Tom Brady = Greatness! Will show it this weekend!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tom Brady = Greatness! Will show it this weekend!

Last weekend Tom Brady looked a bit more relaxed in a playoff game then I can remember.  He knows the pressure at this time of the Season and he wants another Super Bowl, but I think he realizes that he has some very good talent around him right now, the defense is playing better and I think this has taken some of the pressure off of him.  I don't think he feels like he has to carry the team all on his shoulders as in the past.  He is getting some help on both sides of the ball.  I think Brady will be intense this weekend but won't feel all the pressure on him like in the past and this will help him have a very good game!

Patriots all the way!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Tom Brady = Greatness! Will show it this weekend!

In response to TFB12's comment:

Last weekend Tom Brady looked a bit more relaxed in a playoff game then I can remember.  He knows the pressure at this time of the Season and he wants another Super Bowl, but I think he realizes that he has some very good talent around him right now, the defense is playing better and I think this has taken some of the pressure off of him.  I don't think he feels like he has to carry the team all on his shoulders as in the past.  He is getting some help on both sides of the ball.  I think Brady will be intense this weekend but won't feel all the pressure on him like in the past and this will help him have a very good game!

Patriots all the way!

Agree totally. I think he came into the SB last year wound a little too tight; too much "game face." He just needs to relax and do what he does best.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I think the playoff game against Houston was the best performance of his career.  Really excited to see what he will do the rest of the way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Teams have been dropping into coverage playing pass and daring the Pats to run because that's all the Pats have been able to do since Dillon left.  This year, they can actually do it. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Patriots all the way!

There is no doubt he's among the greatest. My short list:

Baugh

Graham

Unitas

Montana

Brady

One level down:

Luckman

Starr

Marino

P. Manning

(Maybe) Elway, Staubach, & Aikman

(In progress) Brees & Rodgers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

No, no, no....no. This year, they sub the RBs less AND commit to it. That's the difference. Even ESPN's Mike Greenberg said it this morning:

"They actually TRY to run it this year."

Pretty sad when a dorky Jets fan knows our team better than you, Shenanigans.

Christ, there have been numerous articles about this team making the run game a committed priority and you still don't want to be believe it.

Fact is, they benched BJGE in last year's AFC title game, used too much Woodhead, and then tried to sub BJGE back in where Balt knew what to do.  FAIL

If they just don't over-sub the RBs on a drive, Brady doesn't toss any dumb INTs, NE wins this game going away.

Nobody buys your brand of crazy with Brady riding the coattails of the 2nd worse pass defense in NFL history, maybe one day you can go visit the HOF and ask them where they're hiding the Maroney and BJGE busts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It's all up to #12 now.  BB has his D.  If the offense can play closer to its ceiling this year, they're right in it again.

As important as Brady is, the rest of the team still has to do their job. If the D gives up a bunch of big plays, and special teams sucks again, then it won't matter how Brady plays.

Yes Brady is a huge key....but this still is, and always will be a TEAM effort, and all 3 phases need to contribute to win in the post season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It's all up to #12 now.  BB has his D.  If the offense can play closer to its ceiling this year, they're right in it again.

As long as the Ravens do not play over their heads and have unbelievable "GAPs".  Game Altering Plays. IE - a 70 yard bomb to end the game for a TD and win!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

As important as Brady is, the rest of the team still has to do their job. If the D gives up a bunch of big plays, and special teams sucks again, then it won't matter how Brady plays.

Yes Brady is a huge key....but this still is, and always will be a TEAM effort, and all 3 phases need to contribute to win in the post season.

The Texans were play 4 down sets for  most of the 4th quarter.  If they punted at the beginning of the 4th like most team would from their own 25 yard line the Pats would have beat the 48-20.  They were going all out and for the most part the NE D stopped them.  Houston's O is better than Balt, the Pats will get after Flacco and this game won't even be close.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Patriots all the way!

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Actually beating the Ravens and advancing to the SB is the secondary consideration Sunday.

Job #1 for Tommy Boy is to light it up so we poor souls here at BDC can be spared hearing Rusty whine incessantly for another year if he only puts up a 100 PR or so.

PLEASE Tom, torch these ratbirds so junior will zip his stupid lip for good!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:

I think the playoff game against Houston was the best performance of his career.  Really excited to see what he will do the rest of the way.

imagine how much espn would be talking about peyton had he played like that? would be intolerable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

What most people base it on is whether the Pats win or not. TB - or any QB (including Flacco) could have a great day and their team still lose. ANd that would not dimish the play of the QB necessarily.

Still, a win is better!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

If Brady and Wilfork play like they did against Houston I don't see the ravens being able to overcome them.

In Brady's case as good as he played against Hou he can play better. Wilfork was a monster against hou and it will be unbeleivable if he duplicates that performance.

Totally agree.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

No, no, no....no. This year, they sub the RBs less AND commit to it. That's the difference. Even ESPN's Mike Greenberg said it this morning:

Christ, there have been numerous articles about this team making the run game a committed priority and you still don't want to be believe it.

Fact is, they benched BJGE in last year's AFC title game, used too much Woodhead, and then tried to sub BJGE back in where Balt knew what to do.  FAIL

If they just don't over-sub the RBs on a drive, Brady doesn't toss any dumb INTs, NE wins this game going away.

Nobody buys your brand of crazy with Brady riding the coattails of the 2nd worse pass defense in NFL history, maybe one day you can go visit the HOF and ask them where they're hiding the Maroney and BJGE busts.

Priceless!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Yeah, a repeat of the Superbowl, a 91 rating, and setting the record for consecutive completions, only to watch it be squandered (again) by a defense choking on itself all game long would be depressing. 

Thankfully, it looks like Talib/Dennard have fixed the CB position so that it's respectable, and DMC is lightyears better at S than he was at CB. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

+1

About as well said as anything football can be said. LMAO

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

... As long as the Ravens do not play over their heads and have unbelievable "GAPs".  Game Altering Plays. IE - a 70 yard bomb to end the game for a TD and win!!!

Flacco is greedy. I believe the Pats can devise a scheme that baits him into to making those long throws, but into the hands of DMC. I am anticipating he throws three INTs in this game.

DEN got burned on those long bombs, I believe, because they felt they were vulnerable against the run. Note that their interior DL is on the smallish side. They probably did not feel comfortable playing either S very deep. 

I think NWE has a much more robust front 7, so DMC can sit back a little deeper if needed. 

On the other side, BAL did a good job of defending the area between the numbers against DEN. That said, BAL was vulnerable to longer passes - both long overhead bombs and 15 yard bullets that fly just above the LBs' reach. What was odd was that Manning only took a long shot once (I only saw one) - the one to the left sideline where Williams should have been called for a penalty for sticking his foot out to trip the DEN receiver. A couple of completed 20+ yarders early will stretch the BAL LBs outside of their comfort zone.

I believe NWE will see this and take advantage. I expect Vereen, Lloyd and Hern will be big in the first half. Ridley, Vereen and Welker in the second, when the middle loosens up a bit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

2nd "worse"

LOL is right.

Get back to 2nd grade, moron. 

Hey RockSkull I think your high IQ is blocking you objectivity and blinding you from using common sense.   But sense isn't as common as it use to be!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

The Greatest