood")...   The very fastest RBs are somewhere in the 4.3's, hopefully ya want a 4.4-something guy for the NFL, even right early 4.5 I'll take...  Gerhart runs right under a 4.6  40.  He cannot and will not be able in any way, shape or form, Be able to turn it outside, let alone run to daylight in the Pros...  AND I WANT, and have argued for a between-the-tackles RB on this team for awhile...but not this guy...please, no way way BB-too one-dimensional.  Mark my words: When Gerhart finally sees MUCH bigger and Faster Defenses in the Pros, He will get light up... 

I mean, yea, I saw USC and UCLA in the very beginning of that highlight video (those were the 5 yard magical run highlights), but Jesus, WhoTH were some of those other teams Gerhart blew up?  I gave up guessing after Washington, Houston and San Jose State (those were the 10 yarders)... 

Some other Questions: I saw somewhat decent balance upon contact for a 6'1 230 or so lb guy vs Collegiates, with little to no decent footwork whatsoever in terms of his cutting abilities.  Finally, Hasn't this kid carried a crazy College workload?  He touches the ball on like every other play...his body's gonna snap after 2-3 dimunitively productive years as a glorified FB in the League... 

~Gimme Dwyer EVERY single day...  Incredibly better footwork, less college wear and tear...   Watch Dwyer's and Gerhart's Highlights on YouTube back to back:  I did, and Time and again, I saw 1 guy making bull-dozer 5 yard TD romps (again, 10 yards vs Alcorn State), THEN Time and again, I saw another guy bouncing off guys just the same when he was running beween the tackles too, THEN turning it outside THEN making huge gains leaving DBs embarrassed with his 4.4 speed @ 6' 230 lbs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

we have speed backs. its the power back that is needed.as for being white?well alstott,riggins,and larry csonka were pretty good.why would you want a back up in the late round that could turn out being a bust?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think if he wins the Heisman that he'll go before the Pats get to pick.

But on the part of bruisers going from college to the pros, that accusation is ridiculous.  Jerome Bettis played for 10 years without major injury before wearing down.

Nonetheless, I see the Pats' first round pick being used on a lineman, particularly because a lot of offensive linemen become free agents if a new collective bargaining agreement is put in place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fwb13. Show fwb13's posts

My son went to  high School with this kid I  am originally from Mass. they said he would be nothing in college so do not put the NFL past him he is a beast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ehop14. Show Ehop14's posts

I've got a name for you guys: C.J. Spiller from Clemson. The perfect combination of speed, power, and hands if you ask me. And he is a threat as a kick returner. I would LOVE to see the Pats somehow get this kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

We need someone to pressure the QB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]We need someone to pressure the QB
    Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE] take all three 2nd round picks and draft the best pass rushers.that would be a good thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Nah..I don't want a guy who plays in an option offense (Dwyer). No FB Veer in the NFL. I'll take a West Coast offense guy who can catch and pass block as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Gerhart can catch....He looks like a BB type of guy.

I just dont think he will be available.

Now getting a pass rusher is #1 Priority for this team imo...If I was able to use NE first pick on a offensive player that I think might be available, it would be..............................GOLDEN TATE!

That guy is incredible.  He reminds me of Steve Smith (Carolina)...small guy that just goes and gets it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

[QUOTE]WHAT? a white running back? no thank you id rather get LeGarette Blount late in the draft, hes a huge power-back and if you look at his stats from last year, as a backup, they are ridiculous
    Posted by Gulo[/QUOTE]

It's ignorant reverse racism like this that has prevented many talented players like Gerhart from getting the chance they deserve.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Nah..I don't want a guy who plays in an option offense (Dwyer). No FB Veer in the NFL. I'll take a West Coast offense guy who can catch and pass block as well.
    Posted by rocher[/QUOTE]

Rocher and ALL:

~Most Everything I've read says Jonathen Dwyer is a very decent pass-catcher out of the backfield, and I've heard zero critiques of him being a liability in pass-blocking (the negative angle, the one most scouts use when an RB is utterly useless in pass-blocking)...  BUT, Absolutely TOTALLY agreed on one point: Ga Tech's offense is weird...It's like a spread option offense, and the closest I can really relate it to in the Pro Game was the Bronco's zone-blocking for the many years under Shanahan-prior to McDaniel's regime...bigger open gaps obviously extremely favorable to any decent RB, and scarry to actually determine IF Dwyer really is that good.   Yet overall, still stand by initial assertion regarding what I've seen from Dwyer... Not even mentioning his absurd balance and speed (4.4 for someone his size is excellent-and he plays faster than that on the field, something IMO Gerhart doesn't even appear to do with his suppossed 4.58 speed)... Namely rather, IMO Dwyer's very decisive and excellent cutback abilities married to a back his size would be highly conducive to the between the tackles running that N.E. sorely lacks. 

~I've argued this before, but IMPO, Brady's BEST trait out of all isn't his accuracy, coolness, reads, or anything like that.  It's his pocket prescence, which many have noted, BUT It is highly particular.  He far, far less rolls-out or anything else to buy time...He almost always steps-up as the pocket collapses.  Which was fine for years as DEs tried to collapse the pocket by going around and from the ends.  Yet, as The Giants showed, and as more teams have attempted to do (but don't have the Giant's personell), WHEN You have a couple Big and very Fast DTs (namely in a 4-3), You can ideally send these DTs flying up the middle, take away Brady's biggest forte, and collapse that interior pocket. 

NOW, The Reason WHY They're able to do this, Isn't simply having these 4-star DTs (it doesn't hurt though), BUT rather, The fact that D-Coordinator can send them screaming in with reckless abandon BECAUSE The Other Team Does NOT at all respect The Pat's Running Game as any real threat.  Specifically here, the between-the-tackles r-game, and even more specifically a Pat's RB being big enough and fast enough to be able to run with hard decisiveness in the middle and still be that home-run threat if/when getting through (with all the other neccessary qualities-like running after initial contact, balance and cutback ability)...

~AND THEREFORE, This RB by Committee Approach ain't ever gonna cut it IF The Pat's want to achieve Keeping Defenders even nominally honest towards their running game.  Each of our Healthy Backs right now are rather singular, largely limiting the type of running play most often called in their favor when each one gets the ball...  That is to say, The Running Game isn't simply Lacking, But It's PREDICTABLE as well:  Maroney hesitates, Usually goes to the outside, and even when He's going through interior lanes, He often takes a very hard angle attempting to cut it outside...and the D knows itBJGE does somewhat the opposite-fast, but doesn't seem to have that true break away speed to turn outside- His plays go through the middle, and He runs hard in the middle...and again the D knows it.  Finally, Faulk who has neither break away speed, Nor can gain hard-fought yards in the middle against the first 2-Down Defenders, He usually gets in the game on an obvious passing down.  His heady decisiveness, blocking, and pass-catching is great for a 3rd down back...which is completely and ALL He trully is.  Faulk, thus gets the rock as a pass, sometimes screen and also draw when the D is spread out because it's 3rd and long...no sweeps...Nothing through the middle...and, one last time, The D KNOWS it.

CONCLUSION:  I'm not going to really reiterate on WHY someone like Jonathen Dwyer IMO, would be so successful here in N.E..  This post has been an unintentional novel, and just in case ANYone can't grasp the final conclusion, for brevity's sake I'll do simple addition:  Brady's Pocket Prescence of stepping up + The D sending DTs flying up the middle to counter this + Having an inconsequential and obvious running game because ZERO Pat's RBs that have the size, balance, decisiveness and speed to run Hard through the Middle AND Break away as a Home-run threat = Someone with the traits shown by Jonathen Dwyer quite possibly being very successful in N.E. and helping this Offense out Alot.

...He!!, I'm not even bringing up Killin' the Clock when The Pats are ahead in the Second Half, should I start on that too?

Thoughts ANYONE (other than-"Is this post finally done")?     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: toby gerhart : It's ignorant reverse racism like this that has prevented many talented players like Gerhart from getting the chance they deserve.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE] not only will he get his chance,but many of us will be wishing he landed here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I know he won't be available but I would love to see the Partriots Draft Javier Arenas,he's the single most talented player in college football today. My guess is that Patriots with their first pick will again try and draft a Linebacker and my guess would be Brandon Spikes. BB wanted him to come out 2 years ago.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I've got a name for you guys: C.J. Spiller from Clemson. The perfect combination of speed, power, and hands if you ask me. And he is a threat as a kick returner. I would LOVE to see the Pats somehow get this kid.
    Posted by Ehop14[/QUOTE]

I know his speed is impressive. However, for an every down back, I prefer bigger backs who can earn yards after contact, and not get run over by 250-270 lb pass rushers, when he has to block. That would either be Gerhart or Dwyer.