Tom Brady is a Happy Man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man:
    In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Right, three new TE's, an overweight old guy, two rookies one with a bad back an another who didn't like to block in college.....think before you spew your drivel.
    Posted by HRK103

Overweight old guy that is still a great blocker, and a rookie that HAD a bad back and has been cleared by Dr's, and another TE rookie that was an ok blocker but really good with his hands? 

You really need to keep up with these players, before you look stupid.....oh, too late!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : Overweight old guy that is still a great blocker, and a rookie that HAD a bad back and has been cleared by Dr's, and another TE rookie that was an ok blocker but really good with his hands?  You really need to keep up with these players, before you look stupid.....oh, too late!!!
    Posted by m1021us

m1021us You see this is why no one can stand you. All you do is RUN your mouth about something you know NOTHING about. I am an RN and have been one for 14 years at a local Mass hospital. I have seen everything from slight injuries to everything major. Rob Gronkowski had surgery that shaved off a disc that was sticking into his spinal cord. The fear afterward was that he had spinal stenosis, a narrow spine that if he was hit in the wrong way would most likely cripple him. I personally have seen this injury on usually construction workers and some athletes and what usually follows is severe disc degeneration. Normal healing of this situation with most that I have seen the person has a good 10 years depending on age of normal activity. A young man going into the NFL with just one year of healing time and rehab giving his position and body size and mass, along with the fact that 300 pound men will be tryng to put him down is a horrible situation.
    Many of us here at this hospital are Patriot fans and yes we have discussed this very same situation for this young man. Now I cannot predict what will happen but common sense dictates this boy will have his career in football ended within 2 years and with serious complications. So please M1021us, just shut up about things you have no knowledge about, and stop insulting people on this board with your petty remarks. I wish that guy Stomper would get to meet yo uand shut you up because you are the biggest degenerate on this board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : m1021us You see this is why no one can stand you. All you do is RUN your mouth about something you know NOTHING about. I am an RN and have been one for 14 years at a local Mass hospital. I have seen everything from slight injuries to everything major. Rob Gronkowski had surgery that shaved off a disc that was sticking into his spinal cord. The fear afterward was that he had spinal stenosis,

I paid attention to the bit about spinal stenosis because my wife has it. They said that Rob does not have it. He obviously had a bulging disc that they took care of. Its something to be watched but I find your credibility lacking that he'll be done playing in a year or two. He doesn't have degenerative spine disease or any of the trappings that will keep him hurt all the time. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. BB and his medical staff just invested a bunch of money in this guy and I'm sure they did their due diligence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

M1021pus, see everyone loves you...I'll say this I hope you are right, but I don't believe these TE's are going make that much of a difference in the run game.

....and everyone knows how stupid you are...so I need not to remind them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : m1021us You see this is why no one can stand you. All you do is RUN your mouth about something you know NOTHING about. I am an RN and have been one for 14 years at a local Mass hospital. I have seen everything from slight injuries to everything major. Rob Gronkowski had surgery that shaved off a disc that was sticking into his spinal cord. The fear afterward was that he had spinal stenosis, I paid attention to the bit about spinal stenosis because my wife has it. They said that Rob does not have it. He obviously had a bulging disc that they took care of. Its something to be watched but I find your credibility lacking that he'll be done playing in a year or two. He doesn't have degenerative spine disease or any of the trappings that will keep him hurt all the time. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. BB and his medical staff just invested a bunch of money in this guy and I'm sure they did their due diligence.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

The following is the scouting report from nfldraftcountdown.com. See the part highlighted in red...could be what wendy is alluding to. Though the Patriots took a chance, obviously 31 other teams did not. Anyway, I hope and pray he can stay healthy; he's an absolute beast when he is.

Rob Gronkowski
    Height: 6-6¼ | Weight: 258 | 40-Time: 4.65
    Rob Gronkowski | Arizona Wildcats
    Official Bio

www.draftcountdown.com/images/stars/three.gif" alt="Stars" />
    Strengths:
    Excellent height and bulk with long arms and large hands --- Terrific natural athleticism --- Soft, reliable hands --- Superb body control and ball skills --- Good route runner who knows how to get open --- Able to get off the line and beat the jam --- Runs hard after the catch and will break tackles --- Flashes some strength and power --- Excellent blocker both in-line and in space --- Plays with an edge and finishes --- A Hard Worker --- Tough --- Competitive --- Productive --- Fantastic  Bloodlines.

Weaknesses:
    Health / Durability are major concerns --- Not very explosive --- Is a bit stiff --- Average game speed, acceleration and quickness --- Doesn't get a lot of separation --- Won't be much of a vertical weapon --- Not real elusive and won't make people miss --- Is  relatively inexperienced.

Notes:
    Was a two-year starter for the Wildcats --- Named 1st Team All-Pac-10 in 2008 --- Father, Gordon, played football at Syracuse --- Brother, Dan, plays tight end for the Detroit Lions --- Brother, Chris, also played at Arizona and is eligible for the 2010 NFL Draft --- Brother, Gordie, played minor league baseball in the Los Angeles Angles system --- Sat out three games in 2008 with what was believed to be either strep throat or mononucleosis --- Missed the entire 2009 season after undergoing surgery last September to repair a herniated lumbar disk and nerve damage in his back --- Burst onto the scene as a true freshman and has been considered to be the top tight end prospect in his class for quite some time --- Nice all-around player who earns high marks as a pass catcher and blocker --- A legitimate first round talent but stock is clouded by the back injury, an ailment that can linger and have long- term ramifications -- Profiles as a starter assuming he can stay healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The running backs last year couldnt pass the eye test so people hate on them as they should but the funny thing is we ran the ball just as much as teams like Miami and Baltimore last year and we had over 1300 rushing yards. People assume because we dont have 1 running back with over 1000 yards that we have no running game but thats not true we just have a bunch of running backs all getting small numbers but add those together and you have a 1000 yard back. I want a good RB for sure but we do have a running game.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Killa, 

Our offense was actually pretty good last year, at least on paper.  Heck, even Brady had his 2nd best year.  I think the sour taste a lot of people have comes from this; when we really needed to run we couldn't.  That equally describes our 2009 offense.  It was good, except when it really needed to be.  Even Brady was not his clutch self.  So yeah, maybe we could run the ball well on a drive until we got near the end zone and just needed a yard for a first down.  

I hope it improves this year.  Last year there were several games where I really didn't think I was actually watching the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Despite so few sacks on Brady he was pummeled repeatedly in many games last year. This cannot continue. We need Brady to stay healthy in order for the Pats to compete at a high level. The new toys will help, but the offensive line has to do a better job at protecting Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I have to believe that the Pat's medical people have examined Gronk's medical records and believe his back is fine now or they wouldn't have chosen him. There were plenty of other teams waiting to scoop him up if we didn't. No I'm not a nurse wendylee03, but I know enough not to make a judgement on someone before you've had a chance to talk to his doctors and review his personal medical records.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Caraway,

I agree the team we were watching last year was so far removed from what we were used to seeing the last ten years. I posted this a while back:

One of the problems last year was holding on to a lead. The old Patriots would never blow a lead in the fourth quarter. The old Patriots built a dynasty on closing out games. Check out these stats.

Patriots' record since 2002
                                            2002-08   2009
    When Leading at Halftime        66-1     8-4
    When Leading at End of 3rd     69-1     9-4
    When leading by 10+ points     68-1     9-3
    /> /> Source: Elias Sports Bureau

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Caraway, I agree the team we were watching last year was so far removed from what we were used to seeing the last ten years. I posted this a while back: One of the problems last year was holding on to a lead. The old Patriots would never blow a lead in the fourth quarter. The old Patriots built a dynasty on closing out games. Check out these stats. Patriots' record since 2002                                         2002-08   2009 When Leading at Halftime        66-1     8-4 When Leading at End of 3rd     69-1     9-4 When leading by 10+ points     68-1     9-3 /> /> Source: Elias Sports Bureau
    Posted by digger0862

Wow, I can't believe we were that bad.  Which was the one loss? Is this regular season only? Cause in 2006 and 2007 I think we might have blown a few half time leads in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is a Happy Man : m1021us You see this is why no one can stand you. All you do is RUN your mouth about something you know NOTHING about. I am an RN and have been one for 14 years at a local Mass hospital. I have seen everything from slight injuries to everything major. Rob Gronkowski had surgery that shaved off a disc that was sticking into his spinal cord. The fear afterward was that he had spinal stenosis, I paid attention to the bit about spinal stenosis because my wife has it. They said that Rob does not have it. He obviously had a bulging disc that they took care of. Its something to be watched but I find your credibility lacking that he'll be done playing in a year or two. He doesn't have degenerative spine disease or any of the trappings that will keep him hurt all the time. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. BB and his medical staff just invested a bunch of money in this guy and I'm sure they did their due diligence.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

So WendeeBSlee is WRONG?  Go figure!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

M1021pus, see everyone loves you...I'll say this I hope you are right, but I don't believe these TE's are going make that much of a difference in the run game. ....and everyone knows how stupid you are...so I need not to remind them.
    Posted by HRK103

LOL!  You might want to do some research on these players....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Researched~Hernandez (6-2/250) is incredibly athletic, running a sub 4.6 forty yard dash. He has a knack for getting open and making big plays. His main weakness is his below average blocking skills.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Researched~With the 42nd Pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots have selected Arizona TE Rob Gronkowski. The Patriots jumped ahead two spots in a trade with the Oakland Raiders. The Patriots gave the Raiders the 190th pick to move up.

The Ariona TE has had some major medical issues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Researched~On August 9, 2009 in the Titans' first preseason game, Crumpler weighed approximately 300 pounds, gaining an estimated 30 pounds during the offseason.

OK m1021pus, one overweight TE, one injured TE, one TE that can't block.....really going to help the running game. Maybe you should do some research yourself before you spout the diarrhea from your mouth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Wow, I can't believe we were that bad.  Which was the one loss? Is this regular season only? Cause in 2006 and 2007 I think we might have blown a few half time leads in the playoffs.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

It is regular season only.
    Their lone loss was on Monday, December 20, 2004 at Miami (where else). They were leading 14-10 at the half, 21-17 after three and they lost 29-28.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200412200mia.htm

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It is regular season only. Their lone loss was on Monday, December 20, 2004 at Miami (where else). They were leading 14-10 at the half, 21-17 after three and they lost 29-28. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200412200mia.htm
    Posted by digger0862

I think I remember that one. Was that the one Brady threw a pick six at the end of the game while getting hit? That was so frustrating lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I think I remember that one. Was that the one Brady threw a pick six at the end of the game while getting hit? That was so frustrating lol.
    Posted by magicalhobo

That's the one. It wasn't a pick six, though. Brady was being sacked by Jason Taylor. He threw four interceptions that game. lol
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20041220015

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Researched~ Hernandez (6-2/250) is incredibly athletic, running a sub 4.6 forty yard dash. He has a knack for getting open and making big plays. His main weakness is his below average blocking skills.
    Posted by HRK103

And did you see where he was compared to Dallas Clark?  And how he could line up in the slot?  You really think that he will be in on the blocking situations?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

You were the one that said our new TE's will pave the way in running game....rethinking that are you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Researched~ With the 42nd Pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots have selected Arizona TE Rob Gronkowski. The Patriots jumped ahead two spots in a trade with the Oakland Raiders. The Patriots gave the Raiders the 190th pick to move up. The Ariona TE has had some major medical issues.
    Posted by HRK103

Keep researching....you are getting there...but you left out that he was medically cleared to play football again.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

And also Wendy the kid in question was told by doctors that he does not have  spinal stenosis, so most of everything you just said is a moot point. Being afraid he MIGHT have a spinal disease does not mean he has one. He was told by doctors that it would not effect his NFL career so unless his doctors lied to him which i doubt i would say he was a good pick.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

And with something so serious as a spinal injury, I would guess that he has had a number of different opinions from Dr.'s.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Researched~ On August 9, 2009 in the Titans' first preseason game, Crumpler weighed approximately 300 pounds, gaining an estimated 30 pounds during the offseason. OK m1021pus, one overweight TE, one injured TE, one TE that can't block.....really going to help the running game. Maybe you should do some research yourself before you spout the diarrhea from your mouth.
    Posted by HRK103

LOL!  how about some more recent news on Alge's weight....

Nice reaches there Harley....I knew that you didn't know much about football....keep up the good work on knowing nothing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

You were the one that said our new TE's will pave the way in running game....rethinking that are you?
    Posted by HRK103

Alge and the first TE drafted are both excellent blockers.....nothing to re-think....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

ted larsen will be a good starting center i think.  he has a mean streak and is great in the running game.  running starts with the center and this guys has the mind of a defensive tackle when blocking. scarnecchia will make him a stud!

VOLLMER - MANKINS - LARSEN - BUSSEY or OHRNBERGER - LIGHT

im slightly biased being a student at NC STATE, but the dude is a monster.