Top 10 Power Rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

Top 10 Power Rankings

1. Colts
    2. Giants
    3. Ravens
    4. Saints
    5. Vikings
    6. Jets
    7. Denver
    8. Patriots
    9. Chargers
    10. Eagles

Stock Up: Bengals, Packers
    Stock Down: Steelers, Cardinals

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Re: Top 10 Power Rankings

In Response to Top 10 Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]1. Colts 2. Giants 3. Ravens 4. Saints 5. Vikings 6. Jets 7. Denver 8. Patriots 9. Chargers 10. Eagles Stock Up: Bengals, Packers Stock Down: Steelers, Cardinals
    Posted by HipHopHooray[/QUOTE]dont worry, the ravens wont be up there after this Sunday!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Is this supposed to be a joke?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Re: Top 10 Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]Is this supposed to be a joke?
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]...I can't wait to see what YOUR rankings would be..Let me guess 1. Patriots 2. not the Colts 3. Giants  4. not the Ravens   5. Saints  6. Vikings    7. anyone except the Jets   8. Denver   etc

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Except for Denver, its not a bad list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayosmyboy51. Show mayosmyboy51's posts

1. Giants
    2. Ravens
    3. Saints
    4. Jets
    5. Colts
    6. Eagles
    7. Patriots
    8. Vikings
    9. Packers
    10. 49ers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

It's all about who is playing the best when it counts.  Just ask the 16-0 Patriots team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Giants aren't what people think they are. They faced the Skins, Cowboys, and the Bucs. Those 3 teams have a combined record of 2-6. The Cowboys pretty much gave them the game. That D is weaker than most people think, I should know, I watch Giants games weekly. You can run on them, and they can be susceptible to the Pass if they face a good O-line. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinagrad. Show carolinagrad's posts

[QUOTE]Ravens? Uhh, no. They almost lost to KC at home and SD without LT. Vikings have played Cleveland, Detroit and home against SF where they barely won.  Way too early to be taking these seriously.  When Brady wakes up, I feel sorry for the defense they'll play.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Big time Pat's fan that lives in Baltimore area now. Since we played Buffalo on Thursday I watched Kansas City /Balt game. The Ravens totally dominated the Chiefs. The total yardage was something like 520 yards to 170 yards. The Chiefs had a blocked punt for a touchdown and an interception return to the 4 yard line that led to a touchdown. The Ravens are very good.  We can exploit their secondary, but they have a young very athletic offensive line, excellent running backs, and a quarterback Ron Jawororski today called a stud.

We will win,  but it is going to be a close game. The Ravens are very good. Go Pat's I need bragging rights.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from All4Indiana. Show All4Indiana's posts

Baltimore is the best in the league right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]haha Colts play a team SF beat and one that has NO running game.  The Colts have one of their worst run Ds in the NFL.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Don't forget (for those who missed Sunday Night Football), that CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie got burned and when he wasn't being burned was simply miles out of place in zone... He, alone gave the game to Manning and whatever WR he was supposed to cover on MULTIPLE TDs (Today hopefully he's coming to terms that an NFL CB can't simply rely on his speed, his speed, and umm, his speed alone in order to be a starting NFL Corner)... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Brady and the offense were maybe a total of 20 yards shy of scoring 38 points. The problem for everybody else is, they're getting more in sync each week.  The Pats normally play at an extremely high level.  For that matter, the team has about 11 free agents and four top-of-second-round draft choices to integrate into the team.  Most of the other 31 NFL teams have plateaued out and aren't going anywhere.

Real power rankings are about how the team will play next week, not how they played last year.  I have the sense that the Baltimore Ravens are somebody's #2 or #3 in the NFL for about six more days and that's it.

I don't know this "somebody" so I looked up some professional rankings.

I just looked up "Associated Content.com" week 4 power rankings and found the Ravens at #3 and the New England Patriots at #14.  Hmm, going by that site it would be all over for the Patriots.

"Not to ruin anything for anyone, but I don't forsee Baltimore slipping from the top spot in our SI.com NFL Power Rankings this week. Just saying." -- Don Banks, SI

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"The Colts have one of their worst run Ds in the NFL."

Common misconception, and one I don't mind being out there.  The Colt D has basically looked great two games and horrible one.  They truly had no answers for the wildcat, but they contained MJD all but one play and did a pretty good job on a great Cardinal offense.  Believe me, after that Miami game we Colt fans were scratching our heads, but one game does not a season make!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Oh, my list:

1) NYG
    2) Balt
    3) Indy
    4) NO
    5) NYJ
    6) Philly
    7) NE
    8) Atl
    9) Minn
    10) SD

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]"The Colts have one of their worst run Ds in the NFL." Common misconception, and one I don't mind being out there.  The Colt D has basically looked great two games and horrible one.  They truly had no answers for the wildcat, but they contained MJD all but one play and did a pretty good job on a great Cardinal offense.  Believe me, after that Miami game we Colt fans were scratching our heads, but one game does not a season make!
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]
    Jules - Pats fans quickly forgot how badly they were gashed by the wildcat in their first game against Miami last year.  How could a 1-15 team from the prior year tear up the formerly 16-0 pats?  It is an effective scheme in the right situation, and they killed the colts on the ground just like they did to the pats. 

The difference between those games, however, is that the pats lost at home while the colts won on the road. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Power Rankings : Big time Pat's fan that lives in Baltimore area now. Since we played Buffalo on Thursday I watched Kansas City /Balt game. The Ravens totally dominated the Chiefs. The total yardage was something like 520 yards to 170 yards. The Chiefs had a blocked punt for a touchdown and an interception return to the 4 yard line that led to a touchdown. The Ravens are very good.  We can exploit their secondary, but they have a young very athletic offensive line, excellent running backs, and a quarterback Ron Jawororski today called a stud. We will win,  but it is going to be a close game. The Ravens are very good. Go Pat's I need bragging rights.
    Posted by carolinagrad[/QUOTE]

Yeah there can be no argument that the Ravens look like a top 5 team this year. Secondary appears to be the weak spot which is scary to think about considering the presence of Ed Reed alone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Power Rankings : Jules - Pats fans quickly forgot how badly they were gashed by the wildcat in their first game against Miami last year.  How could a 1-15 team from the prior year tear up the formerly 16-0 pats?  It is an effective scheme in the right situation, and they killed the colts on the ground just like they did to the pats.  The difference between those games, however, is that the pats lost at home while the colts won on the road. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Another minor detail is that the Pats had Matt Cassel starting in his 3rd or 4rth game of his career and the Colts had Peyton starting in like his 170th straight. Good comparison though underdonk!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

[QUOTE]The Giants aren't what people think they are. They faced the Skins, Cowboys, and the Bucs. Those 3 teams have a combined record of 2-6. The Cowboys pretty much gave them the game. That D is weaker than most people think, I should know, I watch Giants games weekly. You can run on them, and they can be  susceptible  to the Pass if they face a good O-line. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

You are still bitter over the epic failure of 18-1. And you should be. The rest of the world still laughs at you for it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Power Rankings : Another minor detail is that the Pats had Matt Cassel starting in his 3rd or 4rth game of his career and the Colts had Peyton starting in like his 170th straight. Good comparison though underdonk!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]\
    TrueChump - yeah I got that.  But I didn't know Cassell played defense, too.  But if that is the case, then yeah, he is also responsible for allowing the phins to grind out 216 yards (6/carry).  A QB going both ways.  Unique in today's NFL, but if there is any coach that can do it, its belichick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]The Giants aren't what people think they are. They faced the Skins, Cowboys, and the Bucs. Those 3 teams have a combined record of 2-6. The Cowboys pretty much gave them the game. That D is weaker than most people think, I should know, I watch Giants games weekly. You can run on them, and they can be  susceptible  to the Pass if they face a good O-line. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

3-6.  Giants do have some issues on D, especially dealing with early season injury issues in the secondary (Losing Phillips for the season) but holding any NFL opponent to 100 yards and 0 points is pretty good.  They have top 5 caliber oline and dline, which like speed in baseball, doesn't really slump.  They play AFC West heavyweights KC and OAK the next two weeks which should set them up to be 5-0 heading into a week 6 game in NO.

I agree about the D somewhat but while they do give up some big plays they also make a lot of big plays.  With that D-line they are able to pressure the qb regularly w/out rushing more than 5, which not many teams can do.  The Giants will make the play-offs like they have every year since Eli has been the starter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Baltimore is the best in the league right now.
    Posted by All4Indiana[/QUOTE]
    Are you high? After 3 games, 2 against the worst teams in the league, you make a statement like that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

How are people ranking Indy so high.  Their opponents have won a combined 2 games and they barely beat poor looking Jax and Miami teams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

Giants should be at the top.

Jets are just a brilliant disguise.

The Pats (love them) but they just can't score.  Ravens will give us a spanken this weekend.  Pats should not be in the top 10.

Where are the Boys?  They should be on the top 10.  I am surprised you jokers didn't put the Lions on the top 10.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Got to hand to these guys who think they're witty and smart posting as a Pats fan in disguise nothing better to do I guess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

At the risk of sounding ignorant do they factor in strength of schedule like college or is this just based off the stats to date.
    Or worse, is it the opinions of bloated sports writers whose butts I kick with picks every year?