Tony Eason is on this list?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Tony Eason is on this list?

From the Elias Sports Bureau:

Kurt Warner completed 29 of 33 passes, including five touchdown passes, in the Cardinals' 51-45 victory over the Packers. Five other starting quarterbacks threw more TD passes than incompletions in a playoff game (season listed in parentheses):

Daryle Lamonica, Raiders vs. Oilers (13-for-17, 6 TDs in 1969);

Dave Krieg, Seahawks vs. Broncos (12-for-13, 3 TDs in 1983);

Tony Eason, Patriots vs. Dolphins (10-for-12, 3 TDs in 1985);

Peyton Manning, Colts vs. Broncos (22-for-26, 5 TDs in 2003); and

Tom Brady, Patriots vs. Jaguars (26-for-28, 3 TDs in 2007).

Updated: January 10, 2010

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Tony Eason is on this list?

The 1985 season was our first super bowl appearance. I was never an Eason fan, I loved Steve Grogan. Eason got hurt in game six that season and Grogan led us on a six game winning streak. Then Grogan got hurt and Eason took us the rest of the way to the super bowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

....and he did all that in high heels and a dress.... impressive. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

yea baby my namesake from Ill..............he played great even though I have a soft spot for 14 and the neckroll....................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from packetloss. Show packetloss's posts

I'll probably be in a minority here but I liked Eason.

Back in England, this was the first year in which I got to watch the Patriots play on TV (they showed one game each week, the more the Pats won, the more often they were on TV) and Eason was the QB. I was then unaware that Grogan was injured and was simply glad that they won and got to the SB.

I am aware that after the SB he lost his confidence and at one stage even joined the Jests but Eason simply reminds me of when I fell in love with football (and the Pats).

I'm with Harley, bring on the draft!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I still remember the perfect pop fly he threw to Fryar to beat the Rams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ha! Perfect one Harley...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

What I remember most about Tony Eason (and what appears to be borne out here) is that he suffered from a fairly widespread condition commonly known as Not Being Steve Grogan. Forums like this one didn't exist back then. This kind of discussion was relegated primarily to barrooms and card tables and such like that, but if memory serves (and it may not -- my youth was spent frivilously on drunkenness and bad companions) nobody in my circle of acquaintance was dismissing Ray Berry as out-of-touch or demanding Eason be traded for a handful of magic beans after the Pats got embarassed in the Super Bowl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I am aware that after the SB he lost his confidence and at one stage even joined the Jests but Eason simply reminds me of when I fell in love with football (and the Pats).

It's funny how memories get distorted. One of Eason's best seasons was the year after the Super Bowl. In 1986, he had career-highs of 276 completions, 448 attempts, 61.6 completion percentage, 3,328 yards. He also had 19 TD passes (2nd) and just just 10 INTs. His 89.4 QB rating was second-best of his career.

It was after 1986 when his career collapsed and he was eventually booed out of New England.

I was a huge Grogan fan -- he's still my favorite all-time Patriot along with Julius Adams -- but I always felt bad about how Eason was treated at the end.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

It's funny in all Boston pro teams some time no matter how well they do some players just are never liked.

Tony Eason probably tops the all time list.

On the other hand guys like Wes Welker and Randy Vataha will always be loved.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

His story has become a sad one. He no longer speaks to the media. He is the only QB to start a super bowl and not complete a pass.

If I remember correctly his first pass in the super bowl was to TE Lin Dawson who went down with torn ligaments in his knee. Shortly after, Stanley Morgan dropped a sure TD pass.

He was far from the worst QB we've ever had but he will be forever remembered for his performance in Super Bowl XX.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Watching the old Super Bowl highlights of that game and Mike Singletary said Eason's eyes were wide open in horror as we was surveying the Bears defense that year.

Although I'll never forget that win over the Dolphins in the 85 playoffs. Plus sweet wins over the Jets and Raiders leading up to that game. First postseason wins I remembered the Pats getting. He did go on to have a good 86 season but Grogan pulled us out at the end with a win over the Dolphins. Then Eason got sacked for a safety against the Broncos and faded quickly after that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

... but Grogan pulled us out at the end with a win over the Dolphins.

Yeah, I was at that game. Had end zone seats for the last Dolphins game at the Orange Bowl. Not that I wanted Eason to get hurt, but I was so happy when Grogan came and had a great game. I'm not a big autograph guy, but my buddy I went to the game with wanted autograph so we waited for the team to get out and I got his autograph on a Super Bowl cap that I had. Still have it although the autograph is kind of faded now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeachRooster. Show BeachRooster's posts

Come on people... Eason was a decent QB for a few years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I liked Eason.  Mostly because of what he was able to do in the 85 playoffs; SB notwithstanding :^(  Right wrong or indifferent, 85 was the fist time Pats fans had a good reason to hold their heads up.  Our road wins to get to the SB will forever be remembered; especially against the Dolphins.  Of course, that whooping we got from the Bears will also be remembered.

Yeah, Grogan was a great Pat.  Eason did his part for a short time though.