Too bad the Pats aren't playing Houston or Denver.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Too bad the Pats aren't playing Houston or Denver.....

For all this "I talk football" b*llsh*t" coming from you, RavenTerp, you offer exactly ZERO insight into the game.

Tell me: when the Pats put 8 defenders in the box to stop Rice/McGahee and roll coverage to Mason, who's going to step up and make plays?  If the game falls into the hands of Mark Clayton again, I'd be worried if I were you (and Heap is well past his prime, too)

If the Ravens' defense doesn't score and the Ravens don't win the turnover battle, I don't see how they can win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Nick,
    I was actually thinking the same thing.. With all the generalities he has been speaking one might think that he is not even a Raven fan but possibly one of the regulars that just likes to start $h!t.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

You call my team Gayvens, best I could come back with in a reply is Gaytriots.... classic dumb reply.

Go Pats beat the Ravens again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

The ravens are 1 - 5 vs. playoff teams.  Their only win occurred against the hottest team in the NFL on a goal line stand to save the win.  The only thing teams that might face the Ravens have to fear is...  Well, there really isn't anything, is there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

That game last week saw Charlie (#72 on the NFL QB depth chart light) Frye light up the Ravens in the 1st half last week - in a game that meant everything to them.  Course he was injured and the only thing JeMarcus Russell is lighting up is...well...buffet lines?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

Nick I assure you that if BB chooses to stack 8 in the box, it will only be a cursory defensive manoeuvre not a consistent defensive package. As you know Ray Rice is second in the league in yards from scrimmage. He will always be hot route option 1 in that scenario and that will be very risky to allow him to catch the ball in open space with 3 defenders responsible for keeping him out of the endzone. Play action fakes with that setup will also hurt you guys deep. Joe is not a premier quarterback by no stretch of the imagination but he can drop 250 on any team.

You would have to be living under a rock to not know that Todd Heap is playing like himself again after several nagging injuries slowed him down earlier in the season. If Ty and Vince aren't playing at full speed you guys will be hard pressed to get a consistent pass rush going which will give Flacco time for deeper routes, and don't underestimate our not so fast receiving corps, they run crisp routes with discipline and have a knack for sitting down in zone patches.

I also think without Wes, Randy might see some double coverage unless Edelman can establish himself early. If Fred Taylor or Randy Moss don't have a big game it might be hard for NE to get points in their own right.

All clowning aside it should be a fun spectacle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I'll take the team that has no losses at home, and has a qb with three SB rings.

A wounded animal is the most dangerous much like a team that everyone is writing off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

No one is writing off the Pats...last spread was 3.5pts home team. If Wes was ok it would be 7.5 - 10. Ravens are clearly the dogs in this one....so if there is a wounded dog it's us. But I do get your point !! The press has kinda turned on the Pats because of the WW injury. And 8-0 at home can't be ignored. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"Teams around the league might not say it publicly, but they fear the pain that the Ravens bring each game. Football is a violent game but the Ravens bring the brutality like no other team can week in and week out, despite the losses they have suffered this season."

Brutality? LOL! You mean like the brutality of being 13th in the league in total offense? You're right, that's brutal.

The only thing other teams fear about the ravens are the cheap shots they bring every week, suggs or rayray going into a steriod rage or maybe one of their other thugs carrying a gun during a game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

No wants to face the Patriots in January.
    It is the place of broken dreams,the snow bowl,the Waterloo for almost every AFC team.
    Thus, to get to the Super Bowl a stop has to be made in Foxboro,as usual and few if any coaches want to let the Patriots loose against their ragtag and weakened teams.Most people point to the injuries to the Patriots,while ignoring the damages done to almost every other team in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

uncleanlife......it's fools like you that I prefer not to communicate with. My post is in reference to defense and power rushing if your little mind couldn't determine that. Where do the Ravens rank in rushing mr. momma's basement commentator?

If you are referring to the touching of Brady's shoe that resulted in a 15yrd penalty in week 4 as a cheap shot then you're right. Even Howie Long.....a well respected player and analyst went in to detail about how foolish that call was. But you just keep regurgitating the same idiotic comments and reflecting discredit upon your fan base as much as you choose. It's a free country...thanks to the great "Patriots" of history.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

What year did you play for the Patriots and what was your stats like? Because reading your salad tossing post one would think that you were a star linebacker or something.

Yes Captain Morgan those games were as meaningless as a regular season game can be. When the Birds are victorious this weekend remember the 5 reg season W's to help you get through it.

And don't boycott the Ravens when they play indy...it will be a good one. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinagrad. Show carolinagrad's posts

Yes, of drug possesion

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Your Carolina education is showing, "covited"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

You should change your name to Ravenpunk. It fits your punkass football team better

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Trolls are always at a disadvantage. It is way more embarrassing to bootlick for your team in an opposing teams forum than it is to be a homer fan in that same forum. I have never been to a Baltimore sports forum in my life and I can't imagine what would inspire a fan of another team to want to hang out here. 

Having said that, put trash talk aside and simply admit, this is a game either team can win. I expect the Pats to win but the Ravens could certainly pull this off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

One theme I keep reading is that the Ravens run the ball well and for that reason they're a contender. Indy and San Diego have no ground game and are the two top teams in the AFC. The Ravens and the Jets are the two lousiest playoff teams and have the best rushing attacks for playoff teams. It would seem that rushing is still a good thing but that passing is much more important. The top passing teams are: Houston, Indy, NE, NO, San Diego, Dallas, Green Bay, MN, Pitts and Philly in that order.

Please stop trying to tell me that rushing the ball is important on the outcome of championships anymore. This league has been Polianized and now everything favors passing offense.

As an aside its actually more expensive to put together a great running team because the lineman have to be awesome so I guess the Ravens chose for their path to be expensive as well as fruitless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[/QUOTE]
    Nick I assure you that if BB chooses to stack 8 in the box, it will only be a cursory defensive manoeuvre not a consistent defensive package. As you know Ray Rice is second in the league in yards from scrimmage. He will always be hot route option 1 in that scenario and that will be very risky to allow him to catch the ball in open space with 3 defenders responsible for keeping him out of the endzone. Play action fakes with that setup will also hurt you guys deep. Joe is not a premier quarterback by no stretch of the imagination but he can drop 250 on any team.

You would have to be living under a rock to not know that Todd Heap is playing like himself again after several nagging injuries slowed him down earlier in the season. If Ty and Vince aren't playing at full speed you guys will be hard pressed to get a consistent pass rush going which will give Flacco time for deeper routes, and don't underestimate our not so fast receiving corps, they run crisp routes with discipline and have a knack for sitting down in zone patches.

I also think without Wes, Randy might see some double coverage unless Edelman can establish himself early. If Fred Taylor or Randy Moss don't have a big game it might be hard for NE to get points in their own right. 

All clowning aside it should be a fun spectacle.

RaventTerp
    [/QUOTE]

I don't understand how Ray Rice could hurt the Patriots underneath if there's 8 men crowding the box.  If it's zone, there'll be very small gaps in the zone and if it's man he'll be running into bodies anyway just to get out of the backfield.  I don't see the # of men in the box affecting Rice's productivity either way unless it's a prevent defense that is giving him a lot of space underneath.  It's not like running backs run deep regularly - wheel routes are one of the most uncommon routes in the league (in large part because the running back, usually receiving savant Brian Westbrook, has to make an athletic over-the-shoulder catch).

And I haven't been living under a rock.  You're certainly very condescending for someone who took half of a discussion board to finally talk real, relevant football points.  Todd Heap had 53 catches for 593 yards.  That's about as mediocre as you can get from the tight end position in today's NFL.  He gets 11.2 ypc, which is really the only thing that stood out to me.

I think it could be a low scoring game where field position plays a big role and as long as the Patriots don't lose the turnover battle or give up points to the Ravens' defense, I still like their chances at home.

At the very least, a Ravens victory is far from the guaranteed result that you seem to imply it is (that is, before you backed down from your stance and pointed out the Vegas line as if it were relevant to your previous claims).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJS2877. Show JJS2877's posts

dshort....the Ravens a Dome team?? Really?? How can anyone take you seriously after that. The Ravens are a cold weather team and the snow, wind, and cold in Foxboro hurts the Pats (with their superior passing game) more than the Ravens.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

OK what is a salad tosser?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

By the way....it's the man with no vocabulary that that resorts to obscenities.

Awesome - right after you tell someone to STFU, you write that. What a maroon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

EnochRoot, I noticed the Twerp deleted that post. His education was showing as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I think a few of his posts have been deleted. I don't think he is doing it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

banned without profanity....must have said something right!!