TOM BRADY THOUGHTS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

TOM BRADY THOUGHTS

as much as i love the guy i think his time as an elite QB is running out and he could be done in just a couple of years due to his major knee injury plus the beatings he takes constantly.

i was wondering about my fellow pats fans opinions on how much time brady has left. i think hes got 3 more years.

in this years draft i really hope to pats pick up Fordam QB John Skelton. i'd like to see the pats pick this kid up in the 5th or 6th this year. hes 6'5" with more bulk than brady at 260 lbs. hes got a CANNON for an arm and was very productive at an underachieving school. i think he has good NFL potential. we all know that good QBs can come out of the 6th round. i say sign this kid up and give him a couple years under brady (i truely think that tommy boy's NFL time is runnning out) and then let him and hoyer battle it out for the job of starting QB.

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: TOM BRADY THOUGHTS

In the 6th or 7th, I dont care who we pick if the scouts think he is good, I am all for it.  But I think Brady has more then 3 years left.  Barring another huge injury, he has 3 more elite, 2-3 as very good and possibly 2 more as good to above average.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Regardless for Brady or any other QB the Pats need to rebuild the right side of line and center positions. I think Brady will be around for a while (5 yrs) with a good offensive line. I don't see any QB moves this offseason with Brady and Hoyer being the two QB's on the team next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

another guy i like in this years draft class is jarrett brown from wvu. not sure what roundhe projects to be in, but he has some good raw talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I've never seen an elite QB be done by age 35.  Elway, Montana, Young, Favre, Warner, etc., they all make it to 38-40.  Barring a catastrophic injury, I see Brady making it close to 40.  He says he's going to play until after 40, and when Brady has a goal like that, it's hard to question him.  I say he has a MINIMUM of 5 years left.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Fordam QB John Skelton. i'd like to see the pats pick this kid up in the 5th or 6th this year. hes 6'5" with more bulk than brady at 260 lbs.

This guy sounds awesome!  While I like Brady as a QB, it's always bothered me that he never had enough bulk.  TD passes are nice, but bulk would be great!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

I hate to be the one to cast gloom or doom but me thinks 2 or 3 years tops. My reasoning is this, The more hits Brady takes the more frustrated he becomes and the more he shows it. Brady is a smart guy, not to say the others that went to age 40 were not, but Brady has said he has political ambitions in his future and with the new wife and new child, I dont see Tom Terrific staying after 3 years just to play and hang around, espically if he doesnt see the team get the right people in place to protect him.
    I remember watching Larry Bird, and then seeing the wind in sails of playtime just get lost into thin air along with his bad back. I think Brady will know when to pull the plug and I think he is going to supprise everyone when in 3 years he says, thank you and good bye. When he starts to relive the glory days more than the future with this team, its all over for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Everyone said Kurt Warner was done years ago... How did that turn out?

If you think about it the other way he had one of his best seasons after a major knee surgery, with a beaten up O-line, and a WR with a separated shoulder. That's not too shabby...

I'm with Pyegian, he'll play until he's 38-40. He's said many times that he wants to, and I don't have any reason to question that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

alcon, while you do make some good points, I think what drives Tommy Brady is winning and with that in mind, I think the Patriots are now at a point where they're putting together that young, talented roster to last them a good 5-8 years. Similar to what we just "unloaded" the previous two seasons. When you look at his preparation, his work ethic, enthusiasm for the game, and his hunger to win, I don't think he leaves until he realizes he can't do it anymore. He's a family guy, and I say that based on what I can perceive through the media, and he witnessed the birth of his second child, drove through heavy snow, and in time for PRACTICE, after a criticial loss in Miami (if I remember, correctly). I'm a Tommy homer as much as the next guy but I think he wants to rack up those rings and I think he does want to overtake his boyhood idol, Joe Montana. Of coure, another catastrophic injury derails all of that but in an ideal situation, I think he stays for a long time. He also mentioned in a piece in Sports Illustrated before training camp that his year off renewed his love for the game and that more than the games even, he couldn't wait to be back out there to practice with the guys and hang in the locker room. To me, that doesn't sound like a veteran who's getting into "conseravative" mode.

I'd love to see Tommy finish with 6 rings...the MJ of the NFL (in a sport today where it's practically impossible to win that many rings with multiple franchises let alone ONE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Brady is a great QB because he is a meat popcycle when the game is on the line.
      I don't think a few gray hairs and gimpy leg will make him throw a pick 6 to lose the superbowl. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why are we wasting a draft pick on a QB? 

We have needs, people.

RE, ROLB, LOLB, CB, OT, WR, RB

After that, we can draft a Gatorade cooler for all I care.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to TOM BRADY THOUGHTS:
    as much as i love the guy i think his time as an elite QB is running out and he could be done in just a couple of years due to his major knee injury plus the beatings he takes constantly. i was wondering about my fellow pats fans opinions on how much time brady has left. i think hes got 3 more years. in this years draft i really hope to pats pick up Fordam QB John Skelton. i'd like to see the pats pick this kid up in the 5th or 6th this year. hes 6'5" with more bulk than brady at 260 lbs. hes got a CANNON for an arm and was very productive at an underachieving school. i think he has good NFL potential. we all know that good QBs can come out of the 6th round. i say sign this kid up and give him a couple years under brady (i truely think that tommy boy's NFL time is runnning out) and then let him and hoyer battle it out for the job of starting QB. thoughts?
    Posted by FOWLER8196

I love how people have no clue about things and just post total BS....

I don't care if te pats pick a QB in the 6th or 7th round....

But to say that Brady is on the downside of his career is pure stupidity....

Brady just had his second best statistical season of his career, that is RIGHT after his being out of football for a year with knee surgery.  keep him protected and he can be an Elite QB for 5 more years......he is only 32 and is in the middle of his prime years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Fix the protection and you fix Brady 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: TOM BRADY THOUGHTS:
    Fix the protection and you fix Brady 
    Posted by harleyroadking103

As simple as that.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

I think Tom will play long enough so that when he retires we can then draft that 13 year old kid that just verbally committed to USC. So figure 6 to 8 more years

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Anonymous sources indicate that Brady plans to play until he's 54 and then hand the reins over to Ben.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Brady will be the QB for the next 5 years in my opinion that is fairly certain as long as he stays away from another injury. If that is the case this is too early to draft a replacement even if you are developing one because basicly you develop a QB in two years... and the third year he starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to TOM BRADY THOUGHTS : I love how people have no clue about things and just post total BS.... I don't care if te pats pick a QB in the 6th or 7th round.... But to say that Brady is on the downside of his career is pure stupidity.... Brady just had his second best statistical season of his career, that is RIGHT after his being out of football for a year with knee surgery.  keep him protected and he can be an Elite QB for 5 more years......he is only 32 and is in the middle of his prime years.
    Posted by m1021us

Wow hey thank you DINKUS Breath for your insight about me having no clue. Ahh lets see, being 32 and getting older that means the later half of a football career and that means downside. As for BS now you brought up stats, so lets see what stats get, ala Peyton Manning. Oh thats right they get you nothing but more stats (You must be one more of those stat guys that gets stiffys from all the stats). Brady nor BB care about stats they care about winning (that means SUPER BOWLS). Now what I said was, let me talk baby talk so you can understand Midget Brain, If the Patriots dont rebuild and Brady keeps getting clobbered (that means tackled BS boy) and hurt( that means he cant walk, cant talk, cant eat, cant have yum yums with his wife), then I (that means me) think he will become frustrated enough to say enough is enough and thats based on him being smart enough to know when to say when(that means he might just retire).Now I know Tommy loooooves to play football, but he also knows there is more to life than just football (see he has a wife and 2 children) So BS boy, I base my clueless decisions on a man having a life and the possibility of living it without a wheelchair. I know its hard for you Pumpkin Head to understand all this, but just have your mommy explain it to you while you eat your peanut butter and jelly sammich. Now be a good boy and go back to your coloring books and let us grown ups talk ok? Night Night Pumpkin boy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

alcondragon....Brady had an interview right before the season started in which he said that football and his family are the only things he cares about in his life.  He said "if I can't play football, what the he** else am I going to do?"  In that same interview, he said he wants to play until AT LEAST 40, and hopes to play until he is "kicked out".  

Now to suggest he'll want to step away at 35 is just completely ignoring his attitude and approach to the game.  Brady will play football as long as they allow him to play football.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: TOM BRADY THOUGHTS : Wow hey thank you DINKUS for your insight about me having no clue. Ahh lets see, being 32 and getting older that means the later half and that means downside. As for BS now you brought up stats so lets see what stats get ala Peyton Manning, Oh thats right they get you nothing but more stats (You must be one more of those stat guys). Brady nor BB care about stats they care about winning. Now what I said was, let me talk baby talk so you can understand Midget Brain, If the Patriots dont rebuild and Brady keeps getting clobbered (that means tackled BS boy) and hurt( that means he cant walk, cant talk, cant eat, cant have yum yums with his wife), then I (that means me) think he will become frustrated enough to say enough is enough and thats based on him being smart enough to know when to say when(that means he might just retire).Now I know Tommy looves to play football, but he also knows there is more to life than just football(see he has a wife and 2 children) So BS boy, I base my clueless decisions on a man having a life and the possibility of living it without a wheelchair. I knwo its hard for you Pumpkin to understand all this but hav eyour mommy explain it to you while you eat your peanut butter and jelly sammich. Now be a good boy and go back to yoru coloring books and let us grown ups talk ok? Night Night Pumpkin boy
    Posted by alcondragon

Wow, a little angry? It doesn't necessarily mean downside. Kurt Warner and many other QBs have thrived late in their careers, and Brady just had one of his best seasons with a bad O-line, injuries, and a WR with a bum shoulder all after a major knee surgery. You can't argue that. He's not a scrambler so we don't have to worry about his speed declining with age. All we need to worry about is Brady becoming less durable and maybe losing some arm strength.

Which brings me to my next point: protection. You just blasted that other poster because you say Brady is going to get hurt and want to quit because of a bad O-line. You called that poster a pumpkin brain and all kids of insults. Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't that poster say the Pats need to protect Brady, and with good protection he can play longer? You spent that entire post flaming him because you claim he didn't say something he did say. Maybe you need to rub your magic lamp a little longer.

Also, what Brady may start to lack in physical attributes with age, he'll make up with a better understanding of schemes and defenses. We've seen it over the years. Every year he gets better and better at picking defenses apart.

Oh, and stats do matter to a point. You're right it's only about winning, but more often than not you win with better stats. Isn't Brees a stat hog? Didn't he just win a superbowl with great stats? They aren't everything, but they are important.

Who is more likely to win this game?

QB 1 - 350 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs

QB 2 - 150 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

I would assume that nine times out of ten QB 1 would win the game he played rather than QB 2. If you didn't know the outcome of the game, wouldn't you rather Brady's stats be more like QB 1 rather than QB 2? Why? Because stats can matter. Which QB had better stats in the superbowl? The winner did, that's who. Brady just finished his second best statistical season and made it to the playoffs with a bad O-line, injuries, a WR with a bum shoulder, and a shoddy defense. I would say he's just fine as a QB, and I have no reason to question that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: TOM BRADY THOUGHTS : Wow hey thank you DINKUS Breath for your insight about me having no clue. Ahh lets see, being 32 and getting older that means the later half of a football career and that means downside. As for BS now you brought up stats, so lets see what stats get, ala Peyton Manning. Oh thats right they get you nothing but more stats (You must be one more of those stat guys that gets stiffys from all the stats). Brady nor BB care about stats they care about winning (that means SUPER BOWLS). Now what I said was, let me talk baby talk so you can understand Midget Brain, If the Patriots dont rebuild and Brady keeps getting clobbered (that means tackled BS boy) and hurt( that means he cant walk, cant talk, cant eat, cant have yum yums with his wife), then I (that means me) think he will become frustrated enough to say enough is enough and thats based on him being smart enough to know when to say when(that means he might just retire).Now I know Tommy loooooves to play football, but he also knows there is more to life than just football (see he has a wife and 2 children) So BS boy, I base my clueless decisions on a man having a life and the possibility of living it without a wheelchair. I know its hard for you Pumpkin Head to understand all this, but just have your mommy explain it to you while you eat your peanut butter and jelly sammich. Now be a good boy and go back to your coloring books and let us grown ups talk ok? Night Night Pumpkin boy
    Posted by alcondragon

Wow someone is a little touchy and on the rag.....You don't think that Brady is still a winner?  I am sorry to dissapoint you, but the stats come with being an elite QB....do you think that Indy is going to get rid of Pay-A-Ton because he has only won 1 Super Bowl?

You don't understand, nobody thinks that you have a good idea.....

and you might want to move out of your momma's basement before yelling at people about growing up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: TOM BRADY THOUGHTS : Wow, a little angry? It doesn't necessarily mean downside. Kurt Warner and many other QBs have thrived late in their careers, and Brady just had one of his best seasons with a bad O-line, injuries, and a WR with a bum shoulder all after a major knee surgery. You can't argue that. He's not a scrambler so we don't have to worry about his speed declining with age. All we need to worry about is Brady becoming less durable and maybe losing some arm strength. Which brings me to my next point: protection. You just blasted that other poster because you say Brady is going to get hurt and want to quit because of a bad O-line. You called that poster a pumpkin brain and all kids of insults. Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't that poster say the Pats need to protect Brady, and with good protection he can play longer? You spent that entire post flaming him because you claim he didn't say something he did say. Maybe you need to rub your magic lamp a little longer. Also, what Brady may start to lack in physical attributes with age, he'll make up with a better understanding of schemes and defenses. We've seen it over the years. Every year he gets better and better at picking defenses apart. Oh, and stats do matter to a point. You're right it's only about winning, but more often than not you win with better stats. Isn't Brees a stat hog? Didn't he just win a superbowl with great stats? They aren't everything, but they are important. Who is more likely to win this game? QB 1 - 350 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs QB 2 - 150 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT I would assume that nine times out of ten QB 1 would win the game he played rather than QB 2. If you didn't know the outcome of the game, wouldn't you rather Brady's stats be more like QB 1 rather than QB 2? Why? Because stats can matter. Which QB had better stats in the superbowl? The winner did, that's who. Brady just finished his second best statistical season and made it to the playoffs with a bad O-line, injuries, a WR with a bum shoulder, and a shoddy defense. I would say he's just fine as a QB, and I have no reason to question that.
    Posted by magicalhobo

hobo, that child's poor attitude and really bad attempt at insults makes me feel bad for her......

This same child was probably the same person who was advocating that trade Brady and keep Cassel bandwaggon!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Just a reminder:

Intolerance . . .

will not be tolerated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

I would draft a QB if a good one is on the board for value,  the texans gave up 2 second round picks for matt schuab, Bret Farve sat on the bench in Atlanta and Cassel just got a sixty million dollar contract.  The NFL is a QB league and if you got a good young one teams will give up first and second round picks for a Roster filler that is only gonna back up Brady for the next five years

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

I think Tom will play long enough so that when he retires we can then draft that 13 year old kid that just verbally committed to USC. So figure 6 to 8 more years
    Posted by JimNotJimmy

lol so true. Brady, with his passion and work ethic, should be a very good QB for at least 5 more years. No need to draft his heir apparent yet because by the time he develops, he'll be a FA. 3 or 4 years from now would be a good time to go after the heir apparent. Can't wait for this draft to come. Time to restock this team and go for another title.