Tony Dungy Annoys Me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Tony Dungy Annoys Me

It used to be that this guy was the only guy I could stand in the Colts organization. Now, I can't even say that.

First, without any merit or backing, he says the Cowboys had no chance against the Saints. Then, that clown laughed it off and talked about Peyton.

Now, he's saying the Super Bowl won't even be close. Really?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: Tony Dungy Annoys Me

Yeah, I've noticed that Bruschi, Rodney, and Dungy have all shown a real bias towards their old teams.  This particular statement is not one he would have tolerated if he were still affiliated with the Colts.  I'm not a big believer in the notion that stupid statements (like the ones R. Ryan makes) really provide any kind of material difference, but Dungy never allowed these kind of statements when he was coach.  By the same token, he's an announcer now and I think he's right. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

A Dolt fan defeding SAINT Tony...what a surprise...Guy is a JOKE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Dungy doesn't belong on TV, It's like watching Ricky Bobby "I don't know what to do with my hands."  Very akward, TV is not his calling in life. 

This looks just like him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhkdHlCHLk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Dungy has alway creeped me out. In addition to never having anything interesting to say, he looks like a talking skeleton.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

"It used to be that this guy was the only guy I could stand in the Colts organization. Now, I can't even say that.

First, without any merit or backing, he says the Cowboys had no chance against the Saints. Then, that clown laughed it off and talked about Peyton.

Now, he's saying the Super Bowl won't even be close. Really?"

Get used to it. This is what happens when your team has a horrible latter half of a decade preceeded by a glorious former.

As for the game not being close...

If that overrated, gunslingin' geezer can tear apart that D, what chance does that same D have against Peyton?

Colts 38-16

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

WHY is Everyone Calling Tony Dungy, "Saint Dungy"?

~Is it because, although being against gay-marriage and gay rights and even the very acceptance of homosexuality-going so far as to raise millions of dollars to support Anti-Gay organizations, THAT Tony Dungy, unlike say for instance-MLB Pitcher John Rocker who simply made derisive comments about gay-people, Gets ZERO Chastisement for his intolerant beliefs at all?

~OR Is it because, although disowning his son (who was gay) for a time, The son, getting arrested because of overdosing on a drug, Then the son commits suicide-There was ZERO Chastisement of Tony Dungy's not only lauding his love for his dead son after the fact, BUT in regards to his son OD'ing on drugs, unlike Philadelphia's Coach, Andy Reid's son getting busted for drug use, There was also ZERO Media blitz examining the "adequacy" of Tony Dungy's parenting skills(however unjustified the media encroachment would be in BOTH cases)-AND rather, The limited Media stories on the situation-by and large, Praised Tony Dungy for his wonderful ideals of leadership, family love, and religious faith?

Close-minded Christian "Faith" of the Majority in power + Black person in leadership role + Successful Sport's figure in Nation's most popular sport > close-minded, loud-mouth, unbelievably ignorant and grandstanding hypocritical bigotry

...at least I don't care either way regarding homosexuality, but I don't care in an accepting, completely tolerant, good Who-Gives-a-Sh#t? way.  Hope noone blames me for that "ignorance", considering I'm not Tony Dungy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

Tony Dungy is conservative by nature in calling a football game & of course he wouldn't have gone for the 4th & 2 b/c the refs would have given Manning a PI call or 2 during the game so the Colts could win.  Dungy didn't have any gon@ds BB did & it didn't work out & as the season showed the Patriots weren't  SB caliber, but they almost beat the Colts that day.  Everyone is talking about how humble & nice Dungy is I sense a little "cockiness/ ala Barry-in-DC" it's all an act.  So, what is Dungy trying to say now that if the Colts win it will be as if he has 3 SB rings : 2 with the Colts (counting this yr.), & since the Bucs won the SB after he left he counts that one too.  Funny how his son wasn't good enough for a scholarship to Oregon but b/c of his dad's work w/Oregon Ducks RB LaGarrette Blount his son gets a scholarship there & his son only had like a 40 rating. hmmm... Dungy is arrogant & a little hypocritical he talks about the Rooney rule & while w/the Colts he went around the Rooney Rule & did an in-house candidate w/Jim Caldwell - which he didn't have a problem, but when a white coach is the coach in waiting he has a problem w/that. Talk about a Hypocrite!!   Tony Dungy is not Classy!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I've found one of the most effective ways to deter Tony Dungy from annoying me (and believe me, he WOULD annoy me) is not to tune in when he's on.

There's lots of hypocrisy in the world, and it's not much use shaking fists at it, but to me, Dungy stands out primarily because he does not discourage the media from idolizing him for nothing more than genetic circumstance and being in the right place at the right time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Yeah, I've noticed that Bruschi, Rodney, and Dungy have all shown a real bias towards their old teams." 

Bruschi and Rodney are not my favorite color guys but they are far less biased than Saint Dungy. Example: both Tedy and Rodney hammered Bill for going for it on 4th and 2. Dungy has not said one critical non-slurpy thing about the Colts since he got his announcing gig. He's a sanctimonious, high moral horse blowhard and a horrible commentator. 

I am baffled by Tony Dungy. I thought he was a good coach, now that he is being called coach of the decade I'd say slightly overrated (sometimes outcoached in the big games), but a good coach, clearly a good man as well - sometimes a bit morally righteous but good. And his books - well, they are very good and I'd give his book Uncommon to any young man as a must read - heck, women too. That's why I admire him even more off the field than on. 

When Tony quit coaching so that he'd have many years left to donate to causes he cared about, my respect for him grew that much more. But I will admit I am confused - with all the important work to do for his ministries, what is he doing wasting time getting his ego stroked by Mike and Mike while offering hugely biased opinions that only a Koolaid drinking Colts fan could love? Now he's just another talking head and his worst qualities (huge biases, moralistic BS) are highlighted, while his best qualities cannot come to the fore. 

I hope he gets it pretty soon and realizes he is adding mediocrity to his legacy and that it's time to walk and help the troubled young men he said he was going to help when he quit.  At this point, I'm rooting for the Saints harder than ever, just to wipe the arrogant smirk of Saint Dungy's face. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Dungy fan here. 

Now I don't subscribe to everything dungy.  In fact, I believe he may be a fairly obstinate guy so much so that he refuses to change enough for ultimate success, which has something to do with why the colts are in the SB this year..

But give me a break.  Dungy is now paid to provide his opinion as are Bruschi and Harrison and it is natural that they would lean to their history. 

Given that you all are fans of the "Fort Knox of Organization information" it doesn't surprise me that you prefer all of these guys to keep their mouths shut, but be clear.  As much as Belichick usually reveals nothing, he doesn't keep his mouth shut (see comments re: Panthers DB's). 

Ultimately, your feelings are nothing more than understandable fandom. 

Laz - I like you, your comments disturb me - not because of your opinion, but because of your assumptions.  I've never seen proof that Dungy's son was gay or that he was disowned.  And if you believe Andy Reid was villified where Dungy was not, accept, at least, that reactions are different when an unnecessary death occurs as opposed to a unnecessary crime, regardless of whether the same criminal items were used for each.  

pmike - apparently you'd rather Dungy just go the way of Bobby Fischer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

dogg, I agree the Colts are better without Dungy's ultra-conservative approach.

Dungy is paid to give his opinion, you're right but he's paid to not be biased and a) analyze based on his experience and b) analyze based on statistics. Harrison and Bruschi both blasted Belichick after 4th and 2 and they both always believed the Patriots would go into New Orleans and end their then-perfect season. In both cases, they put their affinity for the Patriots organization aside and spoke what they truly felt. Dungy, during the Indy/New England game was asked who he'd take between Brady and Manning. If he says Manning, fine, but he never stated why. He was asked 3-4 times in that piece why he'd take Manning over Brady and all he did was laugh and say he'd take Manning. At least other analysts back up their opinion. Dungy just looks a moron up there.

I personally don't mind the Patriots way of doing business: staying mum on hotbed issues. I think it's great for a business and great for a football team. Put out a winning product and they'll get some of my income each year in the form of flying out from Atlanta, purchasing tickets at Gillette, eating at their venue, and buying their merchandise. How many times has Belichick done what Dungy's done? Almost never. The one instance you brought up was Carolina and that's true. That happened. Remember, though, that that story seems to be made up by Albert Breer (I don't have the facts but another poster said he knows Moss through a local gym) and Carolina was questioning the effort of a guy who was playing with a bum shoulder. Belichick made an example of Moss before that game by sending him home so I bet this was him coming out and supporting his guy through the media. I wouldn't say Belichick "always" does that.

Only guy I like on the Colts, Jeff Saturday. Heard his story this week and it's inspiring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Laz - I like you, your comments disturb me - not because of your opinion, but because of your assumptions.  I've never seen proof that Dungy's son was gay or that he was disowned.  And if you believe Andy Reid was villified where Dungy was not, accept, at least, that reactions are different when an unnecessary death occurs as opposed to a unnecessary crime, regardless of whether the same criminal items were used for each." 

~dogg-You should know me, In that I'm so apolitical...no, a better word, so 'existenially fixated' on my own mortality- (which I've yet to accept might end...I mean, for me-The rest of you all are no doubt, worm food-and that's fine since There cannot possibly by troubles loftier than my own, right?)-THAT, I could care less about politics, and as is the case here, current events of Any and All figures in the limelight, so to say (even if noone agrees with that last part, let's just all concur the more obvious part-that any issues which come up in my world, are more important than yours).  An Also Note: Tony Dungy's viewpoints and his personal life were, at least for me, something I hadn't even heard of until another BDC Poster on this Board, elicited the details openly in some long ago thread 2-3 years back. 

YET, This is for argument's sake, Which I'm usually game for checking my currently long standing escape from contemporary reality, By proffering my 2 cents in the more genuine world of cyberspace.  Therefore then, A simple "Google" regarding "Tony Dungy and Gay son/Homosexuality", Did the rest...BUT ya all know, I'm pretty darn lazy too, correct?  SO, IF my overall facts and tenets are inaccurate after scrolling down the page(s) (total: 1) and hitting on the numerous links (total: 2) provided within the search engine, We ALL might shed further light on the credence of these claims... 

~AND subsequently therefore, this just might change the totally unbiased opinions of this Pat's Fan's unprejudiced 1-internet-page's-worth of completely proven views regarding Tony Dungy's History of Intolerance on a time when He unfairly belonged on the obviously, totally corrupt Competition Committee when he was also the standing Head Coach of My Favorite Team's (the best team in the league's) biggest hated rival.  

~And so on a final note, I think I'm correct largely because I don't really like being Incorrect, and because my problems, my theories, heck-even my stereotypes and insinuations, Hold more merit than another "average person's" does (read: "regular person"=anyone outside my body...who's no doubt far less educated, open-minded, and as was previously extrapolated upon-unfortunately merely mortal...and if you also want to include temporal beauty as yet 1 more reason why my ideas should be taken as relative scripture-you certainly can...and actually, probably should).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The pompas azz named Dungy? How could you not love the guy? Well his son loved him so much he took his own life,this in a nutshell should tell you how anal retentive he is as a person,Mr.Holier than thou himself! Wanna be self professed great coach!!!!! I won't even turn on a TV set with his mug staring back at me. I haven't watched 2 full minutes of hype for this Super Bowl,largely because we have to hear the drivel that comes out of his semi retarded mouth. Good luck at the Ministry of Lost Souls all Pompas Church....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

RUSSGRISWOLD, OUTSIDE OF NEW ENGLAND LOTS DO