Tom Brady is on pace to.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Tom Brady is on pace to.....

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Nice try jerk. I've given you facts and your response has been a whining 'he's a first ballot HOF QB'. You're a joke.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

How embarassing for you that a joke makes you look like an idiot with every reply.

Brady's INT% is within a tenth of one percent of his 2004 Super Bowl winning season. + He has a 100 passer rating. + He is on pace to thow 40 TDs which only 3 other guys in the history of the NFL have ever achieved. + Yet you tell us he is a problem. = You're a moron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who is entirely excusing Brady's play is foolish but Rusty's anti-Brady crusades lately are getting beyond annoying. Listen, he's played bad but in every game other than the Steelers he's given them a chance to win late in the 4th quarter. If you think the defense has no blame in being 5-3 then boy you are delusional, its a team loss boys, lets stop playing the blame game
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Certainly Brady has looked average a couple of games. But that isn't his bottom line. As for the defense, we are thrilled when they look average.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

One well chosen offensive coordinator that would allow BB to do what he does best, coach the D and special teams, which would in turn solve all of our "problems."  

Or maybe someone else can explain how a team with this much talent has so many problems?  Stop blaming the talent.

An all Pro line across the offensive front, possibly the best true tightend and H-back in the game and a group of serviceable receivers with three current or former all Pro's numbered amongst them.  One thousand yard rusher and a prospect who has more talent than any back we've had come through since Corey Dillon in Ridley.

Talent is not the issue, or maybe you haven't seen our offensive talent rating on Madden yet and compared it to the other 30+ teams?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Nope. Chris Gasper, Felger, Mazz, Bruschi, and Rodney Harrison have that covered when dealing with the Pats analysis. We have too many of those as is. I've never seen so many people jump through hoops to defend or deflect from the poor play of a player before. I've never seen it.  I can't think of one athlete on the planet, maybe other than Derek Jeter and his crappy range in the field, but in this case, we as pats fans are admittting Brady isn't playing welll! We're actually miles ahead of those lame Jeter apologists who praised his "gold gloves" the last 5 years. lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

All the writers you cite do no more defending of Tom Brady then you do defending this years unbelievably porous BB coached defense  - and you call people who disagree with you insane?

Rusty - there is no question that Tom Brady's play this year has fallen off from last year  - he himself yesterday said that he needs to play better and make better decisions - and made not one excuse when offered the chance - why do writers need to write a story about Brady playing poorly in this stretch when Brady himself says he isn't playing well?

On the other hand - there are stories being written about BB the coach/gm - mostly because he won't acknowledge any failure of his - I am not necessarily saying he should have to either - but the stories will get written because the writers are the only ones doing the talking

Rusty - can't you just admit that BB has to share the responsibility here - and that this years defense is poor by any objective measure?

2011 YTD - 31 total defense/20th points allowed/last vs pass/last total yds/7 vs run ( of course no one is trying to run it vs Pats when it is so easy to throw)

2002 - 23 total defense/17 points allowed/11 vs pass/23 yards allowed/ but 31 vs run that year

Rusty it is not too important for a team to be in the top 10 vs the run in today's game - it is a passing league - BB understood this several years ago after rules changes and changed the Pats offensive approach - but he has not caught on with the D - This teams pass rush has been abysmal for several years now - in a passing league the pass rush is how you are going to slow teams down - but BB the GM has steadfastly refused to bring in pass rush talent - and the Pats D is reaping what BB has sown over time

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]WHy are you focusing on me, when True Champ, Wozzy, PatsEng, ReRun and many other intelligent fans see the root cause problem? I think the D being "poor" is a myth.  Top 10 Run D Nice Red Zone D Improved Pass Rush and Sacks from 2009-- />2010 If it's improvement, how is it bad? You're taking the bait. I stick to the facts. This D went from #1 in the NFL last December, for a whole month, and then to Tom Brady going shotgun spread for 40 passes in January. Case closed AGAIN. While I agree generally speaking, compared to other eras, this is an offensive passing league (One more reason our D's passing yards allowed is overblown), it doesn't meanr you toss out the fundamentals:  Winning the line of scrimmage, running it, field poisition, game management, etc. We have STUNK at this ON OFFENSE in particular in the shotgun/base spread against good D's. NE's D is better than GB's Fact.

I love this post! It says, look mom I have friends!! Almost like when you thought you were famous for Felger calling you out as a moron:) 

Look, I know it must be hard for you to admit that this "young and exciting" and "rebuilt" defense that you got behind has failed, but if you just new what it was that you were witnessing, you could of saved yourself from the embarrassment. Instead you were blinded by the aid of that cool refreshing drink...kool-aid:( THis lead you to believe that players like Maroney, Merriweather, Butler, Bodden, Wheatly, Love, Cunningham, Moore, Brace were our young and exciting core that would carry us. Anyone that thought otherwise was a troll. Epic FAIL!!

So now it just makes sense to bash Brady? He's the reason why our defense is ranked last and we lost three games? Truth is you're too much of a child to admit that you were wrong and that the kool-aid tasted way too yummy. 

I don't know what is more laughable - you not understanding what a good football player looks like - or your defensive secondary observations. Both are hilarious reads.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Average? Lol Buffalo = BAD Dallas = BAD Pitt = BAD (off Bye week) Giants = BAD That's below average over 4 games. We aren't looking at him playing well on  afew drives, but clearly, and I MEAN CLEARLY, over 60 minutes in these games, he's been BAD. BArring a last minute drive against Dallas, where it clicked for the offense, he was bad. 2 INTs, crappy decisions, wild throws, etc. He's late with the ball, high with it, wild, etc. He looks like Sanchez! All games in which he passed over 40 times. Done. We had the ball for what, 20 minuntes in Pitt? Brady threw 35 times. That;s insane! Case closed. For good. Lock up the case files.  The case is done. Solved. Over.

The extent to which you are a moron is ill served by the mere label of moron.

His 86 against the Bills would be 13th compared to the passing leaders, he drives at the end to tie the game only to see the D fold for the loss, but in your tiny little brain that's "BAD".

We watch him drive for the winning score at the end of the game against the Boys, but in your mind that is "BAD". And BB says about that game, “You’re a long way away from the goal line and you haven’t really moved the ball that well,” Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. “I’ve said it before, there’s no quarterback I’d rather have.”

Brady puts up a 101 against the Steelers but according to you he was "BAD". Let me explain something to you about this game of football. It is impossible to have a 101 passer rating in a game and be BAD.

Again with the Giants game he moves in the clutch at the end to score but the D folds again for the loss. But in your feeble world that is "BAD".

You just can't get over the fact he is the 3rd rated passer with a 100 rating and the crap D you hype allows more yards than the worst of the worst teams in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Someone pointed out that Felger mentioned my comments as I yet again exposed Chris Gasper and Tony Mazz's column. Not hard to do, especially considering many others seee the same thing.  Gee, it's so confusing why dozens/the majoirty of comments under the columns generate the same reaaction. Did you make it past 10th grade, Hurlie?  Very doubtful. He apparently just didnt like how badly I exposed his bald little buddy, Tony Mazz. lol NEWSFLASH: You, Felger, Mazz and Gasper are geeks, not athletes and don;'t know football. Right now NE's D is performing better than GB's. Stick to madden video games and fantasy football, Mt. Hurl. Or Dungeons and Dragons with all the other gaming things you like to do. Leave the football analysis to those who watch the games and know. Seen Chris Forsberg's analysis of Brady's 10 INTs this year, Hurlie? Of course you haven't.  If you look at that, every single Chris Gasper-infused premise you've used here would make you look more dumb than you are right now. Read up, dipsh-it: Your boyfriends here at the Globe won't write columns like this: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7213320/why-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-game Lol! Yeah, I sure remember Brady lookijng like this after Moss was dealt and when he won 3 rings! What a moron you are.  Drop the Brady blowup doll and weep, little girl: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4708861/breakdown-bradys-ints THE BRADY 10 INT# Situation Result Takeover Result 1 2nd & 7, MIA 40 Tipped pass NE 9 TD 2 1st & 10, BUF 13 Off receiver BUF 10 FG 3 1st & 10, NE 43 Bad pass NE 39 TD 4 1st & 10, BUF 23 Bad pass BUF 5 TD 5 1st & 10, NE 20 Tipped pass -- TD 6 2nd & 10, NYJ 11 Off receiver -- Halftime 7 1st & 10, NE 10 Bad pass NE 23 FG 8 2nd & 10, DAL 33 QB hit DAL 32 FG 9 2nd & 7, NY 29 Tipped pass NY 28 Punt 10 2nd & 3, NE 43 Bad pass NY 39 FG Nighty night, geek.

Thanks for proving our point imbecile. Of his 10 INTs, six were off the receiver, tips or from being hit. Guess what? Much of the time those end up being INTs for every QB that ever played.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Someone pointed out that Felger mentioned my comments as I yet again exposed Chris Gasper and Tony Mazz's column. Not hard to do, especially considering many others seee the same thing.  Gee, it's so confusing why dozens/the majoirty of comments under the columns generate the same reaaction. Did you make it past 10th grade, Hurlie?  Very doubtful. He apparently just didnt like how badly I exposed his bald little buddy, Tony Mazz. lol NEWSFLASH: You, Felger, Mazz and Gasper are geeks, not athletes and don;'t know football. Right now NE's D is performing better than GB's. Stick to madden video games and fantasy football, Mt. Hurl. Or Dungeons and Dragons with all the other gaming things you like to do. Leave the football analysis to those who watch the games and know. Seen Chris Forsberg's analysis of Brady's 10 INTs this year, Hurlie? Of course you haven't.  If you look at that, every single Chris Gasper-infused premise you've used here would make you look more dumb than you are right now. Read up, dipsh-it: Your boyfriends here at the Globe won't write columns like this: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7213320/why-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-game Lol! Yeah, I sure remember Brady lookijng like this after Moss was dealt and when he won 3 rings! What a moron you are.  Drop the Brady blowup doll and weep, little girl: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4708861/breakdown-bradys-ints THE BRADY 10 INT# Situation Result Takeover Result 1 2nd & 7, MIA 40 Tipped pass NE 9 TD 2 1st & 10, BUF 13 Off receiver BUF 10 FG 3 1st & 10, NE 43 Bad pass NE 39 TD 4 1st & 10, BUF 23 Bad pass BUF 5 TD 5 1st & 10, NE 20 Tipped pass -- TD 6 2nd & 10, NYJ 11 Off receiver -- Halftime 7 1st & 10, NE 10 Bad pass NE 23 FG 8 2nd & 10, DAL 33 QB hit DAL 32 FG 9 2nd & 7, NY 29 Tipped pass NY 28 Punt 10 2nd & 3, NE 43 Bad pass NY 39 FG Nighty night, geek.

I love this post too! It further demonstrates your lack of football knowledge. See the problem is that you're reading articles and tossing names around again:(
    What you need to do is understand what you're watching...that simple..even for you numb nuts.

Tell me why you thoroughly defended every player I mentioned, when in fact you were wrong about all of them. Tell me who's good on our defense and why. Then tell me who's great on our defense and why. The problem is you don't get what you're watching - guys almost making plays. The NFL has always been full of guys almost making plays, they're called...guys that will be selling insurance in two years. It's fact. The problem is it's just such a small margin that we're talking about here, but yet it's huge!! And we have plenty of guys that almost make that play; it's why we're not good and it's why they will be selling insurance soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

To be clear, I am did not start this thread for Brady bashing. I think he is the greatest QB to ever live and still think he is playing as good as ever. I think you need good coaching no matter how great a player is. We do not have good coaching other then BB. They're are all gone.

Casual fans see we have BB so we should still be dominant, but you can't replace the 30 plus years of experience Crennel brought. or the offensive play calling of Weiss.

We are putting Brady in a tough position by not using a power run formation on the field, and putting him under center.

Our offense has become one dimensional for no reason. if this were 2002 and we have NO RUN GAME and Brady had to throw the most atts of his career(as he did in 02) then I would understand. That is not the case.

49 pass atts to 12 runs by your power back for 52 yards against the 29th ranked run defense when our defense played the best game of the season is why we lost the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Six of his 10 INTs came in the Giants and Bills games. In both those games he drove for the tying or winning score at the end only to see the D fold and lose the game. So your theory about his INTs losing the games isn't holding water very well. The only game that sticks out as a low rushing total is the Steelers game, and that was due to the D allowing the Steelers to keep the ball for an obcene amount of time during the game.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]Only 1 team won this week scoring 20 or less points. brady needs to score more then 20. big deal with last second drive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMan. Show RonMan's posts

This Board has deteriorated from being interesting to just plain nasty in two weeks time.  Amazing what losing does to "fans".  Even the Sox collapse didn't raise this amount of vitriol.  Too many "experts" and wannabe GMs for my taste.  Football at our level is a game and should provide enjoyment rather than an excuse to increase the level of hate in a society that already has enough of that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]This Board has deteriorated from being interesting to just plain nasty in two weeks time.  Amazing what losing does to "fans".  Even the Sox collapse didn't raise this amount of vitriol.  Too many "experts" and wannabe GMs for my taste.  Football at our level is a game and should provide enjoyment rather than an excuse to increase the level of hate in a society that already has enough of that.
    Posted by RonMan[/QUOTE]

RonMan, relax..it's not a knife fight. So we argue about football and pretend we're experts, it's generally what people do in these forums. I find it all very enjoyable, if you don't there's always forums on double rainbows and butterflies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : RonMan, relax..it's not a knife fight. So we argue about football and pretend we're experts, it's generally what people do in these forums. I find it all very enjoyable, if you don't there's always forums on double rainbows and butterflies.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

DOUBLE RAINBOW.............WOW..............ITS  SO BEAUTIFUL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Rusty, I focused my post on you because you have been the most vocal on this board about Brady. The other posters you mentioned have geared their posts more towards a more balanced offense whereas you've been more focused on talking about how bad Brady has been. I understand that mixing up the play calls and running it more is a huge benefit to a passing offense but I think you're being a little hard on Brady. He hasn't been good in those games you mentioned but he hasn't been Mark Sanchez bad. He hasn't been single-handedly losing games. If he screws up more likely than not he will redeem himself which he did in the Giants game. Where's the credit for a gutsy 4th down touchdown pass?

I agree with you that the defense has done what it can with the players it has but its just not good enough most games. Teams need to be able to win games defensively and show some mental toughness. The Pats d seems to be at its worst when the stakes are highest. They played great until the 4th when the offense started putting up some scores. They've been terrific in spells like I mentioned on another thread but the inconsistency is killing them. I didn't think the Giants had a snowball's chance in hell at marching down the field and sending it to overtime let alone winning outright in regulation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : DOUBLE RAINBOW.............WOW..............ITS  SO BEAUTIFUL.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I have know idea why, but I laugh my a__ off every time I watch that video.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMan. Show RonMan's posts

What's wrong with civil discourse?  Perhaps we can teach our politicians a lesson and actually work together to create  workable way forward.  This week-the Pats, next week-Europe, the final week-the US.  Who knows what a Double Rainbow (which I saw six weeks ago in Cape May, NJ) can do?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Babe, so what if the Pats went to a 100% pass offense, you think we would be winning more? What's your take on this...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting figures the Pats are 56-1 when the run the ball more then 50% of the snaps. So far this year results (% represents passing plays for that game): Jets - 48.5% - W Oak - 50% - W SD - 61.5% - W Dal - 62% - W Buf - 63% - L NYG - 67% - L Mia - 68.5% - W Pit - 74.5% - L The trend seems pretty clear to me, the more we run the better shot we have to win the game. The better one is when you break down the % of passes for the second half the 3 games with the highest % are Buf, Pit, and NYG. This doesn't mean you have to run it 50% of the time but more balance leads to a better team and better chances to win the game
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I think people misunderstand: We're not trying to be the Raiders or the 1976 Patriots

We just need balance on offense.  I think the line FORGOT how to road-grate.  Koppen and Light were both here when we DID have a running game, and they were positive contributors to it, back when we had Dillon and even Antwoain Smith.

Maybe Cannon and Solder can help alter the identity of this offense (especially if Solder can bulk up)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Forgive me, but weren't you or was it just PatsLifer who is taking the media bait about the root cause being the D? I thought both of you were trying to deflect from Brady and the gameplanning just this week.

Well I don't put blame completely on the D but the D does share some of the blame.

The O needs to be more balanced and less reliant on Brady

The D needs to play 60mins. It doesn't matter if they look great for 53 mins if they can't get 1 stop when it's needed most. Same thing on the O side. It doesn't matter if they score 35 points a game if they need a FG in the last drive and get a 3 and out then everything they did that game is moot.

The coaching needs to adjust better

The ST's need to wake up period

Last game I saw hope that the D was starting to look good but failed in the most critical moment. But, I'd take that over seeing the O take another step backwards.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If we dont hone our run game now, we're gonna suck in the snow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Six of his 10 INTs came in the Giants and Bills games. In both those games he drove for the tying or winning score at the end only to see the D fold and lose the game. So your theory about his INTs losing the games isn't holding water very well. The only game that sticks out as a low rushing total is the Steelers game, and that was due to the D allowing the Steelers to keep the ball for an obcene amount of time during the game.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Lets look at those ints then tell me if it didn't cost them the game?

Buf:

Int on the 13 so inside the red zone which at minimum would have been a FG. Buf drives down field for a FG that's a 6 point swing.

Int on NE 43. Buf drives down for a TD 7 point swing

Int on NE at Buf 23. NE in FG range. Buf drives down for a TD 10 point swing

Int on NE 20 ran back for a TD 7 point swing.

In total a 30 point swing because of turn overs, yep his ints didn't cost them that game. BTW 3 ints came in the second half

NYG:

Int on NYG 29. In FG range. Giants don't scor 3 point swing

Int on NE 43 Giants drive down for FG 3 point swing

Fum Brady fumbles while dropping back to pass. Giants recover score a TD 7 point swing.

So turn overs by Brady consisted of a 13 point swing. Can't blame the D for giving up a FG on short yards, not scoring that initial FG, or giving up points when the Giants have the ball on the 10.

The turn overs didn't hurt as much as the Buf game but it still was the difference in the game. You take away half those turn overs and we win both games. Brady dropping back to many times can be directly related to those turn overs and there is no question about that. Even without an effective running game it's still a way to limit the chances of turn overs which prevents scoring swings and momentum swings