Too bad the Pats aren't playing Houston or Denver.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

Too bad the Pats aren't playing Houston or Denver.....

Teams around the league might not say it publicly, but they fear the pain that the Ravens bring each game. Football is a violent game but the Ravens bring the brutality like no other team can week in and week out, despite the losses they have suffered this season. Teams have to fight to the end to earn their victories over the Ravens, and the Patriots are already dealing with recent or lingering injuries that might affect their abilities to play at full strength. Meanwhile the Ravens are flexing their muscles with their impressive running game that has seen both Ray Rice and Willis McGahee have huge games down the stretch and pound the rock as well as anyone the Patriots have faced all season.

If the Ravens can limit the penalties and mistakes, unlike what they did in the teams' first meeting, then there is no reason why Baltimore cannot run over the Patriots and win that game easily and move onto another showdown with a team that just barely beat them this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: Too bad the Pats aren't playing Houston or Denver.....

No reason the Ravens can't run over the Patriots and win the game easily? It's the same reason Ray Lewis can't grow a third leg before the game to help with his pile jumping. It's called reality. You should check it out sometime.

Every week we have to listen to this garbage. Week after week. Year after year. Fans of opposing teams come here to shoot their mouth off about how their team is going to destroy us and throw around clever names like Patsies and bring up "Spygate" as if it has any sort of relevance to anything. Then the Pats take out said team and the troll vanishes completely. Or they stick around and make excuses as to why their team lost. It's getting kind of old.

And I'm glad that you think the Ravens are such a bunch on manly men that all the other teams are wetting their pants at the thought of facing them. But the fact is, the Ravens are soft mentally. They are a bunch of whinnig crybabies. And if they lose this game there will be no shortage of excuses and whining. They can never just take it like a man. It's always somebody else's fault. These guys are starting to make the Chargers look classy.

Either way, forgive us all if we are too worried about your predictions or shaking in our boots over thought of facing the mighty Ravens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

OH NO! Not the Patriots They hit to hard oooohhhhhh  ooooocccccchhh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

Very nice post Daffodil....please return after the game and share your thoughts. I would really love a reality update from you.

I guess the said "trolls" were right six times this year....seven this weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

RavenTerp is a brilliant satirist.  He had me fooled for a minute.  I thought he was serious.  Then I remembered how the Terps' football team played this fall. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hey, when you make the playoffs you expect to play good teams. Personally I don't like championships as much unless you go through some tough competition on the way. Having said that, the Ravens aren't all that intimidating. Joe Flacco looks a bit lost out there half the time these days. Yes, Denver would have been easier, but Pittsburgh would have been tougher. Things worked out ok. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Yeah, they really struck fear in the hearts of the Raiders Sunday with that 21-13 win against one of the NFL's worst. An offense that can't score and a defense that has been middle of the road for years. The NFL is quaking in their cleats...Quietly quaking so they don't upset the chain gang.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

My favorite parts about Ravens games is the itching and moaning by Ray Ray at the end.

"We tried to cheap shot them but the refs had to throw a flag and it kept two of their drives alive. I'm not saying that changed the game, but the flags gave them 14 points."

"I tell you, their QB is a cheap shot artist. He tried to take out our cheap shot artist."

"Man, we'd have won that game if we didn't break down in the last 10 minutes and commit 5 Unsportsmanlike Conduct" penalties. Of course, it is the refs fault for throwing the flags."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

There's always one, isn't there?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

RavenTWERP  I'm here most days, and definitely on Sundays. Now you my little pansy are you gonna show up?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I wish we could see I.P. addresses attached to the posts because I have a feeling we could start calling this guy Underraven or Bubbaterp.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

WIN 4 WES.....Ravens,End of the road

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Jbolted - I happen to think your team has looked really tough this year and is my favorite to win it all - however - your team has a history of the 2 handed choke in the playoffs -

How about waiting for your team to win a couple of playoff games in a row before you talk the big smack

If any coach can pull the rabbit out of the hat it is BB - the Pats had no right to beat the Chargers in 06 but they did - hope your team is not as overconfident as you are

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Top 5 rushing teams in 2009:

1. New York Jets          172.2
    2. Tennessee Titans      162.0
    3. Carolina Panthers      156.1
    4. Miami Dolphins          139.4
    5. Baltimore Ravens       137.5

Week 2:  Jets        117 yards rushing
    Week 4:  Ravens    116 yards rushing
    Week 6:  Titans     193 yards rushing
    Week 9:  Dolphins  133 yards rushing
    Week 11: Jets       104 yards rushing
    Week 13: Dolphins   88 yards rushing
    Week 14: Panthers 126 yards rushing

Patriots held all these top 5 rushing teams under their
    average except for the Titans. I don't see the Ravens
    running all over the Patriots. Bring it on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Digger, good stuff but because we're Patriots fans, we'll inevitably hear some other lame excuse, even with numbers that back our claims. The terms "Spygate" and "cheaters" are always around the corner...

And I agree, BRING IT ON!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

My name is Jbolt and I wuv Philip Wirivers we had picture our taken together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

The Ravens play tough physical football, and Ray Rice has turned into one of the most exciting backs in the league. But I don't see anyway that Baltimore can beat the Patriots in New England. Baltimore has definitly improved their QB situation with the addition of Joe Flacco the past two years, but he's a sitting-duck in the pocket, because he has hardly no scrambling ability at all. I see the Patriots forcing Flacco into a few key interceptions, or stripping him of the ball (which he is also very susceptible to). But as far as the Ravens playing any more physical then other teams in the Nfl, I just don't see it! Actually, this  post is probably a good sign for the Patriots, cause it seems like whenever the fans from opposing teams come here and just talk trash, you never seem to hear from them again after the Patriots beat their team!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Dude, "Gayvens"

snicker

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

CaptainZ,  Glad you asked. The team formerly known as the Colts who as we all know blinked in the face of history are from now on to be known as the Geldings.

*a gelding is castrated horse

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

So where the f*ck have you been all season?

Yea, my point exactly.  The Patriots leave trails of injured players behind them, too.  Don't act like the Ravens are the only football team in the league that hits hard.  The Steelers (who have taken your birds up the behind in recent years) should be insulted.

You're just like your team: all talk and show, no championship results.

By the way, the Raiders showed last week that the blueprint to stop Flacco is the same that it is to stop Brady: shut down Mason/Moss and the QB gets flustered.  Todd Heap isn't what he was and Clayton cost you guys the game last time.  Think it's going to be any easier for Clayton to catch in 20-30 degree weather this Sunday?  We'll see.

I hope you come back no matter what after Sunday's game, and not to make excuses.  I'll be here, and unlike most of the one-time-wonders who troll this board, I can take my medicine.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ok, raventerp....

You come here spouting about your "vaunted" Ravens after the whupping they gave to the Raiders, a team with nothing to play for other than being a spoiler, in which they should thank the Riader's QB for handing the game to those birds!  Playing the Pats in the Razor is a far cry from the cellar dwelling Raiders.  You seem to forget, the Pats now have a HEALTHY RB corps versus that first game.  Oh, and I see you have set up the "penalties" excuse for when they lose.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

Cap 33...the Mighty Ravens will crush the patsies no matter how much trash I talk or don't talk...deal with it.

May I remind you patsielovers, this is our FIRST significant meeting. Stop living in the unimportant past.

past
    patsies
    pasties 
    pastries

Spooky similar......If "patsies" is so lame how come there is always four or five klowns like you getting all butthurt over it on every thread? Riddle me that patsieman.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

RavenTerp...  how old are ya?  Still at UofM? Fear the Turtle!!  Typical juvenile trash talk heard over and over again on this site every week.  Most times, it is just that, talk!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

RavenBurp - "Every time I try to have decent sports dialogue..."

Yeah, that is a shame. I guess everybody else's idea of a "decent sports dialogue" isn't "My Super Ravens will crush the Patsies". Everyone else must be to blame when you offer up such scintillating topics of conversation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Too bad the Pats aren't playing Houston or Denver.....:
    Cap 33...the Mighty Ravens will crush the patsies no matter how much trash I talk or don't talk...deal with it. May I remind you patsielovers, this is our FIRST significant meeting. Stop living in the unimportant past. past patsies pasties  pastries Spooky similar......If "patsies" is so lame how come there is always four or five klowns like you getting all butthurt over it on every thread? Riddle me that patsieman.
    Posted by RavenTerp

The Past is only unimportant if you don't have one. The Ravens past is a history of losing to the Patriots including a game this year when the Patriots weren't even playing well and still managed to score 27 points against a highly overated Ravens defense. This explains your unwillingness to talk about it. I laugh at the premise that the Ravens will run the ball down the Patriots throat. With our starting D line in tact that won't happen and we all know what Flacco is going to do. You guys struggled against the a junk Raiders team in a game that you had to have to get into the Playoffs. 23 degrees Sunday and you guys have no chance.