Tom Brady comes up small again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Tom Brady comes up small again...

What is it with Tom Brady and his struggles in the postseason?  There cannot be anymore excuses.  The last two super bowls, the offense has come up very small.  The defense in both games played well, but the offense absolutely choked. What excuses can be made? In 2007 the excuse was the OL not protecting him. This Super Bowl, what will the excuse be?  The OL did a tremendous job of protecting him, only allowing 2 sacks!  The defense played as well as anyone could have hoped. This defense gave up loss points to the Giants than the 49ers defense!

This is absolutely despecable to see this offense choke again. Scoring 17 points, and giving up a safety. 7 points in the second half total.,  Plenty of opportunities, but the O failed again. Is it just me or has Brady been absolute crap when throwing the long ball. That ball to Gronk was underthrown. So disssapointing. Then the O has the ball with 5 minutes and 2 point lead, and doesnt do anything. 

Something needs to be done to diversify this offense and gain more production from the outside recievers.

This huge loss will tarnish Bradys legacy forever. I think the window has closed now for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...

was it me or did he throw too many passes BEHIND his receiver?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He didn't get much help...  if the D could have kept the Giants OFF the field would have been good.  The time of possession for the Giants was 38 minutes to the Pats 22!!!  Brady had only 22 minutes to score points!  He does not do miracles as many seem to want him to do!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I thought Brady was great. The only errant throw was the interception, he could have held it back. And that ended up being a deep punt. 

I thought a lot of receivers as well as the OL let Brady down. Too many dropped balls. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Brady is the goat.  No doubt about it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Welker makes that catch...D stops the Giants form marhcing 90 yards....we're not having this discussion.  Can't hang that game on Tom.  He can't do it all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The problem isn't Brady. The problem is you are an idiot and don't know the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quahogger. Show Quahogger's posts

Yeah, definitely an underthrown ball to Gronk.  You can't blame Brady for Hernandez dropping 3 passes that hit him in the weak spot...his hands or 2 clutch drops by Branch and 1 by Welker.  It's not like Brady can catch his own passes.

Great job by the Pats Defense.  4 point game. It all comes down to who has the ball last (as long as there's enough time to make the plays). Ouch!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again...:
    [QUOTE]He didn't get much help...  if the D could have kept the Giants OFF the field would have been good.  The time of possession for the Giants was 38 minutes to the Pats 22!!!  Brady had only 22 minutes to score points!  He does not do miracles as many seem to want him to do!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

You have the ball with a 2 point lead, and don't do anything.

7 points in 2nd half.   Is that acceptable?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I do not remember Branch's drops. The Welker one will live on for a long time though. The safety was incredibly silly and their was no need to throw that deep int to Gronk. The Pats were moving the ball fine, why get greedy when the deep ball has not been there all year. Dink and dunk that is how this team wins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quahogger. Show Quahogger's posts

Totally agree.  Brady can't win the game without his receivers catching the ball when they must...and they didn't. Hernandez dropped two key balls in the second half, branch dropped a key ball as well.

[QUOTE]Welker makes that catch...D stops the Giants form marhcing 90 yards....we're not having this discussion.  Can't hang that game on Tom.  He can't do it all.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Come on. It was a terribly disappointing loss, but "tarnish Brady's legacy forever?" You've forgotten his three Super Bowl championships (and two MVPs ) already?

It wasn't a vintage Brady performance. But even with that, had Welker made that catch at the 20-yard line on the next-to-last drive, Brady wins his fourth ring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : You have the ball with a 2 point lead, and don't do anything. 7 points in 2nd half.   Is that acceptable?
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

no it is not acceptable but the offensive line was terrible in the second half. The Pats recievers got a case of the drops and the Pats commited one turnover and it would not have hurt if Ninkovich does not go offsides, it would have been a 3 and out with the pats getting the ball with great field position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I don't blame Brady. Some of his key receivers dropped crucial passes - namely Wes Welker. He catches that pass and Pats win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

All he can do is throw..it is up to the received to hold on to it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

stupid penalties and mistakes did them in, brady didnt do very good after the third quarter, but with a chance to put the game away he put it where wes could catch it and he dropped it, cant blame him for that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Spetz I agree w/ u. I love TB12 but he got rattled in the 4th. Welker could've caught that ball but it was poorly thrown and the one right after to Branch was also poorly thrown. When Tom tightened up so did everyone else. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]was it me or did he throw too many passes BEHIND his receiver?
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I do think Welker should have made the catch but Brady could have made a better throw. The game was absolutely lost in that last drive with under 7 minutes. Brady neede to step up there and take over. We score a TD and it's done..Giants had one time out also. Brady has been a HUGE dissapointment in the postseason since 2007

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

All in all I thought he played a darn good game. He was under pressure much of the second half, he was missing his best player, and the two dopes this team calls wide receivers Branch and Ocho did next to nothing. Welker drops a ball that was as perfect a pass as you're going to find - the game could of been over right there. Nincovich jumps off sides and allows them to extend as drive that should of ended at their ten.

The run defense was average at best, same for the pass defense. I'm not sure this defense forced one single three and out against the Giants and they ended up losing both of their tight ends. How the heck are you supposed to win when your defense can't get your offense the ball back? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]He didn't get much help...  if the D could have kept the Giants OFF the field would have been good.  The time of possession for the Giants was 38 minutes to the Pats 22!!!  Brady had only 22 minutes to score points!  He does not do miracles as many seem to want him to do!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Here's the problem with your argument...

You can argue the same thing in reverse. If Brady sustains drives in the 2nd half then his defense doesn't need to be on the field as much.

Brady gave the Giants two Extra possessions AND 2 points. You don't think that contributes at all to the TOP differential?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yes Welker dropped the ball, but it was poorly thrown in a bad location. It was much too high, and would have been a circus catch. Granted he could have caught it, but that doesn't mean it was thrown well. The biggest pass of the season, and he ghacked it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady comes up small again... : You have the ball with a 2 point lead, and don't do anything. 7 points in 2nd half.   Is that acceptable?
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]
    NOPE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i am very critical of this o, but today i would not pin it solely on tb. tb is part of the problem but the problem goes beyond him. there is something wrong with the offensive philosophy if it breaks so many passing records in the reg season but can't score more than 24 pts in the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Brady played OK, but I just don't understand why he can't "close" any more. He throws 16 straight completions (setting a SB record), goes up 17 to 9 early in the 3rd, and you can't score again? Really? One of the next two possessions you just have to hammer it home. Just very disappointing. If you are in the pantheon of players, like a Montana, you have to BURY opponents when you can. True, the Pats didn't get a single break the whole game, so the Giants have gotten lucky twice in a row against us, but that's just the way it goes I guess. Too bad it's a New York team, cuz it means we'll have to hear about forever. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Yes Welker dropped the ball, but it was poorly thrown in a bad location. It was much too high, and would have been a circus catch. Granted he could have caught it, but that doesn't mean it was thrown well. The biggest pass of the season, and he ghacked it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

wide open too.  Hit him in stride and its a TD