Tom Brady is on pace to.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Tom Brady is on pace to.....

I think what most people are saying on this thread, is that the main problem lies with Tom. If that is the case then all that's needed is for him to throw a little less (which will happen as it gets colder), and for us to run the ball more (which historically happens when the weather turns in December). So once this happens we will be all set to get our 4th Super Bowl title? LMAO!!

Take a look at this guy's stats. Then actually watch some of the passes he regularly makes. Look at the lack of separation these receivers get..and despite that watch him riffle the ball in there accurately and on time. These are passes that most QB's cannot make regularly and he is being asked to do it every single game...every one. After they traded Moss last year he was asked to do it and what did he do? Went on to play as well as any QB has ever played. Ever.

How is he playing now? Better than a lot of people think, it's just not as good as perfect, like he was last year. Here lies the problem...he's got to be perfect. It can't be easy to know you have to score 25 plus points a game to win or if you leave any thing more than 30 seconds on the clock, the defense won't be able to stop them. What do you think the Jets would look like with Brady on that team?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to.....:
    [QUOTE]He's also on pace to join the 3 others that have ever thrown 40 TDs or more in a season. But maybe we should slow that down so we can unleash our mediocre running game on the opposition.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I would gladly choose a 4.5 ypc in a balanced game plan that brings them victory as opposed to a glorious passing attack that awards them gaudy stats on the way to defeat.  I don't know why you are being sarcastic.  4.5 is pretty darn respectable.  4.5 coupled with a strong QB can win the SB for a team with an average D.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : How shocking that you didn't mention Cambell key turnovers against the Patsies that handed you the game.  What?  You also didn't mention Philip Rivers throwing a pick inside the 20 or the fumble just outside their own goal line.  Ever notice how when the Jets make a big play like forcing a fumble, blocking a kick, intercepting a ball and returning it for a TD it was either lucky or the other team choking, but with the Patsies, it's their awesome D stepping up and taking the ball away?  Why is that?
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Why would a Pats fan listen to a joker Jets fan? It's not like you guys have any experience winning Super Bowls. Now if we want to get advice on how to make fools out of ourselves by claimiing we're going to win the Super Bowl then failing to even get there then we'll come to you for advice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : That could simply mean the running was ineffective so they did it less.

Your post could simply mean that you were not watching the games, or ineffectively analyzed what your were viewing.

(OK, enough of imitiating your smug sarcasm.  I don't really disrespect you, but you have been pretty smug and sarcastic to a lot of people this week, and I figured you should get a dose of your own. Back to civility.)

They were getting very good yards in the first half last week then abandoned the running game as if they were down 10 with seven left in the 4th.

Ditto for the week before.

And then they lost.

It was the passing game that was failing, not the running game.  They should have just kept pounding the ball until they wore down the defenses, then later employed their hurry-up and alternated between the pass and run while the opposing teams could not substitute appropriately.  That was how they won some of their best games this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : News flash Evil One. You don't need to excuse a 2-1 TD/INT ratio. And Brady's INTs this year are 1 in a hundred passes more than his career mark, which is top 3 all-time. It is less than 1% different.

But when have those INTs usually come?  When they were about to score.  Those INTs were very ugly INTs, because they led to 6-to-14 point swings, the difference in who won, who lost. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : An interception in the endzone returned for a TD is the only 14 point swing.  Even then, no gaurantee that was going to be a TD in the first place.

You are missing my point on the points.  They were driving forcefully in most cases, on the verge of seven, not three.  Some picks were made in the EZ.  MOst were made in the RZ, as I recall.  And in many cases, the opponent then drove the length of the field and scored 3 or seven.  In some cases, the INT return set those teams up in scoring position.

Look, we can respectfully disagree about how many points were lost and given, but I don't think there is any arguing that those picks were the deciding factors in the Pats winning.

As for other comments in this thread about the D failing after Brady scored to take a late lead, keep in mind, all, that for the past four games Brady has been forcing that D back out on the field with short rests.  Even the best players will eventually get gassed.  Is there any debate that the D played very well last week until that last drive.  Can't fault them for the questionable 35-yd P/I on the drive before. (Compared to what they Giants DBs and LBs were allowed in contact, that penalty did not belong in the game.)  

So chalk the D up for one bad series in that loss and the O for more than a half dozen bad series in that loss.  I would love to have our D play that well in every game against a hot opposing offense and QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Brady's stats are the most misleading of his career. Fact. He was brilliant in 2006, but undermanned in support.  He's got a loaded cast now, but performing poorly. Fact.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Dear Rustolium,
    Please don't comment on stats, because our beloved defense is statistically the lowest ranked defense in the league and our Hall of Fame QB is rated third. Statistically fact:(   Sorry dumb dumb. It's just fact. Now most people with half a brain know this, the problem is that you have 1/32nd of a brain. Fact.

Listen I understand that your mom ran out of breast milk and that part of your problem was just simply lack of milk...not the fact that she dropped you. When are you going to get over this? At some point you have to stop blaming mom!! She did the best she could under the circumstances (Dairy Queen employee of the month etc.).  

Did you even watch that 2nd Jets game last year? Did you see the coverage in that game? Did you notice the tight places Brady was putting that ball? There are very very few people that can do that in this league. Don't confuse Branch, Tate (when he was here) and Ocho for "loaded" talent. LMAO! Come to think of it, don't confuse Benny for Adrian Peterson. We are not "loaded" on offense, do you know what you're even watching?

Here this is what you should do - go to the store (borrow money if you must) - guy a gallon of milk - and drink it! Get it out of your system. So you didn't get it as an infant, so what? Aside from the fact that you know nothing about what you're watching - there's still time for you to become a productive citizen of society. I'm not saying anyone will ever want to spend more than 5 minutes with you, but maybe they won't throw rocks at you anymore:)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : I have know idea why, but I laugh my a__ off every time I watch that video.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Because it is absolutely hilarious. That guy was on serious drugs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : The D has been better than our offense, overall, the last month.  The root cause of why the D ins't even better is because of the offense pretty much not doing this: 1. Not scoring for long periods of the game. 2. Clock management 3. Field position 4. Not dictating by even getting a FG on easy drives/poor drives to start game or out of halftime. 5. Taking pressure of our D/giving them some rest to help. There is a myth right now by the media (Dungy and Rodney just said this), that claims Brady is pressing to much FALSE In Oakland and against the Jets, Brady threw less than 40 times, we ran all over those teams, and we scored 34 and 31 points, with 31 likely being more if Brady doesn't throw an INT when Hernandez dropped it. So, compare Buffalo's game, why we lost, and why we responded in Oakland and against NY.  We changed how we played because of Brady's mismanagement in Buffalo, throwing the game away. They clearly adjusted, told Brady we ain't passing 40 times against Oakland and the Jets, and we won.  Gee, what a nove concept. Then, Brady gets back to playing the way he wants, and we deserved to lose to Dallas.  This isn't rocket science here.  For some it is, but for the ones who have a clue (like us), it's not. We ran it, our D gained confidence, players played better, actually battled very well against Dallas, had a C game in Pitt, but again battled, and then last week collapsed late due to being on the field so much, some late injuries, and PI calls. These are all facts of what happened, not opinions or misrepresentations. I saw this with my own two eyes. Our D was outstanding last week for 57 minutes. Is it too much to ask for our offense to do something better for at least 3 more minutes in that game last week? Really? The talent on that offense?  Hmm. At some point our offense simply must show up to work somehow, some way. This will not happen unless we run the ball, see better gameplans from O'Brien and Brady and better execution from our offense. We got Logan Mankins playing like absolutely dog dung after holding out for 9 mil per, and Tony Dungy/Rodney Harrison think Brady is trying to do too much to score 30+ points. It's a farce.  They're making excuses due to Brady's greatness in prior seasons. Brady is playing far WORSE than 2006 when Reche Caldwell was his #1. It's true. Run the ball, take pressure of Brady, the O Line and your D, and let's get back to methodical, basic football here. This debate was dead in 2009, was fixed in 2010 when Moss was dealt where everyone breathed a sigh of relief, sort of like when you break up with your girlfirend but waited so lonng to do it, only to get back with that girlfriend last January, which was a clear mistake. It's like a fungus. Rid the team of the fungus (shotgun spread at 60% of your plays aaginst good Ds) and I can pretty much guarantee our team looks closer to the Pats of 2003 or 2004, then what we've seen. We have ZERO continuity and it STEMS from the offense being absolutely HORRIBLE over 60 minutes. They might look good a times with eye popping Welker plays, but that's not good enough. Let's act like we know what  Pats team is supposed to look like instead of listening to stat and fantasy geeks like Babe Parilli and Mt. Hurl. If they want to play with their Brady dolls, play 10 fantasy leagues and MAdden video games, that's their business.

Again with the Brady has hi-jacked Bill Belichicks control of the team Rusty?

You are here incessantly informing we the unwashed that we can't possibly appreciate the genius that is Bill Belichick  - and THEN going on to tell us that Brady has taken control of the offense - that Bill Belichick has no say in the matter

Rusty - did YOU get past the 10th grade? If so, did you happen to take any logic courses? If so, how did that go?

Rusty -  you simply cannot make the Pats D better than what all of us see every week by repeating over and over how good they are - that is not how it works

Rusty - your posts are start to sound like that golden oldie - Louie, Louie

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Brady's stats are the most misleading of his career. Fact. He was brilliant in 2006, but undermanned in support.  He's got a loaded cast now, but performing poorly. Fact.

I think this is where a difference in opinion lies on what is important to a winning football team. The "new age" fan sees 07 and the after math (pass heavy league) and thinks that is the only way you can win/be successful in this league.

I would almost say that 2006 was Brady's best year playing QB until last year. He had ZERO talent at wr in 06 and was a pass interference call away from going to the SB. I've never seen a QB do so much with so little. He did it without Weiss, a good RB, good wr's and an old defense.

Then we went on an offensive tear with Moss WW an co. but it lead to 14 pts in the most important game of the dynasty's era. We traded Moss and went back to a balanced offense built around great TE's and a run game, that can play "complimentary football" with the defense.

Unfortunately the 07 offense is having a lingering effect on this coaching staff and Brady. It becomes our crutch when it doesn't need to be. It is difficult for fans to understand but I know what I see and that is the need for balanced play calling and smash mouth football. Something that has been dead in N.E for quite a while now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Brady threw 45 times last January. For us to think that NY would play the same D as they did in December is either rrogance or stupidity. Regardless, you're a complete for moron for defending it. You see no connection between gameplans from Week 5 last year through Week 17 and then the one in January. Like I said, get to a local college.  You could only dream of having an IQ like the rest of use edcuated folk have here, apparently. You are jumping through hoops to defend the gameplan and Brady. Enjoy the blow up doll.

"Regardless, you're a complete for moron for defending it."

Hahaha! You sure you went to college professor? I'm going to start writing the Rusty way! Here it goes...

Rob Nincovich clealry is way better than average he may look like he trying to run to blocks but really if you watch gam and film like me u no he just trying to hurt sumbuby. Its wut we do hurt em. Yeah we bad and highly edumacated.

Now let me phil you in on the Jets  gnmae plan. They cover 2 and then cover 5 and then zone and then blitz, then man. You dig? Hell Ill fill you in on any defensive game plan on any team on any given sumday. Heck I male my game plans in too bill...its why we hurt em big time on D every single weak! now if u'll excuse me i need to go bash brady and check on my boy bodded ned den. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : I think this is where a difference in opinion lies on what is important to a winning football team. The "new age" fan sees 07 and the after math (pass heavy league) and thinks that is the only way you can win/be successful in this league. I would almost say that 2006 was Brady's best year playing QB until last year. He had ZERO talent at wr in 06 and was a pass interference call away from going to the SB. I've never seen a QB do so much with so little. He did it without Weiss, a good RB, good wr's and an old defense. Then we went on an offensive tear with Moss WW an co. but it lead to 14 pts in the most important game of the dynasty's era. We traded Moss and went back to a balanced offense built around great TE's and a run game, that can play "complimentary football" with the defense. Unfortunately the 07 offense is having a lingering effect on this coaching staff and Brady. It becomes our crutch when it doesn't need to be. It is difficult for fans to understand but I know what I see and that is the need for balanced play calling and smash mouth football. Something that has been dead in N.E for quite a while now.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I agree that the offense has gotten stale in the last 3 weeks - The Jets gave the league the blueprint to slowing the Pats down in the playoff game - they clog up the middle of the field closing off the passing lanes for the short and intermediate throws - because the Patriots have no player on the field that any team respects deep/outside the hash marks

What I don't read a lot of people saying - and I think is being missed - is that this defense being played against the Pats will also slow down the running and screen game, which the Patriots used to run so effectively - so much of the opposing D is close to the line clogging up the underneath passing routes that they are there to support run defense almost by accident

Every keeps saying the Pats need to run the ball more - I would agree with that if the running is effective - but, except for parts of the Oakland/Jets games, has anyone seen that the Patriots can consistently move the ball down the field?

Couple this with the knowledge that most weeks the Pats D will give up 20+ (even though they didn't last week) - and it is very difficult at this point for the Pats to commit to the run when they are going 3 and out lots of the time

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : I agree that the offense has gotten stale in the last 3 weeks - The Jets gave the league the blueprint to slowing the Pats down in the playoff game - they clog up the middle of the field closing off the passing lanes for the short and intermediate throws - because the Patriots have no player on the field that any team respects deep/outside the hash marks What I don't read a lot of people saying - and I think is being missed - is that this defense being played against the Pats will also slow down the running and screen game, which the Patriots used to run so effectively - so much of the opposing D is close to the line clogging up the underneath passing routes that they are there to support run defense almost by accident Every keeps saying the Pats need to run the ball more - I would agree with that if the running is effective - but, except for parts of the Oakland/Jets games, has anyone seen that the Patriots can consistently move the ball down the field? Couple this with the knowledge that most weeks the Pats D will give up 20+ (even though they didn't last week) - and it is very difficult at this point for the Pats to commit to the run when they are going 3 and out lots of the time
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Bingo! Bingo! Yet our very own village idiot runs around here bashing every one saying it's Brady's fault, it's the offensive game plan's fault, the offense is loaded!! This offense is lacking a very very key ingredient that is making it tough to hide this horrific defense - something, anything - that can stretch it out. You want to pound the ball? How can you when their defense is allowed to creep five yards from the line because they know we can only send guys that run 4.6's down the field? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Let's see, an offense that put up fewer points per game than the 2011 version combined with a defense that gives up 120 more passing yards & almost 10 more points a game while getting fewer turnovers and having an opposing passer rating 25 points higher is your reasoning why Tom Brady's 2011 rating of 100 is actually worse than his 2006 rating of 80 something?   You are pathetic and will stop at nothing to try to exonerate the failures of Bill.  
    My god Rusty, even the Jet's trolls own you! I think you're a moron and even I'm getting secondary embarrassment for you:(

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tom Brady is on pace to..... : Lets look at those ints then tell me if it didn't cost them the game? Buf: Int on the 13 so inside the red zone which at minimum would have been a FG. Buf drives down field for a FG that's a 6 point swing. Int on NE 43. Buf drives down for a TD 7 point swing Int on NE at Buf 23. NE in FG range. Buf drives down for a TD 10 point swing Int on NE 20 ran back for a TD 7 point swing. In total a 30 point swing because of turn overs, yep his ints didn't cost them that game. BTW 3 ints came in the second half NYG: Int on NYG 29. In FG range. Giants don't scor 3 point swing Int on NE 43 Giants drive down for FG 3 point swing Fum Brady fumbles while dropping back to pass. Giants recover score a TD 7 point swing. So turn overs by Brady consisted of a 13 point swing. Can't blame the D for giving up a FG on short yards, not scoring that initial FG, or giving up points when the Giants have the ball on the 10. The turn overs didn't hurt as much as the Buf game but it still was the difference in the game. You take away half those turn overs and we win both games. Brady dropping back to many times can be directly related to those turn overs and there is no question about that. Even without an effective running game it's still a way to limit the chances of turn overs which prevents scoring swings and momentum swings
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

This is where you have the Rusty disease, and I just can't figure out why.

ALL QBs have point swings like you are pinning on Brady reltive to turnovers.

Brady has one lost fumble which is better than 20 other QBs so far.

He is on pace for 40 TDs which 3 other guys IN HISTORY have equaled but that is ignored. Only 5 times has that level been exceeded - EVER.

And his INT number is within every paramater of what normal is.

It is absolutely mind boggling that we have a D which gives up more yards per play than ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, yes, more than the 0-9 Colts, the 1-7 Dolphins and 1-7 Rams.

Yet fans blame the 3rd rated QB with the 100 passer rating who is on pace for the 6th most TD passes ever thrown.

Most teams would kill for a QB with those numbers. This is the single dumbest argument about football I have ever witnessed in my life. You people really don't deserve Brady. You really don't. You deserve Bledsoe.

25. This post has been removed.